• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AAF Optimus DCH Audio Modded Driver for Windows 10/11 - For ALL HDAUDIO Enumerator Chips

@nicegirl05, no it does all formats. Its not specific to HDMI, its just that HDMI by default can produce the PCM stream specification to passthrough newer digital formats.
Older formats use a 16bit 48k 2 channels PCM stream to passthrough DTS-Dolby, the newer stream is 16 bit 192k 8 channels (if I remember right) *.

You can even read on wiki that SPDIF was updated to passthrough all formats, but you do need 16 bit 192k 8 channels.

Representing Formats for IEC 61937 Transmissions | If you had HDMI 1.2 or less, not really different to legacy SPDIF in terms of formats.

* This appears to be correct, DTS-HD MA is ~24.5mbps, 16 bit 192k 8 channels is also ~24.5mbps, not the ~37mbps 24bit size.

----

@Lucky8, "Can you take a 50Gbps link and have 8K but only offer 8 Channel per link?" yes only 8 channels, HDMI EDID wont allow you to set more *.
In terms of digital out, Realtek only have SPDIF, same for Creative, others, no HDMI. So should we be stuck with 2 channels?

44K has issues, if you look into it, something to do with analogue aliasing I think, 48K suffers a bit.

If you have HDMI 2.1+, it specifies it can do up to 32 channels, but that's with HDA, so 32 x 48k 24bit @ ~37 mbps. Still can't set 32 channels.

* Plus you can't output more than ~37mbps when attached to HDA (which a GPU is).

Like with my AVR comment, would you prefer PCM to DAC and analogue amp, output then headphones, or digital direct to headphones?
If headphones where like my 'Digitally Managed Audio System', it would be down to the headphones how good it sounds.

A PowerDAC in this situation can attenuate the PCM input dB to prevent voltage clipping.
Also a 'How power can you supply?' handshake is needed, for settings.

What is True Sound? The concept explained | Stuff

----

Low Level Signals: 32-bit Float versus 24-bit - Sound Devices | Food for thought: 32 bit float PCM amp vs analogue amp.

----

Attachments

• SPDIF - Formats.png
    SPDIF - Formats.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 64
  • DMAS.png
    DMAS.png
    20 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Still can't set 32 channels.

Now, don't get me wrong because I know you are right about the technical capabilities of both standards but my questions is mainly : as a consumer, do i need 32 channels ? You are a sound enthusiast running a 7.1 setup. I have 2 ears and matching headphones and can mix in high order ambisonics with 64 channels. But who can enjoy it ?

@Lucky8

32 channels, no, not really, some people with the money might want more than 16 channels if they are building a sizable dedicated home cinema, average consumer not really.
My father is interested in height speakers, and could warrant 9.x channel audio. £88k+ sound systems exist, so in some cases, its a yes, or at least 16+.

Various AVR's these days use dual 8 channel DAC's in order to get parallel, up to 16 channels. Strangle part is Class-D has a digital input, as in no DAC (like a PowerDAC).
Even the top AVR's tend to use DAC's that accept the current (not legacy) SPDIF standard, which means the DAC setup could accept 15+ SPDIF.

SC-95.png RX-A8A.png

With SPDIF 108 channels, I am just pointing the same as HDMI but with 125mbps, not ~37mbps.

Attachments

• P-HDA.png
    P-HDA.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Fiber Optic.png
    Fiber Optic.png
    507.1 KB · Views: 25
  • E1DA PowerDAC V2.png
    E1DA PowerDAC V2.png
    331.4 KB · Views: 31
System Name predator helios 300
Processor intel(r) core(tm) i7-7700HQ @ 2.80ghz
Motherboard laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Cooling laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Memory 16gb 2400mhz 2 slots
Video Card(s) nvidia gtx 1060 laptop
Storage internal 237gb hdd internal 931gb hdd external 3tb hdd usb3.0
Display(s) 1 internal laptop 1 hdmi 100hz aoc 27g2g3
Case laptop
Audio Device(s) ultimea posiden d60 (5.1 speakers) hyper cloudx 2 (headphones)
Power Supply laptop
Mouse razer naga trinity v2
Keyboard razer huntsman TKL v2
VR HMD N/A
@Lucky8

32 channels, no, not really, some people with the money might want more than 16 channels if they are building a sizable dedicated home cinema, average consumer not really.
My father is interested in height speakers, and could warrant 9.x channel audio. £88k+ sound systems exist, so in some cases, its a yes, or at least 16+.

Various AVR's these days use dual 8 channel DAC's in order to get parallel, up to 16 channels. Strangle part is Class-D has a digital input, as in no DAC (like a PowerDAC).
Even the top AVR's tend to use DAC's that accept the current (not legacy) SPDIF standard, which means the DAC setup could accept 15+ SPDIF.

View attachment 331608 View attachment 331609

With SPDIF 108 channels, I am just pointing the same as HDMI but with 125mbps, not ~37mbps.
oh thats wild i diddnt know this thank you :) greatly appreacted

That' a lot of furniture .
Yeah, there is not much content there that actually squeeze roof and rear 3D channels . Because it is hard to put the viewer in the middle of the scene and make sense. Because you known, it is expensive. But let me deviate one more time with the future. I see Hollywood producing fully spatialised content without paying real actors . Nor real scenery .

Well the future for the digital age is optical, not copper, that part we have established. Even HDMI majorly benefits from optical. Imagine a 400 Tbps video lane, single fiber.
Yes that's too much for consumer demands, but they are having a tough time getting more bandwidth out of copper, they have to use encoding.

You do realize that HDMI is essentially a digital upgrade from a scart cable, when would you have used scart for audio only?
Below is an image of a multi fiber HDMI-DP cable, capable of silly speeds without heavy encoding.

Optical - HDMI-DP.png Google - Ping (From UK).png

----

Some bonus articles for you to read:

84 GBd (168 Gbit/s) PAM‐4 3.7 Vpp PowerDAC in InP DHBT
An Ultrahigh-Speed Low-Power DAC Using InP HBTs

Last edited:
So is Ethernet port fiber optics ? There is a copper wire from the back of your computer to the modem and it can keep up with sustained Gb Speed data transfer. Imagine how many "channels" I can download at a time :D .What I mean is that if the consumer market needed it, it would appear soon. Again, I have nothing against fiber, nor copper, nor any standards . it is just I can see a more BCI related future in any area. However we limit your statement to professional audio in theaters or similar, I can agree . But there are places where fiber optics has no practical use. I have attend many concerts and helped on a few. They always use copper. The reason is when you are on tour, you can not bend a piece of fiber optics to be transported . Nor you can position the speakers . But let me add something you'll agree with: if you are happy with it then it is the right one for you . Applies to women also

Two copper speaker cables, two different routes, neither end connected. If I turn off the lighting circuit (consumer unit), I get no reading from the cable.

Testing Unconnected Copper Speaker Cables | Vol Con Elite Tester (How to use the unit, what it does).

If you read around about ADSL bandwidth and connection loss, you can read that at times faulty light circuits, other can be the cause.

====

On a side note, analogue CPU's do exist, they use less power than digital ones, but are not accurate, so can't be used in most things.
I would imagine they have also tinkered with an ASP, opposed to a DSP, but I would image the results are the same.

----

Not to put a thumb on analogue, but all the processing done is digital, and PCM, including any enhancers (DTS, Dolby, Other).
The processed digital PCM then hits a DAC and then amp, there is no analogue (power) processing as such.

Now lets go with an analogue CPU and ASP (an ASP probably uses more power, since analogue is power), it would be worse.
Due to the errors, and other issues such as EMI-other, the end result will make you change your mind.

Another way to put things into perspective, my DMAS design uses a 32 bit float PCM amp, capable of 1528 dB (insane).
Guess how much analogue power that would need? And then again for 108 analogue channels?

Also note a DMAS compatible speaker can have its own isolated power source, rather than one main power supply.

----

Without hardware offload, I am doing 32 bit float input to SPDIF with EAPO passing on 32 bit float.
6 channels, one app, costs me about 0.1% CPU, 60 would be 1%, 120 would be 2%.

Latency - Playing Music.png Execution - SPDIF Optical.png

With low system and execution latency.

----

Attachments

• IMG-20231229-230613.jpg
    IMG-20231229-230613.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG-20231229-230635.jpg
    IMG-20231229-230635.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG-20231229-231020.jpg
    IMG-20231229-231020.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG-20231229-231046.jpg
    IMG-20231229-231046.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Two copper speaker cables, two different routes, neither end connected. If I turn off the lighting circuit (consumer unit), I get no reading from the cable.

Testing Unconnected Copper Speaker Cables | Vol Con Elite Tester (How to use the unit, what it does).

If you read around about ADSL bandwidth and connection loss, you can read that at times faulty light circuits, other can be the cause.
ADSL is not ethernet
====

On a side note, analogue CPU's do exist, they use less power than digital ones, but are not accurate, so can't be used in most things.
I would imagine they have also tinkered with an ASP, opposed to a DSP, but I would image the results are the same.
We are on the way to fix this
----

Not to put a thumb on analogue, but all the processing done is digital, and PCM, including any enhancers (DTS, Dolby, Other).
The processed digital PCM then hits a DAC and then amp, there is no analogue (power) processing as such.

I mean, real analog. The one you face the source. However , there is not such thing as non-digital -
Now lets go with an analogue CPU and ASP (an ASP probably uses more power, since analogue is power), it would be worse.
Due to the errors, and other issues such as EMI-other, the end result will make you change your mind.
Déjà vu. Let's start a campaign against sound intermediaries .

Another way to put things into perspective, my DMAS design uses a 32 bit float PCM amp, capable of 1528 dB (insane).
Guess how much analogue power that would need? And then again for 108 analogue channels?

Also note a DMAS compatible speaker can have its own isolated power source, rather than one main power supply.
Well, not soon but eventually, power management would get better and include compression algorithms. Energy compression algorithms

----

Without hardware offload, I am doing 32 bit float input to SPDIF with EAPO passing on 32 bit float.
6 channels, one app, costs me about 0.1% CPU, 60 would be 1%, 120 would be 2%.

View attachment 331948 View attachment 331949

With low system and execution latency.

----

Please, destroy the wall and show those wires are not coiled

You read to much into ethernet, NRZ is ALSO used for optical audio transmission, its a standard network method, also known as PAM2.
Look closely at TOSLink and other types of connection, you will see it's rated in NRZ (PAM2), but could be PAM4.

The EMI is common with LED drivers, here you can read an article: How to Minimize EMI in LED Lighting Circuits.
With old school halogen GU10, the issue is not present, nor do I get a reading.

Also an analogue A/B amp has terrible efficiency compared to Class-D. 1528 dB in Class A/B would have a huge power waste.
An A/B @ 60% efficiency would be 600w per 1000w input, Class-D @ 90% would be 900w per 1000w.

----

Anything turning on-off rapidly produces EMI, that includes Class-D. However Class-D does not suffer that much from its self.
Speakers also produce EMI, and you will notice with my DMAS, the EMI point is still the speaker unit.

----

I re-read one of your older posts stating that natural sound is analogue and so on, that's true I wont deny that, but, yes a but....

I don't plug myself into a wall socket and use an electrical amplifier to talk to people, that would be weird.
A rock falling from a hilltop will collide and make sound, using mass/gravity as energy.
Someone hitting drums or even something falling on it, makes sound.

So, a question, is a electrical power sound representation a natural way, or a man made way of producing audio?

Also I tried listing to a piece of cable transmitting analogue via power, couldn't hear anything, xD

Some people do like THD, noise in their audio for added warmth and other bs labels, its still added rubbish, not natural.
In fact you have deviated from the source, so how can that count as sounding more natural?

----

Attachments

• Class-D.png
    Class-D.png
    500.7 KB · Views: 28
  • DSR Series.png
    DSR Series.png
    914.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
wondering how these drivers act with a optical usb adapter tested it out and it did work but my usb adapter has both dolby digital aswell as dts support tryed overwatch 2 with this adapter cause i diddnt know if live encodeing would still work over pure optical and with the fxsound fix it worked i was shocked so dose it treat the signle the exact same from when i was useing my hdmi audio extractor ?

Yes, with my extractor I am able to add whatever APO's to it (GPU is HDA), including encoders. HDMI audio easily converts to TOSLink out, at the computer end, the endpoint will be HDMI.
I modified the EDID for my unit, to add extra formats. The unit I am using is specified capable of multichannel LPCM via TOSLink, 6 channels on the spec sheet.

I had a conversation with the manufacturer, they actually re-tested the unit and also confirmed it will do 8 channels over TOSLink.
The extractor these days just sits around growing dust, since I got the S1220A, I don't bother with it.

Attachments

• HDMI - Extractor.png
    HDMI - Extractor.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 64
  • HDMI - DTS Ultra.png
    HDMI - DTS Ultra.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 63
  • HDV-MB01.png
    HDV-MB01.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 64
You read to much into ethernet, NRZ is ALSO used for optical audio transmission, its a standard network method, also known as PAM2.
Look closely at TOSLink and other types of connection, you will see it's rated in NRZ (PAM2), but could be PAM4.
I read as I go. So end up knowing a bit of anything but not much about everything. That's a disclaimer I should made.
The EMI is common with LED drivers, here you can read an article: How to Minimize EMI in LED Lighting Circuits.
With old school halogen GU10, the issue is not present, nor do I get a reading.
True but that's piezoelectric generated. Although sometimes you can blame the propagation method
Also an analogue A/B amp has terrible efficiency compared to Class-D. 1528 dB in Class A/B would have a huge power waste.
An A/B @ 60% efficiency would be 600w per 1000w input, Class-D @ 90% would be 900w per 1000w.

----
Agree but that's ancient for sure. There are two things that must be separated here: you have the power needed to transmit the information ( or move the information ) and the amount of power needed to produce that information. What conclusions can you draw from an electric guitar wired to an amplifier and then an acoustic guitar ( or semi acoustic actually ) connected too?

Anything turning on-off rapidly produces EMI, that includes Class-D. However Class-D does not suffer that much from its self.
Speakers also produce EMI, and you will notice with my DMAS, the EMI point is still the speaker unit.

----
Do the pistons of my car's engine produce interference on my radio ? I guess not enough, but old school cars with ignition coil use copper wires from distributor to spark plugs. Modern otto cars uses whatever from carbono to kevlar to avoid EMI

I re-read one of your older posts stating that natural sound is analogue and so on, that's true I wont deny that, but, yes a but....
Yeah, the issue is that I sound too philosophical sometimes but that's needed.

I don't plug myself into a wall socket and use an electrical amplifier to talk to people, that would be weird.
A rock falling from a hilltop will collide and make sound, using mass/gravity as energy.
Someone hitting drums or even something falling on it, makes sound.
I know you don't like headphones but you can destroy your ears with a decent pair sometimes not even amplified with relative low power. But you require a great boost of power to achieve the same with speakers. You can have subtle example with bone-conduction headphones.

So, a question, is a electrical power sound representation a natural way, or a man made way of producing audio?
In my vision of a pure information universe, it is the same. Men can not invent anything but stack up what's already there. So they say the smallest unit of existence is a string. It vibrates and from there on, you have everything else.

Also I tried listing to a piece of cable transmitting analogue via power, couldn't hear anything, xD

Isolated-suppressed ?
Some people do like THD, noise in their audio for added warmth and other bs labels, its still added rubbish, not natural.
In fact you have deviated from the source, so how can that count as sounding more natural?

----

I agree. But there is something beautiful about an old vinyl with all it's imperfection or a recording using a carbon filter microphone. They are, by their own limitation and not purposely, away from the original sound and yet they are ideal for some tasks. Like you can not record and harmonica accurately with a 20-20 mic. So you need the limitations sometimes.

glamisduner

Hello, I tried to install this driver, I don't see any realtek etc in Driver Store Explorer after uninstalling them (prior to attempting to install this driver)
Trying to get 5.1 working on my Realtek ALC4082 chipped board with windows 11. The ASRock TaiChi lite B650EMotherboard board does not provide 3 3.5mm jacks on the back and I don't want to have to add an extra cable to the microphone port on the front panel to be used for my rear speakers. So I'm trying to get the Optical port to work for games (It only works in 5.1 for movies).

Is this the correct driver to do this?

When I run the msi file I get a notification "please wait while windows configures smash app", then a new browser windows opens that is just a black page, and then nothing.

@Lucky8, learning as you go is key. We seem to be on the same page, although different angles. Currently best precision is digital, even enough for the DVR to take analogue in, digitize it, then output.

I am actually against uncontrolled, or inconsistent changes to audio. I go with the 'True Sound' concept, in my opinion, two units should be identical in audio, without change.
In order for the speaker to do the best it can, essentially all hardware needs to get of the way, in terms of changing the audio or making it worse.

I also understand some people don't specifically want high fidelity audio, but instead 'flavoured' by hardware, which we all cannot copy, unless perhaps its software.

Also, the speaker is really the only point, or unit, that actually needs to output analogue, before then, it is not essential, and digital is ideal (especially 32 bit float).
Extra note on my DMAS, the PowerDAC is also within the speaker, allowing the manufacturer to tune output exactly as intended, tailored.

You can still output vinyl to the DMAS, and if there is no change, get all the flavour from it as normal at the speaker end.

----

Headphones PowerDAC, has some smaller non audio issues, but it does an amazing job for a very low price.
You can read other reviews. Similar, much the same as a DMAS but for Headphones only.

Note, uses SPDIF interface over USB, which you will notice if you watch.

----

Given everything goes correctly, with the same file, you would not notice a difference between mobile phone digital out, to a computer, or other.

----

Its possible to address jitter (pretty much anything digital), with a buffer and re-clocking, in terms of audio, add latency compensation.

10ms + 10ms, -20ms Compensation.png

Last edited:

glamisduner

Ok so I figured it out. The file being served from the github repo (indirectly) is a virus. It install SmashApps which then goes out and downloads a bunch of malicious apps like bangsearch.pro that highjack your browser.

Will now need to reinstall windows.

Don't waste your time trying to get your onboard optical to do 5.1. Just buy a sound card.

If this wasn't intentional the owner of the gitlab repo should re-check their file. But be careful AAFSBXFiMBSetup.exe is a virus, not just flagged as unsafe due to being a modified driver.

Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
Ok so I figured it out. The file being served from the github repo (indirectly) is a virus. It install SmashApps which then goes out and downloads a bunch of malicious apps like bangsearch.pro that highjack your browser.

Don't waste your time trying to get your onboard optical to do 5.1. Just buy a sound card.

If this wasn't intentional the owner of the gitlab repo should re-check their file. But be careful AAFSBXFiMBSetup.exe is a virus, not just flagged as unsafe due to being a modified driver.
id like to see evidence of your claims please

System Name Alienware 17 R4
Processor Intel Core i7-7700HQ
Motherboard Alienware 17 R4
Memory 16 GB SK Hynix RAM (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) Intel HD Graphics 630/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Storage 256GB Kingston RBU SSD/256GB LITEON SSD
Display(s) AU Optronics B173HW01
Audio Device(s) Razer Blackshark
Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite
Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL

Did you not run it through VirusTotal??

Edit: Just ran it through VirusTotal and I'm getting a bunch of different flags each time. I don't think it's safe to download at the moment.

Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A

Edit: Just ran it through VirusTotal and I'm getting a bunch of different flags each time. I don't think it's safe to download at the moment.
whoah thats wild ok well i have installed these aviara did flag a few thangs and removed theme from my system iv dont multiple scans after this and iv gotten nothing elts from miltiple anti viruses so eaither i delted what was infected or these were just recently added dose it show if thares any new updates to the file?

others are running it with no issues idk whats going on for now yes dont install until we can confirm

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
Again I make it clear.
CLARIFICATION: Due to some accusations against me for allegedly including types of viruses or including fraudulent codes for data collection, cryptocurrency mining and other purposes, from now on, when the installation of the packages is finished, a copy of the original script in text file format on Desktop. In this file, the user will have full knowledge of the procedures that I have included in the installer.

I will say a simple shortcut can flag as a virus, AutoHotkey (official download) can also flag, they are examples of false positives.
Not going to defend 'AAFSBXFiMBSetup.exe', because I have no idea, but I will guess at false positive.

In the past, I edited the resource table of an elevate.exe, after 2-3 days it flagged as virus, but not the original.

Last edited:
Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
I will say a simple shortcut can flag as a virus, AutoHotkey (official download) can also flag, they are examples of false positives.
Not going to defend 'AAFSBXFiMBSetup.exe', because I have no idea, but I will guess at false positive.

In the past, I edited the resource table of an elevate.exe, after 2-3 days it flagged as virus, but not the original.
i hate it here i wish i diddnt get scared half to death i got infected i did check if anythang was useing my power than normal i did notice thare were 2 different 7zip applications so i uninstalled the one i thought was fake and thats when i got the flag you saw in the other post iv had 2 other flags go off aswell diddnt screenshot those tho so idk what they were all in all these drivers are sus and while they do work its weird and makes other ppl think that these are the same as other solutions on this form install at your own risk i wish dolby would just add these applications into windows 10 and 11 again like they used to at least then they wouldnt force ppl to do this just to get a danm soundbar working

is this the correct form i need to download to get dolby digital bitstreaming back out of a usb to optical adapter

Again I make it clear.
yes your right im sorry i got posts confused due to only clicking replyies and responding

artasdmc

Screenshot (4).png

Is this working correctly?

I've deleted my original realtek drivers + Sonic Studio 3. Then used DDU to unistall realtek drivers fully.
Installed AAF as admin.

All of the buttons in this panel give me errors.
I'm using this on Asus Strix B450F board

This is what the audio section on the motherboard writes:
- Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback *5
ROG SupremeFX8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A
- Dual OP Amplifiers
- Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs
- Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
- High quality120dBSNR stereo playback outputand113dBSNR recording input
- SupremeFX Shielding Technology
- Sonic Radar III
- Sonic Studio III + Sonic Studio Link
Audio Feature :
- Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel

Edit: After a while licenses get revoked so it doesn't work anymore.

Last edited:

ORA2J

Hey, does someone have a download link for the latest driver version that has NVIDIA support? I checked on the github and either the mediafire links are down, or they redirect to the wrong download.

Thanks.