• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

segotep psu

System Name A bomb
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus
Cooling Corsair H115i PRO + 4x Noiseblocker eLoop push-pull
Memory 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600MHz 19CL @ 16-20-20-36
Video Card(s) MSI GTX1060 3GB Gaming X
Storage Intel 660p 1TB QLC NVMe SSD (yeah, it's really that slow) + Seagate Exos 10TB HDD
Display(s) AOC C24G1 24" FullHD 144Hz VA
Case Phanteks P400S + P400A mesh panel + 2x140mm & 1x120mm be quiet! Shadow Wings 3 + 1x120mm Noctua NF-F
Audio Device(s) Corsair HS50
Power Supply Corsair RMx v2 (2018) 750W
Mouse Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless in wired mode (wireless mode is bugged ...)
Keyboard A4Tech generic-ish membrane office keyboard (yikes)
Software Windows 10 x64 1909
Benchmark Scores OVER 9000
All I know is the more respectable products from China are surfacing daily.

Considering that all PSUs are made in China at least at some point that may be true, yes ...

And about this PSU in question, Enermax used this platform in Platimax D.F. lineup on sub 700W models.
I.e Segotep\Fortech was the OEM there.

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
All I know is the more respectable products from China are surfacing daily.
I don't feel that's the right way to say it. That is saying if you want to ensure you get a respectable product, you need to make sure it comes from China. That's just not true. There are many equally respectable products many in other countries all over the world. Whether the labor and manufacturing is done "in country" or "outsourced" to China, USA, Mexico, Taiwan, or Timbuktu is NOT an indication of quality. It is all about design and quality control and that is 100% on the company who's Logo is put on the case - regardless where that company is headquartered.

Processor i7-12700k@5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S w/NF-A14 PWM(x2), NF-A14 PWM x5 case fans
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600mhz CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB 970 EVO Plus, 1TB 970 EVO Plus, 256GB 970 EVO, 500GB Ironwolf SSD, 4 x16TB Seagate Ironwolf HD
Display(s) 3x LG 32GK650-F
Case Fractal Design Define S w/ TG side panel and full airflow modded front panel
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750w
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Software Windows 11
Yes, I know this is an old thread but it was brought to my attention because it gets referenced quite a bit especially from users who live in regions where Segotep is one of the more widely available brands.

So, like Juular stated, and was apparently ignored by somebody, all ATX power supplies, ALL, are manufactured in China. They are not manufactured in USA, Mexico, Taiwan OR Timuktu. China. Only. Period. Every single PSU OEM regardless of their country of origin has their manufacturing facilities in China. That is not even up for discussion.

And just wanted to mention as well because I saw it was inaccurately stated early in this thread that Segotep was a subsidiary of Circle, that they are not. They are a subsidiary of COLORFUL, which is known to be a HUGE player in the graphics card industry, just not so much in the US and other "western" countries. As far as Segotep "branded" power supplies are concerned (Not talking about custom platforms that other brands might contract with them, because there are likely a lot more of those that are at least halfway decent) there are very few of them that I'd trust to do much more than act as a doorstop (If that) and the ones that are can easily be found on the Cultists network tier list. I assure you, there are few of them and even those few are mostly just "halfway decent", with really none of them being "good" or "outstanding" examples.

And even in countries where Segotep is a bigger player and more readily available, I'd probably recommend avoiding them in most cases because generally there are STILL better options. But if you come across one and your options are VERY limited, then you can take a look at the Cultists list maintained by Juular and some others to see if it's one of the few models on their tier B list indicating that it probably can do the job fairly well and not be a liability.

Last edited:
Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
So, like Juular stated, and was apparently ignored by somebody, all power supplies, ALL, are manufactured in China.
:( It wasn't ignored. It was dismissed because it is not true. First, you made a blanket statement and like all blanket statements, there are always exceptions - and yes, even to that one.

You obviously never heard of Bear Power Supplies. Do they make ATX compliant computer power supplies? No. But you said "all" power supplies.

And note Taiwan is not part of China - at least not according to Taiwan.

That is not even up for discussion.
Correct. So please stop spreading nonsense and dredging up old threads just to spread nonsense and create click-bait.

And for the record (and also as noted previously) in no way does the original country of manufacturing suggest a product is inferior, or superior. What matters is design, quality of components used, and perhaps the most important, quality assurance.

China makes some of the highest quality products in the world. They also make some of poorest. "Glorious to doom" as aptly noted by @Vayra86. The difference for us consumers is what the the "brand" manufacturer calls for in their design specs, selection of components and how they ensure (through quality assurance inspections and manufacturing oversight) that level of quality is used during production and assembly.

As far as Segotep's parent company - you necro a nearly 4 year old thread for that? Seriously? Who cares? Does it matter? Nope! But for the record, their ownership was already challenged by me in post #7, and verified by others too.

I saw a great quote once. It went like this:
One of the hallmarks of the dangerously stupid is the consistent belief they've found great solutions that multitudes of experts have somehow missed.

Processor i7-12700k@5Ghz
Storage 500GB 970 EVO Plus, 1TB 970 EVO Plus, 256GB 970 EVO, 500GB Ironwolf SSD, 4 x16TB Seagate Ironwolf HD
Case Fractal Design Define S w/ TG side panel and full airflow modded front panel
Software Windows 11
See, now you're just being intentionally obtuse. Like you clearly were before in this thread. I merely tried to offer some additional information and clarity, and dispel a previously unexplained factoid, and you go with something not even relevant to the discussion simply because you are the type that has to leverage semantics regardless that it has no actual relevance to the discussion.

But then you have to go on to agree with me, despite not agreeing with me on the semantics, and then start insulting me in spite of the fact that I never offered any sort of personal attack against you, at all. It was mentioned before that all power supplies were made in China, and they didn't specify "ATX", and you didn't feel the need to be a jerk about it then even though you did ignore it and double down with the "US, Mexico, etc." statement, which was of course misleading as it makes a stated assumption that PC power supplies, which is what the discussion was about, not medical equipment power supplies like Bear makes, are manufactured in a variety of countries, which of course they are not.

So, you are right, and I corrected the semantics so your backside won't feel so chapped, but as far as your request that I stop spreading nonsense, which I did not do, or dredging up old threads and creating clickbait, let me just say that you don't have any right to try and control what gets said here especially if somebody is trying to offer clarification on a thread that DOES still see traffic or in the event that it applies, correct prior misinformation. There should never be a timetable on when the correction of misinformation or when offering additional clarity can occur. If the thread is still open and there is even a minutely legitimate reason for adding further insight, that should not be a problem and the only reason you feel like it is, is because you felt slighted. Well, I'm sorry you felt that way but I never attacked you, mentioned your name or attempted to refute anything you said, so.......just looks bad on your part.

By the way, I was a moderator on a tech site much larger than this one for over ten years, so I fully understand and appreciate the specifics of forum etiquette, and wouldn't have "dredged it up" if I hadn't felt that what I wanted to add offered some additional value to the discussion no matter how old it was. Good day to you sir.

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
See, now you're just being intentionally obtuse.
Ah. But necroing a nearly 4 year old thread did what? All you really clarified, without any corroborating evidence, BTW, is Segotep's parent company. Was that so important it required necroing a 4 year old thread?

What purpose, or "additional value", as you said was served to claim, after all this time, that power supplies are made in China? The fact is, it is pretty safe to say that just about every electronics device in the entire world is either made in China, or is assembled with many, if not most parts that were made in China. That again does not imply or suggest anything about its quality. What it implies is there is cheap labor in China.

I agree, I lashed out at you and I apologize for that.

And it is true, you did not accuse me by name personally. But you explicitly implied you were targeting me by saying "somebody ignored", then cited verbatim my words, "USA, Mexico, Taiwan, or Timbuktu". So please - don't go the "pity me" and "I'm innocent so why are you picking on me?" route when everyone can see who you were replying to. That doesn't look good on your part either.

Good day to you sir.
And to you.

Processor i7-12700k@5Ghz
Software Windows 11
If it was that obvious to everybody there wouldn't have been two pages of discussion about it, which was never actually validated in any meaningful way even by the last post, which was why I chimed in. Like I said, people were referencing this thread ELSEWHERE, which is how I found it in the first place, and was asked for clarification on the topic there so I figured I'd add what I told them there, here. Had no idea there were necro police that were chomping at the bit to be unleashed. Didn't seem like it really was a big deal to add that small clarification or confirmation, whatever you want to call it.