• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Launches GeForce RTX 3080 12GB Graphics Card

The shortages around the world were caused by the governments deciding to close everything down because they suck at governing. It's not just a chip shortage, but it's a shortage on many other things, even employment.

Don't throw all the manufacturers mismanagement at the government. They suck at governing, but manufacturers suck even more at managing their shit. Look at who's doing well and who's doing worse: toyota (the og's of smart manufacturing processes), apple, etc no problems until recently; everyone else end of the world...

System Name Nebulon B
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-4800
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Not that I am saying that gaming is pure but:
Gaming doesn't require your GPU to run at 100% load 24/7
It doesn't burn 8% of national energy resources for printing money
Doesn't directly impact Inflation in the whole world
Doesn't cause chip crisis in the whole world

While you are enjoying earning 80 dollar Euro or maybe even less, per month you are actually losing and also contributing in making every single person in the world lose much more than that.
I see where you're coming from, but do you really think that a couple of gamers mining with their home PCs part-time will make a dent on the economy or cause global warming? It's like blaming me for having a 1.6 L EcoBoost Fiesta ST instead of a base model Yaris or something when others maintain a fleet of Ferraris. I'm not saying that you're entirely wrong, but you're preaching in the wrong choir. Miners who rent warehouses filled with thousands of GPUs will never come to this forum to talk about tech with people like us.

TL;DR: If take the impact on the environment that a single person causes with their home tech and family car(s), and add it up to the scale of the planet, it'll still be an insignificant value compared to whole industries.