• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Three monitors enter, one monitor leaves

Which monitor would you pick and why?

• Total voters
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard MSI MPG X570S Carbon Max Wifi
Cooling CPU: bequiet! Dark Rock 4. Case fans: 2x bequiet Silent Wings 3 140s, 2x Silent Wings 3 120s
Memory 2 x 8 GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-4400 C19
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Storage 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E M.2, 1 TB SK Hynix P31 M.2, 1 TB Inland Professional, 500 GB Samsung 860 Evo
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG271CQR 1440p 144Hz, MSI Optix MAG241C 1080p 144Hz
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP9500, V-Moda BoomPro, Sybasonic Better Connectivity USB DAC/Amp
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 80+ Gold 750W
Mouse Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Custom Qwertykeys Navy QK80: Sarokeys Strawberry Wine switches, GMK CYL DMG3 keycaps
I wouldn't recommend Gigabyte M27Q and/or G27Q. While Gigabyte has a good track record for calibrating their monitors, iirc for some reason both of those budget monitors use BGR pixel layout according to people at r/monitors. While standard Windows applications use RGB pixel layout. My understanding is that this is not ideal situation.
Apparently it only would potentially affect text clarity in some applications. ClearType could help alleviate any jaggedness you'd experience. In the one thread on r/monitors I found, the OP is ranting and raving about it like it's the end of the world. I understand them bringing it up, and it's important to note for people to take that into consideration when making their purchasing decisions, but if it's anything like the first image posted in this thread about the BGR Asus PG43UQ, I don't see what the big deal is - that text looks fine to me.

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
Update:
LG 27GL83A-B arrived on Saturday. The monitor is extremely easy to set up (no tools required). Panel looks very good but not necessarily better than the Dell 27" which I purchased several years back as it was among the best looking 1080p IPS panels. Played WoW over two secession with FPS jumping anywhere from 35FPS to 125FPS but I never felt as if any of the images stuttered with G-SYNC on, everything felt smooth. It's a better monitor than the Dell but I don't know if it's a 2x the price better monitor. Regardless I think I'll keep and move the Dell to monitor spot #2.

One note: The monitor is situated further towards the user than many other monitors using a more standard stand. I actually had to move my keyboard closer to me otherwise it felt as if the keyboard sat right under the monitor.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
+1 on the Acer Nitros. They look and perform well, considered one too.

The Samsung PLS (VA) implementations can vary wildly. The support behind them as well. The DCI P3 optimized panels used in midrange gaming 1440p now are pretty horrible at sRGB across the board, but otherwise can be pretty good. I'm rocking a 34in UW with one now and have zero complaints.

Still... for accuracy, IPS. For gaming, VA.
Whatever weighs heavier to you should be the focus of your search first and foremost. No matter how much fluff they put around a display tech, its still what it is with all of its pros and cons. The implementation of it doesn't change that much about it. Even the best gaming IPS won't offer VA's blacks, for example.

Update:
LG 27GL83A-B arrived on Saturday. The monitor is extremely easy to set up (no tools required). Panel looks very good but not necessarily better than the Dell 27" which I purchased several years back as it was among the best looking 1080p IPS panels. Played WoW over two secession with FPS jumping anywhere from 35FPS to 125FPS but I never felt as if any of the images stuttered with G-SYNC on, everything felt smooth. It's a better monitor than the Dell but I don't know if it's a 2x the price better monitor. Regardless I think I'll keep and move the Dell to monitor spot #2.

One note: The monitor is situated further towards the user than many other monitors using a more standard stand. I actually had to move my keyboard closer to me otherwise it felt as if the keyboard sat right under the monitor.
LG's IPS is in a great place right now. Solid choice I think.

System Name SYBARIS
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk
Cooling Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 2x8GB 3200CL16
Video Card(s) Colorful GeForce RTX 2060 6GV2
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 24" 144hz IPS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Audio Device(s) Massdrop + Sennheiser PC37X | QKZ x HBB
Power Supply Corsair CX650-F
Mouse Razer Viper Mini | Cooler Master MM711 | Logitech G102 | Logitech G402
Keyboard Drop + The Lord of the Rings Dwarvish
Software Windows 10 Education 22H2 x64
@Vayra86 PLS is Samsung's IPS-like panel. VA is something else entirely. AUO uses the confusing AHVA for their IPS-like panels and AMVA for VA-type panels.