• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Nvidia's future DlSS iterations might have ai textures / NPC add ons.

System Name Mean machine
Processor 12900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Video Card(s) 4090 Gamerock oc
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Audio Device(s) Hifiman Arya / a30 - d30 pro stack
Power Supply Be quiet dark power pro 1200
Mouse Viper ultimate
Keyboard Blackwidow 65%
Oh I know, I personally like DLAA 1440P UW over 4k Balanced but everyone's gotta make their own decisions.

Might be ok on a 32 inch 4k monitor though pixel density is probably high enough to hide the issues a bit better than a 48 inch one. I did play around with the 42 inch C3 for a while and it looked decently crisper than the 48 inch C1 I have still DLSS balanced was a bit too much on it.
I have a 42" c2 and dlss balanced still has flaws. It's just very soft and there is ghosting. I'm waiting for a 32" 4k oled and I'll test it on that one too but I don't think it will be any better.

Called it. DLSS 4 with new proprietary hardware requirements inc

Prepare to feel really shit about your Ada soon and then pride yourselves after purchase that you are once more chasing that 'cutting edge' in upscaling. It looks so much bettehhrrurur. Don't worry too much about necessity, Nvidia will find a way to make it so. And you will again believe it.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.
Oh no, Ada will stop working?

What would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad is that, even though nvidia locks down the features to newer models etc., for the vast majority of time there were more nvidia cards supporting FG than amd cards supporting FG. That's just insane...

System Name His & Hers
Processor R7 5800X/ R7 7950X3D Stock
Motherboard X670E Aorus Pro X/ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
Cooling Corsair h150 elite/ Corsair h115i Platinum
Memory Trident Z5 Neo 6000/ 32 GB 3200 CL14 @3800 CL16 Team T Force Nighthawk
Video Card(s) Evga FTW 3 Ultra 3080ti/ Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090
Storage lots of SSD.
Display(s) A whole bunch OLED, VA, IPS.....
Case 011 Dynamic XL/ Phanteks Evolv X
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro + gaming Dac/ Corsair sp 2500/ Logitech G560/Samsung Q990B
Power Supply Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 1000w/850w
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed/ Logitech G Pro Hero.
Keyboard Logitech - G915 LIGHTSPEED / Logitech G Pro
I have a 42" c2 and dlss balanced still has flaws. It's just very soft and there is ghosting. I'm waiting for a 32" 4k oled and I'll test it on that one too but I don't think it will be any better.

You're probably right. We will probably need 8k native displays and then balanced will be usable.... Only problem is the game will run at at either console like settings or 30fps or lower lol....

AMD might have a slightly similar answer:

That neural block compression seems more about reducing file sizes rather than anything to with polygon count from better use of polygon resources. Still that could change a lot being able to fit more storage into VRAM and decompress it on memory on demand. The implications are pretty great if it means a 4GB GPU will feel closer to say 6GB or 8GB GPU in practice with this compression without a heavily noticeable hit to IQ ideally. We'll have to see what IQ looks like with it and compression ratio savings and things, but it sounds like promising enough technology.

I was speaking more about polygon count and better use of polygons in general rather than overly high mesh poly count models with not a very dramatic uplift scaling that back and levering some of this AI technology to add more intricate 3D dimension to scenes seems like it would be better in many instances. You can still use bump map textures in addition to adding all this extra dimensional intricacy and character to parts of the scenes. Imagine something like a old quake or doom game with that type of dimension on the walls and/or ray tracing. That will look pretty solid. You can like double, triple, or quadruple polygon count and mesh won't necessarily look significantly higher quality and kind of a waste of a bunch of resources in relative terms is all I'm getting at. It isn't necessarily worth the additional overhead for the IQ uplift you're getting in turn for it, but as technology catches up it will age more gracefully if you want something closer to photo realism.