• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Re-installed W11, undervolting no longer works?

MogRules

Good afternoon all,

I have been scouring the net all afternoon and I can't see to figure this out. I have the 14900hx and up until a few days ago undervolting was working just fine. I have the Alienware M18R2, and I have the undervolt BIOS unlock done, have since I got it. Core isolation is off, all settings are off....

I did get it working by going into the BIOS and disabling Intel Virtualization, great! but my performance tanked.....like TimeSpy went from 21,500 down to 16,000.....not so great. Turning it back on seems to have put it back to normal. What I don't get is I have never had to turn this off before, so why was it working before?
1728681468915.png

1728681388637.png

Undervolt protection is off, as can be seen here....
1728681412683.png

1728681438050.png

I am at a complete loss here for what has magically changed and I am open to ideas / comments.

There was a BIOS update last week, which I have already rolled back thinking that maybe that changed something, but no dice. I even rechecked the BIOS to make sure that it didn't re-enable the lock, but it's off.

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
my performance tanked
Exit ThrottleStop, delete the ThrottleStop.INI configuration file and shut down your computer. Not just a restart. Power it off.

When virtualization was enabled, some bad settings got accidentally saved to the ThrottleStop.INI file. The super low IccMax value would likely be causing a lot of throttling which is the reason your benchmark scores have tanked.

After you start back up, post a new screenshot of the FIVR window. When ThrottleStop is working correctly, you will not be seeing a column of low ball voltage values in the FIVR monitoring table.

1728684855917.png

I am not sure why you need to disable virtualization in the BIOS now if you did not need to do that before. Windows Updates are always like a game of Russian roulette.