• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Xbox Introduces Enforcement Strike System

Status
Not open for further replies.
because everyone deserves a place to comfortably be themselves online, free from harassment and bullying
there's a real easy solution to that - just stop pugging!

People were this way before Facebook and Twitter. MySpace was the same or Yahoo. I deleted MySpace account because people were creating drama even back then and due to some really silly events.
I hope Microsoft's idea works, God only know how much it is needed these days.

System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple proprietary M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple proprietary M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary onboard 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG UltraFine 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S (hosted on a different PC)
Software macOS Sonoma 14.7
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12 Pro. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
People were this way before Facebook and Twitter. MySpace was the same or Yahoo. I deleted MySpace account because people were creating drama even back then and due to some really silly events.
I hope Microsoft's idea works, God only know how much it is needed these days.

Sure, all of these social networks seem to have their own trajectory. I mentioned Twitter and Facebook because most people here have memory of using those still active services. MySpace has been moribund for about ten years.

Service operators can take pro-active steps to reduce this negative behavior or they can watch their community wither and die.

Some people here think that sticking your head in the sand or fiddling while Rome burns is a viable solution. It's not.

the54thvoid

Super Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
The only intolerance comes from the people trying to be inclusive. "WE'RE TRYING TO BE MORE INCLUSIVE, I DON'T LIKE WHAT HE SAYS! EXCLUDE HIM!"

Yeah...? Cos banning books about different lifestyles isn't against freedom of speech?

You'll find both sides trying to cancel each other out. Don't pretend it's the fault of one side.

hey Pooch here, if I may make a point? They put cheating on the same lowest level crime as profanity, so that tells you how much they care about YOUR gaming experience.

how do you cheat in a controlled virtual environment that doesnt allow cheating? you dont, you hack it from the outside. Hacking is low level crime in MS eyes.

It's trivial to trigger some into a frenzy without doing anything bannable yourself. They operate completely on their emotions and, in my experience, have little to no self control. A couple sentences in and you can get a "kill yourself" out of them or something similar -> report -> banned lol. It's funny that the people supporting a multi-billion dollar corporation policing speech to "protect" them are the ones who will get screwed hardest by this.

Reporting is its own game and I always win :^)

Last edited by a moderator:
Case Apple proprietary
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12 Pro. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
hey Pooch here, if I may make a point? They put cheating on the same lowest level crime as profanity, so that tells you how much they care about YOUR gaming experience.

how do you cheat in a controlled virtual environment that doesnt allow cheating? you dont, you hack it from the outside. Hacking is low level crime in MS eyes.

Microsoft Xbox is always free to change their enforcement strike system rules just like traffic laws have evolved over the decades.

In fact, it is likely that there will be some sort of tuning of these regulations in the future. However, this is (another) step in the right direction to make online play a more pleasant experience. After all, the MAIN point of playing videogames is to have fun.

Fisticuffs were common occurrences both on and off the field during baseball games around the turn of the century. Both are banned now.

At some point, the NHL will ban player fighting. It should have happened thirty years ago but there's a certain faction of nasty humans who seem to revel in such activity defending it with proclamations of "it's part of the game!" No, it's not. It's part of the league. There's no fighting in high school, collegiate, women, international hockey.

If videogaming is going to thrive, this sort of verbal nastiness needs to be addressed.

There has always been cheating in any sort of competition that humans have ever participated in. Hell, for a number of years, the Tour de France was really a blood doping cycling exhibition. Literally years of results were vacated and rules were changed.

Ideally a game is a fun competition between individuals. If care isn't taken, it will drift away from that because some people think winning is more important using cheating and bad behavior as tools to accomplish that goal.

Rampant cheating has destroyed some videogames. It's not that companies are ignoring it, but bad behavior is more immediately visible to everyone -- even just pure spectators.

Last edited:
Processor Intel i7 77OOK
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus something
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S dual fan
Memory Ballistix 32 Go
Video Card(s) MSI 3060 Gaming X
Storage Mixed bag of M2 SSD and SATA SSD
Display(s) MSI 34" 3440x1440 Artimys 343CQR
Case Old Corsair Obsidian something
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Old Antec HCG 620 still running good
Mouse Steelseries something
Keyboard Steelseries someting too
Benchmark Scores bench ? no time to lose with bench ! :)
There is a simple solution : disable chat, or only with your friends.
It's the 1st thing i disable when playing online.

Processor i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz (H2O Cooled)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Cooling CPU = EK Velocity / GPU = EK Vector
Memory 32GB - G-Skill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHz
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6900 XT (H2O Cooled)
Storage Samsung 860 EVO - 970 EVO - 870 QVO
Display(s) Samsung QN90A 50" 4K TV & LG 20" 1600x900
Case Lian Li O11-D
Audio Device(s) Presonus Studio 192
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 850W
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2S
Keyboard Matias RGB Backlit Keyboard
Software Windows 10 & macOS (Hackintosh)
Learn how to use the mute button or grow thicker skin.
remember when our elders use to tell us "stick and stones may break your bones, but names will never hurt me" ?

I'm not even that old, but am old enough to say, we used to call these types of people who went out of their way to tell on so and so for doing such and such a "tattle-tail". you did not want to be the tattle tail in your school class. now-a-days, it seems to be encouraged to be that person.

so to reiterate your point I think you're making, it's best to just ignore those type of people. the fact they would get under your skin enough to force you to want to go out of your way to report them is evident enough that they won. just ignore them, that is how you win

System Name boomer--->zoomer not your typical millenial build
Processor i5-760 @ 3.8ghz + turbo ~goes wayyyyyyyyy fast cuz turboooooz~
Motherboard P55-GD80 ~best motherboard ever designed~
Cooling NH-D15 ~double stack thot twerk all day~
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix LP ~memory gone AWOL~
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 ~*~GOLDEN EDITION~*~ RAWRRRRRR
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo (OS X, *nix), 128GB Samsung 840 Pro (W10 Pro), 1TB SpinPoint F3 ~best in class
Display(s) ASUS VW246H ~best 24" you've seen *FULL HD* *1O80PP* *SLAPS*~
Case FT02-W ~the W stands for white but it's brushed aluminum except for the disgusting ODD bays; *cries*
Audio Device(s) A LOT
Power Supply 850W EVGA SuperNova G2 ~hot fire like champagne~
Mouse CM Spawn ~cmcz R c00l seth mcfarlane darawss~
Keyboard CM QF Rapid - Browns ~fastrrr kees for fstr teens~
Software integrated into the chassis
Benchmark Scores 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
Given there are entire countries run by bigots I’d say ignoring them is not the best advice (saying this as someone who doesn’t vote for the dnc or rnc in the us)

I’m against telling on people too, but there has to be some middle-ground in video games if players aren’t going to band together to ostracize those who bandy about the n and f words, for example. Given the nature of online gaming, the lack of such organization makes sense, and it makes sense that publishers and providers that want their communities to thrive would discourage things that prevent that thriving

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 9950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage Intel 905p Optane 960GB boot, +2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11 Enterprise IoT 2024
This system will be SO easy to abuse. Somebody says "F!& you man" in COD? Well, file a complaint to MS, say you're a transitioning NB etc, and boom! There's a 7 day ban for the guy who you just went 0-8 against!
You could just try.. being decent? I don't need to be "transitioning" to have a right to report the behavior you just described.

The only intolerance comes from the people trying to be inclusive. "WE'RE TRYING TO BE MORE INCLUSIVE, I DON'T LIKE WHAT HE SAYS! EXCLUDE HIM!"
Yeah, we don't have to tolerate intolerance, nice try though.

System Name Boomer Master Race
Processor Intel Core i5 12600H
Motherboard MinisForum NAB6 Lite Board
Cooling Mini PC Cooling
Memory Apacer 16GB 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Intel Iris Xe Graphics
Storage Kingston 512GB SSD
Display(s) Sony 4K Bravia X85J 43Inch TV 120Hz
Case MinisForum NAB6 Lite Case
Audio Device(s) Built In Realtek Digital Audio HD
Power Supply 120w External Power Brick
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Atrix RGB Slim Keyboard
VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
Software Windows 11 Home 64bit
Benchmark Scores Don't do them anymore.
God this generation is full of p***sies, bring back the delicious COD Xbox 360 COD lobbies, they were glorious lmao. Just reading these comments I never knew TPU was filled with little manlets.

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar b650m wifi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 30CL6000
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Lian Li A3 mATX White
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W11 IoT Enterprise LTSC
I think they just have to be realistic in their goals. Getting a bunch of pissed off, over caffeinated, adderall raging 15 year olds to conform to their ideal corporate behavioral standards is an exercise in futility. "Enforcement Stacking User Journey" definitely leads me to believe they have some skewed ideas on how people will respond to stuff like this. I'm glad they're being transparent with how the strike system works but I sure hope no employees have the success of this project tied to their quarterly performance reports...
Well looking at the process it does seem a system built on leniency and second chances, which is good and fits the target market. I also like how the users have direct access to the information kept on them - that kind of data transparency is exemplary, including the easy path to get an appeal going.

And to be honest there are big differences in platform atmosphere on the many different online spaces, and a lot of it IS down to good moderation.

System Name Shadow Warrior
Processor 7800x3d
Motherboard Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB White
Memory 64GB 6000Mhz cl30
Video Card(s) XFX 7900XT
Storage 12TB NVME + 16TB SSD + 2x12TB 5400rpm
Display(s) HP X34 Ultrawide 165hz
Case Fractal Design Define 7 (modded)
Audio Device(s) Sound BlasterX AE-5+ / Topping DX5 Lite (Dan Clark Audio Aeon2 closed)
Power Supply Corsair hx1000i
Mouse Roccat Kain 120 aimo / Roccat Burst Pro
Keyboard Cherry Stream 3.0 SX-switches
VR HMD Quest 1, Pico 4 128GB
Software Win11 x64
God this generation is full of p***sies, bring back the delicious COD Xbox 360 COD lobbies, they were glorious lmao. Just reading these comments I never knew TPU was filled with little manlets.
This is often funny cos it so often means that the person saying this hides behind a surface of "macho".
Not that it matters to me, I can take a lot but mostly it's common stupidity which I cannot stand, and it often comes from those without much self-control, those who need to push others down in order to elevate themselves.
In any bar, or public place if people can't behave they'll eventually be showed to the door, is it so hard to control yourselves online?
Heck, behave badly on forums and you'll get kicked out as well..

Case Apple proprietary
Not that it matters to me, I can take a lot but mostly it's common stupidity which I cannot stand, and it often comes from those without much self-control, those who need to push others down in order to elevate themselves.

Usually that behavior stems from deeply rooted insecurity.

In 2023, these videogame comments have essentially turned into an SNL parody of videogame comments.

the54thvoid

Super Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10

Well, I'm 50. Not 'this' generation, but I'm not happy with folk being abusive and cowardly behind a fucking keyboard There's a big difference betwen teamspeak, mumble, and discord, where familiar people rightly trash talk one another (often with atrocious language). But when an open channel fuck stick tells me he's fucked my n***** mum, I don't take kindly to that sort of offence that in real life would end in with him sparked out on the pavement.

So, no. Your sentiments are exactly the problem with modern gaming. I mean, you'd not dream of walking into a hardcore biker bar full of psycho strangers and tell them all they're all a bunch of c****. Get real.

Edit: apologies if this sounds harsh but people need to differentiate between how they interact with friends (no holds barred), and how their behaviour might influence or upset others.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 9950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage Intel 905p Optane 960GB boot, +2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11 Enterprise IoT 2024
Yeah, glorious for you maybe. That's part of the problem.

Case Apple proprietary
Some people thrive on toxicity. The TPU Q&A forum is no exception.

Pity.

Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo (OS X, *nix), 128GB Samsung 840 Pro (W10 Pro), 1TB SpinPoint F3 ~best in class
Case FT02-W ~the W stands for white but it's brushed aluminum except for the disgusting ODD bays; *cries*
Audio Device(s) A LOT
Benchmark Scores 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
Calling people manlets like he’s a thirsty bear and can’t even spell out the word for cats smdh is this your champion?

Processor 7800X3D
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Mouse XTRFY M42
Yeah...? Cos banning books about different lifestyles isn't against freedom of speech?

You'll find both sides trying to cancel each other out. Don't pretend it's the fault of one side.
That 'battle' really isn't about acceptance... its about de-escalation. We had that in places, now its gone, and the real cause is social media.

When you meet people IRL, everyone generally loves to de-escalate. Escalation in real life is stress. But on the internet, it's entertainment and ad revenue.

While I did have my share of teenage fun in the good old lobbies all over the place (and WoW... oh man... those were the days!) I can't say the whole thing was, well, elevating things to good levels of gameplay. It was however for sure not as boring as shit as it is now online. People were new to online etiquette back then and it was mighty fun. You just didn't even go there if you didn't have mental body armor. At least that was my impression, but not everyone kept their cool for sure :D The rage... glorious. But yeah, public lobbies. They're a mess even today :)

That definitely is a generational thing though, youth these days are SO TIMID. Holy crap... domesticated from birth, and/or taken the heavy Covid blow, I don't know but yeah, its something and its definitely too soft for this world. It feels as if lots of people reason and talk from a basis of fear, these days. That's also why things escalate so quickly and nuance is often gone. The #MeToo affair and all of its copycats is a another example, I won't deny there was filth going on but this is pandora's box, everyone who ever felt unsafe anywhere at any time is now a victim. The amount of false positives is on the rise, too. I spoke of thought police earlier in the topic... this is it and its not a good thing. People aren't going to open up and talk if everyone's swinging banhammers.

Last edited:
Audio Device(s) A LOT
Yeah lemme deescalate racism by denying it exists and suggesting slavery is beneficial for minorities and slave owners are actually very generous to enslave others… wtf are you talking about

Processor 7800X3D
Mouse XTRFY M42
Yeah lemme deescalate racism by denying it exists and suggesting slavery is beneficial for minorities and slave owners are actually very generous to enslave others… wtf are you talking about
See, instant escalation ;) Chill, buddy.

People complaining about toxicity are usually the bottom players. When I was growing up, we had community servers, mods in Counter-Strike and we were talking about anything, insulting at will, we had fun.

There is no mute button in RL. This concept of toxicity is hilarious, in order to develop as a normal human being, you have to experience the good and the bad. And this muh "toxicity" narrative, safe spaces and other nonsense is the prime reason behind extraordinary neurotic youth nowadays, can't challenge anyone and everything is offensive.

Imagine being on platform you get 1 days suspension for a mean word and "hatespeech" is worse than cheating LOL. My sides.

Case Apple proprietary
People complaining about toxicity are usually the bottom players. When I was growing up, we had community servers, mods in Counter-Strike and we were talking about anything, insulting at will, we had fun.

There is no mute button in RL. This concept of toxicity is hilarious, in order to develop as a normal human being, you have to experience the good and the bad. And this muh "toxicity" narrative, safe spaces and other nonsense is the prime reason behind extraordinary neurotic youth nowadays, can't challenge anyone and everything is offensive.

Imagine being on platform you get 1 days suspension for a mean word and "hatespeech" is worse than cheating LOL. My sides.
Actually there are laws against hate speech and bullying these days and enforced in some places more than others. Schools are an easy example. But even something like a grade school sports team has a code of conduct.

That sort of behavior will get you fired from any companies too.

There's plenty of bad things on this planet without having to encourage them.

You are also ignoring the fact that there is a substantial dollar figure attached to the videogame industry. Having more happy players is a better financial outlook than having a tiny core group of extremely despicable humans. Businesses are rewarded for shareholder value growth. Letting a bunch of misogynists run around and make an increasingly larger group of people miserable it not a fiscally sound business strategy.

Remember that with live service games and SaaS, player engagement and continuous participation is an integral part of the revenue stream. A player that rage quits because of a-holes being a-holes isn't going to cough up $5 for that skin.

But that's definitely beyond the scope of understanding of this forum's more feeble minded participants...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.