• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Project G-Assist Hands On and Under the Hood

xeph713

This seems dystopian as hell. Not only is it closed source, but it also (probably) collects an ungodly amount of data. Also - where is the fun in the AI playing instead of me? If I really struggle with something, I could always open a browser tab and find the answers to my questions, without forfeiting all of my privacy.

Those types of technologies could actually be useful, but only if they are processed locally and are completely open-source. Meaning, the AMD alternative, that would be severely lacking in some areas, would still be preferable when compared to this.

I can't wait for the AI bubble to burst.

Processor R7-7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2 rev B
Memory no name DDR5-5200
Video Card(s) Some 3080 10GB
Storage dual Intel DC P4610 1.6TB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34MQ + Dell 2708WFP
Case Lian-Li Lancool III black no rgb
Power Supply CM UCP 750W
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Fair enough if you use that when you are stuck and have exhausted your options or when the game is not intuitive enough to give you that information naturally but using it otherwise is just robbing yourself of the experience of playing the game.
Experiences i might not want or care about or that are any good on "that" game. If i use it all the time or only when stuck is a "me" issue at best, no different from having two monitors and one open on a forum walkthrough or YT walkthrough

I'm going sidestep the rest of the conversation going on in this thread as most of it is filled with metaphoric hand-grades and land-mines.

What I will say is: Not impressed and very much suspicious of the potentials. It's one thing to have a technology assist and help, it's another to be hand-held and subverted.

No Thank You NVidia. You can keep this crap to yourself and off MY PC.