• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sennheiser Game One

Hey nice review! I also checked out your GSP 301 review which was great as well. I actually bought the GSP 350? I think that's what it's called. It's Red and Black and has USB and surround. Before that I was using my soundblaster tactic sigma headset which was likely over a decade old. The thought of getting a better headset just hadn't crossed my mind for w.e reason, even though I'd already upgraded every other aspect of my PC gaming setup (including table and chair lol.) Anyway, the soundblaster did it's job for a long time and I never had a better headset so it was quite a step up. The GSP is so comfortable. I literally game all day/night long with it on and it never bothers me at all. I totally forget that I'm even wearing a headset because it's so light and I don't feel any pressure on my head or ears from it. The fact that they managed to make it this light is pretty impressive considering the size of the headset. I do love the big dial on the right earcup too. The MIC seems pretty good to me. I don't stream Twitch or w.e but I do use Discord and some in game voice chat and I've had no complaints but I'm no expert. As for the sound quality, I think it sounds very clean. I'm no expert on this topic either and I know it may be considered a gimmick by some but they do have the surround sound and I feel it helps a lot in games like Overwatch. I can always tell where the footsteps are coming from. I listen to music on youtube and I like how it sounds a lot. I think it's a very clean sound and it isn't overdone in any aspect. But again, I have nothing else to compare it to and also my friend told me that listening to music on youtube doesn't do a good headset justice because of the low quality of the files. I do like a deep and powerful BASS a lot and while the BASS is definitely there on the GSP 350, it isn't over the top. My soundblaster headset had a more powerful bass but it didn't sound anywhere near as good as the GSP. Anyway, the reason I typed this up here and not under the GSP 301 review is because when I bought my GSP I was also considering getting the Game ONEs or GAME ZEROS. One of them was also a lot cheaper than the other, I think it was the GAME ONES? It was $179. I've also never tried an open back headset and I'd like to. I ended up going with the GSP 350 for a few reasons. I wanted a USB connection and the GSP 350 had that and I liked the big volume dial plus they were cheaper and had surround sound. Do you think I should try the GAME ZEROs? I'm also interested to see what they've done with the GSP 600 so can't wait your review on that one. Thanks!

Processor AMD Ryzen 1700X 8-Core 3.4Ghz
Motherboard ASRock X370 Taichi
Cooling Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT, 2x front Aerocool DS 140mm fans, 1x rear Aerocool DS 140mm fan
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Red Devil Vega 64
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB NVME SSD - Boot drive, Samsung 850 Evo 1TB SSD - Main storage
Display(s) Acer XG270HU Red 27" 1ms 144HZ WQHD 2K FreeSync Gaming Monitor
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB C-Type Blackout Edition (Non TG)
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GSP 301 Headset, Sennheiser Game Zero Special Edition Headset, Logitech Z623 System
Power Supply Seasonic AirTouch 850w 80 Plus Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Rival
Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
Software Windows 10 Professional 64bit
Can you please do a review of the Game Zero?

Thanks!

Cooling Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT, 2x front Aerocool DS 140mm fans, 1x rear Aerocool DS 140mm fan
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB NVME SSD - Boot drive, Samsung 850 Evo 1TB SSD - Main storage
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GSP 301 Headset, Sennheiser Game Zero Special Edition Headset, Logitech Z623 System
Mouse SteelSeries Rival
Curious, would you guys ever consider doing a review of the Game Zero? I know that there isn't a lot of difference between the Game Zero and the Game One (except for some possible noise levels and the ear cups), but they are definitely different enough to warrant their own review.

Inle

Staff member
System Name Efrafa
Processor Intel Core i7-5960X @ 4,3 GHz
Motherboard Asus X99 STRIX Gaming
Cooling NZXT Kraken X52
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32 GB
Video Card(s) Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 OC Edition
Storage ADATA SX8000 NVMe 512 GB + 5x Kingston HyperX Savage 512 GB
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU
Case Corsair Crystal 460X
Audio Device(s) Audiolab M-DAC
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0
Software Battlefield 1
Curious, would you guys ever consider doing a review of the Game Zero? I know that there isn't a lot of difference between the Game Zero and the Game One (except for some possible noise levels and the ear cups), but they are definitely different enough to warrant their own review.

Afraid not, as Sennheiser replaced the Game One/Game Zero with the GSP 600 (reviewed here) and GSP 500 (review coming soon). That's why obtaining a sample of the Game Zero from them isn't possible anymore.

System Name Brutus
Processor i5 4690k @4.7Ghz (Watercooled)
Motherboard z97 MSI Gaming 5
Cooling NZXT Kraken x61 AIO watercooler
Memory Gskill Ripjaws 8gb (2x4gb) 1600mhz 7-8-7-24
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming GTX 980ti x2 (sli)
Storage 1 SSD 64GB (OS) + 2x500GB WesternDigital RAID 0
Display(s) YAMAKASI Catleap q270 SE 27inch Glossy 2560x1440
Case NZXT Phantom
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar DX
Power Supply Antec TPQ 1200w
Software Windows 7 (64 bit)
What about the sennheiser pc360. How does the game one compare to it?

Mouse SteelSeries Rival
Afraid not, as Sennheiser replaced the Game One/Game Zero with the GSP 600 (reviewed here) and GSP 500 (review coming soon). That's why obtaining a sample of the Game Zero from them isn't possible anymore.

Hahaha I'd even be willing to supply my Game Zero to do a review hahaha!

Basically, it's the same as the Game One, except it is closed back so the sound stage isn't is wide. The ear cups are made up of a different material (sort of like a pleather material) and the headset can be folded up. It also comes with a carrying case where as the Game One doesn't. Having worn both of these headsets, I would have to say that the Game Zero is actually more comfortable.