• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What's your latest tech purchase?

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Well I've had a birthday been very bad and spent some money I suppose I shouldn't have but still.... It's a tech purchase thread, so here we go :D

View attachment 213164

Been looking at the blu rays for a long time now, so when I got the chance and they had been dropped in price, I thought, you know what.... Birthday treat :D

View attachment 213165View attachment 213166View attachment 213167

It came from the desert, sorry no, Ebay! Saw it up for sale and was a not hardly used model, so thought what the heck and grabbed it. All decent in box and opened but not used and £59 posted so thought that was pretty much a decent deal :)

View attachment 213168View attachment 213178View attachment 213179View attachment 213196

Ah yes, a server left in a box I was waiting for things on site to change for me but sadly not, so I decided to get it installed in the cabinet and worry about it later... Shame only a single CPU and 8GB of DDR3 RAM in there, so we'll do something about that soon enough :) I believe I've got a spare CPU or two and I am pretty sure I have a heatsink for it, so I'll get those installed soon and then hopefully get some work done on it :) I believe Mr Clamps @Solaris17 video tutorials will be helping me through so looking forward to it if I can get 5 minutes to do it.. Sophia there checking my work and making sure I'd got everything in place... I think she was a little worried about the amount of cables and such needed from behind the cabinet but I think I've enough to cover it.....

View attachment 213169View attachment 213174

Ah a few more pics of some recent hardware purchases... What was I thinking... Well I'm going team beige to start with! :) I had had another fan die in the little homeserver I have and I was getting fed up with swapping them out all the time so, I had a recommendation, I went with some of these and damn are they not cheap.... But, hopefully, I won't need to swap them out in a months time with another... The case I have my homeserver in is a Fractal Design 804, 4 120mm at the front, then a 120mm on the left and a 140mm on the right. So 6 fans where bought and thank god some where on sale!! :D £135 is kinda hard to swallow that's for sure....

View attachment 213170View attachment 213171View attachment 213172View attachment 213173View attachment 213175

The two B450 boards I was a little off my game here as I just saw a free mouse mat or something with them and thought, bargain... Well yes and no I think... But, I do have two 1700X CPUs and a PC I built for my Mum for my sisters girls I think needs an upgrade since they are running a dual core and 8GB of RAM, so the plan is 1700X, B450, 16GB and that'll do. I've recently re-flashed each of the 5 RX480 Strix I had mining a few months ago, but since I've turned them off I wanted them to get back to stock and doing something else and being useful again, so one will be headed back up to them with the 1700X which I think will make a massive difference over what they had. What I'll be doing with the other four cards, I'm not sure. I have sold one which I had recently got the money for, which was nice, so... Might do a giveaway I think with them... Not sure yet....

View attachment 213180View attachment 213181View attachment 213182

And finally, Isabelle couldn't believe her eyes when the two RTX 3070s I had had been sent from my mate in the US, finally turned up in the UK and more so to my home address some 2.5 months nearly later on... Jesus.... Not sure that 3 to 5 day postage time is holding it's own at the moment lol Still, grateful to have them, just waiting on a few more bits of kit to turn up now..... When he sends them!

View attachment 213176View attachment 213177View attachment 213183View attachment 213184View attachment 213185View attachment 213186View attachment 213187

Oh and some DDR3 for a mates rig, what a nightmare this stuff has been... Ordered 6 sticks 8GB DDR3 through Ebay... Guy packs it in a single bag, when I receive them I think oh dear, hope these work and well, eventually when I got around to testing and finding out 4 of the 6 sticks didn't work correctly, I was somewhat annoyed....
I got hold of the seller and said to him the problems with the pictures, and he'd sent me out two more sticks. I'm still waiting on 2 more replacement sticks as they have not yet turned up.. Here's hoping I don't have to go down the claim route cos I could really do without the hassles...... We'll soon see....

View attachment 213188View attachment 213189View attachment 213190View attachment 213191View attachment 213192

And here we are with the latest daft purcahse....
NVME PCIe Gen 3 storage... Now I'm very impressed with these and more so with the price. I saw them on Amazon for £75, now for 1TB NVME storage, even for Gen 3 speeds, that was a darn good bargain. Hell my 1TB SATA SSDs I bought a few months ago I think, I think where a little more expensive than that..... So when I saw them I thought I'd consider buying a few, then they went out of stock, then I stupidly went searching and saw them in Overclockers for the same money, I was weak and ordered 4 and ordered a 16GB RAM kit for my sisters PC I mentioned above, 3600MHz CL16, so nothing blowing out the water but something decent and more than enough for what they use.
But still, got two of the P5 drives installed into my X570 board, got them configured and was very impressed with their performance so was worth the cash I guess :D :D

If you managed to get through all of that text and rubbish, I applaud you!! :D :D

Here we are with a quick CrystalMarkInfo speed test for the two installed P5 drives....

View attachment 213197

It's a shame one of them isn't quite hitting the 3000MB/sec speeds but I believe this is down to the way it's connected on the motherboard... One to the CPU and one through the southbridge chip.... :)

Hi Phil, I also have a 1 TB Crucial P5 drive. I got it on a crazy good sale, $85. I really recommend you get some heatsinks on those bad boys if airflow isn't hitting them.

Also, after about 2 months use now, my drives don't have as good of scores as they first did. It's still pretty good, I'm happy I got it, but I wish I just spend the extra $90 on the Western Digital SN 850 1TB drive personally. but again can't complain for the price I paid, so it's all good.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
That looks sick! nice collection @phill
Thank you kind @Solaris17 :) I'm hoping to put the servers to good use and make ya proud ;) We'll have NASA up in here before you know it :laugh: :laugh:

Hi Phil, I also have a 1 TB Crucial P5 drive. I got it on a crazy good sale, $85. I really recommend you get some heatsinks on those bad boys if airflow isn't hitting them.

Also, after about 2 months use now, my drives don't have as good of scores as they first did. It's still pretty good, I'm happy I got it, but I wish I just spend the extra $90 on the Western Digital SN 850 1TB drive personally. but again can't complain for the price I paid, so it's all good.
Mine wasn't far off that pricing either mate, I paid £75.. I thought, screw it. There's no way I needed them really but I thought meh, I'm weak, I'll grab some lol :)

I'm not so worried about the scores as such, I don't need to wear them out with benchmarks but I'm guessing with use they will always get slower but hopefully not as slow as a SATA SSD else they will go back! :laugh:
What's the difference with the SN850 drives? Are they the gen 4 models or just a higher performing drive?

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Thank you kind @Solaris17 :) I'm hoping to put the servers to good use and make ya proud ;) We'll have NASA up in here before you know it :laugh: :laugh:

Mine wasn't far off that pricing either mate, I paid £75.. I thought, screw it. There's no way I needed them really but I thought meh, I'm weak, I'll grab some lol :)

I'm not so worried about the scores as such, I don't need to wear them out with benchmarks but I'm guessing with use they will always get slower but hopefully not as slow as a SATA SSD else they will go back! :laugh:
What's the difference with the SN850 drives? Are they the gen 4 models or just a higher performing drive?

SN850 gets 1 million IOPS read and yes is gen4, and crucial P5 1tb (once you install the OS and use it for a month or two) gets around 390k IOPS read, which is the same as my 5 year old 2TB SSD gets on read IOPS.

and from what I understand read IOPS are mostly what matters.

System Name The beast and the little runt.
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X - Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING - ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570
Cooling Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4a - NH-D15 chromax.black with IPPC Industrial 3000 RPM 120/140 MM fans.
Memory G.SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL GOLD/SILVER 32 GB (2 x 16 GB and 4 x 8 GB) 3600 MHz CL14-15-15-35 1.45 volts
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 4060 OC LOW PROFILE - GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC
Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB + 2 TB - Samsung 870 EVO 4 TB - 2 x WD RED PRO 16 GB + WD ULTRASTAR 22 TB
Display(s) Asus 27" TUF VG27AQL1A and a Dell 24" for dual setup
Case Phanteks Enthoo 719/LUXE 2 BLACK
Audio Device(s) Onboard on both boards
Power Supply Phanteks Revolt X 1200W
Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
Software WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BITS on both systems
Benchmark Scores Se more about my 2 in 1 system here: kortlink.dk/2ca4x
Well I've had a birthday been very bad and spent some money I suppose I shouldn't have but still.... It's a tech purchase thread, so here we go :D

View attachment 213164

Been looking at the blu rays for a long time now, so when I got the chance and they had been dropped in price, I thought, you know what.... Birthday treat :D

View attachment 213165View attachment 213166View attachment 213167

It came from the desert, sorry no, Ebay! Saw it up for sale and was a not hardly used model, so thought what the heck and grabbed it. All decent in box and opened but not used and £59 posted so thought that was pretty much a decent deal :)

View attachment 213168View attachment 213178View attachment 213179View attachment 213196

Ah yes, a server left in a box I was waiting for things on site to change for me but sadly not, so I decided to get it installed in the cabinet and worry about it later... Shame only a single CPU and 8GB of DDR3 RAM in there, so we'll do something about that soon enough :) I believe I've got a spare CPU or two and I am pretty sure I have a heatsink for it, so I'll get those installed soon and then hopefully get some work done on it :) I believe Mr Clamps @Solaris17 video tutorials will be helping me through so looking forward to it if I can get 5 minutes to do it.. Sophia there checking my work and making sure I'd got everything in place... I think she was a little worried about the amount of cables and such needed from behind the cabinet but I think I've enough to cover it.....

View attachment 213169View attachment 213174

Ah a few more pics of some recent hardware purchases... What was I thinking... Well I'm going team beige to start with! :) I had had another fan die in the little homeserver I have and I was getting fed up with swapping them out all the time so, I had a recommendation, I went with some of these and damn are they not cheap.... But, hopefully, I won't need to swap them out in a months time with another... The case I have my homeserver in is a Fractal Design 804, 4 120mm at the front, then a 120mm on the left and a 140mm on the right. So 6 fans where bought and thank god some where on sale!! :D £135 is kinda hard to swallow that's for sure....

View attachment 213170View attachment 213171View attachment 213172View attachment 213173View attachment 213175

The two B450 boards I was a little off my game here as I just saw a free mouse mat or something with them and thought, bargain... Well yes and no I think... But, I do have two 1700X CPUs and a PC I built for my Mum for my sisters girls I think needs an upgrade since they are running a dual core and 8GB of RAM, so the plan is 1700X, B450, 16GB and that'll do. I've recently re-flashed each of the 5 RX480 Strix I had mining a few months ago, but since I've turned them off I wanted them to get back to stock and doing something else and being useful again, so one will be headed back up to them with the 1700X which I think will make a massive difference over what they had. What I'll be doing with the other four cards, I'm not sure. I have sold one which I had recently got the money for, which was nice, so... Might do a giveaway I think with them... Not sure yet....

View attachment 213180View attachment 213181View attachment 213182

And finally, Isabelle couldn't believe her eyes when the two RTX 3070s I had had been sent from my mate in the US, finally turned up in the UK and more so to my home address some 2.5 months nearly later on... Jesus.... Not sure that 3 to 5 day postage time is holding it's own at the moment lol Still, grateful to have them, just waiting on a few more bits of kit to turn up now..... When he sends them!

View attachment 213176View attachment 213177View attachment 213183View attachment 213184View attachment 213185View attachment 213186View attachment 213187

Oh and some DDR3 for a mates rig, what a nightmare this stuff has been... Ordered 6 sticks 8GB DDR3 through Ebay... Guy packs it in a single bag, when I receive them I think oh dear, hope these work and well, eventually when I got around to testing and finding out 4 of the 6 sticks didn't work correctly, I was somewhat annoyed....
I got hold of the seller and said to him the problems with the pictures, and he'd sent me out two more sticks. I'm still waiting on 2 more replacement sticks as they have not yet turned up.. Here's hoping I don't have to go down the claim route cos I could really do without the hassles...... We'll soon see....

View attachment 213188View attachment 213189View attachment 213190View attachment 213191View attachment 213192

And here we are with the latest daft purcahse....
NVME PCIe Gen 3 storage... Now I'm very impressed with these and more so with the price. I saw them on Amazon for £75, now for 1TB NVME storage, even for Gen 3 speeds, that was a darn good bargain. Hell my 1TB SATA SSDs I bought a few months ago I think, I think where a little more expensive than that..... So when I saw them I thought I'd consider buying a few, then they went out of stock, then I stupidly went searching and saw them in Overclockers for the same money, I was weak and ordered 4 and ordered a 16GB RAM kit for my sisters PC I mentioned above, 3600MHz CL16, so nothing blowing out the water but something decent and more than enough for what they use.
But still, got two of the P5 drives installed into my X570 board, got them configured and was very impressed with their performance so was worth the cash I guess :D :D

If you managed to get through all of that text and rubbish, I applaud you!! :D :D

Here we are with a quick CrystalMarkInfo speed test for the two installed P5 drives....

View attachment 213197

It's a shame one of them isn't quite hitting the 3000MB/sec speeds but I believe this is down to the way it's connected on the motherboard... One to the CPU and one through the southbridge chip.... :)
That's a nice little spending spree you had there and a early Christmas in August.

Well as you know, I had my spree and Christmas in June.

But it's time for a counter attack, so two words: build log, build log, build log:p

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
SN850 gets 1 million IOPS read and yes is gen4, and crucial P5 1tb (once you install the OS and use it for a month or two) gets around 390k IOPS read, which is the same as my 5 year old 2TB SSD gets on read IOPS.

and from what I understand read IOPS are mostly what matters.
Ah, well if it's hitting 7GB/sec instead of 3GB+/sec then I can see why :) The Gen 4 stuff I find is way crazy over priced for the size of them and the performance, well, numbers... Bigger better and all that jazz but does Windows work any better at all?? I mean I'm still using SATA SSDs for my OS... The rest is such a mixture and mess, I've not even started thinking about :D I'll have another check over it in a month or so's time but there's not been much happening with them at the moment.. Just extra ultra quick storage at the moment :)
That's a nice little spending spree you had there and a early Christmas in August.

Well as you know, I had my spree and Christmas in June.

But it's time for a counter attack, so two words: build log, build log, build log:p
Thanks Tomgang, I just saw this and thought, yeah why not :laugh: Very much didn't need any of it but when I saw the storage so cheap and the Amiga documentary cheaper again, I thought, what the heck:D :D

Ah, everything will be going in the build log matey, just a click away from there in the sig :D :D It's a dangerous place to click mind... Some say it might blind your eyes and not because it's awesome either!! :D ;) I've got a few things I can update in there as well, so I'll see if I can get and do that in a bit.... Still a few bits waiting on hopefully we'll get them at some point :D

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R7 5800X3D
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Frozen Edge 360, 3x TL-B12 V2, 2x TL-B12 V1
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) JBL Bar 700
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1000, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
Happy Birthday!

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Ah, well if it's hitting 7GB/sec instead of 3GB+/sec then I can see why :) The Gen 4 stuff I find is way crazy over priced for the size of them and the performance, well, numbers... Bigger better and all that jazz but does Windows work any better at all?? I mean I'm still using SATA SSDs for my OS... The rest is such a mixture and mess, I've not even started thinking about :D I'll have another check over it in a month or so's time but there's not been much happening with them at the moment.. Just extra ultra quick storage at the moment :)

Thanks Tomgang, I just saw this and thought, yeah why not :laugh: Very much didn't need any of it but when I saw the storage so cheap and the Amiga documentary cheaper again, I thought, what the heck:D :D

Ah, everything will be going in the build log matey, just a click away from there in the sig :D :D It's a dangerous place to click mind... Some say it might blind your eyes and not because it's awesome either!! :D ;) I've got a few things I can update in there as well, so I'll see if I can get and do that in a bit.... Still a few bits waiting on hopefully we'll get them at some point :D

yeah, I agree, that is why I kept mine, it's not a big deal. for $85 I couldn't beat it.

System Name The beast and the little runt.
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X - Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING - ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570
Cooling Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4a - NH-D15 chromax.black with IPPC Industrial 3000 RPM 120/140 MM fans.
Memory G.SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL GOLD/SILVER 32 GB (2 x 16 GB and 4 x 8 GB) 3600 MHz CL14-15-15-35 1.45 volts
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 4060 OC LOW PROFILE - GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC
Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB + 2 TB - Samsung 870 EVO 4 TB - 2 x WD RED PRO 16 GB + WD ULTRASTAR 22 TB
Display(s) Asus 27" TUF VG27AQL1A and a Dell 24" for dual setup
Case Phanteks Enthoo 719/LUXE 2 BLACK
Audio Device(s) Onboard on both boards
Power Supply Phanteks Revolt X 1200W
Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
Software WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BITS on both systems
Benchmark Scores Se more about my 2 in 1 system here: kortlink.dk/2ca4x

Good, will se that build log. Link in, when ready.

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃X570 Impact
Cooling NH-U12A + T30┃AXP120-x67
Memory 64GB 6400CL32┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Case Caselabs S3┃Lazer3D HT5
SN750 started dying about 2 weeks ago. Started doing the disappearing act, and constantly errored out when I put it in the external enclosure. Since I know for sure the 5900X isn't like my cancer-ridden 3700X, immediately alarm bells were ringing so I copied everything off and ran diskpart clean all. WD RMA process is easy.

RMA replacement arrived today, the way they packaged it snugly was pretty cool, not seen this before. Still not sure whether I want to put it in the 4.0 CPU slot and clean install Windows onto it (and bet on not buying a 4.0 drive anytime soon), or keep going with it in one of the 3.0 x2 chipset slots as a data drive with Windows still on my old SX8200. I guess I wouldn't have this problem if the Unify-X was a X570 board.

IMG_20210820_174252.jpg
IMG_20210820_174200.jpg

System Name PC-GX1
Processor i9 10900 non K (stock) TDP 65w
Motherboard asrock b560 steel legend | Realtek ALC897
Cooling cooler master hyper 2x12 LED turbo argb | 5x12cm fan rgb intake | 3x12cm fan rgb exhaust
Memory corsair vengeance LPX 2x32gb ddr4 3600mhz
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 10GB Gaming Z Trio LHR TDP 370w| 560.81 WHQL | MSI AB v4.65 | RTSS v7.36
Storage NVME 2+2TB gen3| SSD 4TB sata3 | 1+2TB 7200rpm sata3| 4+4+5TB USB3 (optional)
Display(s) AOC U34P2C (IPS panel, 3440x1440 75hz) + speaker 5W*2 | APC BX1100CI MS (660w)
Case lianli lancool 2 mesh RGB windows - white edition | 1x dvd-RW usb 3.0 (optional)
Audio Device(s) Nakamichi soundstation8w 2.1 100W RMS | Simbadda CST 9000N+ 2.1 352W RMS
Power Supply seasonic focus gx-850w 80+ gold - white edition 2021 | APC BX2200MI MS (1200w)
Mouse steelseries sensei ten | logitech g440
Keyboard steelseries apex 5 | steelseries QCK prism cloth XL | steelseries arctis 5
VR HMD -
Software dvd win 10 home 64bit oem + full update 22H2
Benchmark Scores -
this month.....my new LCd monitor, my new mouse and keyboard..... also, my new usb 3.0 hub.....

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
stock Nikon lens VRII to replace the broken one :D
20210807_194825.jpg

Engenius AP
sometimes i just wanna try it
20210814_143310.jpg

Many talking about gaming mouse with RGB effect, what about cheap mouse with RGB effect?
actually not too bad, for $2 you have light mouse with RGB effect but the switches, you can't expect more for that price
20210821_120809.jpg

And another tenda router
20210815_172312.jpg

:nutkick:

ixi

stock Nikon lens VRII to replace the broken one :D
View attachment 213525

Engenius AP
sometimes i just wanna try it
View attachment 213526

Many talking about gaming mouse with RGB effect, what about cheap mouse with RGB effect?
actually not too bad, for $2 you have light mouse with RGB effect but the switches, you can't expect more for that price
View attachment 213528

And another tenda router
View attachment 213527
:nutkick:

Why genius and tenda? Just for testing or something else?

System Name Lynni PS \ Lenowo TwinkPad L14 G2
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700 Raphael \ i5-1135G7 Tiger Lake-U
Motherboard ASRock B650M PG Riptide Bios v. 2.02 AMD AGESA 1.1.0.0 \ Lenowo BDPLANAR Bios 1.68
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black (Only middle fan) \ Lenowo C-267C-2
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHZ CL36-36-36-96 AMD EXPO \ Willk Elektronik 2x16GB 2666MHZ CL17
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX™ 4070 Dual OC GPU: 2325-2355 MEM: 1462| Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics
Storage Gigabyte M30 1TB|Sabrent Rocket 2TB| HDD: 10TB|1TB \ WD RED SN700 1TB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 27GP850-B 1440p@165Hz | LG 48CX OLED 4K HDR | Innolux 14" 1080p
Case Asus Prime AP201 White Mesh | Lenowo L14 G2 chassis
Audio Device(s) Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 750W Goldie | 65W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeedy Wireless | Lenowo TouchPad & Logitech G305
Keyboard Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize | L14 G2 UK Lumi
Software Win11 Pro 23H2 UK | Win11 LTSC UK / Arch (Fan)
Benchmark Scores 3DMARK: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/89434432? GPU-Z: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details/v3zbr
SN750 started dying about 2 weeks ago. Started doing the disappearing act, and constantly errored out when I put it in the external enclosure. Since I know for sure the 5900X isn't like my cancer-ridden 3700X, immediately alarm bells were ringing so I copied everything off and ran diskpart clean all. WD RMA process is easy.

RMA replacement arrived today, the way they packaged it snugly was pretty cool, not seen this before. Still not sure whether I want to put it in the 4.0 CPU slot and clean install Windows onto it (and bet on not buying a 4.0 drive anytime soon), or keep going with it in one of the 3.0 x2 chipset slots as a data drive with Windows still on my old SX8200. I guess I wouldn't have this problem if the Unify-X was a X570 board.

View attachment 213508View attachment 213509
Hmm, I relay on WD for HDD's and been thinking about their SSD's never purchased one because the prices was the same ally as Samsung so I always went Samsung but lately they are so hot they are annoying.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
I bought a wifi repeater for a friend that cost $13 Au and i expect to be total shit, as well as a sound isolation shield for my blue yeti... should make interesting pics when they arrive

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Hmm, I relay on WD for HDD's and been thinking about their SSD's never purchased one because the prices was the same ally as Samsung so I always went Samsung but lately they are so hot they are annoying.

I think I've bought 2 x SN550, 2 x Blue 3D M.2, 2 x Blue 3D 2.5", and 1 x SN750 so far. Everything is impeccable except for the SN750, which does get a little warm. SN550 is one of my all-time fave recommendations, I don't have anything against Samsung (still using an 850 EVO), they're just expensive for what they offer. Not a big fan of WD HDDs, but I have an old 1TB Black and 1TB Blue that I dock occasionally for archiving stuff

I'm starting to suspect the two middle M.2 slots on the Unify-X don't work very well as the new drive started disappearing as well. Both have this switch that toggles between 3.0 x2 from chipset (no CPU lane-sharing) or 4.0 x4 from CPU (lane-sharing). I moved the SN750 so now I have it in the top 3.0/4.0 x4 slot (CPU), with the SX8200 in the bottom 3.0 x4 slot (chipset).

System Name His & Hers
Processor R7 5800X/ R7 7950X3D Stock
Motherboard X670E Aorus Pro X/ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
Cooling Corsair h150 elite/ Corsair h115i Platinum
Memory Trident Z5 Neo 6000/ 32 GB 3200 CL14 @3800 CL16 Team T Force Nighthawk
Video Card(s) Evga FTW 3 Ultra 3080ti/ Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090
Storage lots of SSD.
Display(s) A whole bunch OLED, VA, IPS.....
Case 011 Dynamic XL/ Phanteks Evolv X
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro + gaming Dac/ Corsair sp 2500/ Logitech G560/Samsung Q990B
Power Supply Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 1000w/850w
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed/ Logitech G Pro Hero.
Keyboard Logitech - G915 LIGHTSPEED / Logitech G Pro
System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
Why genius and tenda? Just for testing or something else?
engenius is for testing
tenda has better coverage in my office, tplink is good too but some model is hard to find here

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 7800x3D
Motherboard x670e Asus Crosshair Hero
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB Elite
Memory 2x32 Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB, Samsung 980 1TB, Teamgroup MP34 4TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx + 2x AOC 2425W
Case Fractal Design Meshify Lite 2
Audio Device(s) Blue Yeti + SteelSeries Arctis 5 / Samsung HW-T550
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Professional
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
Y'know, sometimes EVGA B-stock has some goodies at good prices.

Test bench was a 450w, now it's 850w. Gotta say I feel a bit better knowing I can overclock say, a GTX580 and more and not fear explosions.

Bonus pic of test bench. Needs some shelves.

That stain on the left side won't come out. I think it was a mocha frappe.

System Name serenity now/Faithul Eight
Processor Amd 2400g/Amd 3800x
Motherboard Asrock ab350m Pro 4/Asrock x570 Taichi
Cooling CM Masterair G100M/Wraith
Memory G.skill 2x4gb 3200/2x16 gb 3600 G.skill
Video Card(s) igpu vega 11/3070 oc Palit
Storage Apacer pcie ssd 240 gb/Adata 512gb nvme
Display(s) 50" LG 4k hdr
Case scratch build
Power Supply inter tech 650w 80+bronze/850 phantex pro
Software Ubuntu bionic beaver 18.04 lts/W10
Belated Birthday gift for my kid , she pretty much abandoned her msi apache after she got this.
signal-2021-07-06-151334.jpeg

Yeah it is Aple but she uses Procreate a lot so i do not mind :D 12.9 inch variant.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Just a power strip that I plugged in to use with phone chargers, ds4 and old stereo receiver.

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i5-12600KF 'stock power limits/-115mV undervolt+contact frame'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/@950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
P10821-130445.jpg

P10821-155647.jpg

Welp, so this just happened cause reasons.:oops:
I was browsing the second hand market and honestly at this point I got tired of the prices and everything new is way way out of my budget range.

Yeh I took a risk with this as its not exactly new but its in a good condition + previous owner changed thermal pads and paste recently so I went for it and its also a fairly premium model so I trusted it more.
+ I met the seller in person and checked the card.

Performance is enough for my needs, ~1 year ago I tested a 1660 Super for a day and I was fine with that but I missed out on buying one at the time.
This is close as it gets, a bit better actually + 2 gigs of Vram so now I can finally max out Doom Eternal.:laugh: '7.5 gigs Vram with my native res,yikes'

Cooler on this thing is impressive tbh, in my case its staying around 65-68 celsius in demanding games and only 33-40% fan speed and thats dead silent.
Boosts up to ~1940 Mhz core with factory settings.

Now only to sell my RX 570, they fetch decent monies on the second hand market here so better do that while I can. 'thought about keeping it but with such prices and I'm not exactly swimming in money'

Kinda funny how I always own Nvidia card then AMD then Nvidia and this repeats.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
View attachment 213633
View attachment 213634

I was browsing the second hand market and honestly at this point I got tired of the prices and everything new is way way out of my budget range.

Yeh I took a risk with this as its not exactly new but its in a good condition + previous owner changed thermal pads and paste recently so I went for it and its also a fairly premium model so I trusted it more.

Performance is enough for my needs, ~1 year ago I tested a 1660 Super for a day and I was fine with that but I missed out on buying one at the time.
This is close as it gets, a bit better actually + 2 gigs of Vram so now I can finally max out Doom Eternal.:laugh: '7.5 gigs Vram with my native res,yikes'

Cooler on this thing is impressive tbh, in my case its staying around 65-68 celsius in demanding games and only 33-40% fan speed and thats dead silent.

Now only to sell my RX 570, they fetch decent monies on the second hand market here so better do that while I can. 'thought about keeping it but with such prices and I'm not exactly swimming in money'

I have the SC version of the card and I'm still happy with it :) I'd say anything up to about 50% fan is silent/quiet :)

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
I have the SC version of the card and I'm still happy with it :) I'd say anything up to about 50% fan is silent/quiet :)

Was happy with my SC ACX 3.0 for 5 years, now my friend is happy with it :) I still think it's the sexiest card ever made, especially with a window

If I had a 1080 Ti ACX 3.0 or Classified I probably would have not bought the 2060 Super and still have it, to show off in my Cerberus X with the windowed panel - sadly while the FE is sleek it just doesn't have the sexy illuminated ACX 3.0 nameplate

Last edited:

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
View attachment 213633

Awww the 1070 has little boomerangs!

CULTURAL APPROPRIATION, REEEEE