• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Nvidiacontrolpanel Displaysettings missing

It's like I said, you will not get any of those settings available until you use an HDMI cord and connect the laptop to an external display. The internal panel is managed by the Intel graphics. This means the Nvidia GPU doesn't see it or even know it's there, so as far as the NVCP is concerned, you don't have a display plugged in - the GPU is operating headless. If you want to change any scaling or display color settings while the laptop is outputting to its internal panel, use the Intel graphics control panel instead. You did install the Intel graphics driver, did you not? If you didn't, then do so. It is required.

Nvidia isn't at fault here, this is a low-end laptop with basic headless switchable graphics. Anything else, a MUX switch is a hard requirement, and as I mentioned earlier, these are only available on select 3060 laptops and up. The one I have (Dell G15) supports MUX with the 3060 version, but not on the one I have. So even that is specific, you need to do some research to figure out if the laptop you're buying is going to be meeting your personal demands.

Okay, got it. Thanks.

I've checked the support page of the f15 laptop but there is no intel graphics driver there, so which intel driver exactly do i get now and from where?
The cpu is what matters when looking for the driver, right? Shouldn't that be on the laptop support page then?

This chipset isn't intended for the f15 laptop is it? https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19347/chipset-inf-utility.html
The chipset i downloaded and installed from the asus laptop support page doesn't show up in programs and features so i'm not sure if it works correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Project Kairi Mk. IV "Eternal Thunder"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard MSI MEG Z690 ACE (MS-7D27) BIOS 1G
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 1x WD Black SN750 500 GB NVMe + 4x WD VelociRaptor HLFS 300 GB HDDs
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Cooler Master MasterFrame 700
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio (classic) + Sony MDR-V7 cans
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer DeathAdder Essential Mercury White
Keyboard Redragon Shiva Lunar White
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2
Benchmark Scores "Speed isn't life, it just makes it go faster."
Okay, got it. Thanks.

I've checked the support page of the f15 laptop but there is no intel graphics driver there, so which intel driver exactly do i get now and from where?
The cpu is what matters when looking for the driver, right? Shouldn't that be on the laptop support page then?

Yes, it's part of the CPU. You have a 12500H so it's the latest Intel graphics driver

Capture.PNG

Could try to check that box, also theres a hotfix from the laptop support page that i haven't installed yet, might give that a shot.

Now im burned out.
The rtx 3050 laptop gpu is visible in devicemanager.
The latest graphics driver is installed and the controlpanel can be opened.
Bios is up to date and chipset is installed.

I've installed resident evil 2 remake, the game ran utterly slow, wen to graphics settings, refreshrate and it was stuck at 64Hz. No 144Hz available.
Meaning the game runs on integrated cpu graphics. I'm going out of ideas.

This is normal. There's no need for you to install anything else, your computer is working as expected.

The reason you don't have the Manage 3D Settings page on the NVCP is because your laptop has an Intel integrated GPU and your laptop's integrated panel is wired to it, i.e. - the discrete graphics processor is presently disabled and there are no settings that you can tinker with, simply because it's off. Considered it has an RTX 3050, I can tell outright your laptop doesn't support Advanced Optimus or MUX switch, so to get the 3D settings page, you must connect a display to the NVIDIA GPU directly, usually, this means the HDMI port. This will enable the Manage 3D settings and allow the Nvidia driver to take over, otherwise the 3050 will operate in headless mode - that is, it'll do the processing for games and heavier applications, but the laptop's screen will remain connected to the Intel graphics.

Windows will automatically choose the correct GPU for the application you are trying to run, but you can manually assign it on the Windows graphics settings (i'm on Windows 10, but it's the same on 11). Power saving mode means integrated graphics, high performance means dedicated GPU.

View attachment 336125

I have a Dell G15 5515 laptop, it has a Ryzen 5600H, meaning it's an AMD+NVIDIA dual graphics configuration. Internal laptop panel and USB-C video-out are managed by the integrated Radeon Vega GPU, while the HDMI port is wired directly to its RTX 3050. It seems your Intel laptop works very much in the same way.

If you want a laptop that can run the internal panel off the discrete GPU, you will need to do some research but the minimum requirement for MUX/Advanced Optimus is RTX 3060 - no laptops with the RTX 3050 or 3050 Ti support this, and it's a feature usually found on laptops that come with the RTX 3070 or higher.

The option "graphics performance preference" is not available in the windows settings, it isn't there.

D

Deleted member 57642

From your explanation of the situation i hear that the integrated cpu graphics will handle desktop useage while the 3050 will handle intense tasks like videogames.
If so, i should be able to set games to run with 144hz refreshrate. I'm not sure about that since i cannot change the refreshrate in the nvcontrolpanel and neither in the windows displaysettings. Guess i'll have to install a game and try out the ingame settings.

As others mentioned above - by default your laptop's display is primarily controlled by intel iGPU. Thus, to tweak display settings - you just have to install "Intel Graphics Command Center" which can be found in Microsoft Store. OEM (ASUS in this case) GPU Drivers - are usually outdated - so install the latest Intel GPU Driver from intel. It's enough to google for your CPU Model - which takes you to this page: https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...essor-18m-cache-up-to-4-50-ghz/downloads.html and at Downloads you have Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - Windows* Driver.

IGC Center can help with all kinds of Display settings but the panel's refresh rate - can also be set withing Windows. As in...

2024-02-25_151525.png

Again, as others mentioned above - while using an intensive task - like modern Video Games - the nVidia GPU will kick in. And beyond what you can change within the game's own menu - you can actually use Nvidia's control panel for certain per game settings. There's hundreds of guides all over YouTube on tweaking per game setting from nVidia CP. So here's one where it shows how to access those settings:

If you want nVidia to control the Display - that can be done either either by connecting an external monitor to your GPU or with the help of a MUX Switch (even some that are less expensive like your model can have one - based on the official info - it might). Within Windows - you can do that with the help of ASUS's junk APP (bloatware like), as in: https://www.asus.com/ro/supportonly/armoury crate/helpdesk_download/ Used to be a setting with that name - but now the MUX Switch is integrated in "Ultimate" mode - which can be activated as described here:

Again, setting it to 144 Hz can be done withing Windows. The MUX switch and using the nVidia GPU as the primary manager of your display helps with "input lag". If yours has one that is.

System Name Main
Processor R7 5950x
Motherboard MSI x570S Unify-X Max
Cooling D5 clone, 280 rad, two F14 + three F12S bottom/intake, two P14S + F14S (Rad) + two F14 (top)
Memory 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance bdie 3600@CL16 1.35v
Video Card(s) GB 2080S WaterForce WB
Storage six M.2 pcie gen 4
Display(s) Sony 50X90J
Case Tt Level 20 HT
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar AE, modded Sennheiser HD 558, Klipsch 2.1 THX
Power Supply Corsair RMx 750w
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard GSKILL Ripjaws
VR HMD NA
Software win 10 pro x64
Benchmark Scores TimeSpy score Fire Strike Ultra SuperPosition CB20
@Ferrum Master
nope for cp gone.
nothing forced (yet), as the app is still beta and requires separate install.
i installed the driver 3 days ago, Ncp is still there, and no app. (10H2),
without cleaning the driver package.

Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
As others mentioned above - by default your laptop's display is primarily controlled by intel iGPU. Thus, to tweak display settings - you just have to install "Intel Graphics Command Center" which can be found in Microsoft Store. OEM (ASUS in this case) GPU Drivers - are usually outdated - so install the latest Intel GPU Driver from intel. It's enough to google for your CPU Model - which takes you to this page: https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...essor-18m-cache-up-to-4-50-ghz/downloads.html and at Downloads you have Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - Windows* Driver.

IGC Center can help with all kinds of Display settings but the panel's refresh rate - can also be set withing Windows. As in...

View attachment 336230

Again, as others mentioned above - while using an intensive task - like modern Video Games - the nVidia GPU will kick in. And beyond what you can change within the game's own menu - you can actually use Nvidia's control panel for certain per game settings. There's hundreds of guides all over YouTube on tweaking per game setting from nVidia CP. So here's one where it shows how to access those settings:

If you want nVidia to control the Display - that can be done either either by connecting an external monitor to your GPU or with the help of a MUX Switch (even some that are less expensive like your model can have one - based on the official info - it might). Within Windows - you can do that with the help of ASUS's junk APP (bloatware like), as in: https://www.asus.com/ro/supportonly/armoury crate/helpdesk_download/ Used to be a setting with that name - but now the MUX Switch is integrated in "Ultimate" mode - which can be activated as described here:

Again, setting it to 144 Hz can be done withing Windows. The MUX switch and using the nVidia GPU as the primary manager of your display helps with "input lag". If yours has one that is.

Yeah it's like I said earlier, but no use getting their hopes up, MUX is not available for any RTX 3050 laptop

View attachment 336230

Are you saying both is mandatory the Intel Graphics Command Center and Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics?
I don't google the internet. I search the internet. https://searx.space/

D

Deleted member 57642

Are you saying both is mandatory the Intel Graphics Command Center and Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics?
I don't google the internet. I search the internet. https://searx.space/
Intel Graphics Command Center is the Equivalent of NVIDIA Control Panel. Usually comes together with the driver (Arc & Iris Xe Graphics) - but in case it doesn't - can be found on Microsoft Store (app).

Yeah it's like I said earlier, but no use getting their hopes up, MUX is not available for any RTX 3050 laptop

In most cases that's probably true - but i can attest from personal experience that's available on some models. Probably price related (a premium feature - since having this CPU the model in question is quite expensive) - since the laptop in question was meant for creative tasks - with a premium display.

Thanks everyone and special thanks to Dr. Dro!
Conclusion:

It is normal for this particular laptop model not having displaysettings in the nvidia controlpanel.
Using 144Hz is now possible after installing the intel graphics driver.

Problem solved. Thanks again, very happy a debloated windows 10 runs flawless now, no BS windows 11 spyware necessary!

Intel Graphics Command Center is the Equivalent of NVIDIA Control Panel. Usually comes together with the driver (Arc & Iris Xe Graphics) - but in case it doesn't - can be found on Microsoft Store (app).

In most cases that's probably true - but i can attest from personal experience that's available on some models. Probably price related (a premium feature - since having this CPU the model in question is quite expensive) - since the laptop in question was meant for creative tasks - with a premium display.

It's just not supported on the 3050 overall. I've done some research on this before I bought my laptop. Unsure of the "3050 refresh" (model that has 6 GB/96-bit interface, 2304 cores), but at least for the original (4 GB, 128-bit interface, 2048 cores), this is true regardless of whether your laptop was on the expensive side or not.

Thanks everyone and special thanks to Dr. Dro!
Conclusion:

It is normal for this particular laptop model not having displaysettings in the nvidia controlpanel.
Using 144Hz is now possible after installing the intel graphics driver.

Problem solved. Thanks again, very happy a debloated windows 10 runs flawless now, no BS windows 11 spyware necessary!

You're welcome :)