• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TOPPING E50 DAC + L50 Amplifier Stack

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
FYI, quote from Topping below.

The L50's CE, FCC and PSE certificates are all real. For logo printing problems mentioned by forum users, I will confirm with the supplier and improve if necessary. What users want to express should be: for different working voltages, PSE and FCC should not appear at the same time as CE.

System Name Mean machine
Processor 12900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Video Card(s) 4090 Gamerock oc
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Audio Device(s) Hifiman Arya / a30 - d30 pro stack
Power Supply Be quiet dark power pro 1200
Mouse Viper ultimate
Keyboard Blackwidow 65%
Struggling to hear much difference between some of the more expensive Dac/amp's and my cheap Fiio K5 pro. I listened to the Topping DX7 pro thinking it would be a good upgrade, but did not buy. I think it's a case of diminishing returns..... I'm currently own Meze Neo 99's (little bass happy until you use parametric EQ) and AKG 371's and listed primarily to lossless Flac's on my PC.

Perhaps I just need to pluck some of the hair out of my ears for a better experience??? :)
If 2 devices measure clean, then you should'nt be able to tell the difference. That's the whole point. Nowadays, with all these wonderful topping products, they all sound the same, so what you buy needs to depend on 2 things, features available and whether they have sufficient power to drive your headphones. Everything else is pointless, all of their products down from 150 all the way up to 1.5k stacks actually measure identical.

@VSG

Have you by any chance tried the arya Stealth magnet? Bought a pair, but not sure about the ampdac. Im actually between this stack right here (l50 + e50) and the a30 pro + d30 pro. Im assuming, both will be fine power wise, right?

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
If 2 devices measure clean, then you should'nt be able to tell the difference. That's the whole point. Nowadays, with all these wonderful topping products, they all sound the same, so what you buy needs to depend on 2 things, features available and whether they have sufficient power to drive your headphones. Everything else is pointless, all of their products down from 150 all the way up to 1.5k stacks actually measure identical.

@VSG

Have you by any chance tried the arya Stealth magnet? Bought a pair, but not sure about the ampdac. Im actually between this stack right here (l50 + e50) and the a30 pro + d30 pro. Im assuming, both will be fine power wise, right?
Yeah, I've covered it here: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/hifiman-arya-2021-stealth-magnets-version/

Either stack will be plenty fine, the new Arya is not that hard to run.

System Name Mean machine
Processor 12900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Video Card(s) 4090 Gamerock oc
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Audio Device(s) Hifiman Arya / a30 - d30 pro stack
Power Supply Be quiet dark power pro 1200
Mouse Viper ultimate