• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Does this trick work with Asus boards that have supremeFX ( they use alc1150 ) apparently the board I got dont support DST connect and all that, like the ROG boards

Last edited:

rxracer

Yes.... Yes they did.....

I take it you had/have an MSI? I've ordered the sound card. Only the principle of it has kept me this long, but the hassle and inconvenience (time, effort, no Insider) isn't worth it. We all have it handcuffed/locked away and shouldn't need to pay for an alternate solution, but my offer at $23AU was accepted so I have to let rationale take over. I'm ultra frugal, but that feels well worth it atm.

I followed the guide on my MSI GT72. It uses a modified Realtek driver from the MSI page because the standard driver from realtek itself mutes the internal speakers.

I have the option to select Dolby Digital Live or DTS Interacive in Windows sound setting. However, whenever I am doing this, test sound fails to play, normal stereo sound (like youtube videos) comes from the internal speakers and ingame I have no sound at all. If I change the device to 16 Bit/ 48khz SPDIF is working, but obviously only with stereo sound.

I had the same issue on my old desktop pc with Asus mainboard and Realtek 2.79 + modified 2.75 dll.

Damn, seems to have erased the DTS selection for speakers, works nice for headphones.

Maybe when setting up, select only 1 device.

Gonna fiddle with it more.

* Got it back by reinstalling drivers.
*Installing the APO, maybe just select headphones only, doesnt erase DTS driver that way.

Awesome EQ, Headphones are for the first time thumping!

Attachments

• EqualizerAPO.JPG
    EqualizerAPO.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 785
  • 30Band.JPG
    30Band.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 623
Last edited:
You mean 10586? Because that's when I actually had it working. I have ALC892 though.

idnamark

Hello

Is this work with only the optical output? Because i get playback error on coaxial output, but the test is succesful on the optical output.

Thanks.

Maybe MS didn't fix it for coaxial. I have no idea because I can't test it. And Optical is broken on preview builds again as well, so...

idnamark

Maybe MS didn't fix it for coaxial. I have no idea because I can't test it. And Optical is broken on preview builds again as well, so...

But why is this two outputs is different in software way? It is the same signal, i don't understand it.

Fine, well I tested the non-optical digital output now, without anything plugged into it because I don't have anything to plug into it, and still got the failed test tone on my rs1 build, after a very long time of it doing nothing.

I updated my drivers via Windows Update. Now if I set the device to Dlby Digital 5.1 the test sound in volume control panel is working. However, stereo sources stay silent (on Creative cards there was an upmix) as do all the games I have tried so far (Crysis 3, Grim Dawn, Street Figher V)

genuine3000

nice to hear! but is there a solution yet for the last windows 10 build 14316 and before that. Because we are getting behind for update and security leaks I've tested out some other solutions but without good luck if there is some help out there to find a solution it would be great.
Seams the old solution won't work anymore so there is none for the moment

jhyman

I was curious to test out Dolby Headphone, but the drivers only let me enable Dolby Virtual Speaker. I have optical ouput to a DAC that is powering headphones. Is there anyway to make Windows/Realtek think that the "digital output device" is headphones and not speakers?

K-RAD

None of the solutions (this or this) worked for me :( I tried R2.71, R2.73, R2.79, original mobo drivers, and the drivers don't work anymore, the volume icon gets a red X

- win 8.1 x64
- ASRock H97M-ITX/AC

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    25.2 KB · Views: 647
Last edited:

TheGlow

Late to the party. I just got a pair of turtle beach headphones for xbox but came with a DSS2 surround sound adapter.
I'm trying to figure it out but it seems I need to enable dolby digital live and not sure how.
I'm on an Asus z170 Pro Gaming with the SupremeFX which I believe is just rebranded alc1150.
What kind of options to I have? On latest Windows 10, 64bit.

TibChee

Yes!!! The fix for Realtek surround on Windows 10 is now in the Windows Insider Slow (and Fast) Ring! And both methods still work!

I'll repost my instructions for the non-Test Mode method here.

2.79 drivers with the modified 2.75 dll. I rebooted after every single step (even if possibly unnecessary). If you follow the instructions exactly, it should work for you.

1. 2.79 installer -> uninstall, reboot, install, reboot

2. regedit -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Audio -> New DWORD (32-bit) named DisableProtectedAudioDG and set it to 1. Reboot

3. Delete the RltkAPO64.dll from "C:\Windows\System32" (Personally, I used a little program called File Unlocker to delete it while it was "in use") and replace it with the modified 2.75 dll (Make sure it's called RltkAPO64.dll Older versions are missing the first l). (Now, previously there was an important step to right click on the dll and open its properties and check unblock near the bottom. That's not there anymore and I haven't had an issue yet, but you might want to check for it.) Reboot

I'll attach the modified 2.75 dll with the proper name here in a rar, but you can get the 2.79 drivers yourself from the Realtek website.

I followed these steps and now I can set DTS or DDL in the Realtek HD Audio Manager but there is no sound if I switch either of those in the default format menu. Not even the test sound funcion works.

I am using Windows 10 (geniue with the latest update) and my motherboard is an ASRock z77 Extreme 4.

Could anyone help me what could be the problem?

If you aren't on the Threshold 2 (TH2) public release build, it won't work...

Last edited:

genuine3000

I've think I have the solution for the last builds slow and fast ring I'm doing some more testing deferent pc's and come back with the detailed explication
@TibChee what the hell that is but if you are reading the forum jou know

sunshinewelly

just upgraded to windows 10 last night - cant get the method on page 37-38 to work.
i assume that this does not work on windows 10 at the moment
is there any other paid solutions out there

It might still be working on the latest public build with those instructions.

They broke it again in some of the current preview builds, but say they (might) have a fix for it coming in 14339.