• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TechPowerUp Hiring: Reviewers Wanted for Motherboards, Laptops, Gaming Handhelds and Prebuilt Desktops

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
So how much does it pay? How many reviews per month do you have to do to get a livable wage?

System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
This is my opinion on the 300-word essay. Two reason to keep it short. 1: reading long applications often get passed up. TL;DR. 2: This soft limit could be a test. How well does someone follow instructions.

On the other side, you want to make a good impression. What better way than to put all you have into it.

For me when I've hired people (unrelated to this). I often picked people who did short direct route. TL;DR just didn't make the cut if it was #50. Maybe the first five I would read fully.

If the short cover letter peaked my interest, they either got a interview or a follow up phone call.

Can't tell you what wiz thinks. So do whatever you think is best.

I think mine was like two paragraphs and a bunch of links to my previous articles.
mine is generally this

Sure, unless you travel a lot. If you're getting planes or trains a lot, regularly working away from your office, regularly staying in hotels or places you don't have a mouse, keyboard & monitor ready to go, then a laptop is by far the easiest thing to carry & can give you a good work & gaming experience. I do love my handheld, but it's not a laptop replacement, it just doesn't have the power or convenience for doing real work or gaming. Many people don't have any of these use cases & for them it doesn't make sense to get a laptop. That said, there's a lot of people who want to sit on the sofa at home & work or play, my partner is one of them! She's got a decent desktop in the small office room upstairs, with a dock if she wants to dock her laptop up to the monitor, keyboard & mouse, yet she chooses to work on her laptop on the sofa! Drives me slightly crazy, but it's personal preference & a laptop is the only solution for her preference.
I'm a musician and I need a laptop for shows and also producing where I wanna do it at... sometimes it's out on the porch and also on vacation so I draw inspiration from my new cool surroundings!

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
I'd certainly be interested in doing something like this. I've always wanted to, but with family life and lack of funds I've never been able to line anything up, it's always just been a thought in the back of my mind. It's nice to see that things are going well for TPU to offer up positions for review work on more stuff.

I'm kind of surprised to see a spot for pre-built gaming PC reviewer. I guess having been putting my own computers together for nearly the last 20 years I forget that not everyone does that, regardless of how easy I think it is to do. I do know a couple of guys that got pre-built systems a few years ago and I know a few others that built their own. I just kind of forget folks don't want to build and just want to remove from the box and start using right away.

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
Yeah OEM need clean install review over lol

System Name none
Processor AMD R7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF B650 GAMING PLUS Wifi
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory 32GB Kingston 5600MT/s @6200MT/s CL32-36-36-28-68 tweaked sub-timings
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RX 7900 XTX OC
Storage Samsung PM9A1
Display(s) Samsung U28E590
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) none
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Corsair
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores Who cares!
I would love to have this job. I do GPU repairs here in Norway. But would definitely find the time to review stuff.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
I am going to just put this out there for any potential applicants that are on the fence.

1) The Drive to Constantly Improve:
Knowing my writing wasn't great I looked for ways to improve it and mitigate typical errors. For a long time that meant using Grammarly to find missing commas, hyphens, etc. It also highlighted my regional dialect to help me improve overall grammar and flow. So for many years, I paid for that out of pocket in the pursuit to get better.

2)Continually Evaluate Your Process:
Looking at reviews and the overall process I wanted to make sure the results were easy to reproduce and were relevant. Eventually when AMD became competitive again I knew testing only 1 platform wouldn't cut it anymore. Thus Intel and AMD are used in cooler reviews today because one size does not fit all as my reviews regularly show. That said, how I approach a review is different, from many others here at TPU I don't just run hardware tests on say mini-PC I play with it a bit first and use it for tasks here and there to gauge the user experience before I run any tests so I don't influence myself with the numbers first essentially I enter the process as an end user first and then worry about the review aspect second.

3)Pay attention to details:
I looked for value-added categories where I could experiment and learn more. For a while that was Desktops / Laptops alongside coolers. Eventually, I picked up mini-pcs and stuck with them. Being able to be flexible and try new things means constantly evaluating how well you can do the job. For example, I have some space ie a home office. However, at 13 x 8 ft with a test bench and photo bench, and storing the various parts and boxes meant I didn't have the space to handle huge desktops and coolers at the same time. This came to a head when I tested the EK workstation which was massive. The box alone would barely fit through the various doors in my house. Having it around caused me to fall behind because it was in my way constantly. Keep space in mind because you will need a place to take proper photos with consistency which means light stands, backdrops, etc. If reviewing desktops/laptops you will need a quiet enough space to really understand how annoying the fans might be. Loud isn't great but loud isn't the worst thing either. For example, certain frequencies can be 100% far more annoying at say 45 dBA than a simple fan being loud at 50-55 dBA.

4) Don't get overwhelmed:
Say you apply and get accepted. Now anxiety sets in, but don't let it drown you, trust me I know the feeling a $30,000 plus workstation showed up at my door for testing so I really do get it lol. That said, while the team here is based all over the world it also means you have access to a tremendous level of knowledge and different viewpoints. It's okay to ask questions, it's okay to seek advice in fact it is encouraged. I can't count how many times I have asked, ir_cow / cadaveca / W1zzard and many other team members for a second look at a review to make sure it came across as I intended. Or I ran into strange hardware issues that I needed another set of brain cells to help tackle. While it is true that the goal is for us reviewers to operate on our own to a certain degree. That doesn't mean the team isn't right here with a wealth of knowledge to help fill in the gaps, you just need to be able to learn and tackle tasks as an individual. If I can do this you likely can too. Put in the effort and have a genuine love for PC hardware and you can likely hit the ground running. I mean that's what I did and I have been here 11+ years.

stinger608

Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder
System Name Dean Machine/2020 Ryzenfall
Processor Intel 4790K/AMD Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard MSI 1150 Gaming mATX/Gigabyte AORUS ELITE B550
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED/SilverStone AH240 AIO
Memory 16 gigs Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer/16 gigs G.Skill TridentZ NEO DDR4
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 1660 Super/Gigabyte GTX 1660
Storage Crucial SSD 256 and 2TB spinner/Dual Samsung 980 Pro M2 NVME 4.0
Display(s) Overlord 27" 2560 x 1440
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic modular 850 watt Platinum/EVGA T2-850 Titanium
Software Windows 10 Pro/Windows 10 Pro
To go a bit further on what @crazyeyesreaper stated, it would also be beneficial to ask other reviewers their opinions, as they have been in this position for some time and know what is expected of reviewers.

ir_cow

Staff member
. Put in the effort and have a genuine love for PC hardware and you can likely hit the ground running. I mean that's what I did and I have been here 11+ years.
What am I at like 2.5 years for TPU? On year 14 overall.

Only thing I haven't done yet is CPUs, PSU and monitors. None of which I care to write about. PSUs needs a degree to understand what is really going on internally.

But it's been fun overall. Keeps me on my toes and I get new stuff to play with.

System Name Main PC
Processor 13700k
Motherboard Asrock Z690 Steel Legend D4 - Bios 13.02
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 Gig 3200CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 RTX FE 10G
Storage 1TB 980 PRO (OS, games), 2TB SN850X (games), 2TB DC P4600 (work), 2x 3TB WD Red, 2x 4TB WD Red
Display(s) LG 27GL850
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2X
Power Supply Antec HCG 750 Gold
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC
Going to be a 2nd board reviewer then? I remember not long ago, one of the mods got picked for it.

System Name the thing
Processor ryzen 5 pro something
Motherboard aorus b550 ax v2 ultra gaming xtrio suprim wifi tuf II
Cooling stok crap
Memory 32gb
Video Card(s) 6700 xt
Storage 5 tb on 8 drives
Case silencio 550
Mouse g502
Keyboard corsair something
Benchmark Scores slower than your phone
I'm in for mobos

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
I owned OG GameBoy and Nintendo DS Lite. And my sister is a proctologist. Is that enough qualifications for handhelds position?

I read this as you saying your sister was a protagonist.

What is she the main character of?

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
Good luck with the candidates. Hopefully TPU gets some great new reviewers!!

System Name Fujitsu Siemens, HP Workstation
Processor Athlon x2 5000+ 3.1GHz, i5 2400
Motherboard Asus
Memory 4GB Samsung
Video Card(s) rx 460 4gb
Storage 750 Evo 250 +2tb
Display(s) Asus 1680x1050 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) Pioneer
Power Supply 430W
Mouse Acme
Keyboard Trust
Motivated for retro 2005-2020 fastest PC build, with flagship dual GPU.

Processor Intel Core i9-14900K
Motherboard ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero
Cooling Cooler Master MasterLiquid 360 ATMOS
Memory CORSAIR DOMINATOR TITANIUM DDR5-6000 64 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti OC
Storage Seagate FireCuda 520 1 TB
Display(s) LG 27UP600-W
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
Audio Device(s) Onkyo FR-V3 + Onkyo D-062A x 2
Power Supply CORSAIR RM1200x SHIFT
Mouse ASUS ROG HARPE ACE Aim Lab Edition
Keyboard ASUS ROG Strix Scope RX
I'm in Vietnam, so this chance is not mine, good luck to everyone.

System Name HTPC whhaaaat?
Processor 2600k @ 4500mhz
Motherboard Asus Maximus IV gene-z gen3
Cooling Noctua NH-C14
Memory Gskill Ripjaw 2x4gb
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 FTW @ 2037/11016
Storage 2x512GB MX100/1x Agility 3 128gb ssds, Seagate 3TB HDD
Display(s) Vizio P 65'' 4k tv
Case Lian Li pc-c50b
Audio Device(s) Denon 3311
Power Supply Corsair 620HX
Part of being a good writer is getting your thoughts across without being too wory, but sure .. absolutely, if you have more to say, impress me :)

QFT

Site activity, business and money has never been better, and I'm still loving what I do after 20 years :)

added
"Japan"
"If you're applying for multiple positions, you must include a writing sample for each, so we know you understand the tech"

Perhaps you meant to say 'wordy'? Fascinating opinion if so, given your reviews (specifically conclusions) are verbose to the point I wonder if most actually read them thoroughly (fairly certain they don't).

It's especially interesting when many aspects are copy/pasted across similar products, when perhaps those could be contained to the core product (MBA/NFE), with only new particulars for AIB models.

That said, I respect whatever you choose to do. I personally believe well-rounded context doesn't always fit on one line; a pre-set space (all the time), although I understand the desire for that to occur.

Could you consider a new (copy?) editor position as well?

I can't imagine finding enough new/pertinent topics (to others) that go into posting several articles per day, let-alone reiterating them in an all in an engaging way, but often feel I could improve them.

(I'd be open to proof-reading, if not help add some spice. Never with the intention to take control, just help articulate or perhaps fill in conceivable blind-spots/misconceptions that may occur).

I love the site and have appreciated/respected W1zard longer than some members of this site have been alive...I just give him a bit of a hard time occasionally to keep him honest and on his toes.

I truly think, and anyone that has been around as long as I have would almost-certainly agree, he was a pioneer in the space and continues to keep the 'old' spirit of written reviews and linkable charts alive...which is more appreciated than he can possibly imagine. Well, perhaps he can, given he says the site is (still) doing very well in a space that has largely migrated to Youtube (video) and other mediums. I believe it is sites like this one that prompted Gamers Nexus (et al) to re-enter the space by (once-again) making the information in their video reviews available in text format, for which I am also thankful.

Surviving, if not thriving through such a transition speaks volumes to the quality, and to the perseverance of people that frequent the site for that type of information and/or how it is conveyed.

-----

Over the years there have been many times positions like this have come up on this and other sites I have frequented (Anandtech in it's prime, Wccftech back when I frequented there before it became an overwhelming meme cesspool, Kotaku, etc.,), and I've long-held the position that it was my role to be the guy in the comments to fill in the gaps or add extra context; to question the authority and round out the picture of conceivable viewpoints on an issue. It's not with the goal to be a contrarian or rain on anyone's parade for which a product fills their budget/desire, but to allow someone that is writing a piece with a certain narrative to do so, while still showing there are other aspects/viewpoints to consider (or reasons products have certain limitations; hopefully so such obvious segmentation may be mitigated in the future) that can still be contained within the context of that review, article, or subject matter (in the comment section); often that others may think/feel but choose not to say or are afraid to share. My hope has always been to allow as much information to be available in one place as possible, which is why I appreciate there is a discussion post in every review. I feel I've played my role when something like this occurs; people read the review and may or may not realistically want/need a $1000 pair of headphones, but may be interested in HFM. Because of that discussion some may now be aware/reminded there is a cheaper (~$300-400) set available that is very good, but that the manufacturer needs to work on an aspect of their design for certain models (as shown not only by my opinion and/or the editor/reviewer, but by others that agree and participate in the thread with similar concerns/solutions).

TBQH, though, there's never been a time I've more heavily considered applying for such a position. I feel I've banked enough years of experience/knowledge (some that others have yet to learn and other things people will never have to go through simply because things evolved before their interest in something and/or lifetime) that it could be helpful in helping people understand when certain things changed and why, and what improvements have or can still be made; the same goes wrt conceivable regression. Without going into a conceivable Jeff Goldsmith question nobody has asked, I used to spend the majority of my time in a job that confined me to a small area doing mostly-mindless repetitious work, which allowed me to consume a ton of information (through podcasts, music, etc) mentally, and then process that information and what I wanted to say about it while adjusting my required mood/mindset through different emotional aspects of what I listened to afterwards (music or types/ways of going about other discussion). After I left that position I've found myself a little aimless, and disappointed in myself wrt keeping that flow (I think I needed the structure). I can't think of many jobs that would allow me to multi-task in such a fashion; giving my body expected/required purpose while taking in information on something new (and conceivably inspirational) at the same time; actively doing something, learning something new, but also absorbing, contemplating, or repurposing aspects of that I've already learned/appreciated. Doing reviews/editorials may allow a similar type of flow, but I have always been unsure. On top of that, when the guy that goes against the grain, fills in the gaps, or says the unsaid becomes the grain or the creator of those gaps, can one expect another to fill THAT position? I don't know.

Putting a viewpoint out in an official capacity on something is also not quite the same as commenting or writing a blog; there is a requirement to be concise and for there to be a throughline; not go off on one or more tangents. A requirement of professionalism that can't come across as forceful (although that is sometimes required for action to be taken); lest you become shoe-horned into appearing aggressive or a shill if overly focused on one strength or weakness. There's a (personal) requirement of perfectionism/not forgetting something that would probably eat away at me (more than it already does when I choose to comment on something), let-alone worries of writing so much people wouldn't read it thoroughly-enough to absorb all aspects I feel important, although the fact you have focused on noting that there are others more familiar with the workflow available for advice is extremely appreciated...to whomever may end up with such a job. That thoughtfulness should ease some of those concerns to whomever may think to apply.

While I've never wanted clout (I care more about the issues/solutions and spread/sharing of ideas rather than their origin), there is something to be said about the people one appreciates and being able to personally relate that I've never been able to have. Sometimes I wish I did, but other times I feel it's important to not have that expectation of a certain demeanor or style which comes with such as a job.

Maybe I will apply for one of these jobs...someday. Until I can work up enough courage and relinquish enough self-doubt about becoming part of the machine, I shall continue to (thoughtfully) rage against it.

(See? That's 1000+ words; 700+ if you don't count the note to W1zard. I edited it so it's now ~900/1200+...I'm incorrigible when my edits are the desired size of a complete article. :oops:)

Last edited:
System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
@crazyeyesreaper I also have plenty of space in my house it's a 4br 2ba 2ksq ft 2 story house that I've massively decluttered over the years... I have a full room that's huge for my laptop work areas it's the biggest room o the house lol.. it's got lots of pretty lights in it too to make aesthetic af pics lol...

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
@crazyeyesreaper I also have plenty of space in my house it's a 4br 2ba 2ksq ft 2 story house that I've massively decluttered over the years... I have a full room that's huge for my laptop work areas it's the biggest room o the house lol.. it's got lots of pretty lights in it too to make aesthetic af pics lol...
Then apply and get started lol.

Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Testing pre-builts and seeing how they compare against custom builds of similar parts would be fun. Too bad I have a full-time job that doesn't leave me with a lot of free time or energy for the weekend, not to mention the limited space in my apartment. :(

OneWithMisery

I'm a bit curious about this thing and I'm seriously thinking about quitting my current job.
But... I have no confidence on my writing and my photography skills are "quick snap with my phone" :D Maybe I'll try to make some kind of an "application" happen.

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
I'm a bit curious about this thing and I'm seriously thinking about quitting my current job.
I wish I had the courage to quit my full-time job for a part-time one that's at least more fulfilling. Unfortunately, I still need money to live. :(

ir_cow

Staff member
I wish I had the courage to quit my full-time job for a part-time one that's at least more fulfilling. Unfortunately, I still need money to live. :(
Tried that. Ended up with 3 part time jobs instead :) . Now I'm back to this + full-time day job.

Processor 5900x
Motherboard Crosshair 8 Impact
Cooling Air
Memory Hynix C-Die 3200MHz @CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Lots
Display(s) Many
Case Something that protects my innards
Power Supply Seasonic 850FX gen2
Hello, I can't apply to this one unfortunately though I would have liked to, because I'm not in one of the countries eligible. Yet I wanted to draw some attention to the No GPT generated content bit @W1zzard.

I can understand your point of view but isn't this (A) an incredibly easy way to eliminate the incredibly lazy ones out and at the same time (B) allow for good script engineers who can possibly create quality content faster to shine?

These LLMs are part of our lives now and they are of incredible help for very time consuming tasks at my work (academia, R&D); such as, scanning through large documents incredibly reliably. In our case, this means literature scans have gotten a lot shorter and more refined, while developing basic code structures have almost completely diminished while advanced ones have gotten faster.

A person who can generate and/or utilise LLM scripts to their advantage shoulnd't be left out. Getting a good structure for content then refining it delivers both higher quality and shorter production. Come on, you're a tech website.