• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Futuremark 3DMark (2013) v2.0.1979 question

Ok, so today I download and install this latest version of 3DMark Basic Edition. Wasn't expecting much. But apparently got much less?! Like nothing, nada, zip, zilch, jack squat. Cool new look and that's it. Nothing more. Everything's labeled "Not available" or "Advanced Edition only". You pay to play now!!! Or no benchmarks for you!!! Wait. What? Why? For real? You're shitting me right? What's up with that? It's a little late for April Fools...ain't it? Thinking I must be trippin', I've been trying to figure this out for a few hours now. Searching here and there, googling this and that, getting absolutely nowhere. Is this the way it's supposed to be now? Does this thing work for anybody not paying for it any more? Is that the point I'm missing? Am I doing something else wrong besides not clicking "BUY" or pulling an upgrade key out of my ass? Or am I just stuck in the Twilight Zone again? What's the deal? I give up.

System Name AlderLake
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MT/s CL36
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
System Name Lynni PS \ Lenowo TwinkPad L14 G2
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700 Raphael \ i5-1135G7 Tiger Lake-U
Motherboard ASRock B650M PG Riptide Bios v. 2.02 AMD AGESA 1.1.0.0 \ Lenowo BDPLANAR Bios 1.68
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black (Only middle fan) \ Lenowo C-267C-2
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHZ CL36-36-36-96 AMD EXPO \ Willk Elektronik 2x16GB 2666MHZ CL17
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX™ 4070 Dual OC GPU: 2325-2355 MEM: 1462| Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics
Storage Gigabyte M30 1TB|Sabrent Rocket 2TB| HDD: 10TB|1TB \ WD RED SN700 1TB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 27GP850-B 1440p@165Hz | LG 48CX OLED 4K HDR | Innolux 14" 1080p
Case Asus Prime AP201 White Mesh | Lenowo L14 G2 chassis
Audio Device(s) Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 750W Goldie | 65W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeedy Wireless | Lenowo TouchPad & Logitech G305
Keyboard Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize | L14 G2 UK Lumi
Software Win11 Pro 23H2 UK | Win11 LTSC UK / Arch (Fan)
Benchmark Scores 3DMARK: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/89434432? GPU-Z: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details/v3zbr
I bought it a while ago on steam with a big discount, wait for that and buy it then.

Or: http://store.steampowered.com/app/223850/ demo.

I own the steam version too, but srsly it suxx xxxxx bcs it doesn't work for like 75% of all it's users even with the new update it still didn't work for me on Widnows 10 Pro so I downloaded it here from TPU and installed it and it automaticly picked up my serial from steam even it's not installed in the same location and it works wonderfully :laugh:

I did this for now. And got the results I expected to get from the version I installed yesterday. It appears to be a working v2.0.1979 Basic Edition, with all the promised improvements. So if that's what you want, I guess that's the only way to get it now...for free. Or if all you want is a totally non-functional piece of shit promo for it download it from TPU. Why you would is beyond me. But apparently somebody thinks it's a good idea. WTF ever.

EDIT: Oops. I lied. There's no Ice Storm Unlimited. Just Ice Storm Extreme.

Last edited:
System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
I use the firstrike steam demo ,it lets you use all the test, jyst not at all difficulties,and options are missing.but i ran it with 2x gtx970's,and didnt max out the ones available...so i suppose it serves its purpose.

I tried downloading the latest version(v2.0.2067) today, twice. Both times I ended up with a 2.16GB compressed (zipped) folder that was "empty"? Man...I just can't win. :(
3DMark.PNG

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Audio Device(s) on board
hld on, ill dl it, and see if it comes up good or Empty.

thats the same as the Steam version(judging from the pics), just install it through steam, they are both free. with what i would assume is the same functionality.

i used 7Zip and it dl'ed and unzipped fine. from the US server

Last edited:
Tried a couple different servers. Tried a couple different computers. Tried 7zip. Nothing, nothing, nothing. Same thing every time. I'm in The Twilight Zone again. Lots of oddity going on here. Leaving this alone lest I make things worse for myself.

Sorry to bother you guys with it.

I'd also kinda like to know how/why my screen name shows up at the bottom of the page as an actively viewing user/member now when I'm not logged in(regardless of what device I'm currently using too). It's like I can't log out. But I can...supposedly(stay logged in not checked). As another WTF is going on example. But I dare not ask.

Last edited:

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
Tried a couple different servers. Tried a couple different computers. Tried 7zip. Nothing, nothing, nothing. Same thing every time. I'm in The Twilight Zone again. Lots of oddity going on here. Leaving this alone lest I make things worse for myself.

Sorry to bother you guys with it.

I'd also kinda like to know how/why my screen name shows up at the bottom of the page as an actively viewing user/member now when I'm not logged in(regardless of what device I'm currently using too). It's like I can't log out. But I can...supposedly(stay logged in not checked). As another WTF is going on example. But I dare not ask.[/QUOTDid you buy

Did you own 3dMark 2013 before?

Not that I'm aware of. But I've installed several previous versions of free Basic Edition. I tried uninstalling the older version first before installing the version in the OP. Made no difference. But the Steam version installs and works perfectly.

This thread was probably a mistake though. I believe I've angered the gods again. I'd really feel better to call the case closed at this point. Like I said, I don't want to make things worse. The Steam version works. And that's just fine. I'd like that to stay as is. So I better just shut my mouth before they take that away from me too. And no, I'm not kidding...unfortunately.

Last edited:

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
Not that I'm aware of. But I've installed several previous versions of free Basic Edition. I tried uninstalling the older version first before installing the version in the OP. Made no difference. But the Steam version installs and works perfectly.
so if it works in Steam then your all good?

Yes...ALL GOOD! See...no more complaining. I'm a good boy. Sorry I said negative things. My bad. Lesson learned. Won't do that again...I promise.

System Name Lenovo ThinkCentre
Processor AMD 5650GE
Motherboard Lenovo
Memory 32 GB DDR4
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Mouse Lenovo
Keyboard Lenovo
Software W11 Pro 64 bit
Downloading now, just because I am curious.
Edit: it comes up as blank to me too, something about blocked for security because it came from another computer.

Last edited:
In that case it should be as simple as unblocking it. But it doesn't appear to be. Since I'd already tried that. And it didn't work. I even tried downloading it again today and unblocking it again, thinking the issue in regards to the empty folder bit was only temporary(as discussed in your thread). Surprise surprise...no dice once more. So apparently not. Again, WTF ever. Workaround available. Yadda yadda yadda. Thanks for wasting copious amounts of my precious time. Not you if you're wondering what I mean by that. Whoever it is that can't get their head out of their ass and fix this fucking download so it functions correctly and stops causing all the headaches for us. Jesus fucking Christ. The dipshits at Steam seem to be able to handle it. How hard can it fucking be? IT'S NOT WORKING. PLEASE FIX IT OR TAKE IT DOWN. THANKS!!!

At least I don't appear to have been infected with anything as a result of all this senselessness.

Last edited:
Processor i7-11700K
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Audio Device(s) on board
Yes...ALL GOOD! See...no more complaining. I'm a good boy. Sorry I said negative things. My bad. Lesson learned. Won't do that again...I promise.

did You REALLY wait till just now to try the steam version?

Oh hell no. I really did do that as soon as it was first suggested. And in the mean time since it updated itself to the latest version even. Wish I'd have done it sooner and skipped all this BS. That's what I get for trusting TPU downloads. Which I actually still do. Since this is the only instance out of countless downloads where I've had any issues at all.

And yes, I broke my promise. So what? It ain't the first time. Probably won't be the last. Let me have it if you must. I am kidding this time though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherboard ASRock B650M PG Riptide Bios v. 2.02 AMD AGESA 1.1.0.0 \ Lenowo BDPLANAR Bios 1.68
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHZ CL36-36-36-96 AMD EXPO \ Willk Elektronik 2x16GB 2666MHZ CL17
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX™ 4070 Dual OC GPU: 2325-2355 MEM: 1462| Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics
Display(s) LG UltraGear 27GP850-B 1440p@165Hz | LG 48CX OLED 4K HDR | Innolux 14" 1080p
Benchmark Scores 3DMARK: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/89434432? GPU-Z: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details/v3zbr
My winrar gave me an error for the latest version of 3DMark some days ago, so I went to Guru3d to download it and it worked from there could unpack it.

Noticed there was a new 3rd US(US-3) server up today. Tried that one and it finally worked...

NOT!!!

The folder wasn't empty at least this time. But I'm right back to the same issue with the previous version. Totally non-functional POS promo. See posts #1 and #5. Come on TPU. Get your friggen act together already for crying out loud. You're starting to look really bad here. Don't you think?

I'd pondered trying guru. Guess I'll be jumping ship and doing that now. Why? Because I can. Mostly because I've never had to revert to a Steam demo for a free 3DMark product(all of which I've been using for well over a decade without issues, like every one there is). And I see no reason to be satisfied with that option now. That and having a bunch of shit that doesn't need to be running in the background while benching is slightly counter-intuitive. Why not open a couple web browsers and defrag my disks while I'm at it?

EDIT: Same story from Guru. So SCREW YOU TOO 3DMARK!!! What's the story with this bullshit all the sudden? Advertising one thing and giving me another? I oughta sue your asses.

Last edited by a moderator:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
LOLOLOL. Works fine for me, so I'd hazard a guess that its something on your system causing the problems since another user (jboydgolfer) posted that it worked for them too. Maybe put your head together with the other user here (puma99dk|) who has problems, see if you can find the commonality.

AsRock

TPU addict
I just use the demo to see if shits working ok ( DX ), other wise i think the program pretty pointless anyways.

I don't know what or why. But it's definitely not just 2 of us. I just tried installing it on my Vista PC and it does appear to work on that one. It even suggested the Ice Storm Unlimited benchmark for it on the opening page(onboard graphics currently). But even though that's only showed up with one Basic Edition version yet, I tried running it and got an immediate error and it refuses to run it. "Workload produced no results" score 0. What workload? Damn thing won't even run for a second. But Ice Storm Unlimited still does not even show up on the benchmarks page with that install either(or any other so far, including the Steam demo). So that's false advertising there period. So far as I know Ice Storm Unlimited does not actually exist. But of course you're going to tell me that works fine for you too...right?

So, if it's not some stupid Windows 10 thing, then I don't know what it is. Because that's pretty much the only relevant difference between the 2 PCs I've installed it on.

EDIT: The problem, as it turns out, with my Vista PC is lack of appropriate screen resolution to run the test. 1600x1200 don't cut it.

Last edited:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Yeah, it works fine for me, but I have several fully paid-for "Advanced Version" copies (used in nearly every review I've ever done here, so I have access to both W1zzard's copy and my own personal copies). So I can only talk about paid-for versions, since the registration info is left behind.

What I'm talking about working, though, is the downloads from our servers here on TPU. You mentioned you had issues unpacking, both from here and from Guru3D, and since we downloaded from the same sources, and mine works but yours does not, I suggest looking for the problem elsewhere in your system.

AFAIK, you only get to run 1 test on the free version.

I do test in Windows 10 exclusively these days. Posted both a motherboard and memory review in the past two weeks, respectively. I'm sorry that that doesn't really help you any, but I can say that I've installed both times for those reviews on a fresh install, and just because of this thread I downloaded and installed both the .1979 and the more recent version.

LOLOLOL. Works fine for me, so I'd hazard a guess that its something on your system causing the problems since another user (jboydgolfer) posted that it worked for them too. Maybe put your head together with the other user here (puma99dk|) who has problems, see if you can find the commonality.

with the new 2067 I got no issues just downloaded it from the DE server here on TPU I can unpack it with WinRAR 5.10 beta 1 64bit (yeh ik it needs to be updated just haven't got around to do it :laugh:)

cadaveca

My name is Dave
with the new 2067 I got no issues just downloaded it from the DE server here on TPU I can unpack it with WinRAR 5.10 beta 1 64bit (yeh ik it needs to be updated just haven't got around to do it :laugh:)
I just use the default unzip tool that Win10 offers (right-click, extract all). I no longer test using WinRAR, so I have no need to install it... yet. :p

Thanks for confirming no problems with the downloads though. ;)