• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AAF Optimus DCH Audio Modded Driver for Windows 10/11 - For ALL HDAUDIO Enumerator Chips

bernd_b

Does this package offer Dolby Atmos for Headphones? Is it included in one of the three possible selections under "Install Dolby"?
Or does this depend on the hardware I have?

And what about this
"ALTERNATIVE INSTALLER (REPACK BY ME - WITH PRESETS FOR HEADPHONES AND STEREO + AAF OPTIMUS PRESETS)"
in the initial post?
When I download it and fire it up, a videodownloader app is asking to be installed?
But is this for soundblaster card only anyway?

But my board is a cheap Asus Prime B250M-C with a Intel Display Audio (for HDMI?!) and a Realtek ALC887 chipset.

I comes with the Dolby driver that would install the Sound Unbound app and there you may select Headphone X. You can try it in any hardware but of course you won't need if you own a licensed Dolby Speaker/headphones and so.

The link to the repack you are asking, is about an app called X-Fi by Soundblaster developer and audio hardware manufacturer . It is presented in al alternative installer as ( I guess ) sometimes it can not be installed right and thus can not get activated right. So the alternative and original installer us4e different methods to copy and patch the files to make it work. Personally I don't use it but If I had to, I'll install it manually. You may Google for that.

You better install an adblocker to prevent downloading crap that is not related to the actual download. You may be facing a Megaup tricking advertising.

Everything could work in your mobo but you may be having issues with secure boot if something does not seem to work

@Ferather By any chance, is there a way to invert an equalizer config in EQ apo ? I'm trying to do so with the frequency response of a pair of headphones to see how it ends.

Last edited:

bernd_b

O.K, I can see the dts-x stuff which offers an explicit headphone mode even configurable with hdmi audio.

The Dolby Access app offers its services only through the 3.5mm analogue output port. Dolby Atmos for Headphones seems to be something I have to buy in addition anyway, at least it is offered to buy it in the Microsoft Store. My Test License has ended in between.

Maybe because my motherboard doesn't offer a digital output, I can see no option for live encoding - either to dts nor Dolby (ac3/eac3).

Thanks for clarifying things.

O.K, I can see the dts-x stuff which offers an explicit headphone mode even configurable with hdmi audio.

The Dolby Access app offers its services only through the 3.5mm analogue output port. Dolby Atmos for Headphones seems to be something I have to buy in addition anyway, at least it is offered to buy it in the Microsoft Store. My Test License has ended in between.

Maybe because my motherboard doesn't offer a digital output, I can see no option for live encoding - either to dts nor Dolby (ac3/eac3).

Thanks for clarifying things.
Well, you need to disable the automatic app store updated otherwise it would renew and invalidate the included app license .
I guess you can only get live encoding when the currently selected audio device is actually capable of output digital data. Multi channel HDMi should count

He is in a pure PCM situation, no compressed PCM.

At the PC end, all audio devices receive and process PCM, at the end it can be a DAC, which then converts, or digital transmitter (SPDIF-HDMI, other), which transmits digital.
The software you see such as Dolby, DTS, Nahimic, Sonic Studio and so on, are all PCM processors. There can also be an encoder just before the end.

Even with an encoder at the end (which inputs PCM and outputs Dolby-DTS), will still have PCM processing prior to encoding.

-----

AutoEq - Select headphones, on the right select Equalizer APO, Parametric EQ (P-EQ also works on SFX).

bernd_b

Well, anyway, I See no options to choose other formats than pcm stereo (48/44 kHz). At least I can use DTS Headphone in addition to Windows Sonic via HDMI.
Windows Store's automatic update is turned off.

He is in a pure PCM situation, no compressed PCM.

At the PC end, all audio devices receive and process PCM, at the end it can be a DAC, which then converts, or digital transmitter (SPDIF-HDMI, other), which transmits digital.
The software you see such as Dolby, DTS, Nahimic, Sonic Studio and so on, are all PCM processors. There can also be an encoder just before the end.

Even with an encoder at the end (which inputs PCM and outputs Dolby-DTS), will still have PCM processing prior to encoding.

-----

AutoEq - Select headphones, on the right select Equalizer APO, Parametric EQ (P-EQ also works on SFX).

So what is the real difference between audio processing on certified hardware versus one with a patched apo?

Thanks about AutoEQ . I actually got the FR from there. Is your suggestion to get the parametric interface on EQ apo and then manually invert it ? Because that would work I just was lazy about doing so. Came there to ask you before starting to do so. Maybe there was a built-in option to invert the curve

Question: So what is the real difference between audio processing on certified hardware versus one with a patched apo?
Nothing at all *, With the Realtek APO, the only difference would be SSTPPCfg and device policy influences.

I don't think there is an option to invert, you will have to do it manually.

* Fully unlocked, opposed to bits working.

System Name predator helios 300
Processor intel(r) core(tm) i7-7700HQ @ 2.80ghz
Motherboard laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Cooling laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Memory 16gb 2400mhz 2 slots
Video Card(s) nvidia gtx 1060 laptop
Storage internal 237gb hdd internal 931gb hdd external 3tb hdd usb3.0
Display(s) 1 internal laptop 1 hdmi 100hz aoc 27g2g3
Case laptop
Audio Device(s) ultimea posiden d60 (5.1 speakers) hyper cloudx 2 (headphones)
Power Supply laptop
Mouse razer naga trinity v2
Keyboard razer huntsman TKL v2
VR HMD N/A
Question: So what is the real difference between audio processing on certified hardware versus one with a patched apo?
Nothing at all *, With the Realtek APO, the only difference would be SSTPPCfg and device policy influences.

I don't think there is an option to invert, you will have to do it manually.

* Fully unlocked, opposed to bits working.
well with apo drivers all featuers all unlocked like with dolby digital plus home theater most pcs that came with it never enabled the dolby digital output nor did they enable the upmixing i love the apo drivers sometimes they can sound a bit compressed but i am useing optical so i cant expect the greatest quality

.... I am using optical so I cant expect the greatest quality
That's the opposite of what should be happening. Generally speaking, various people will say digital is digital and there is no difference, as in 2 channel HDMI would be no different to 2 channel SPDIF.
In theory that is correct, however there are more obvious differences when we dig deep and even compare end results. For a start, HDMI does not transmit audio directly.

I have seen both sound unit manufacturers, and cable manufacturers compare HDMI to Optical, and Optical comes out as most bitperfect.
I have also seen flagship PowerDAC's and even other top equipment utilizing firewire, usb, other, using a SPDIF interface.

HDMI also uses copper to transmit digital data, and other, which has an impact to how far it can travel, EMI-EFI issues, and even latency.
Optical audio transmission is direct, its made from insulators so its immune to EMI-EFI, think wired vs optical internet.

Currently its seems SPDIF is able to handle 15+ channels (since 2008-2009 ?), and even ESS Sabre DAC's support that standard for a digital input.

----

You can also find flagship TV's still ricking a legacy 2 channel SPDIF, but probably not SPDIF Coaxial RCA. Shame they don't update their SPDIF receiver parts.

Last edited:
Currently its seems SPDIF is able to handle 15+ channels (since 2008-2009 ?), and even ESS Sabre DAC's support that standard for a digital input.

----

But what quality of sound would you have if SPDIF is supposed to be limited in bandwidth and can not handle modern codification . I'm truly asking here.
Regardless, reading about it on wikipedia I found this :

The receiver does not control the data rate, so it must avoid bit slip by synchronizing its reception with the source clock. Many S/PDIF implementations cannot fully decouple the final signal from influence of the source or the interconnect. Specifically, the process of clock recovery used to synchronize reception may produce jitter. If the DAC does not have a stable clock reference then noise will be introduced into the resulting analog signal. However, receivers can implement various strategies that limit this influence.

In a side note of color, a couple of days ago i was looking for a i2s driver for my computer and also reading about it:

In audio equipment, I²S is sometimes used as an external link between a CD player or digital audio streaming device and an external digital-to-analog converter, as opposed to a purely internal connection within one player box. This may form an alternative to the commonly used AES/EBU, Toslink or S/PDIF standards.

The I²S connection was not intended to be used via cables, and most integrated circuits will not have the correct impedance for coaxial cables. As the impedance adaptation error associated with the different line lengths can cause differences in propagation delay between the clock line and data line, this can result in synchronization problems between the SCK, WS and data signals, mainly at high sampling frequencies and bitrates. As the I²S bus doesn't have any error detection mechanism, this can cause significant decoding errors.

There is no standard interconnecting cable for this application. Some manufacturers simply provide three BNC connectors, an 8P8C ("RJ45") socket or a DE-9 connector. Others like Audio Alchemy (now defunct) used DIN connectors. PS Audio, Musica Pristina and Wyred4Sound use an HDMI connector.[7] Dutch manufacturer Van Medevoort has implemented Q-link in some of its equipment, which transfers I²S over 4 RCA connectors (data, MCK, LRCK, BCK).

----------

The world of audio is amazing and I'm thinking about the amount of knowledge Philips has put into it

Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
thank you guys :) i found out it was due to the dolby digital plus home theater program it added extra processing to make loud sounds quiet in games and music deleted the app but kept the drivers now it sounds just like hdmi

bernd_b

thank you guys :) i found out it was due to the dolby digital plus home theater program it added extra processing to make loud sounds quiet in games and music deleted the app but kept the drivers now it sounds just like hdmi
Thank you for the report. Gentle advice:
There are signs like "," or "." on your keyboard, which helps others to understand better what you want to tell them. You could even consider to use Capital Letters here and there.

Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
Thank you for the report. Gentle advice:
There are signs like "," or "." on your keyboard, which helps others to understand better what you want to tell them. You could even consider to use Capital Letters here and there.
"is" "this" "better"? if you dont have anythang to contribute dont say anythang at all

Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
I tried to be polite. If you just want to fight, then I kindly will ignore your posts in the fuy

I tried to be polite. If you just want to fight, then I kindly will ignore your posts in the future.
could truely care less dont want a fight but u dont have to be the spelling police your comment did not help in any way to surround sound at all it was just simply rude wasnt polite in the slightest please ignore my posts

@Lucky8, SPDIF does not specify a bandwidth limit, also wiki is out of date and still references the legacy standard, like referencing HDMI 1.0, even though we are on 2.1+.
All digital transmission can get clock jitter, you can get clock jitter on SPDIF, HDMI, other. HDA (this includes GPUs) can only do ~37 mbps.

IEC 60958-5:2021 | Standard 15+ Channel SPDIF (AES18) | 15+ Channel SPDIF Transmitter | 8 Channel 192k SPDIF Receiver
2m Toslink (SPDIF) Male Black Cable - Blake UK (All formats, 7.1 PCM)

8 x 192k @ 24b = ~37mbps. Stop reading about legacy SPDIF :)

----

Also, I am not sure why an AVR with a Class-D amplifier (that has a digital input) is using a DAC and then the analogue input.

----

Attachments

• TOSLink - 125 Mbps.png
    TOSLink - 125 Mbps.png
    53 KB · Views: 34
  • PowerDAC S.png
    PowerDAC S.png
    280.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Optical Fiber.png
    Optical Fiber.png
    504.3 KB · Views: 31
  • SPDIF -Full Rate 15+.png
    SPDIF -Full Rate 15+.png
    156.6 KB · Views: 28
  • DMAS.png
    DMAS.png
    20 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
@Lucky8, SPDIF does not specify a bandwidth limit, also wiki is out of date and still references the legacy standard, like referencing HDMI 1.0, even though we are on 2.1+.
All digital transmission can get clock jitter, you can get clock jitter on SPDIF, HDMI, other. HDA (this includes GPUs) can only do ~37 mbps.

IEC 60958-5:2021 | Standard 15+ Channel SPDIF (AES18) | 15+ Channel SPDIF Transmitter | 8 Channel 192k SPDIF Receiver

----

Also, I am not sure why an AVR with a Class-D amplifier (that has a digital input) is using a DAC and then the analogue input.

----
yeah iv been looking into spdif alot more recently its a pretty wild connector

----

----

The IEC whitepaper is a preview and has some missing pages. I'm not enough interested to buy it :D .
According to my reading ( and please correct me if I'm wrong ) , SPDIF don't specify a bandwidth limit as the receiver must retrieve the clock frequency from the audio source. As fiber optics would hardly get any signal parasitism I guess its limit is up to the molecular purity and the endpoints data send speed capability .
I promise to stop reading outdated material as fast as I find the up to date one.
So, why SPDIF can not handle Dolby TrueHD ? Is it because it only can provide 2 channels of uncompressed audio ? This says to be updated to 2014 . Is that the newest ?
Mainstream digital audio dates from the introduction of the compact disc in the early '80s, making it about twenty years old. Today two serial interfaces coexist: AES3(aka AES/EBU) for professional use and S/PDIF for consumer products. Simple low-cost passive conversion between them is possible -- even easy -- but it is also filled with cautions. The old rule that direct connection between AES/EBU and S/PDIF equipment is bad practice is relaxed today with new receiver chips tolerant to either interface.

That's a quote from there. My question is if in order to achieve 37 mbps/8 you need to build you own system ?

[Note AES3 is a professional (only) audio standard and S/PDIF is a consumer (only) audio standard, while IEC 60958 and EIAJ CO-1201 cover both consumer and professional definitions.]
I also learn that Sony got a "SDIF"

[Caution Do not confuse S/PDIF with SDIF (no P); they are very different. SDIF, developed and used exclusively by Sony on early professional machines, is mono and not self-clocking, consequently requiring three cables for interconnection: two for the stereo channels and one for the synchronization clock.]
which I guess was a commercial move to justify a neglect to adopt SPDIF as a standard and confuse the industry ( vibes of RMS vs PMPO )

This next is from the link to Blake Store you send.

Compatible with any device which has a Toslink interface / transmits all digital audio formats like 7.1, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital, DTS, DTS-HD Master Audio, DVD Audio, LPCM, SACD, MPCM, 3D Sound, 5.1, 7.1, Surround Sound with centre loudspeakers and subwoofer for optimal sound.
which is fine but still leave me in the doubt if consumer devices are equipped with standard SPDIF or manufacturers should build by their own to offer these capabilities.

Thanks for kindly answering!

Hey, I found it the invert button!

Untitled.png

I just had to select the already present EQ of my headphones and choose to create a custom one ( which use is as a base ) and then there are those options

Last edited:
Yes you have to build your own system, which is normal, the default channel config for SPDIF is 0, don't care (How many channels? .... Don't care! .... Ok, 108 then!)
Its similar for HDMI, the default minimum is 2 channels, any extra channels are optional, not mandatory. So HDMI can be just 2 channels.

Neither HDMI or SPDIF can do more than what HDA will give in bandwidth, regardless of the fact they can go beyond HDA.
Format support is the same, HDMI can do all, so can SPDIF, but a device may support none, all, some.

You could have two HDMI 2.1 devices, and cable, all capable of every format and 8 channels, so on, but the receiver is 2 channels with no formats.

Last edited:
Yes you have to build your own system, which is normal, the default channel config for SPDIF is 0, don't care (How many channels? .... Don't care! .... Ok, 108 then!)
lol
You know that eventually low voltage brain waves stimulation devices are going to transmit sound directly to your brain through your scalp tissue and it would be virtually real life experience ? I'm just trying to save you money for the next 10 years

If we are going to be irrelevant then the leaning tower of Pisa was build to be strait up, but due to an engineering blunder its not.
Even clever people make major mistakes, this includes the audio industry. HDMI got 8 x192k very recently (2021?).

What is the max bandwidth for SPDIF? If people are so confident it doesn't have enough, then what is it? < Note its not 1983.

Also try and get more than 8 channels out of HDMI, even though the EDID will only go up to 8, same with Windows.

----

If we re-iterate over the ALC HDA chip, we can see there is almost no parts to SPDIF in/out, a transmitter/receiver and module.
The 'HD Audio Interface' listed on the left is HDA, with its maximum ~37 mbps per stream in/out.

125mbps out with the current SPDIF spec, but only capable of ~37mbps input from HDA.

SPDIF -Full Rate 15+.png

Realtek USB however, another kettle of fish. Same parts, you will get the full 125 mpbs, per stream.

----

If you actually search Google, almost everything you will find will be referencing the 1983 spec @ 1.5 mbps.
Also note that they actually refer to the TOSLink module, not SPDIF its self, see below.

A Realtek is capable of 2 x 192k which if I remember correctly its just below 10 mbps.

Attachments

• TOSLink.png
    TOSLink.png
    118 KB · Views: 20
  • SPDIF - TOSLink.png
    SPDIF - TOSLink.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Optical SMI 250 Mbs.png
    Optical SMI 250 Mbs.png
    390.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
The IEC whitepaper is a preview and has some missing pages. I'm not enough interested to buy it :D .
According to my reading ( and please correct me if I'm wrong ) , SPDIF don't specify a bandwidth limit as the receiver must retrieve the clock frequency from the audio source. As fiber optics would hardly get any signal parasitism I guess its limit is up to the molecular purity and the endpoints data send speed capability .
I promise to stop reading outdated material as fast as I find the up to date one.
So, why SPDIF can not handle Dolby TrueHD ? Is it because it only can provide 2 channels of uncompressed audio ? This says to be updated to 2014 . Is that the newest ?

That's a quote from there. My question is if in order to achieve 37 mbps/8 you need to build you own system ?

which I guess was a commercial move to justify a neglect to adopt SPDIF as a standard and confuse the industry ( vibes of RMS vs PMPO )

which is fine but still leave me in the doubt if consumer devices are equipped with standard SPDIF or manufacturers should build by their own to offer these capabilities.

Thanks for kindly answering!

Hey, I found it the invert button!

View attachment 331294

I just had to select the already present EQ of my headphones and choose to create a custom one ( which use is as a base ) and then there are those options
optical cannot hadle true hd due alot of thangs it was a format made for hdmi and was set around hdmi now these drivers are real time encodeing so u can use true hd with optical useing these drivers due to these drivers mixing the sound to a format thats supported

Also try and get more than 8 channels out of HDMI, even though the EDID will only go up to 8, same with Windows.

----

People say so?
Believe me, I'm not the one who would defend HDMi. But I can understand their moves. They move according to consumer needs. 8 channels @ 44KHz was fine until it wasn't anymore. How many TVs do 7.1 , how good are 7.1 setups sold ? Can you take a 50Gbps link and have 8K but only offer 8 Channel per link? That's up to consumer needs. If you ask me , digital audio is a disgrace . Same with video signal. I live and die for analog. It is just I don't mind swimming into a binary pool.
Irrelevant is not a proper word to describe the future. it is just you may not see how it is going to arrive . You don't see the bridge but there is a city another across the river .
But it may be my bad here. This is not a forum about the future of technologies right. However there are pretty good innovations