• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PNY GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Verto

dukki98

I'm removing the Recommended award for now and will explore options how to restructure our awards. Good night everyone
Did the memory overclock from 18 to 21.5Gbps, a +⅕ increase in bandwidth actually help in games @ 1440p? I believe that's the main thing holding it back from performing ~3070Ti, as it has the compute: 34/48SMs*2790/1920MHz = 103% of compute?

System Name Nebulon B
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-4800
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Huh? You cannot get a banana for $1, and the other bananas are indeed different, especially size, taste and freshness.
Even if different, you might as well start looking for other fruits for that much money. A million $ Ferrari is better than the average Joe's Ford Focus or VW Golf, but not so much better to make it worth recommending.

For me it mostly means "not the best award" (which is Editor'' Choice) and "better than no award". I have nothing else. With the 4060 Ti you do get better efficiency, power, heat, DLSS 3, which makes the card just as recommendable as the 3060 Ti, which is $320 now, but lacks those features, but comes at lower absolute price and higher perf/$

I'm realizing more and more that the way I think about these awards is different than what the users expect
I don't know about others, but to me "highly recommended" means it can wholeheartedly be recommended for anyone to buy because the combination of its features, performance and price makes it a compelling offer. It doesn't mean "second best" or "could be better" to me. Price is a huge factor in recommending something, as 99% of people work around a set budget. I hope this helps. :)