• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

It's normal. mine have two too. Actually when look in the services tab it's only one.
For the DTS, i've uninstalled it cause the updated driver doesn't work with DTS.
All others effects are fine on me. Try uninstall and clean (delete C:\Program Files\Realtek foler and C:\Windows\System32\dolbyaposvc folder) run RemoveDolbyUAPAPIServices.cmd as administrator,
then reinstall again with updated inf file.

Interesting........:kookoo:o_O:kookoo:
Try checking ur input cables for defects or are they loose....etc, i've no idea left. :kookoo:

When soundblaster is at cinema profile, its loud but if i put at netural profile and try to get dolby to make a effect it isn't loud.

System Name Custom Build
Processor Intel core i3 6100 at 3.7 GHZ
Motherboard Asus H110M-E
Cooling Intel Stock Cooler
Memory 8 GB Kingston DDR4 2133Mhz
Video Card(s) Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050
Storage 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm
Display(s) Acer S220 HQL 21.5”
Case Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 3.1
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC 887
Power Supply Thermaltake Lite Power 500W
Mouse Cooler Master Devastator II Mouse
Keyboard Cooler Master Devastator II Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores NA
When soundblaster is at cinema profile, its loud but if i put at netural profile and try to get dolby to make a effect it isn't loud.
So it seems ur Dolby app didn't work at all (or does it work?) i mean can u hear difference when changing profiles..etc, if it works, try adjust equalizer in Personalize profile of Dolby app, turning all mids to high.
Another solution to try is, use Desktop Dolby apps. Even this driver is meant for Dolby UWP apps, desktop apps also work. i've tested Dolby Atmos Sound System and Dolby Audio desktop apps.

So it seems ur Dolby app didn't work at all (or does it work?) i mean can u hear difference when changing profiles..etc, if it works, try adjust equalizer in Personalize profile of Dolby app, turning all mids to high.
Another solution to try is, use Desktop Dolby apps. Even this driver is meant for Dolby UWP apps, desktop apps also work. i've tested Dolby Atmos Sound System and Dolby Audio desktop apps.
Dolby app doesn't work when I change personalize settings in the app.

System Name Custom Build
Motherboard Asus H110M-E
Benchmark Scores NA
Dolby app doesn't work when I change personalize settings in the app.
So it is. Which Dolby UWP app u use? Dolby Atmos, Dolby Audio or Dolby Atmos Audio Sound System?
i've to try it myself.

So it is. Which Dolby UWP app u use? Dolby Atmos, Dolby Audio or Dolby Atmos Audio Sound System?
i've to try it myself.
i have been trying to use dolby atmos sound system and it isn't working for me, even if i change stereo or 5.1.

System Name Custom Build
Motherboard Asus H110M-E
Benchmark Scores NA
i have been trying to use dolby atmos sound system and it isn't working for me, even if i change stereo or 5.1.
It works fine on me, also Dolby Atmos and Dolby Audio works on me.
U should try the desktop one from the link above. Even if it doesn't work for u, u should try clean reinstall of driver again.

It works fine on me, also Dolby Atmos and Dolby Audio works on me.
U should try the desktop one from the link above. Even if it doesn't work for u, u should try clean reinstall of driver again.
I have been installing it from device manager. also have been installing the softwares after the driver is installed.

System Name Custom Build
Motherboard Asus H110M-E
Benchmark Scores NA
I have been installing it from device manager. also have been installing the softwares after the driver is installed.
Did u uninstalled the old ones or instead u just hit update?

Did u uninstalled the old ones or instead u just hit update?
i hit uninstall and it then proceeds to install realtek high def audio driver and then i hit update to install it. I have driver enforcement on and test mode on

System Name Custom Build
Motherboard Asus H110M-E
Benchmark Scores NA
i hit uninstall and it then proceeds to install realtek high def audio driver and then i hit update to install it. I have driver enforcement on and test mode on
The complete procedure should be like this
uninstall old driver (with delete driver software checked) > run RemoveDolbyUAPAPIServices.cmd as administrator > delete the folder "dolbyaposvc" (C:\Windows\System32\dolbyaposvc) > looks for any other leftovers in C:\Program Files\Realtek and C:\Program Files (x86)\Realtek > restart the computer................>>>>
> install the driver through device manager with updated inf file > disable antivirus > install SBX720 software > install any one of Dolby UWP app > change default Dolby profiles if u like to > then finally restart the computer again to make sure everything all right....

The last step is check ur windows main volume is not set too low.....Good Luck! :)
Capture 1.jpg

The complete procedure should be like this
uninstall old driver (with delete driver software checked) > run RemoveDolbyUAPAPIServices.cmd as administrator > delete the folder "dolbyaposvc" (C:\Windows\System32\dolbyaposvc) > looks for any other leftovers in C:\Program Files\Realtek and C:\Program Files (x86)\Realtek > restart the computer................>>>>
> install the driver through device manager with updated inf file > disable antivirus > install SBX720 software > install any one of Dolby UWP app > change default Dolby profiles if u like to > then finally restart the computer again to make sure everything all right....

i followed your instructions as written. i'm not sure if its working or not. my volume is up on my pc and i turned up the volume some more on the speakers it self.
1522528604268.png

Use Dolby Atmos Sound System App and make sure Dolby DAX API Serivces is running
View attachment 99064

===========================================================================================

Modded Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Win10 x64 6.0.1.8403
31/3/2018 HDXMB3H.inf [Dolby UWP App + SBX 720 + DTS Audio] updated & 20180328_realtek_hda_8403_WIN10_64.exe file has been updated.
HDXMB3H.inf for who downloaded before 31/3/2018
Copy HDXMB3H.inf & Replace the original file on "Realtek Mod Driver\WIN64" Folder

where is [Dolby UWP App + SBX 720 + DTS Audio] updated & 20180328_realtek_hda_8403_WIN10_64.exe. ??

where is the file?

System Name Custom Build
Motherboard Asus H110M-E
Benchmark Scores NA
i followed your instructions as written. i'm not sure if its working or not. my volume is up on my pc and i turned up the volume some more on the speakers it self.
View attachment 99098
Up! (Y)

where is [Dolby UWP App + SBX 720 + DTS Audio] updated & 20180328_realtek_hda_8403_WIN10_64.exe. ??

where is the file?
Lol :laugh: it's already u downloaded. just replace the inf

System Name Custom Build
Motherboard Asus H110M-E
Benchmark Scores NA
Last edited:
Last edited:
System Name Custom Build
Motherboard Asus H110M-E
Benchmark Scores NA
wow that sounds loud and good!!. i don't if its because my pc is old. i have a dell inspiron 3847. When install it, i click install anyways when that prompt comes up, i even have two of the dax api in the processes
Lol :laugh: My Pc too is a budget build only with alc 887 codec.
We've to conclude that May be ur sound chip isn't compitable with this driver.
If u r unsatisfy with ur sound, i suggest u buy and install a new soundcard or buy a usb DAC.
this one cheap and great for ur speaker system i think, also comes with audigy fx enhancer (no need to install modded driver to add fx effects)
https://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-audigy-fx
u can also find for xonar cards too
Have a good day!:)

Lol :laugh: My Pc too is a budget build only with alc 887 codec.
We've to conclude that May be ur sound chip isn't compitable with this driver.
If u r unsatisfy with ur sound, i suggest u buy and install a new soundcard or buy a usb DAC.
this one cheap and great for ur speaker system i think, also comes with audigy fx enhancer (no need to install modded driver to add fx effects)
https://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-audigy-fx
u can also find for xonar cards too
Have a good day!:)

i have alc662 codec. soundblaster program effect works, but dolby atmos doesn't work.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Good work with the codecs.

Do you know what do I need to install and how in order to use Dolby atmos for headphones?

My Realtek card is an ALC889A. Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0885&SUBSYS_1458A002&REV_1001

Thanks in advance!

how to install desktop dolby atmos? Dolby Atmos (DAX3). api and app both say dolby atmos driver not installed.

Hi guys,

Good work with the codecs.

Do you know what do I need to install and how in order to use Dolby atmos for headphones?

My Realtek card is an ALC889A. Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0885&SUBSYS_1458A002&REV_1001

Thanks in advance!

Install my 6.0.1.8403 Win10x64 mod driver and use Dolby Atmos Sound System UWP App.If you plug in headphone, the UWP App will auto use headphone preset.

how to install desktop dolby atmos? Dolby Atmos (DAX3). api and app both say dolby atmos driver not installed.

The driver (dll) for Dolby Atmos Desktop App is correct, it should not have "dolby atmos driver not installed".
But if you using Dolby Atmos Sound System Desktop App, it show "dolby atmos driver not installed" is normal. Becuase it may caused by dolby newest dll on my modded driver. Even you find the correct dll for Dolby Atmos Sound System Desktop App, both Atmos Desktop App still appear error "tuning data is missing".

So use the UWP App instead.

For "tuning data is missing" problem, blaqsky may help. By compare the different between desktop xml and the uwp xml, adding the missing string on the uwp xml. I got .NET ERROR when run Dolby Atmos Desktop App so I cannot test the desktop app.

Last edited:
I was going try to install Dolby Atmos sound system desktop app. But it said a error message that Dolby Atmos has to be installed with mod when I click to install Dolby Atmos API.msi

Last edited:
It's normal. mine have two too. Actually when look in the services tab it's only one.
For the DTS, i've uninstalled it cause the updated driver doesn't work with DTS.
All others effects are fine on me. Try uninstall and clean (delete C:\Program Files\Realtek foler and C:\Windows\System32\dolbyaposvc folder) run RemoveDolbyUAPAPIServices.cmd as administrator,

Try checking ur input cables for defects or are they loose....etc, i've no idea left. :kookoo:

It's still not working. Ahh, i give up. I'm going back to Realtek HDA 8363 MOD with Creative X720 that Hihawk send before, that is the one that working for me. Thanks for your help friend. For Alan2000 if you have time maybe you can check why the one from Hihawk is working on realtek ALC269 and yours not. Have a good weekend guys!!

Install my 6.0.1.8403 Win10x64 mod driver and use Dolby Atmos Sound System UWP App.If you plug in headphone, the UWP App will auto use headphone preset.

Thanks mate,

So I downloaded this rar "Dolby UWP APP" which contains:
  • DAXUIDolbyAudio = Dolby Audio App
  • DAXUIMainstream = Dolby Atmos App
  • DAXUISnG = Dolby Atmos Sound System App
Am I supposed to install only "DAXUISnG "?

About the Realtek mod driver, could you please share a link? I can't find the last one

Thanks in advance ^_^

System Name Custom Build
Motherboard Asus H110M-E
Benchmark Scores NA
Ok! Here agian. This is for Netural Headphones profiles. (No oem pre-tuned profiles)
I think this should works with most headphones including small ones to big ones (in-ear to over-ear)
Just copy n replace the xml files in C:\Windows\System32\dolbyaposvc folder
After that, as usual,:) stop DolbyDAXAPI service n start again. :)

For "tuning data is missing" problem, blaqsky may help. By compare the different between desktop xml and the uwp xml, adding the missing string on the uwp xml. I got .NET ERROR when run Dolby Atmos Desktop App so I cannot test the desktop app.
As for the desktop Atmos Sound System app, the "tuning data is missing" will still appear. In my experience, the desktop app load profiles data from DAX3.sdf database file. (which is encrypted, password protected n so i can't edit it) unlike the UWP app, which load profiles data directly from xml files. Sorry @alanfox2000 :(

Thanks mate,

So I downloaded this rar "Dolby UWP APP" which contains:
  • DAXUIDolbyAudio = Dolby Audio App
  • DAXUIMainstream = Dolby Atmos App
  • DAXUISnG = Dolby Atmos Sound System App
Am I supposed to install only "DAXUISnG "?

About the Realtek mod driver, could you please share a link? I can't find the last one

Thanks in advance ^_^
http://www.mediafire.com/file/u4dx5cfh1dmaich/20180328_realtek_hda_8403_WIN10_64.exe

install whatever u like to use, just replace proflies for appropriate app.

Attachments

• Headphones Netural Profiles.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 339