• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Processor Core i7 4790K
Motherboard ASRock Z87 OC Formula
Memory 8 GB Dominator GT 2400
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE GTX 970 G1 GAMING X2 SLI
Storage 128 2xSSD Corsair GS Raid0
Display(s) Samsung S27D590P
Case Cooler Master HAF X
Audio Device(s) Realtek 1150
Power Supply Thermaltake Tough Power 1200
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G19s
Hey everyone,

We've been working hard on this fix over the past couple of weeks, and I'm pushing to try and get it into the next Insiders build. Can't make promises (I know you've gotten used to hearing that!) but I'm hopeful.

When the next build goes out, I'll post here and let you know if the fix made it.

Thanks!

John W [MSFT]

UPDATE from Microsoft forum

Processor Core i7 4790K
Case Cooler Master HAF X
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G19s
Hey everyone,

We've been working hard on this fix over the past couple of weeks, and I'm pushing to try and get it into the next Insiders build. Can't make promises (I know you've gotten used to hearing that!) but I'm hopeful.

When the next build goes out, I'll post here and let you know if the fix made it.

Thanks!

John W [MSFT]

I'm really Appreciate that and I be waiting for further news from u
For now I downgrade to win 8.1 and everything work perfect .

darkspireULTIMA

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

John W [MSFT]

thats a relief to hear that the problem is still being fixed.. i do appreciate this

genuine3000

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

John W [MSFT]

Nice to hear there are still people working for a solution thanks in advance

It's working with me in Win8.1 x64 with ALC898.

And I want to install fresh Win10 x64 with ALC898, will it work or I have to wait microsoft to fix this audio problem?

It's working with me in Win8.1 x64 with ALC898.

And I want to install fresh Win10 x64 with ALC898, will it work or I have to wait microsoft to fix this audio problem?

If you want DD/DTS stay on 8.1, still no solution for 10.:)

Hello everyone! Also a new member here :) I manage to install the modded driver on Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2.0 I have a set of z906 speakers from Logitech connected to my main board via optical cable, I can select the input from my Realtek panel to both DD/DTS but I'm having this question... The speakers are in the decode light meaning that is playing on dd or DTS, but I don't get clear voices on the rear speakers ... Like de 4.1 mode (speaking of z906 effect) is there any way to make them work like that in DTS? Sorry for my bad English and thanks a lot to everyone !

System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition
Hello everyone! Also a new member here :) I manage to install the modded driver on Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2.0 I have a set of z906 speakers from Logitech connected to my main board via optical cable, I can select the input from my Realtek panel to both DD/DTS but I'm having this question... The speakers are in the decode light meaning that is playing on dd or DTS, but I don't get clear voices on the rear speakers ... Like de 4.1 mode (speaking of z906 effect) is there any way to make them work like that in DTS? Sorry for my bad English and thanks a lot to everyone !
No as you mentioned 4.1 mode is effect in which the music will be distributed around all speakers , while DTS is processing so it means ti will play mostly atmospheric sounds/effects on the rear while having the voice and main instruments in front and the center speakers . I have Logitech Z5450 .

No as you mentioned 4.1 mode is effect in which the music will be distributed around all speakers , while DTS is processing so it means ti will play mostly atmospheric sounds/effects on the rear while having the voice and main instruments in front and the center speakers . I have Logitech Z5450 .

Yeah i played a movie with DTS and as a fact the voices came from the front speakers... so should which one may be the best to play music?

Thanks for your answer

Processor Core i7 4790K
Case Cooler Master HAF X
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G19s
Yeah i played a movie with DTS and as a fact the voices came from the front speakers... so should which one may be the best to play music?

Thanks for your answer
Set your DTS Connect in Realtek HD Audio Manager to music mode .

System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition

Thanks for your answer

There is no real answer to that , its more about what do you prefer , more on individual scale , while I really like what DTS connect is doing with the music and how it processing the sound around the 5.1 I know for fact there are people who hate it . So it is entirely up to you and what you like more . I'm listening high dynamic music like DnB , Techno , EBM then atmospheric like Ambient House or DnB , minimal so it is very interesting to me how it plays all around , but like I said it is a personal thing .

Thanks ill try it when i get home today!

Another question, what is the difference between the modded driver (first page) and this: Dolby Home Theater v4.

Im a bit confused

Damn i keep struggling with this Speakers...

VLC works fine (5.1 sound) Chrome and Firefox cant play audio in 5.1 neither Spotify Windows app... I noticed i dont have the Fill Speaker option anymore...

Is it because i installed the R271? Damn im so confused... i want to play music on spotify app or my web browser...

Thanks a lot

Processor Core i7 4790K
Case Cooler Master HAF X
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G19s
Damn i keep struggling with this Speakers...

VLC works fine (5.1 sound) Chrome and Firefox cant play audio in 5.1 neither Spotify Windows app... I noticed i dont have the Fill Speaker option anymore...

Is it because i installed the R271? Damn im so confused... i want to play music on spotify app or my web browser...

Thanks a lot
This is mine and I have a 2.79 driver so your driver doesn't have any problem .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys any news from new build of Win 10 and any fix for the DTS problem ?

This is mine and I have a 2.79 driver so your driver doesn't have any problem .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys any news from new build of Win 10 and any fix for the DTS problem ?

Thanks a lot, i gotta figure out how to make the spotify app work in 5.1! thanks a lot

Ruben Portier

Thanks a lot, i gotta figure out how to make the spotify app work in 5.1! thanks a lot

You can't have the fill-speaker-option on digital audio. I have no idea why, but it must have something to do with the licensing and the fact that it needs to transfer alle 5.1 signals on a 2.0 signal line (optical). Or it could be something else :). I know Chrome supports it to have 5.1 support, but you need to start Chrome with a special operator. Firefox does not have this (yet), I think. Spotify does not support 5.1 sound, so it will only be able to play at 2 speakers :(. However, it can be possible that Spotify supports this, but I just don't know about this feature/option :).

So, a lot of yes'es and no's from me :)

You can't have the fill-speaker-option on digital audio. I have no idea why, but it must have something to do with the licensing and the fact that it needs to transfer alle 5.1 signals on a 2.0 signal line (optical). Or it could be something else :). I know Chrome supports it to have 5.1 support, but you need to start Chrome with a special operator. Firefox does not have this (yet), I think. Spotify does not support 5.1 sound, so it will only be able to play at 2 speakers :(. However, it can be possible that Spotify supports this, but I just don't know about this feature/option :).

So, a lot of yes'es and no's from me :)

Thanks a lot Ruben, I tried those parameters, people also use them on Spotify, but none worked for me :( I'll keep trying

Ruben Portier

The "speaker fill" option should now be under DTS Connect.

I've never seen that option, maybe because I don't have DTS Connect? I have the Dolby Live encoder option and the DTS 'live?' option (I cannot remember if this is DTS Connect or something else?) available.

punkid

I've never seen that option, maybe because I don't have DTS Connect? I have the Dolby Live encoder option and the DTS 'live?' option (I cannot remember if this is DTS Connect or something else?) available.
oh sorry i was replying to @Yves

But yes Ruben, you dont have any option to upmix in digital audio. The only way you can do that is to make your speakers/receiver do it, or you media playback software.
Even the software part might not be possible if you are connected via optical cable, since it can only take a two channel uncompressed stream: ".. two channels of uncompressed lossless PCM audio or compressed 5.1/7.1surround sound"

I'm not an expert on this, dont even have any digital audio devices in the house, so dont take my word for it :p

Andrew Butler

I have it running and I don't see any dolby-related settings in my windows sound panel anymore.
Only worked for me by using the unlocked driver from this thread, but the above mentioned official driver update brang me back to where I had been before.
So I guess no, it doesn't work.

@all
Can anyone please answer my question regarding DD/DTS + HDMI?
Since I'm not familiar with it, I still don't understand why it won't work for me (besides the Windows 10 bug), because I don't get ANY sound at all when I choose the Realtek HD audio interface.
And I'd like to know what I can and can't do with it before buying an expensive discrete sound card.

As said, my PC and my consoles are all connected through HDMI to my TV, and my TV, as the central, passes the sound through to my sound system by using optical.
That works perfectly fine with my PS4 and Xbox360.
The PS4 is set to bitstream dolby if that helps and I get a fully working surround sound. Same goes for my Xbox.
Only my PC does not want to. Why?
Does this unlocked driver only work with TOSLINK or is there a possibility to force it to use HDMI?
By the way, it doesn't make a difference whether I plug the HDMI-cable into the graphics card's or the mainboard's HDMI slot.

It's just that I can't believe that there's no hope in getting 5.1 through HDMI, since HDMI is a quite modern interface and for both audio AND video...
so where's the mistake?

My hardware:

Gigabyte H97M-D3H (with ALC1150 onboard, no optical out though)
Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X OC (also provides an onboard sound chip if I'm not wrong)
LG 55LB671V TV, which should be able to handle it

If there's any further information needed just let me know.

Sorry for being so annoying, but I really want to know what to do.
Would be glad if someone can help.

Correct me if I am wrong here but from my experience the majority of TVs don't pass through bit stream signals. They convert the signal to stereo PCM to output via the optical port. Does your receiver identify the signal from the optical cable as DD/DTS...?
If you happen to have a TV that does pass through then the reason your not getting audio via the HDMI port when selecting the Realtek interface is because the HDMI port isn't connected to that. The audio for the HDMI port comes via the sound chip on your graphics card. When connecting the HDMI cable to the TV you should see the TV device appear in the "playback devices" list in windows. From there you can configure its properties. Under supported formats it will show what compressed encoded formats (DD, DTS etc.) are supported by the TV.

Films on DVD and BluRay for example have audio already encoded in DD so can simply be bitstream directly using a media player which supports this such as VLC.

Game audio however is not stored in DD format but rather as a set of files that get used by the games audio engine that determines which speakers to play what sound from. To bitstream a games audio it needs to be encoded to DD on the fly to be sent via HDMI / optical. (DD Live). You will need to find out if the AMD card can support such a feature. The Realtek driver will not help you in this scenario.

Hope that helps a little.

Processor Core i7 4790K
Case Cooler Master HAF X
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G19s
Hello guys . Any news about the dts interactive problem on new build of Windows 10 (10547) ?