• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

System Name Pops pc
Processor Amd Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black, Premium Dual-Tower
Memory G.SKILL FlareX 32gb 3200
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE AORUS Radeon RX 6600 8GB
Storage SAMSUNG 980 Pro M.2 1TB NVMe, Black 2TB, WD Red 6TB, WD Gold 10 TB, 2x Seagate 2TB, Seagate 4TBext
Display(s) ASUS 31.5" Full HD (1920x1080) Led-Lit Monitor (VA VA325H)
Case Thermaltake Suppressor F-51 Window
Audio Device(s) Xfi Titanium pushing Logitech Z-906's's
Power Supply EVGA 650 GQ, 80+ GOLD 650W
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Azio Large Print Backlit
Software Win 10 64
Hi guys. Just wondering is such a thing like this would be worth it on my system...

I'm using the built in audio provided on my x470 Aorus board, the
  • ALC1220-VB Enhance
Any thoughts...???

Thanks.

SOUND BLASTER CINEMA 5 (Updated)
==========================
Drivers file Link Updated

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tbxdqlofgv7humn/Sound_Blaster_Cinema_5_%28Updated%29.zip/file
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sound Blaster Cinema 5 - Temporary tips of reduce high cpu usage by SBC5
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Temporary hack to minimize high CPU utilization by '
Creative.UWPRPCService.exe'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think reason behind 'UWPRPCService ' high usage of CPU is because of it's high quality audio output with amazing crystal clear surrounding sound

Don't need to abandon SBC5, neither u need to use additional audio enhancer on top it, SBC5 is more than enough

No need to worry about this issue, just follow this simple steps, & enjoy using SBC5

UWP Service utilizes 25% of CPU, use sbc5 when required, see instructions below

Search for 'Services' from search box on Desktop, Open services, Right click on 'UWP RPC Service'

Select 'Properties', set Startup type to - Manual, apply & ok

When you want to use SBC5, Open Task Manager, go to services, right click on 'UWPService', click on 'Start'

To stop, right click on UWPService, click on 'Stop'

BoZz802

Solution for high CPU usage on SBC5:

1.Download the realtek UAD driver with creative : https://github.com/CHEF-KOCH/Gaming.../8470_UAD_Creative_20019_2018_0619_210350.zip
2. Extract and go 8470_UAD_Creative_20019_2018_0619_210350\Win64\ThirdParty\Creative\x86
3. Copy "Creative.UWPRPCService.exe"
4.Open Task Manager rigth click on Creative.UWPRPCService and open file path
5.then again rigth click and stop task Creative.UWPRPCService before replaced the file
6.Open the windows services console and scrol down to UWP RPC Service ritgh click and start. or rebot computer!
7.have fun !

I hope I could help and sry for my english

Solution for high CPU usage on SBC5:

1.Download the realtek UAD driver with creative : https://github.com/CHEF-KOCH/Gaming.../8470_UAD_Creative_20019_2018_0619_210350.zip
2. Extract and go 8470_UAD_Creative_20019_2018_0619_210350\Win64\ThirdParty\Creative\x86
3. Copy "Creative.UWPRPCService.exe"
4.Open Task Manager rigth click on Creative.UWPRPCService and open file path
5.then again rigth click and stop task Creative.UWPRPCService before replaced the file
6.Open the windows services console and scrol down to UWP RPC Service ritgh click and start. or rebot computer!
7.have fun !

I hope I could help and sry for my english

I tried your method

It really worked like a magic

I will share it with everyone

Thank you

Skonvolt

Hello everyone, I'm new and by chance I found this discussion, first I apologize for my bad English.
I have a sounblaster zx card, in spdif-out I have 2.1 speakers, in the realtek sound card (ROG STRIX X99 GAMING motherboard) spdif-out I connected onkyo tx-sr608 http://www.eu.onkyo.com/en/products/tx-sr608-35325.html
Do I have any chance of using these software in my configuration? and how?

audio.jpg

Hello everyone, I'm new and by chance I found this discussion, first I apologize for my bad English.
I have a sounblaster zx card, in spdif-out I have 2.1 speakers, in the realtek sound card (ROG STRIX X99 GAMING motherboard) spdif-out I connected onkyo tx-sr608 http://www.eu.onkyo.com/en/products/tx-sr608-35325.html
Do I have any chance of using these software in my configuration? and how?

View attachment 103436

http://puresoftapps.blogspot.com/2018/03/virtual-audio-cable-apo-user-guide.html

Same as Virtual Audio Cable, but you don't need to do the turotial step 4.
Step 4 for voicemeeter is set the audio output device on voicemeeter app.

Skonvolt

thanks all done without problems, with FXConfigurator64 I put Dolby digital plus, then I tried to put dts audio but it did not work and no longer went ddplus, it is not clear how it works Customize multiple audio effects with FX Configurator, in case I can put ddplus dts audio and dolby atmos?

abi_ug

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sound Blaster Cinema 5 - Temporary tips of reduce high cpu usage by SBC5
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Temporary hack to minimize high CPU utilization by '
Creative.UWPRPCService.exe'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think reason behind 'UWPRPCService ' high usage of CPU is because of it's high quality audio output with amazing crystal clear surrounding sound

Don't need to abandon SBC5, neither u need to use additional audio enhancer on top it, SBC5 is more than enough

No need to worry about this issue, just follow this simple steps, & enjoy using SBC5

UWP Service utilizes 25% of CPU, use sbc5 when required, see instructions below

Search for 'Services' from search box on Desktop, Open services, Right click on 'UWP RPC Service'

Select 'Properties', set Startup type to - Manual, apply & ok

When you want to use SBC5, Open Task Manager, go to services, right click on 'UWPService', click on 'Start'

To stop, right click on UWPService, click on 'Stop'
Is this driver can be used for realtek soundcard?

zHollmann

Hey Im new to this but i followed all the steps n stuff but im having problems with sound blaster connect. It says my audio device could not be detected and to check the connection. I tried putting that software lock folder in program data / creative and it didnt help. no problems with dts or dolby audio

System Name Diogo Silva
Processor Intel Core i5 9º Gen 9600KF Processor
Motherboard Asus TUF B360-Pro Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX3i
Memory 2x8 Kingston HyperX KHX2400C12D4
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX2060 Gaming 6G
Storage WD WDS500G2B0B Blue 3D SATA M.2 500GB + Toshiba HDD 2Tb
Display(s) Samsung Curved Monitor 27 Pol.
Case Cooler Master N300
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC887 with Sound BlasterX 720 to Yamaha RV-X 361 Amplifier
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W 80PLUS Gold
Mouse Asus ROG Pugio II Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
Software Windows 10 Home Single Language (PT-PT) x64
Hey Im new to this but i followed all the steps n stuff but im having problems with sound blaster connect. It says my audio device could not be detected and to check the connection. I tried putting that software lock folder in program data / creative and it didnt help. no problems with dts or dolby audio
The Modded Driver of Realtek MUST BE COMPATIBLE with Sound Blaster Programs. You can install the APO Driver, open FX Configurator add Sound Blaster .reg file or unnistall this Driver and Install other Driver compatible with Sound Blaster.
If you want know if the driver is compatible with Sound Blaster Programs, open Win64 folder and you must find two files with name MBAPO232.DLL, MBAPO264.dll, mbfilt64.sys and more other files.
Sem Título.png

System Name Diogo Silva
Case Cooler Master N300
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC887 with Sound BlasterX 720 to Yamaha RV-X 361 Amplifier
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
THE ULTIMATE LIST OF KGA FILES FOR CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER PROGRAMS
(Not Tested all, yet)

• THX TruStudio Pro --> CTLT99HB0X.kga
  • Sound Blaster Connect 2 (Desktop App):
Sound BlasterX 360° --> CTD1JXF23A.kga/CTLLAS4HX2.kga​
Sound BlasterX 720° --> CTD1JXF23A.kga/CTLNBK2HX2.kga​
  • Sound Blaster Connect UWP App:
Sound BlasterX 360° --> CTD1JXF23A.kga/CTLLAS4HX2.kga​
Sound BlasterX 720° --> CTD1JXF23A.kga/CTLNBK2HX2.kga​
  • Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2:
THX TruStudio Pro --> CTLT99HB0X.kga​
Sound Blaster Panel --> CTD1JXF23A.kga​
  • Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 --> CTL02H0X2.kga

• Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 --> CTLX2Q3X2.kga

• Sound Blaster Cinema 3 --> CTLMN34X2.kga

• Sound Blaster Cinema 2 --> CTLT9SJDX2.kga

• Sound Blaster Cinema --> CTLT47H9X2.kga
Download all KGA
Put the KGA in C:\ProgramData\Creative\SoftwareLock

zHollmann

The Modded Driver of Realtek MUST BE COMPATIBLE with Sound Blaster Programs. You can install the APO Driver, open FX Configurator add Sound Blaster .reg file or unnistall this Driver and Install other Driver compatible with Sound Blaster.
If you want know if the driver is compatible with Sound Blaster Programs, open Win64 folder and you must find two files with name MBAPO232.DLL, MBAPO264.dll, mbfilt64.sys and more other files.
View attachment 103545
Are these the right ones?

Attachments

• Sound Blaster.PNG
    Sound Blaster.PNG
    180.4 KB · Views: 852
System Name Diogo Silva
Case Cooler Master N300
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
Are these the right ones?
Yes, this driver is compatible with Sound Blaster.
This driver has a little pitfall :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:, because you must choose the compatible programs.

MAKE A COPY OF FULL DRIVER, Like that:
Sem Título.png

Now, open the folder SELECT DRIVER and inside the folder of selected driver there is a file named "HDXRT.inf". Copy this and paste in Win64 folder, paste and replace.
After that, reboot your PC to Disabling Driver Signature, in same form how was it you install the Realtek Driver. For you don't unistall and install the driver.
Go to Device Manager (Right Mouse Button in Start Menu (Logo Windows))
Sem Título2.png

Now, go to Sound, Video and Game Controllers, select the Realtek Hardware and Right Mouse Button again and click Update Controller. Then, select this options:
Sem Título3.pngSem Título4.pngSem Título5.png

Now, locates your HDXRT.inf, you replaced and update the driver.
After complete successfully, change your Creative Program. Open the ZIP file in folder: SELECT DRIVER\Change CREATIVE\X720 DLL.zip
Extract to Desktop, you have stop the services with name Audio of Windows (Audiosrv) and Audio Position Service (Creative.AudPosService)

Sem Título6.png

Finally, cut the files extrated from Desktop to C:\Windows\System32, again, paste and replace.
After that, run again the both services and check if all works.
IF DON'T WORK, YOU HAVE UNISTALL AND INSTALL AGAIN THE SAME OR OTHER.
Thanks.

Last edited:
System Name Diogo Silva
Case Cooler Master N300
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
Yes, this driver is compatible with Sound Blaster.
This driver has a little pitfall :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:, because you must choose the compatible programs.

MAKE A COPY OF FULL DRIVER, Like that:View attachment 103559

Now, open the folder SELECT DRIVER and inside the folder of selected driver there is a file named "HDXRT.inf". Copy this and paste in Win64 folder, paste and replace.
After that, reboot your PC to Disabling Driver Signature, in same form how was it you install the Realtek Driver. For you don't unistall and install the driver.
Go to Device Manager (Right Mouse Button in Start Menu (Logo Windows))
View attachment 103560

Now, go to Sound, Video and Game Controllers, select the Realtek Hardware and Right Mouse Button again and click Update Controller. Then, select this options:
View attachment 103561View attachment 103562View attachment 103563

Now, locates your HDXRT.inf, you replaced and update the driver.
After complete successfully, change your Creative Program. Open the ZIP file in folder: SELECT DRIVER\Change CREATIVE\X720 DLL.zip
Extract to Desktop, you have stop the services with name Audio of Windows (Audiosrv) and Audio Position Service (Creative.AudPosService)

View attachment 103566

Finally, cut the files extrated from Desktop to C:\Windows\System32, again, paste and replace.
After that, run again the both services and check if all works.
IF DON'T WORK, YOU HAVE UNISTALL AND INSTALL AGAIN THE SAME OR OTHER.
Thanks.

This instructions above it is to install the Driver below:
Windows 7
Windows 10

Last edited:

HoangPham

Hi guys, can anyone tell me what is the .inf file name for sound blaster connect 2 please?

System Name Diogo Silva
Case Cooler Master N300
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
Hi guys, can anyone tell me what is the .inf file name for sound blaster connect 2 please?
What driver you try install? The Above?
If you download other driver, you must use .inf of this driver.

if it's the top, the file HDXRT.inf is it. Copy and paste the folder of driver\Win64. Paste and replace.

Attachments

• HDXRT.rar
    29.7 KB · Views: 462

theone123

Guys i have no experience in this can you please post a walk through or explain to me the entire process. I have no idea how to do it. Thank you in advance. Also where do i download it from, on the first page it talks about folders which are no longer in the download and the link takes me to a one drive page. Please help! I'm trying to install the original DJURKO mod

Last edited:
FXSOUND ( AKA DFX ).
In order to get to it (and any other virtual APO ) to work, user need to follow THIS GUIDE HERE.
Problem is that FXSOUND config file for 'FX CONFIGURATOR' is not part of the APO driver's config files - there's only one for 'viper4win' - and its config is of course different then FXSOUND.

I tried to look in registry ( after installing FXSOUND ) for its values ( MFX is guess ) under "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio" but there are many values for FXSOUND ( capture/renderer - many values under each one ).
also, FXSOUND/DFX does not appears under "Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AudioEngine\AudioProcessingObjects\" - like any other APO ( and viper4win apparently ) - so its more confusing.

I hope someone can make a config file of FXSOUND for FX-CONFIGURATOR to be apply onto the virtual-cable.

Thanks.

FXSOUND ( AKA DFX ).
In order to get to it (and any other virtual APO ) to work, user need to follow THIS GUIDE HERE.
Problem is that FXSOUND config file for 'FX CONFIGURATOR' is not part of the APO driver's config files - there's only one for 'viper4win' - and its config is of course different then FXSOUND.

I tried to look in registry ( after installing FXSOUND ) for its values ( MFX is guess ) under "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio" but there are many values for FXSOUND ( capture/renderer - many values under each one ).
also, FXSOUND/DFX does not appears under "Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AudioEngine\AudioProcessingObjects\" - like any other APO ( and viper4win apparently ) - so its more confusing.

I hope someone can make a config file of FXSOUND for FX-CONFIGURATOR to be apply onto the virtual-cable.

Thanks.
fxsound enhancer is not APO, it is a virtual audio driver
Set fxsound enhancer as default playback devices on sound properties and fxsound enhancer set output to realtek

fxsound enhancer is not APO, it is a virtual audio driver
Set fxsound enhancer as default playback devices on sound properties and fxsound enhancer set output to realtek
I think I forgot to mention that my realtek output device is DIGITAL.
out-of-the-box FXSOUND don't support digital devices ( like you wrote ) - that's why I want to try the virtual cable solution.

if viper4audio/win is virtual audio driver and it have config file for FX_Configurator - how come FXSound don't have one ?

I think I forgot to mention that my realtek output device is DIGITAL.
out-of-the-box FXSOUND don't support digital devices ( like you wrote ) - that's why I want to try the virtual cable solution.

if viper4audio/win is virtual audio driver and it have config file for FX_Configurator - how come FXSound don't have one ?

viper4windows is APO

Set fx sound enhancer output to virtual audio cable

viper4windows is APO

Set fx sound enhancer output to virtual audio cable
on DFX site they write:
"
Is the DFX USB Adapter compatible with digital or USB speakers?
No. The DFX USB Adapter is only compatible with analog speakers.
"

on DFX site they write:
"
Is the DFX USB Adapter compatible with digital or USB speakers?
No. The DFX USB Adapter is only compatible with analog speakers.
"
Believe me - I already tried what you offered me to do - million time.