• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name White DJ in Detroit
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Prey, the latest one. Quite good so far.

Older single-player RPGs could definitely involve some serious farming. I guess it was more optional, but with the level barriers you could encounter, it was often necessary to go back and 'grind' for hours.

Oohh yeah. Look at the older JRPGs. Chrono Trigger has a boss that is almost impossible if you're geared wrong and underleveled, and it's pretty easy to get to that boss. This is why the enemies keep respawning so you can walk around and grind some XP until you level up sufficently (and you can't get out of that area either). Same with all those JRPGs, at least the oned I've played.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother

Oohh yeah. Look at the older JRPGs. Chrono Trigger has a boss that is almost impossible if you're geared wrong and underleveled, and it's pretty easy to get to that boss. This is why the enemies keep respawning so you can walk around and grind some XP until you level up sufficently (and you can't get out of that area either). Same with all those JRPGs, at least the oned I've played.
Ahhhh Chrono Trigger... love that game but there was definitely a lot of that. If you were smart, you went out with different party configurations in order to grind up combo spells to then mob those enemies in those locations. Every party member had their own skillsets to grind, which got you through different sections quicker and could be enhanced by combining them. Similar to FF6 (US) for the same console. Every party member had unique skills to grind-up, with a lot of them even having multiple sets of ultra-rare gear with huge 'skill build' oriented stat boosts that elevate them to different levels in combat. That stuff wouldn't just be given to you either. IF you didn't have to grind to get it, you had to grind to get to it... after figuring out that it's even there to go for. Full imp set for Mog, anyone?

But my god man... FF6 starts OFF with grinding. Like, you should probably do that on the first dungeon it drops you in.

That stuff was cool though, because for all of the grinding you did, it could pay off in huge dividends strategically, if only you plan it out. With smart grinding you could set up to not just run a train on enemies, but the whole terminal.

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i5-12600KF 'stock power limits/-115mV undervolt+contact frame'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/@950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
Still on borderlands 3. Never seen a game before with so many crazy different guns! :D
Tuning it at 1440p with highest fps possible on my hardware atm.

Yeah the gun variety is definitely much better than at relase, now in the final version of the game its in a much better state and theres a fair ammount of guns that are end game capable and can be used in multiple builds just fine.
I also carry 5-10 guns in my inventory on all of my 3 end game chars and use them depending on my mood.

It made me understand how it could be that when it comes to gambling addiction, it's not the winning that keeps you playing, but the pulling of the lever itself. Dopamine is thought of as the reward neurotransmitter... but actually it is the "Go, seek, do." neurotransmitter. It's not released when you get the thing, but rather when the thing is on the table *for* you to get. When you actually get the thing, there's another surge, but it drops just a little while after. The sustained pinging happens along the way to that. Some studies have even shown that losing more makes certain people want to play a lot more. Those games are set up to make you feel like there is a reward coming while directing and engaging simple, immediate, intuitive actions and decisions - motivating you to react in particular ways. That anticipation of something happening is what comprises the obsessive behaviors seen in the chase of dopamine highs. As long as you continue to register more dopa-triggering stimuli, your brain continues to tell you that something big is about to happen. That registers to many people as something highly euphoric in itself. To actually 'get there' would make you like Alexander after conquering his way to the sea itself. It's depression. That is why there must always be more to chew into. That is why it is a 'chase' and not a 'capture'.

Yup I also fall into that category, well not as bad as when I was younger but I can still grind/farm and enjoy it.
Back in my elementary/early high school days when I was playing Diablo 2 I could farm the same bosses for hours every day after school in the hopes of getting some rare loot.
Safe to say that I was close to addicted to the game and the grind aspect since that was my first game like that.

Ppl asked me a few times before how can I do that, idk I can't explain it I just don't mind and farm like its nothing.
Ofc if I don't find the game itself fun then nope but then I wouldn't be playing the game in the first place.

To stay with the Borderlands 3 example, in that game its almost a common thing that ppl download save files with maxed out chars/gear/build and I'm like dude why would I do that.:confused:
That would completely destroy and ruin the game for me, I love to slowly build up my chars and gear on my own and farm for it.

To be honest after my chars/build are complete I lose the interest in the game rather fast cause theres like nothing left to do when I can already easily destroy every content in the said game and have/found everything I wanted. 'luckily in BL 3 this still lasted me a good 1000+ hours since the relase day so I can't complain really'

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Software Windows 10 Pro
Yup I also fall into that category, well not as bad as when I was younger but I can still grind/farm and enjoy it.
Back in my elementary/early high school days when I was playing Diablo 2 I could farm the same bosses for hours every day after school in the hopes of getting some rare loot.
Safe to say that I was close to addicted to the game and the grind aspect since that was my first game like that.
Haha, I know exactly what you're saying. I used to get downright jazzed just *thinking* about my path to grinding out RPGs while I was in class and stuff. I had a horizon to shoot for - some sick, powerful thing to use, but I really think I was more excited about having that thing to shoot for than actually getting it. Because as soon as I'd get there, another sprawling endeavor would take my attention.

To stay with the Borderlands 3 example, in that game its almost a common thing that ppl download save files with maxed out chars/gear/build and I'm like dude why would I do that.:confused:
That would completely destroy and ruin the game for me, I love to slowly build up my chars and gear on my own and farm for it.

To be honest after my chars/build are complete I lose the interest in the game rather fast cause theres like nothing left to do when I can already easily destroy every content in the said game and have/found everything I wanted. 'luckily in BL 3 this still lasted me a good 1000+ hours since the relase day so I can't complain really'

I'm the same with Fallout, really. I enjoy the building-up process so much that I slow the whole leveling curve to less than half normal XP for each XP-granting task. I've modded it to have more rewards and tiered things to go for... more randomized rares to find all over the world - as well as placed mod items that you have to work your way up to being able to get and use, all of that kind of stuff. More tiers and variation to crafting skill checks. And the thing is... there is enough variability in how things go that each character I build is different. I make it even harder on myself by making enemies really tough to face unprepared, but fairly quick to dispatch with a little skill when set-up sufficiently well. You're kind of always 'earning it' in some way.

Cruel irony that in almost any level-driven game where I get close to 'maxing-out' a character, I lose interest. There's something about starting a new character that feels just like waking up rested on the first morning of an obligation-free vacation. And I don't think it's just nostalgia. I could go the other way and say it's a lot like waking up for a day at work that you are *really* looking forward to, like you can't wait to get started. Sounds twisted, probably is. But that's more or less the feeling. It's something kind of simple and pure.

I'll take this moment to remind everyone yet again that I have severe ADHD, which I am not medicated for. :laugh: It makes that sort of thing a double-edged sword. On one end, my brain has extra-beefy dopamine pathways that provide the capability for normally unattainable levels of granular focus, but they are underfed. Most people are not capable of sustaining the peak focus that I can with my weirdly-developed brain. Think of a v12 engine with a fuel-injection system that normally only pushes the volume for a typical straight 6. In my behavior, I'm always trying to get more fuel into the chambers, more of that dopamine-seeking behavior. It's borderline instinctual behavior, calling on the limbic system an everything. Took me years of adulting to fully realize that about myself. I can literally just sprint and my general intellect increases. I am a genius at on-your-feet jobs, and a bumbling idiot at a desk and it's really as simple as one having more moving around. On the other end, when I do drum up enough dopamine stimuli to get full engine power, I shoot off in a straight line, going too fast to turn, even if I tried. A good MMO could ruin my life, I steer clear :laugh:

You can almost look at my posts and see when I am and am not in that state, I swear. There's an entirely different stride I will hit with depth and detail, all the way down to the sentence structuring itself. It's the same mechanism that puts a person on the grind path - I'm almost certain. Like, why is it that every time I grind away at a Fallout or Skyrim character, I then have to hop online and write EVERYTHING about it... like REALLY every time, unceasingly for years? It's the dopamine!

It's funny too... I think all people's brains work like this. It's just that there are some in the population who's brains have a lot of extra circuitry for exactly those things. I have a lot of insight into it because it is very strong in me. But when I try to show other people where it is in them and what they do, it's like they don't see it. Sometimes I think I'd rather choose my rabbit holes than be pulled around their general orbit, never fully falling in. The more I understand it and be deliberate with it, the more I like falling in, and the less it has to interfere with the rest of my life.

Last edited:
System Name Fury
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X Auto-OC
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570 - Plus
Cooling Corsair H150i 360mm Elite LCD Watercooler
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 4x 16gb 3600 MHz
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 4080 Trinity OC 16GB OC@2.95GHz
Storage 2x 2 TB Seagate Barracuda, Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256gb, Samsung SSD 850 Evo 512gb, Samsung 970 evo + 1
Display(s) 2x Samsung Curved Gaming Monitor C32G54TQWR (32″)
Case Lian Li O11DX
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z625 400W
Power Supply Coolermaster V850 V2 Full-Modular 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 SE
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum 1st. Gen
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 23H2
Benchmark Scores Speedway: 7195 Time Spy Score: 23142 Fire Strike Score: 43122 Port Royal Score: 18081
I Play some Simulation Games like BeamNG.drive, Assetto Corsa, Omsi 2 or ETS 2
Horror Games like Pacify, Phasmophobia.
And my Favourite War Thunder.

System Name Night Rider | Mini LAN PC | Workhorse
Processor AMD R7 5800X3D | Ryzen 1600X | i7 970
Motherboard MSi AM4 Pro Carbon | GA- | Gigabyte EX58-UD5
Cooling Noctua U9S Twin Fan| Stock Cooler, Copper Core)| Big shairkan B
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws 3600MHz| 2x8GB Corsair 3000 | 6x2GB DDR3 1300 Corsair
Video Card(s) MSI AMD 6750XT | 6500XT | MSI RX 580 8GB
Storage 1TB WD Black NVME / 250GB SSD /2TB WD Black | 500GB SSD WD, 2x1TB, 1x750 | WD 500 SSD/Seagate 320
Display(s) LG 27" 1440P| Samsung 20" S20C300L/DELL 15" | 22" DELL/19"DELL
Case LIAN LI PC-18 | Mini ATX Case (custom) | Atrix C4 9001
Audio Device(s) Onboard | Onbaord | Onboard
Power Supply Silverstone 850 | Silverstone Mini 450W | Corsair CX-750
Mouse Coolermaster Pro | Rapoo V900 | Gigabyte 6850X
Keyboard MAX Keyboard Nighthawk X8 | Creative Fatal1ty eluminx | Some POS Logitech
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 7 Pro 64/Windows 10 Home
Ive just started playing It Takes Two with my girl friend and its alot of fun! Really enjoying it!

System Name Merc v8| Project DRS
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D|5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX|B550 AORUS ELITE
Cooling Noctua NH-D15|Arctic LFII-360
Memory 2x 16GB-6000|2x16GB-3600
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4070 Ti SUPER|RTX 3070 Ventus
Storage Solidigm P44 1TB & 2TB, Crucial MX500 2TB|2x1TB SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU|LG 34GP950G
Case Caselabs Mercury S8|Phanteks G500A
Audio Device(s) Schiit Magni & Modi, Edifier S351DB|DT 770 PRO headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex PX-850|Prime TX-750
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Epomaker F75|Logitech K400
Software W11Pro
Halo Infinite - Those marines have really good healthcare or are clones of sort, the way they jump off rocks and stuff. :eek:

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage Intel 905p Optane 960GB boot, +2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11 Enterprise IoT 2024
Halo Infinite - Those marines have really good healthcare or are clones of sort, the way they jump off rocks and stuff. :eek:
On the OG halo one on Xbox classic they used to just drive us off cliffs in the warthog...

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Case NZXT H710
Software Windows 10 Pro
Got a good screenshot to break down the processing I use on FO4. It's really interesting, how much you can do with such a dated starting point. It's worth just clicking the first screenshot and cycling to see how different it really is.

We can start with a bare image, with the default engine processing. The one change here is that interior lighting relies more on direct sources than it does in vanilla. I also can't just disable all of the high detail textures. But the overall look when it comes to the image shaping is still vanilla. This is what a regular FO4 interior looks like.
Fallout4 2022-05-22 18-42-34.jpg

I don't see it much, so it's like... shockingly hideous to me lol

But I guess it isn't terrible. The lantern does throw some direct shadows out, with a slightly rotating source flicker to boost it. But things are looking pretty flat, especially in the highlights. All of the stark shadow transitions make low-polygon objects look like cardboard. This is a SUPER 'video-gamey' looking game. Something I don't appreciate often enough with how far I've deviated from the base look. Lets put some ENB on it.
Fallout4 2022-05-22 18-42-31.jpg

Now, we have some ambient occlusion for objects - things are no longer uniformly baked in lantern ambience and there is better separation between objects as well as a better sense of polygonal detail across surfaces. Transitions from dark to light are easier, with very distinct background/foreground separation. Light has contour. Tone shaping and LUT grading give a darker but more natural image profile that is far easier to look at, which is further aided by upgraded adaptation and bloom algorithms, as well as some slight DOF that all comes together to give a better sense of light diffusing across space. We even get some tiny local shadows around some smaller contours. Not nearly as bright and in your face as vanilla, but far less flat. This particular look is not what everyone likes - many go higher contrast with this stuff but personally I like a smoother image for fewer complications and less eye fatigue. I also happen to think it just looks better toned down rather than up.

FO4 is a game easily overdone with stacked post-processing. Many do not have the self-control for it IMO. Go peep some screenshots over on the Nexus, check out some of the reshade presets shared on there. I don't wanna throw shade(lol) but you'll see a lot of examples of how easily it goes overboard. And you yourself do not see it as well as other people, because your impression is niched-out by staring at it as it gradually changes - you adjust and it looks normal. I've taken a lot of time to understand what every aspect of what I mess with is actually doing, and it has made me increasingly more conservative with everything. I have a built up intuition for where I'm at with the image, without needing to hone-in and really *see* it to know what's happening because I understand how what I'm changing works. You have to accept reasonable goals for the end result, let things fall into their own place and it'll look consistently better in the end.

After this, we put the icing on the cake with an improvised take on ray-traced global illumination. I use ReShade to bring in RadiantGI and RTGI, which cast rays in order to draw new shadows and light onto scenes in real time, quite a lot like the real thing, though nowhere near the same quality levels. RTGI is currently set to be pushing out 6 rays per pixel, which then branch out on 18 raymarching steps per ray (which is part of what takes it from ray-tracing to path-tracing). So it really is calculating a lot of lighting and the effect can be pretty dramatic.
Fallout4 2022-05-22 18-42-29.jpg

It almost looks like too much, but that's because I'm running RTGI in 'still' mode, which cranks quality but doesn't have the same amount of filtering as the real-time mode yet, causing it to over-accent close to some edges.

But you can see that transitions between lighter and darker surfaces have changed yet again... only this time they follow the light angle set by the lantern that is illuminating this little corner. You have more shadows drawn on the parts receiving less light from the lantern all over the screen - even on the gun. You have bounce light reaching over the top and sides of the table, climbing over the terminal, and even between the two wooden file cabinets. It's doing as much of that as it is determining what actually is not receiving light and darkening it accordingly. Some things blend more, while others stand out. You can also see how everything has taken on more of the color qualities of the surrounding light. Everything caught by the light now glows slightly against the contrast thrown by new shadows, with all of it warming up the color temp in accordance with both the yellow-orange lantern and the pinker sunset ambience flatly filling the room.

These plugins basically 'learn' that information by shooting rays out from the camera across what the engine tells it about the depth layer. The depth layer can be represented in the form of a 2D image not unlike a normal bumpmap for a texture (the reference image that gives it the appearance of having 3D surface contour under light,) only it is really just an abstract matrix generated organically on a per-frame basis, after mesh collision and visibility within the screenspace has been calculated, basically revealing the on-screen Z-axis to any 2D raster shaders that work dynamically with camera-based depth. It's that crucial 3D to 2D conversion needed for so many basic processing tasks handled by game engines, letting those 2D shaders 'understand' the shapes and contours that the camera sees in a given frame. It's essentially baked physics for the render pipeline to use, like tracing paper to help the shaders draw better and smarter. It even contains information about the physical light sources in the worldspace, and mesh-flagged material emittance properties. Nearly every 3D game engine has and uses one to facilitate shader calculations that rely on scene geometry but only need what the camera actually sees. It's where most of what you actually end up seeing on the screen begins being drawn. The GI shaders use that to inform the behavior of the rays, which they then use to distribute light and shadow with literally unprecedented accuracy, pixel-by-pixel and frame-by-frame.

I never thought something like this could be possible in ReShade. It's crazy to me that this runs smoothly. It definitely has some ghosting but frame rates are good! All said and done, I'm down ~5 frames.

What's most fascinating to me about it is how well it manages to hide how drastically it alters the images. I have the benefit of being able to toggle it instantly at any time, so I can see what it does and make a lot of comparisons compared to RTX GI. It changes so much, and yet you don't register what it's doing as part of an effect. It's almost disappointing when you stop and toggle. The changes just 'disappear' into the images the more you look at them. Then, you explore, get in a few firefights, and moment to moment everything just clicks and jives. I think this is the sort of thing that hits on lower level brain processing... like the part of your brain that makes depth and grouping 'real' for your vision in the real world. It's hard to get around that effect and see what it's doing that makes it hook into your perception in that way. You only get one or the other... big picture impact, or one detail that you can see as different, but can't see how it could make a big overall difference. Being able to really see what it's doing, and freely see how the parameters work/react to changes has told me a ton about what I've seen in RTX games. You could say it's been... illuminating.

Once you play with it on for a while, it's kind of hard to see the game without it. Everything just starts to look so much flatter.

Last edited:
System Name Work Computer | Unfinished Computer
Processor Core i7-6700 | Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Dell Q170 | Gigabyte Aorus Elite Wi-Fi
Cooling A fan? | Truly Custom Loop
Memory 4x4GB Crucial 2133 C17 | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600 C26
Video Card(s) Dell Radeon R7 450 | RTX 2080 Ti FE
Storage Crucial BX500 2TB | TBD
Display(s) 3x LG QHD 32" GSM5B96 | TBD
Case Dell | Heavily Modified Phanteks P400
Power Supply Dell TFX Non-standard | EVGA BQ 650W
Mouse Monster No-Name $7 Gaming Mouse| TBD

Is that the one that Epic was giving away? Gave it a quick playthrough and I recommend the post-credits scene (depending on the ending you choose)

I chose the advanced nullwave...

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Case NZXT H710
Software Windows 10 Pro
I guess we all wear shades now, cool. "I have procured the Partystarter - it's time to move on the Corvega op." Meet the dynamic duo making a splash out in the greater Boston region :laugh: Our mercenary soldiers of fortune have just left a weapons shop named "Kill or Be Killed" after purchasing a bazooka colloquially known as "Partystarter" from a trans-coded assaultron robot with a femme-fatale-like murderlust and are now headed for the raider stronghold built out of the old Corvega assembly factory. Will their last minute ace in the hole be enough to punch through the raider's defenses and blow up a whole buncha cars? A town church bell rings out as a single flute flutters off and a somber, tense harmonica dances in. Lots of people are gonna be dyin and losin limbs. That's the scene I think is happening here.
Fallout4 2022-05-22 23-55-29.png

It is Goodneighbor. We've got to blend in here XD. I wish Deacon would've shown up, but Piper knew exactly what to do in his absence. She understands what sunglasses are for. I don't know why the sunglasses. I just know that the sunglasses. They're sunglasses. This is why we need Deacon. He can make it clear. He could bring Zeke and then everyone could break out the tuxedos and pompadour wigs. It's that or we gotta break out the jeans and leather jackets. Rule the wastes with a deep chill.

Over the course of post-nuclear endeavors, our once plainly-cute, newly wed-and-retired lawyermom Nora has quickly gone wasteland VIP. Everywhere she goes, another figure appears, casually but menacingly looming. Her entourage always has her back. That's what the glasses are for - it's what they come with. Without the glasses, she is simply Piper, humble reporter for the Diamond City paper. But the moment the shades go on, she takes on the mantle of 'The Huscle' and all of the responsibility, dedication, and reward that comes with it. Heavy is the weight of the vision-shielding crowns resting upon these two's ears. This equip is for the VIPs, and the people who watch other people's backs - and nobody else. That is what it means to don the shades. They're not for the people who open doors for the people who open doors. Rather, they're the hands that tear the hinges off of said doors... with fingers like bullets. Only The Right People can represent the sunglasses in this game world. Only time will tell if these two are indeed them.

Last edited:
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar b650m wifi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 30CL6000
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Lian Li A3 mATX White
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W11 IoT Enterprise LTSC
Yeah the gun variety is definitely much better than at relase, now in the final version of the game its in a much better state and theres a fair ammount of guns that are end game capable and can be used in multiple builds just fine.
I also carry 5-10 guns in my inventory on all of my 3 end game chars and use them depending on my mood.

Ppl asked me a few times before how can I do that, idk I can't explain it I just don't mind and farm like its nothing.
Ofc if I don't find the game itself fun then nope but then I wouldn't be playing the game in the first place.

LOL this is like my journey through every game. Understand it, master it, build it proper and when done, drop it like a stone.

Its not the best approach to gaming, I've discovered, but those journeys are f'ing awesome nonetheless, albeit short. At some point you figure things out rather quickly, ignorance is bliss in that sense.

Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Software Windows 10 Pro
LOL this is like my journey through every game. Understand it, master it, build it proper and when done, drop it like a stone.

Its not the best approach to gaming, I've discovered, but those journeys are f'ing awesome nonetheless, albeit short. At some point you figure things out rather quickly, ignorance is bliss in that sense.

Yeah sometimes I wish I could erase all my memories/knowledge of a game just so I could play+learn it again from scratch.:laugh:
Sure I love knowing my games but nothing beats the first experience when its all new and exciting.

On a side note I think I'm finally finishing Vampyr today, gosh this game took me longer than I expected but it was an interesting game for me.
I guess doing a pacifist run did not help with my level progress huh.:oops: 'as in not killing/biting civilians to gain a lot of exp'

System Name Work Computer | Unfinished Computer
Processor Core i7-6700 | Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Dell Q170 | Gigabyte Aorus Elite Wi-Fi
Cooling A fan? | Truly Custom Loop
Memory 4x4GB Crucial 2133 C17 | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600 C26
Video Card(s) Dell Radeon R7 450 | RTX 2080 Ti FE
Storage Crucial BX500 2TB | TBD
Display(s) 3x LG QHD 32" GSM5B96 | TBD
Case Dell | Heavily Modified Phanteks P400
Power Supply Dell TFX Non-standard | EVGA BQ 650W
Mouse Monster No-Name $7 Gaming Mouse| TBD

This. This is why I play free games. I demand the new and different, and very few games can capture my interest to return again and again.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling be quiet dark rock pro 3
Memory GSKill Aegis 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon RX 7800 XT Hellhound 16GB GDDR6 256-bit
Storage Seagate Barracuda SATA-II 1TB , HyperX Savage 240GB SATA 3
Display(s) Benq EX2780Q
Case Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900
Audio Device(s) Sound BlasterX G6
Power Supply Seasonic prime TX-650
Mouse Marvo Scorpion G981
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Elite - Yellow Switch
Software Windows 10 Pro
This is a what are you playing,not a specific game debate place. Since you triggered me, there is NO such thing as the hardest boss. it's not about ER, it's about souls games in general.

if you finish the tutorial, forcing yourself to defeat from the beginning the horseman, that will be the hardest boss. WHatever boss you get stuck on, that is the hardest, cuz everyone has a different build and different play style.

20220428232541_1.jpg

@rtwjunkie why are you not playing this?

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
The Ford Escort/Cosworth is still the best car in the game, imo.

Playing 117 in Halo Infinite, game runs butter smooth.
Yeah, my favorite is the 1991 gymkhana. Most fun I had with any car in FH5.

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar b650m wifi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 30CL6000
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Lian Li A3 mATX White
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W11 IoT Enterprise LTSC
hmm... nothing in my post is about a debate, I was just asking a question about a game... welcome to my block list, I don't have time for drama over a little fucking game lol
Well that escalated quickly. He's correct though, I think we should consider his point a good one. Topic isn't for specific game debates, you're much better off creating a separate one. I do it too, so I really did take it like a good suggestion tbh.

@Cvrk thanks for keeping us straight

SO, I'm playing Elden Ring right now...
troll dancing GIF

Still having a lot of trouble with this kind of game. I guess I just suck at real combat

Processor i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz (H2O Cooled)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Cooling CPU = EK Velocity / GPU = EK Vector
Memory 32GB - G-Skill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHz
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6900 XT (H2O Cooled)
Storage Samsung 860 EVO - 970 EVO - 870 QVO
Display(s) Samsung QN90A 50" 4K TV & LG 20" 1600x900
Case Lian Li O11-D
Audio Device(s) Presonus Studio 192
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 850W
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2S
Keyboard Matias RGB Backlit Keyboard
Software Windows 10 & macOS (Hackintosh)
just stumbled onto this game in the last week. It's called "UnMetal" and the gameplay could mostly be described as stealth action/adventure paying homage to the original Metal Gear game released on MSX and NES.

However, this game is absolutely chocked full to the brim of humor and tongue in cheek references to the Metal Gear franchise and other popular games and shows. It's a pretty neat way to present the game and story. Honestly it's like what "Weird Al" Yankovic does with music parody....if he was a game developer this is the kind of games he would make lmao.

So if you're a fan of that kinda game or the Metal Gear series then this is something you should check out. I went through the first mission so far and that's all I needed to play to understand this game lives up to it's excellent reviews

1653342714183.png

1653342890221.png

homage to the original Metal Gear game released on MSX and NES.
Looks like a good quality SNES title!

It's on GOG:

And here's the demo:

System Name Bad Moon Ryzen
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4-F
Cooling Vetroo V5
Memory Crucial Ballistix 32Gb (8gb x 4) 3200 MHz DDR 4
Video Card(s) 6700 XT
Storage Samsung 860 Evo 1Tb, Samsung 860 Evo 500Gb,WD Black 8Tb, WD Blue 2Tb
Display(s) Gigabyte G24F-2 (180Hz Freesync) & 4K Samsung TV
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact w/Dark Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply MSI MPG A850GF (850w)
VR HMD Rift S
Played Unmetal a little while ago and reference it in this thread. It's a cracking game and the humour is top notch :)

Software Windows 10 Pro
Alright, I've finished Vampyr last night after a good ~35+ hours.
Luckily I ended up with one of the good endings so I'm comfortable with how the game played out.

And for something else now that I won't have an easy time with since I kinda have a love/hate relation with horror type games.
Picked up Evil Within 2, played the first game almost exactly 6 years ago and surprisingly enough I liked it even tho it scared the crap out of me a few times.:laugh: 'playing at night with a headset doesn't help'
EvilW2.jpg

Yup, totally 'not' missed those abominations from this game and all the crazy stuff.:oops:

Game still has some performance issues that I heard about when it was new,I thought they were fixed by now but nah.
I mean it runs okay but its like the game can't utilize the GPU for more than 85-90% and some cutscenes drop frames a bit, gameplay itself is almost always at my capped 60 fps tho so wuteva. 'Ultra settings with all kind of blur/grain disabled'

Processor i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz (H2O Cooled)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Cooling CPU = EK Velocity / GPU = EK Vector
Memory 32GB - G-Skill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHz
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6900 XT (H2O Cooled)
Storage Samsung 860 EVO - 970 EVO - 870 QVO
Display(s) Samsung QN90A 50" 4K TV & LG 20" 1600x900
Case Lian Li O11-D
Audio Device(s) Presonus Studio 192
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 850W
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2S
Keyboard Matias RGB Backlit Keyboard
Software Windows 10 & macOS (Hackintosh)
Looks like a good quality SNES title!

It's on GOG:

And here's the demo:
Yea it certainly has an 16-bit era vibe to it. I stumbled on to it on Steam, I don't remember what the hell I was actually searching for but while I was in progress I saw this, caught my eye and had to click on it and here we are!

Played Unmetal a little while ago and reference it in this thread. It's a cracking game and the humour is top notch :)
I genuinely hope the folks (or maybe person? it seriously might be a one man band show going off their profile pic) who made this game do this with other popular titles from the time. They have literally nothing in their about section on Steam and it's the only game they have released but I think this design recipe would work for other titles too. They clearly got good feedback/reception from gamers on their first outing so here's to hoping they do more! I agree the sarcasm and jokes are great! The first and last time I really spent more time laughing while playing a game was the two newest South Park games which were like giant interactive episodes. Gameplay in UnMetal is good so far too. Die a few times here and there but nothing that gets me overly frustrated....yet at least lol. I also see there are multiple difficulty levels so depending on how the first play through goes there is the potential to up the challenge on subsequent play throughs. I'm pretty pumped about this game. :D my only regret is not finding it earlier. too bad I never saw your post you made about it, I would have picked it up back then!