• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SteelSeries Xai Laser Gaming Mouse

grosbedo

Ok, thank you for your feedbacks guys, interesting infos :)

Frederik, ok, I understand better your arguments. The other comments added enough infos so no more questions left for me.

Have a nice day.

shaLL

User review!

I have this mouse and after using it for a while this is what I think:

-Braided cables: They are aesthetically pleasing but most importantly, it feels light when there is slack hanging; you don't get that pull feel. However, unless I find some plastic for it to slide upon, it's going to be torn apart real soon in that area where it rubs against (just at the end of my mouse pad, where wood meets the braid).

-Sensitivity: It took about an hour of going into a game, going back and forth between the Xai application to get the right feel. Not to mention that I was so used to my previous mouse it would of course take time getting used to this mouse. Very happy with the available options. Tip: Read the tips in the application (it will save you a lot of guessing).

-Physical: After throughly using the mouse, I have this to say: I hate the side buttons!
I'm right handed. At first I didn't notice this playing some games, but then when I need complete control and a solid foundation for extremely precise movements, it fails because of the side buttons for the left hander. The left handed side buttons go exactly where your ring finger is placed, so when you go to squeeze the mouse with your ring finger, it >_< you up! It plays a psychological sound click in your mind too, because if you're used to hearing your mouse clicking and an action happening, it will definitely >_< you up.
It very well to note though, this only happens when you need very precise movements and are firmly gripping the mouse or doing sudden movements. You will not notice this if your hand is relaxed!