• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS DCH Driver for Realtek HDA [DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive]

Journeym

The encoder is an APO on EFX. In this case Stereo Mix is keeping the receiver in DTS mode with a constant DTS stream.
Not sure why its happing with other drivers too, unless its W11, still on W10 myself.

I thought you where using another driver, so no it wont be power states in that case (using DTS DCH).

----

Not sure this is related but you might want to check for a new BIOS and if there is W11 changes.
Its also possible for other device drivers to cause audio issues, cut-out, other.
Stupid question, but is there any way i can get 6ch 48hz 24bit on Stereo Mix?

There is a clear relation between bitrate on this adapter and occurence of tearing
1713644623509.png

Journeym

Not sure this is related but you might want to check for a new BIOS and if there is W11 changes.
Its also possible for other device drivers to cause audio issues, cut-out, other.
Yeah updated BIOS a few days ago
Other drivers. I have tried all the drivers from this forum. It is possible i have some trash to clean, but i dont know how.
What i already tried was rebuilding all audio endboints in fx configurator an deleting all dts realtek and game controllers in DriverStore Explorer.
Is there an option to delete audio endpoint profiles somwhere, or rebuilding all audio endboints in fx configurator is doing just that?

Rebuild in FX Config will clear the registry and start again, but it wont fix other issues. You can also try another optical cable if higher bitrate is an issue.

Last edited:
@Journeym, must be something odd with Horizon if other games are fine, even with DTS. Very strange.

Edit: You can try disabling enhancements when playing Horizon, the encoder will stay on, but it will be raw to encoder, no SFX-MFX.
That applies to DTS DCH, other drivers may also work in the same way, I think the Realtek encoder is also EFX.

----

Unfortunately some games don't support multichannel SPDIF properly (you could also try this workaround).
In the workaround VAC counts as Stereo Mix, it will do 6+ channels, more than Stereo Mix.

For games that work normally just use SPDIF direct, else use VAC (VAC to SPDIF).

Last edited:

Journeym

@Journeym, must be something odd with Horizon if other games are fine, even with DTS. Very strange.

Edit: You can try disabling enhancements when playing Horizon, the encoder will stay on, but it will be raw to encoder, no SFX-MFX.
That applies to DTS DCH, other drivers may also work in the same way, I think the Realtek encoder is also EFX.

----

Unfortunately some games don't support multichannel SPDIF properly (you could also try this workaround).
In the workaround VAC counts as Stereo Mix, it will do 6+ channels, more than Stereo Mix.

For games that work normally just use SPDIF direct, else use VAC (VAC to SPDIF).
I used VAC on win10 according to your guide, and used it with current drivers to verify channels are working. Unfortunately it does absolutely nothing with my issue.
I usually dont enable enhancements, but ill check.

What i also have tried recently is to change AudioEng.dll in both system32 and syswow64 to the version i used in win 10 (from drive shadowcopy)
It worked fine in other games outputing DTS, but exactly Horizon wasn't producing any sound at all, even not starting DTS on reciever.
Taking it into account it seems sony (or who theyre working with on game migration to pc) used some new audio dependance exactly with win11.
Oh well, lets wait for ghost of tsusima to check this )

I guess Horizon needs re-programming, not sure why games like that don't work normally, most do, games should read the registry-other for channel count and PCM format (24b/48k).

A working example is Audacity, where you can record (loopback) and playback 6 channels over SPDIF-Optical in PCM format, using WASAPI (see here).
Windows has a default buffer size of 10ms, so in a out+in situation, such as a loopback, that's 20ms (10+10).

Some games allow you to select an audio output-input device, and in some cases, allow you to select a number of channels such as 7.1 (8 channels).
There are also a few games where you can edit a configuration file and manually set 6 or 8 channels total.

----

SPDIF-Optical.png

Those entries should read back 6 channels 24 bit 48k.

----

@Journeym, have you tried Win CAudio (Settings and Utility, post 1 link), to see if that helps in anyway?
You will need to use drives (C:\) to navigate to the .reg files, TI has no user folders.

====

Note, anyone switching from [main] to [alternative], make sure you fully remove [main] first, follow post 1 to remove.
Otherwise both .inf files will be present, [main] will probably remain active, [alternative] unused.

Last edited:
If you would like to expand DTS-Realtek to another device, use 'DTS Settings' (Settings and Utility). You may also need the additional registry guide below:
Usage: Edit the relevant .reg file, replacing {DEVICE-ID} with your chosen endpoint in both locations, save, double click, restart.

DEVICE-ID.png

====

Note, when I specify Realtek, you will be looking for DTS DCH instead with this driver pack.

I will use VAC as the endpoint to change (old images), open 'Regedit' and go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Render
Find a Realtek 'HDAUDIO' device on the system (left side in Regedit), it can be any Realtek endpoint that says 'HDAUDIO', I used Realtek [Speakers].

Find and copy the value of [ {b3f8fa53-0004-438e-9003-51a46e139bfc},2 ] from [Speakers], replace the value on the [VAC] device.
Next, change [ {a45c254e-df1c-4efd-8020-67d146a850e0},24 ], to 'HDAUDIO' on the [VAC] device, then restart.

HDAUDIO.png Virtual.png

VAC with the two above changes + DTS Settings (also shows in the Realtek app).

----

In some cases you might need additional permissions to edit the endpoint, use ExecTI to run 'Regedit', then you can edit entries and import .reg files.

DTS note, to change modes when using 'stereo mode', you need the form factor external-internal speakers or headphones.
When no supported form factor is detected, multichannel is as normal, stereo is in default only mode.

Last edited:
If you need to reset DTS and clear spatial data for any reason (Windows updates, other) do the following:

1: Open 'Services', then double click and disable 'Windows Audio', 'Endpoint Builder', and the extra 'Realtek Service' task in 'Task Manager', then restart your computer.
2: Open 'Regedit' and go to [ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DTS\APO ], and delete all the endpoint entries, but not the 'APO' key.

3: Go to [ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Render ], go through each device doing the following:
> Hold shift and select all [ {a45429a4-aa63-4480-b7f8-3f2552daee93} ] entries, 2 to 6-7, then delete them (not holding shift).

4: Open 'Services' and 'Task Manager' then enable the disabled services and task, restart your computer.

Note with 'Regedit' you can copy the above locations into the navigation bar at the top.

----

Attachments

• 1 - Disable Startup.png
    1 - Disable Startup.png
    353.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 2 - DTS APO.png
    2 - DTS APO.png
    172.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 3 - Spatial Data.png
    3 - Spatial Data.png
    354.8 KB · Views: 20
If you are using Equalizer APO, the latest version is 1.3.2. If you are using an older version and my upmixer, install the update then re-run 'Configure.reg', reboot.

Some notes with Equalizer APO (I will contact the author at some point). It has a bug at least with optical endpoints with an encoder, set to passthrough.
The passthrough key specifies [2 channels 16 bit 48k], which is the PCM stream used to transmit DTS-Dolby on SPDIF interfaces.

Please note a stream, can have specifications (PCM, 16bit 48k), but be empty of audio, or contain something else.

By default Equalizer APO detects the end format key (2ch 16/48), but also the format used in the engine (6ch 24/48), and likely gets confused at times.
With its default flags (13) some apps would cut out, on load or minimise to desktop, my edit fixes this issue (last I checked).

The are however two remaining EAPO bugs, 1: An occasional device start-up cut out, 2: Can have a fit cutting out when muted/unmuted.
The start-up cut out is fairly rare, maybe 1/20, but also random, so maybe 1/5, but causes no runtime issues.

I don't use mute much but when I do, it tends not to happen, but if tested (repeated) it will eventually happen (maybe first time).

It would seem EAPO does not cut out the stream, as other MFX-EFX points do not re-initialize, but instead cuts out the content.
Note sure why it reacts to mute other than the passthrough format, as mute is after EFX (to my knowledge).

Testing mute, I can see the audio meter still going up-down, and APO's do not re-initialize.

====

No known issues without Equalizer APO.

----

Attachments

• No Libs - Signed.png
    No Libs - Signed.png
    165.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Reduced Chance.png
    Reduced Chance.png
    159.2 KB · Views: 21
  • DTS Initialization.png
    DTS Initialization.png