• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sennheiser GSP 301

Inle

Staff member
System Name Efrafa
Processor Intel Core i7-5960X @ 4,3 GHz
Motherboard Asus X99 STRIX Gaming
Cooling NZXT Kraken X52
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32 GB
Video Card(s) Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 OC Edition
Storage ADATA SX8000 NVMe 512 GB + 5x Kingston HyperX Savage 512 GB
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU
Case Corsair Crystal 460X
Audio Device(s) Audiolab M-DAC
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0
Software Battlefield 1
@Inle
Got the GSP 303 yesterday ... and I already send them back :-(
They are too small for my head:
1) Head band barely fit. Had to set them to max size on both sides and it was tight. I ve helmet size 60 (germany) - sure that's on the bigger side of things, but not huge.
2) Ear cushions are "too tight". Sure they go over my ears and their is no noticable clamping force on my head. But the problem for me was, that the cushions were to narrow and applied light pressure on the edges of my ears - irritating as fuck.

My helmet size is 60 (EU), same as yours. However, it would appear that my ears are smaller than yours, as the ear cushions of the GSP 301 surrounded my ears completely. The overall comfort was fantastic for me, I had a couple of 5h+ gaming sessions (yeah, I know...) and never felt a slightest hint of discomfort. I'm sorry to hear that your experience wasn't nearly as good :(

I think you should go with a headset that has extremely spacious ear cushions. The Corsair Void Pro RGB USB comes to mind (my review).

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 1700X 8-Core 3.4Ghz
Motherboard ASRock X370 Taichi
Cooling Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT, 2x front Aerocool DS 140mm fans, 1x rear Aerocool DS 140mm fan
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Red Devil Vega 64
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB NVME SSD - Boot drive, Samsung 850 Evo 1TB SSD - Main storage
Display(s) Acer XG270HU Red 27" 1ms 144HZ WQHD 2K FreeSync Gaming Monitor
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB C-Type Blackout Edition (Non TG)
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GSP 301 Headset, Sennheiser Game Zero Special Edition Headset, Logitech Z623 System
Power Supply Seasonic AirTouch 850w 80 Plus Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Rival
Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
Software Windows 10 Professional 64bit
@Inle

Got the GSP 303 yesterday ... and I already send them back :-(

They are too small for my head:

1) Head band barely fit. Had to set them to max size on both sides and it was tight. I ve helmet size 60 (germany) - sure that's on the bigger side of things, but not huge.
2) Ear cushions are "too tight". Sure they go over my ears and their is no noticable clamping force on my head. But the problem for me was, that the cushions were to narrow and applied light pressure on the edges of my ears - irritating as fuck.

My old Corsair Vengeance 1500 which are starting to fail after ~4 years don't have these problems. The ear cups are bigger and while I have set the bands to max also, it's a comfortable fit not a tight one.

Would be interesting to know what your helmet size is ... .

That is very interesting because I have a giant head and my GSP 301 fits fine...

System Name Karl Arsch v. u. z. Abgewischt
Processor i5 3770K @5GHz delided
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Professional
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 240
Memory 4x 4GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Video Card(s) GTX 970
Storage Samsung 830 - 512GB; 2x 2TB WD Blue
Display(s) Samsung T240 1920x1200
Case Bitfenix Shinobie XL
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Cougar G600
Mouse Logitech G500
Keyboard CMStorm Ultimate QuickFire (CherryMX Brown)
Software Win7 Pro 64bit
That is very interesting because I have a giant head and my GSP 301 fits fine...

^
That 's the problem here I think - it's not only the size but also the form that matters here. And it's even more of an issue with ears.