• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS DCH Driver for Realtek HDA [DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive]

DTS Interactive would be an upgrade over Dolby Digital, slightly better standard 48k 24bit, and ~252kbps per channel (1509kbps total).
I dislike HDMI myself, an example is your own, the data island period, complete joke technology if you ask me.

1711826880467.png

All that bandwidth, and only ~37 mbps for audio, which you might not get due to timings.

====

Personally I am waiting for more SPDIF updates, v1.2 and swapping BMC to RTN, High-speed TOSLink (125 mbps), 102 channels.
All of the bandwidth available via SPDIF 1.2 and TOSLink 2.0, for audio only, no data island period.

Last edited:

Noctis

DTS Interactive would be an upgrade over Dolby Digital, slightly better standard 48k 24bit, and ~252kbps per channel (1509kbps total).
I dislike HDMI myself, an example is your own, the data island period, complete joke technology if you ask me.

View attachment 341298

All that bandwidth, and only ~37 mbps for audio, which you might not get due to timings.

====

Personally I am waiting for more SPDIF updates, v1.2 and swapping BMC to RTN, High-speed TOSLink (125 mbps), 102 channels.
All of the bandwidth available via SPDIF 1.2 and TOSLink 2.0, for audio only, no data island period.
Ok. Can I use optical output instead? Maybe I can get DTS here?

@Ferather - I have the "issue" since a few releases of your pack. Yours newer FXToolset doesn't give the option to Take Ownership. I dont know if it is a bug. Well I reinstalled my entire System two times but the issue is not gone away.

@Noctis I would prefer Optical Output instead of HDMI - Use it, thanks to @Ferather , since a couple of years with DTS Multichannel (SPDIF = Optical )

Attachments

• newer_fx.jpg
    newer_fx.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 33
  • older_fx.jpg
    older_fx.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 35
  • old_version_level.jpg
    old_version_level.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 31
@leveltrauma, I removed the feature as the ACL (if I remember correctly) flagged as a virus and I could not validate an original.
I realize in some cases AutoHotkey can flag, but its original official .exe, so it comes that way.

If you prefer the Alan Fox version by all means use it instead, I prefer things not flagging as a virus myself.

----

@Noctis, If you have a Realtek onboard audio device then simply follow post 1 to install this driver. What Realtek do you have?

SPDIF will have DTS Interactive 5.1 enabled and used as the default format for SPDIF (Optical or Coax).

@leveltrauma, I removed the feature as the ACL (if I remember correctly) flagged as a virus and I could not validate an original.
I realize in some cases AutoHotkey can flag, but its original official .exe, so it comes that way.

If you prefer the Alan Fox version by all means use it instead, I prefer things not flagging as a virus myself.

----

@Noctis, If you have a Realtek onboard audio device then simply follow post 1 to install this driver. What Realtek do you have?

SPDIF will have DTS Interactive 5.1 enabled and used as the default format for SPDIF (Optical or Coax).
It was only a question, I'm able to use the old version which is not flagged ... btw happy easter

Well I can install it all for you if you want via TeamViewer (run without install). This pack will run on ALC1200, although I am not sure if you need main or alternative.
If you want to do it all your self, the instructions to remove everything Realtek audio related are included in post 1 of this thread.

Ultimately it would be like you have never installed any Realtek drivers, before installing this one.

If you want to use TeamViewer message me.

----

Attachments

• DTS DCH Audio Device.png
    DTS DCH Audio Device.png
    58 KB · Views: 36
Was Googling yesterday and I noticed there is 250 Mbits/s TOSLink [JIS F05] cables, I am not sure how they rated as 250 Mbits/s.
I can not find any 250 Mbits/s [JIS F05] TOSLink modules, so best guess its PAM4 rated (encoded stream).

My RTN transmission essentially uses PAM3, in a way (3 states), buts not encoded (raw).

----

See post #70 and #71 of my DMAS thread to see more on my RTN digital transmission for DMAS Optical.

In terms of laser colour, it would be possible to do RGB off as PAM4, in some way at least.
Additionally, I would guess RGB combo would produce a high PAM level.

It should also be possible to do light wave to level wave, analogue or digital interpretation.
The addition of lumen level can also expand potential, such as coloured data.

>> [Data Block 3, NRZ-RTN][Data Block 2, NRZ-RTN][Data Block 1, NRZ-RTN] >>

----

Attachments

• TOSLink.png
    TOSLink.png
    118 KB · Views: 29
  • Cable - 1.png
    Cable - 1.png
    389.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Cable - 2.png
    Cable - 2.png
    133.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Optical.png
    Optical.png
    221.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Here is a full duplex multifiber optical cable design, either end connected (no A-B ends). RGB can produce 16.7 million colours based on monitors at this time (quick Google).
If we then use lumen level as a multiplier, for example 2 lumen states, dim-bright, that would be 33.4 million levels (PAM 33.4M ??).

The video lane could easily be 100 or more Gbit/s, audio 1 Gbits/s, and data 10 Gbits/s. Higher at a later stage.

Attachments

• FD Optical.png
    FD Optical.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 28
System Name predator helios 300
Processor intel(r) core(tm) i7-7700HQ @ 2.80ghz
Motherboard laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Cooling laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Memory 16gb 2400mhz 2 slots
Video Card(s) nvidia gtx 1060 laptop
Storage internal 237gb hdd internal 931gb hdd external 3tb hdd usb3.0
Display(s) 1 internal laptop 1 hdmi 100hz aoc 27g2g3
Case laptop
Audio Device(s) ultimea posiden d60 (5.1 speakers) hyper cloudx 2 (headphones)
Power Supply laptop
Mouse razer naga trinity v2
Keyboard razer huntsman TKL v2
VR HMD N/A
Here is a full duplex multifiber optical cable design, either end connected (no A-B ends). RGB can produce 16.7 million colours based on monitors at this time (quick Google).
If we then use lumen level as a multiplier, for example 2 lumen states, dim-bright, that would be 33.4 million levels (PAM 33.4M ??).

The video lane could easily be 100 or more Gbit/s, audio 1 Gbits/s, and data 10 Gbits/s. Higher at a later stage.
wondering if you would ever make a apo packet with both dolby and dts it would help alot of ppl

I have been asked that before, however its best to stick to one main APO set, and keep all specific Realtek configurations (in this case DTS), rather than try to mix.

Jack of all, master of nothing.

Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
I have been asked that before, however its best to stick to one main APO set, and keep all specific Realtek configurations (in this case DTS), rather than try to mix.

Jack of all, master of nothing.
valid how about makeing 2 1 for dts and 1 for dolby would help your users a ton or make a paid version for dts but make dolby free

To be fair, both DTS and Dolby can add legacy format encoders to their store apps. Both [Dolby Digital] and [DTS Audio] could be present when the endpoint is SPDIF(8)-HDMI(9).
The same way as enabling Atmos and-or DTS:X via HDMI, where the encoder is added-placed at a universal 'programmable' APO point (e.g. spatial APO).

Old method | PCM > [Microsoft APO's] > SFX > MFX > EFX (where the encoder is last place EFX) > Bitstream.
New Method (best guess) | PCM > [Microsoft APO's] (encoded) > Bitstream.

SFX-MFX-EFX is driver based data, whereas the Microsoft APO's are mandatory (part of Windows audio) and no driver is required.

Last edited:
Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
To be fair, both DTS and Dolby can add legacy format encoders to their store apps. Both [Dolby Digital] and [DTS Audio] could be present when the endpoint is SPDIF(8)-HDMI(9).
The same way as enabling Atmos and-or DTS:X via HDMI, where the encoder is added-placed at a universal 'programmable' APO point (e.g. spatial APO).

Old method | PCM > [Microsoft APO's] > SFX > MFX > EFX (where the encoder is last place EFX) > Bitstream.
New Method (best guess) | PCM > [Microsoft APO's] (encoded) > Bitstream.

SFX-MFX-EFX is driver based data, whereas the Microsoft APO's are mandatory (part of Windows audio) and no driver is required.
true but we both know if they havent done it yet they wont and u want a decent user bace to test a wide range of hardware no?

Bitstream is bitstream, no different to a media player set to passthrough and playing a Dolby-DTS audio-video file.
Software only needs to read form factor and format support (both registry), tick box or EDID.

Attachments

• SPDIF-Optical.png
    SPDIF-Optical.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 29
Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
Bitstream is bitstream, no different to a media player set to passthrough and playing a Dolby-DTS audio-video file.
Software only needs to read form factor and format support (both registry), tick box or EDID.
wow iv never seen true hd or dolby digital plus in optical yet however most do not know how to do this or how to edit edie info so its alot more complicated for normal users of windows pcs your help would mean alot truely

not to mention it would be fairly easy to make 2 applications 1 for dolbys tech 1 for dts your software is advanced too advanced for most users to understand or use i love what your doing just wish you would make it easier for the normal user im trying to learn and educate myself but that can only go so far when most think optical can only do dolby digital and dts

wow iv never seen true hd or dolby digital plus in optical yet however most do not know how to do this or how to edit edie info so its alot more complicated for normal users of windows pcs your help would mean alot truely

not to mention it would be fairly easy to make 2 applications 1 for dolbys tech 1 for dts your software is advanced too advanced for most users to understand or use i love what your doing just wish you would make it easier for the normal user im trying to learn and educate myself but that can only go so far when most think optical can only do dolby digital and dts
aswell you have done what most are not willing to do which is awesome to see but dont gatekeep it yk what i mean?

aswell you have done what most are not willing to do which is awesome to see but dont gatekeep it yk what i mean?
we are all just trying to get the best 5.1 or 7.1 audio systems

Reminder: If you are using SPDIF Windows likes to add a listen to key, which degrades audio. Use 'Clean Listen' in 'DTS Settings' (Settings and Utility) to remove the key(s).
If you disable-enable the SPDIF endpoint at any time, you will need to run 'Clean Listen' again, as Windows will re-enter the key(s).

Another change needed at Microsoft's end.

----

Attachments

• DEVICE-ID.png
    DEVICE-ID.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 37
If you play Planetside 2, you can edit the 'UserOptions.ini' file and enable 32 bit float audio output, with this driver at least.
You can also use 32 bit float output with your media player, if it supports user based configuration.

Planetside 2.png Media Player.png

Note: PS2 will output 6-8 channels when using SPDIF natively (no changes needed).

I also added a 5.1 (6 channel) speaker test at the bottom of post 1.

====

Currently I am testing an additional change to DTS APO4 flags, from 12 to 4, in short its to do with bit depth.
Fun fact the DTS multichannel EFX supports up to 12 channels PCM, which is interesting.

----

Package re-uploaded, new license file and changed flags, follow post 1 to remove-install.

Last edited:
Here are latency tests with 'Desktop 1' and 'Desktop 2' to present a better average. The audio system drivers are below 60us DPC execution (around 3-4us).
Reminder: If you enjoy DTS APO technology, buy a Sound Unbound license from the store (10 devices, per account license).

Price / 10 = cost per device (per computer, other).

----

Note, the newer SU app has moved speaker mode to [headphones: none]. Also note the apps are primarily for stereo situations.
Multichannel mode is automatic, this includes decoding multichannel DTS to multichannel PCM.

It would be nice if the spatial mode was called 'Sound Unbound', then two app modes (toggle) speaker-headphones.

----

Attachments

• Desktop 1.png
    Desktop 1.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 20
  • Desktop 2.png
    Desktop 2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Journeym

Enable 'Stereo Mix', mute the stream, then enable 'listen to' (default device) to keep the DTS encoder always on.
You can also do the same if you are using only analogue, it will reduce initializations, and delay.

You can set 'listen to' to a specific device if needed, simply select the device from the drop down menu.

Stereo Mix -1 | Stereo Mix -2
Greetings!
Im having problems in specific game, sound tearing exactly. I've been trying differt drivers. (details https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...ital-live-dts-interactive.291458/post-5237977)

Currently i managed to find partial solution to my problem using this driver and enabling stereo mix.
Im getting practically no tearing when i enable stereo mix according to your instruction.
Also i noticed that if i enable higher bit rates on stereo mix adapter its getting better then on a lower bit rates.

Can you please explain the background of how this stereo mix adapter is working?
Also, if you have any thoughts on the matter, please share )

My hardware:
ALC1200 on A520 AORUS ELITE (rev. 1.0)
Used SPDIF to connect my Yamaha RX-V463 5.1 reciever.
Currently using alteranative driver from this thread

Stereo mix, set to mute (in some cases unmute) and listen to, keeps the 'listen to' device constantly active with an empty PCM stream, in my case that converts to an empty DTS Audio stream.
Hardware is then constantly transmitting rather than going idle or changing states. In terms of APO's, parts have already initialized (are running).

Its a bit like a car engine already running, opposed to having to start the engine first.

----

You can also modify the registry on a device to set its power state to always on, running at full, in some cases idle power state changes can be an issue.
Open Regedit and go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM, then edit > find: PerformanceIdleTime, change all 3 to 00 00 00 00.

Make sure to select the pre-existing numbers and replace them, when done press F3 to find next, and repeat.

Power.png

In the DTS DCH driver, this is already done for you.

Last edited:

Journeym

You can also modify the registry on a device to set its power state to always on, running at full, in some cases idle power state changes can be an issue.
Open Regedit and go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM, then edit > find: PerformanceIdleTime, change all to 00 00 00 00.

Make sure to select the pre-existing numbers and replace them, when done press F3 to find next, and repeat.

View attachment 344461

In the DTS DCH driver, this is already done for you.
If you mean SPDIF output that im using to connect to reciever, then it has DTS DCH driver, and i checked that is has that parameter zeroed.

I have upgraded from win10 to win11 (clean install) and this strange thing started to show up, even when i installed exact same realtek patched apo i've been using on win 10.

So why with this parameter zeroed device can still change states?
Maybe dts service is sleeping? How is the encoding done in this alternative driver? Through some service?

1713641854644.png
1713641877653.png

The encoder is an APO on EFX. In this case Stereo Mix is keeping the receiver in DTS mode with a constant DTS stream.
Not sure why its happing with other drivers too, unless its W11, still on W10 myself.

I thought you where using another driver, so no it wont be power states in that case (using DTS DCH).

----

Not sure this is related but you might want to check for a new BIOS and if there is W11 changes.
Its also possible for other device drivers to cause audio issues, cut-out, other.

Last edited: