• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Shares Cyberpunk 2077 RT: Overdrive Mode Performance Numbers

GFreeman

News Editor
Staff member
CD PROJEKT RED's Cyberpunk 2077 is already one of the most technologically advanced games available, using several ray tracing techniques to render its neon-illuminated environments and vast Night City visuals at incredible levels of detail. Now, a new Cyberpunk 2077 update has hit the streets, featuring the technology preview of the Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode, which enhances the game's already-amazing visuals with full ray tracing, otherwise known as path tracing.

Full ray tracing accurately simulates light throughout an entire scene. It is used by visual effects artists to create film and TV graphics that are indistinguishable from reality, but until the arrival of GeForce RTX GPUs with RT Cores, and the AI-powered acceleration of NVIDIA DLSS, real-time video game full ray tracing was impossible because it's extremely GPU intensive. Previous techniques separately addressed ray-traced shadows, reflections and global illumination for a small number of light sources. Full ray tracing models the properties of light from a virtually unlimited number of emissive sources, delivering physically correct shadows, reflections and global illumination on all objects. The technology preview for Cyberpunk 2077's Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode is a sneak peek into the future of full ray tracing, and we are working with CD PROJEKT RED on further full ray tracing enhancements, bug fixes, and performance optimizations.

One of the most impactful additions in the technology preview of Cyberpunk 2077's Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode is NVIDIA RTX Direct Illumination (RTXDI), a free SDK that enables developers to closely replicate the appearance of light in scenes with numerous light sources. With RTXDI, thousands of objects can emit ray-traced light.

In Cyberpunk 2077, each neon sign, street lamp, LED billboard, car headlight, and other source of light is now ray-traced, bathing objects, walls, passing cars and pedestrians in accurate lighting.

With full ray tracing and RTXDI, now practically all light sources cast physically correct soft shadows, a feat previously unimaginable using previous approaches. Players will experience enhanced shadowing, with better depth, detail and realism. Cyberpunk 2077 features a full day-night cycle. To upgrade indirect lighting from all emissive sources, including the sun and moon, Global Illumination (GI) needed to be path traced, too. Rendering techniques including Screen Space Reflections, Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, and the existing GI solutions were replaced by a single unified algorithm that delivers more accurate lighting of scenes and objects. With the Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode enabled, natural colored lighting bounces multiple times throughout Cyberpunk 2077's world, creating more realistic indirect lighting and occlusion. Reflections now incorporate bounced detail, too, and are rendered at full resolution, accentuating the cyberpunk aesthetic and further heightening immersion.

Combined, the full ray tracing of direct and global illumination give gamers the most advanced real-time lighting seen to date in gaming, and a preview of how all games will look in the future.

To bring these incredible effects to life, at performant frame rates, CD PROJEKT RED and NVIDIA have worked hand in hand to introduce new optimizations for this entirely new fully ray-traced pipeline.

NVIDIA Shader Execution Reordering (SER) helps GPUs with executing incoherent workloads boosting performance, NVIDIA Real-Time Denoisers (NRD) have been leveraged to further improve performance and image quality, and our drivers have been specially tuned to optimize frame rates. So be sure to update to the Cyberpunk 2077 Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode GeForce Game Ready Driver.

Together with NVIDIA DLSS 3, the performance multiplier, these technologies, tweaks and optimizations enable GeForce RTX 40 Series gamers to play Cyberpunk 2077 fully ray-traced with maximum performance.

With DLSS 3 activated, 4K performance on a GeForce RTX 4090 will be boosted by 4.6X to 103 FPS, and on a GeForce RTX 4080, performance leaps by 5X to 74 FPS. At 1440p, GeForce RTX 4070 Ti performance increases by 3.1X using DLSS 3, to 80 FPS. On recently-released GeForce RTX 40 Series laptops, DLSS 3 multiplies performance by 3X, enabling laptop owners to experience the fully ray-traced Night City anywhere in the world.

As you can see, full ray tracing is extremely GPU intensive. For the technology preview of Cyberpunk 2077's Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode, we currently recommend a GeForce RTX 40 Series GPU and NVIDIA DLSS 3.

Those without a game-ready device can also experience Cyberpunk 2077 with DLSS 3 and full ray tracing in the new Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode by streaming it from the cloud with a GeForce NOW Ultimate membership, which gives you the power of a GeForce RTX 4080-class PC in the cloud.

For the very best experience with Cyberpunk 2077's new fully ray traced mode, download our latest Game Ready Drivers for your PC or laptop.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
"For the very best experience with Cyberpunk 2077's new fully ray traced mode, download our latest Game Ready Drivers for your PC or laptop."

That magic isn't making my 2060 laptop play this, you sold me a lie once clearly and this statement is pure biscuits, nonsense I need to Download your latest hardware, , but it's not me who's the fool.

"For the very best experience with Cyberpunk 2077's new fully ray traced mode, download our latest Game Ready Drivers for your PC or laptop."

That magic isn't making my 2060 laptop play this, you sold me a lie once clearly and this statement is pure biscuits, nonsense I need to Download your latest hardware, , but it's not me who's the fool.
Are you blaming nvidia because their new GPUs perform better than your 3 year old GPU?

System Name Ciel
Processor AMD Ryzen R5 5600X
Motherboard Asus Tuf Gaming B550 Plus
Cooling ID-Cooling 224-XT Basic
Memory 2x 16GB Kingston Fury 3600MHz@3933MHz
Video Card(s) Gainward Ghost 3060 Ti 8GB + Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 8GB
Storage NVMe Kingston KC3000 2TB + NVMe Toshiba KBG40ZNT256G + HDD WD 4TB
Display(s) AOC Q27G3XMN + Samsung S22F350
Case Cougar MX410 Mesh-G
Audio Device(s) Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Core 7.1 Wireless PC
Power Supply Aerocool KCAS-500W
Mouse EVGA X15
Keyboard VSG Alnilam
Software Windows 11

While this patch is nothing more than a cool tech demo, it's not NVIDIA's fault technology marches on.

Or did they disable the old ray tracing options with this update? No, they didn't, you overspend on a card 3 years ago and you're still screaming about it.

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
I was expecting an old RT mode vs Overdrive mode performance comparison, yet, here we are with another advert for DLSS 3.0. Useless.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
Can’t wait to see what this looks like on my GT1030!!!

;)

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P

You could just buy another overpriced laptop and hope technology doesn't keep advancing. I don't know that it'll work though.

System Name Personal Gaming Rig
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E Carbon
Cooling MO-RA 3 420
Memory 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 ICHILL FROSTBITE ULTRA
Storage 4x 2TB Nvme
Display(s) Samsung G8 OLED
Case Silverstone FT04
Steve Nexus already had a video on this for the "Real word performance without fake frame generation"

It is pretty brutal for the tiniest bit of unnoticeable visual improvement .

System Name IZALITH (or just "Lith")
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D (4.2Ghz base 5.0Ghz boost, -30 PBO offset)
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master Rev 1.0
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx AG400 Single Tower
Memory Corsair Vengeance 64GB (2x32GB) 6000MHz CL40 DDR5 XMP (XMP enabled)
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 XTX Red Devil OC 24GB
Storage 2x1TB SSD, 2x2TB SSD, 2x 8TB HDD
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G51C 27" QHD (1440p 165Hz) + Samsung Odyssey G3 24" FHD (1080p 165Hz)
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Corsair HS55 Surround Wired Headset/LG Z407 Speaker Set
Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Platinum Modular (1000W)
Mouse Corsair RGB Harpoon PRO Wired Mouse
Keyboard Corsair K60 RGB PRO Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Software Fedora 40 Workstation (KDE Spin)
So i've recently started playing CP2077 (and love it by the way, what an amazing game) and decided to turn on ray tracing as an experiment. I was hoping that the implementation in this game would be the one that convinces me of why ray tracing is "good" (since my only other experience was with Elden Ring and that certainly didn't). Unfortunately it didn't impress me enough to sacrifice the native rendering in favour of upscaling required to get a decent framerate. It could be my age and gaming experience but the pre-baked lighting, reflections and shadows already looks incredible to me.

Perhaps there'll be a game in the future that changes my mind? But so far RT just feels like a gimmick to me, one that you have to trade too much for.

Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
So i've recently started playing CP2077 (and love it by the way, what an amazing game) and decided to turn on ray tracing as an experiment. I was hoping that the implementation in this game would be the one that convinces me of why ray tracing is "good" (since my only other experience was with Elden Ring and that certainly didn't). Unfortunately it didn't impress me enough to sacrifice the native rendering in favour of upscaling required to get a decent framerate. It could be my age and gaming experience but the pre-baked lighting, reflections and shadows already looks incredible to me.

Perhaps there'll be a game in the future that changes my mind? But so far RT just feels like a gimmick to me, one that you have to trade too much for.
I couldn't agree more! Besides, one should be playing the game, not looking at pretty shadows. Sure, graphics are important, but not at the cost of everything else.

Ok as a tech demo it's very nice, but's ludicrous to think this will run at playable frames rates on 4090 even with fake frames except at low res. Maybe Blackwell 5090 could vaslty improve things, but that will be well over $2K mark my words. 3nm is 50% dearer than 4nm, so if you think Lovelace pricing sucks (and it does) this is the prep for Blackwell's sticker shock.

I think the game could look much better if the assets works was made with path tracing in mind. When I play, I find that the assets look sometime odds. It's also very depended on where you are in the game. Some area inside with colored lighting are way more interesting. During the day, most area outside don't benefits much (i think better textures or material could make thing look better there).

Also at least for me, I get a lot of denoising artefact. Those are amplified by DLSS3 frame generation and the fact you have to also use a very aggressive DLSS2 settings (Performance for me at 4K with a 4080). those can be very distracting when you play.

I also saw under some condition some strange flickering where it's like every texture are resetting. Very strange. It just last few frames but it's annoying. i think i had only that in few place so it's not super common but still. Maybe it's the same issue as memory allocation but when i checked, it was at 13 GB allocated so there was still plenty of room.

I suspect it was a bug in DLSS when in some scenario, it would just lose the previous frame data and you see for few frame non-upscaled image.

to me it still a nice tech demo but don't rush buying a 40xx card for that. (unless you really want and need it). Just save that game on the side and play it in a GPU gen or two at native. At that resolution, the denoising artefact are way less problematic and the game look much better too. I find that those denoising artefact + DLSS is not an amazing combo. Unless they fix it, i think i will pass for now.

Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taichi
Cooling Scythe Kotetsu Mark II
Memory G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra (1980 MHz / 0.968 V)
Display(s) Dell P2715Q; BenQ EX3501R; Panasonic TC-P55S60
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD580; 64 Audio 1964-Q
Power Supply Seasonic SSR-650TR
Mouse Logitech G700s; Logitech G903
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire TK; Kinesis Advantage
VR HMD Quest 2

I think Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition is a great example of a game that benefits visually from ray tracing but still runs well. Give it a try.

System Name Personal Gaming Rig
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E Carbon
Cooling MO-RA 3 420
Memory 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 ICHILL FROSTBITE ULTRA
Storage 4x 2TB Nvme
Display(s) Samsung G8 OLED
Case Silverstone FT04
I think Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition is a great example of a game that benefits visually from ray tracing but still runs well. Give it a try.

Metro Exodus is another game which is "Ray tracing makes it realistic but not fun".
Speaking on personal experience,
I've played the original Metro Exodus on Raytracing then played the EE version.
Some of the scenes in the original version are very very very dark in nature.
Turing on Raytracing simply makes the game not fun when 90% of your screen is pure black most of the time.

Metro EE on the other hand, addressed this "problem" by adding artificial light sources back into those scenes.
Which is a really dumb solution.

And it just shows adding Raytracing to games isn't a simple "Visual enhancement" but instead,
Games don't really benefit from it if not designed around it from the very first place.

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
Just don't look at any chain link fences.

It honestly doesnt look as impressive as quake 2.

I think they need to hurry up and make the morrow wind path tracing version already... I would play that in a heartbeat.

System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 EX Gamer White OC
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) MSi MAG341CQ
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G110
visually looks nice

System Name Matar Extreme PC.
Processor Intel Core i9-10900KF @5.1GHZ All cores Ring@4.6GHZ @1.280v , 24/7
Motherboard Gigabyte Z590 UD , With PCIe X1 Card intel killer 1650x card
Cooling CoolerMaster ML240L V2 AIO with MX6
Memory 4x16 64GB DDR4 3600MHZ CL16-19-19-39 G.SKILL Trident Z NEO
Video Card(s) Nvidia ZOTAC RTX 3080 Ti Trinity + overclocked 100 core & 1000 mem
Storage WD black 512GB Nvme OS + 1TB 970 Nvme Samsung & 4TB WD Blk 256MB cache 7200RPM
Display(s) Lenovo 34" Ultra Wide 3440x1440 144hz 1ms G-Snyc
Case NZXT H510 Black with Cooler Master RGB Fans
Audio Device(s) Internal , EIFER speakers & EasySMX Wireless Gaming Headset
Power Supply Aurora R9 850Watts 80+ Gold, I Modded cables for it.
Mouse Onn RGB Gaming Mouse & Logitech G923 & shifter & E-Break Sim setup.
Keyboard GOFREETECH RGB Gaming Keyboard, & Xbox 1 X Controller
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Software Windows 10 Home 22H2
Benchmark Scores https://www.youtube.com/user/matttttar/videos
I am a big Nvidia fan BUT what bothers me is DLSS 3 NOT on 3000 Series i don't play cyberpunk tired it did not like it but to push us to buy 4000 GPUs for Dlss 3 is very bad GTX 1000 does not have RT cores and they added RTX support latter on but no dlss i understand no hardware to support it , but RTX 2000 and 3000 have the hardware to support it shame on you Nvidia you are a money grabber.

Remember when RTX 3090 was announced, and Jensen told the RTX 3080 is a true flagship for $699, and cards above that are a Titan class semi-proffesional accelerators?

And now there's tons of hyping you should buy RTX 4090, since it's the only Nvidia card in a lineup that makes sense and has less price increase than performance increase!

Software Windows 10 Pro
Ok as a tech demo it's very nice, but's ludicrous to think this will run at playable frames rates on 4090 even with fake frames except at low res. Maybe Blackwell 5090 could vaslty improve things, but that will be well over $2K mark my words. 3nm is 50% dearer than 4nm, so if you think Lovelace pricing sucks (and it does) this is the prep for Blackwell's sticker shock.
In my opinion, rasterization is at a point when it runs well on basically anything, so AMD and Nvidia should devote all extra die space for more/better RT hardware on future generations, and leave traditional raster cores alone, or just improve on their architecture. What I find strange is that Nvidia and fans have been chanting the mantra of "RT is the future" ever since Turing, yet the ratio of raster/RT hardware is exactly the same on Ampere and Ada. We're brute forcing our way into a bazillion FPS gaming with traditional rasterization on 300+ Watt cards, but we still have to rely on magic fake frames with RT, which sucks.

In my opinion, rasterization is at a point when it runs well on basically anything...

There's now couple of games that don't do well even with only rasterisation, without raytracing. You can call them bad unoptimized ports, but the fact is they are popular.

And what about VR? With high resolution nobody is even thinking about raytracing, there's not enough rasterisation performance for optimal experience even on top of the line cards!

System Name Mean machine
Processor 13900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Video Card(s) 4090 Gamerock oc
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Audio Device(s) Hifiman Arya / a30 - d30 pro stack
Power Supply Be quiet dark power pro 1200
Mouse Viper ultimate
Keyboard Blackwidow 65%
In my opinion, rasterization is at a point when it runs well on basically anything, so AMD and Nvidia should devote all extra die space for more/better RT hardware on future generations, and leave traditional raster cores alone, or just improve on their architecture. What I find strange is that Nvidia and fans have been chanting the mantra of "RT is the future" ever since Turing, yet the ratio of raster/RT hardware is exactly the same on Ampere and Ada. We're brute forcing our way into a bazillion FPS gaming with traditional rasterization on 300+ Watt cards, but we still have to rely on magic fake frames with RT, which sucks.
Ι totally agree that rasterization performance is already off the charts, but I completely disagree on the whole fake frames and dlss bad notion. It's just not true. They both work and look great.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Are you blaming nvidia because their new GPUs perform better than your 3 year old GPU?
In saying they gave shit support to the hyped tech they sold me yes, f#@# em...

It's in a laptop and at that time all GPU were too expensive hence I bought the laptop.

System Name Hulk
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming Wi-Fi
Cooling Custom water
Memory 32GB 3600 CL18
Video Card(s) 4090
Display(s) LG 42C2 + Gigabyte Aorus FI32U 32" 4k 120Hz IPS
Case Corsair 750D
Power Supply beQuiet Dark Power Pro 1200W
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 700
Keyboard Logitech G815 GL-Tactile
VR HMD Quest 2
I'm very interested to give this a try, but it does seem pretty academic atm if we're talking 22fps worth of latency, regardless of the visual smoothness of 100fps. Although presumably DLSS 2 must bring that up to close to 50fps before the DLSS 3 FG doubles it to get to the 100fps. Playable or not though, I just wanna see if this actually looks any better to see whether to be hyped about a fully path traced future or not.

System Name 3 desktop systems: Gaming / Internet / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5 5500 / Ryzen 5 4600G / FX 6300 (12 years latter got to see how bad Bulldozer is)
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (1) / MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (2) / Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Cooling Νoctua U12S / Segotep T4 / Snowman M-T6
Memory 16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS 3600 / 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3200 / 16GB Kingston 2400MHz (DDR3)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6600 + GT 710 (PhysX)/ Vega 7 integrated / Radeon RX 580
Storage NVMes, NVMes everywhere / NVMes, more NVMes / Various storage, SATA SSD mostly
Display(s) Philips 43PUS8857/12 UHD TV (120Hz, HDR, FreeSync Premium) ---- 19'' HP monitor + BlitzWolf BW-V5
Case Sharkoon Rebel 12 / Sharkoon Rebel 9 / Xigmatek Midguard
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Chieftec 850W / Silver Power 400W / Sharkoon 650W
Mouse CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Keyboard CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / Coolermaster Devastator / Logitech
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 / Windows 7
I see those numbers and just comes to my mind those ratings from TV makers. Like Samsung's PQI.
Going from 11 fps to 59 does makes everyone (I think) wonder about visual quality. I mean can we really consider those 59 fps as equal quality to those 11 fps? If not, then this isn't an apples to apples comparison.

System Name Mean machine
Processor 13900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Video Card(s) 4090 Gamerock oc
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Audio Device(s) Hifiman Arya / a30 - d30 pro stack
Power Supply Be quiet dark power pro 1200
Mouse Viper ultimate
Keyboard Blackwidow 65%
I see those numbers and just comes to my mind those ratings from TV makers. Like Samsung's PQI.
Going from 11 fps to 59 does makes everyone (I think) wonder about visual quality. I mean can we really consider those 59 fps as equal quality to those 11 fps? If not, then this isn't an apples to apples comparison.
Can you tell the difference between native and dlss q in a blind test? Say I post 5 pictures and you tell me which is which? Everybody I tried it with spectacularly failed, in which case, yeah, they are equal quality. In fact I'd say in some games dlss looks better than native, especially those problematic taa implementations (cod comes to mind)

Reactions: bug