• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

madian

just tried this have a msi p45 motherboard with 2 msi gtx680 patched ok and ran install all ok rebooted but still no sli using latest nvidia drivers and win10 64bit both cards show in nvidia control but no sli

Kakoes

Anybuddy got it working on intel x38 board with 2 nvidia quadro fx 4600 ?

Sliker_166

Finally found some free time to look over the changes, should be working now: http://uppit.com/yk22mq3chp4h
Thank you so much @mgi125! :peace:
We really appreciate your effort to release this new version of DifferentSLI. :toast:

I'll try this today, as soon as I've finished I'll post here the results.

You made it @mgi125 !! Your new version of DifferentSLI worked perfectly! :clap:

You're amazing @mgi125 ! Thank you another time for being here helping the community. :respect:

You are really the best . I'll try soon and report back . In the meantime if anyone manages to make it work please let us know
@LoWRiDeR82 I tested and It worked!!!! :rockout:

Anybuddy got it working on intel x38 board with 2 nvidia quadro fx 4600 ?
My motherboard has a X48 chipset, it worked for me so it must work for you as well.

Attachments

• SLI_375.70.png
    SLI_375.70.png
    244.5 KB · Views: 859
Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Medianox Engel | Medianoc Engel Renascitur
Processor i7 4770K | i9 9900KS
Motherboard Asrock z87 OC Formula/AC | Asrock z390 Phantom Gaming X
Cooling Corsair h100 | Custom loop
Memory 8 gb corsair vengance DDR3 | G Skill trident Z royal 3200 DDR4
Video Card(s) 3x MSI Nvidia GTX 760 N Hawks | Yeston RX 6700 XT
Storage SSd raid 0 array 240gb boot 2Tb HDD raid 5 array. | 1TB NVME m.2, 4TB & 6 TB raid5 array
Display(s) surround display group. | Lg ultrawide
Case Rosewill Throne Windowed
Mouse Logitech M570 and G360
Keyboard HP SK 2502
I shall report in on how it works after I have updated my drivers, I am running win 8 x64 pro on an asrock Z87 OC Formula/ac.
Well I had to do a system restore as it did work but after the restart my screen kept coming on I could see mouse but then it went black, and repeated over and over. Though that was with 375.70 I will try the driver before that when I get back.

Last edited:
i cant do the download... anyone can post it in a different site please?

Thanks very very much to the dev @mgi125. if we can support you with a small tip/donation tell me how, i would be glad to help you.

Bap

So I have an odd issue, I'm probably doing something wrong. I dont have the nvlddmkm.sys in windows>sys32>drivers. Neither of my machines running nvidia GPUs have it actually. I'm running windows 10, could it be anywhere else?

I ran the tool with a nvlddmkm.sys I downloaded from the net and it actually ran smoothly but I still could not activate SLI. I'm trying with 2 970s for reference.

Thanks.

Thanks, ill try and if i put it to work, i tell you the location of the file

i got it working in windows 10 bap. file for 375.70 is located on the following path:

System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_848dea456d3c865e\%_nvlddmkm%.sys

get the file from there, patch it, then you got to edit the cmd file with this path

hope you can make it

Last edited by a moderator:

Bap

i got it working in windows 10 bap. file for 375.70 is located on the following path:

System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_848dea456d3c865e\%_nvlddmkm%.sys

get the file from there, patch it, then you got to edit the cmd file with this path

hope you can make it

I found the driver but It still does not work for me. Process went smoothly again but no SLI in the control panel.

I'll get myself another SLI bridge and try that. Otherwise I'm out of ideas.

You missing some steps then for sure. Its not sli bridge.

When i get home again i ll upload you my cmd file to easy up the process for you and tell you in few steps how to get it working

Bap

You missing some steps then for sure. Its not sli bridge.

When i get home again i ll upload you my cmd file to easy up the process for you and tell you in few steps how to get it working

Cool thanks, I'll keep an eye out on this thread then.

so:
1- first of all, do fresh install of 375.70 (its better)

2 -Go get the file (nvlddmkm.sys) in the location i told you. (System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_848dea456d3c865e\%_nvlddmkm%.sys) copy it into your different sliauto 1.6 paste and patch it.

3- Del your install file and paste mine there, (its already edited with the location, so you good to go.

4- open MSconfig click on 2ºnd tab (boot up) and check the box secure boot and minimum. it will ask you to restart, do it

5- after the restart, you just need to open your different sli auto paste and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR the install file, it will tell you in the end that 1 file was sucessefully copied.

6- you need to go on system32 paste and open msconfig from there, and disable the boxes you enabled before, (disable the secure boot) it will ask you again to reboot, do it

7- it should be working now... but you might see some test sign water mark, to disable it run CMD AS ADMINISTRATOR, paste this: bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF and click enter

8- each time you turn on the pc you will need to do this: click on window button on left botton corner then the wheel for definitions, Update and security, recovery, on advance boot click reboot now, trobleshout (2 icon), advance options, boot definitions, reboot. Last click on number 7 ( disabled signed controlers)

My windows is in portuguese, some translations might not be 100 accurate, but i hope you unterstand all

if you dont understand try follow this video:

Attachments

• Novo Arquivo WinRAR.rar
    778 bytes · Views: 666

Bap

Hey man that worked thanks a lot. I had just about given up. Appreciate the help dude.

I'm guessing theres no way of bypassing the restart thing? Thats a little of a hassle but I'm happy to have it working.

Comunity is this, each one help in the ways they can, u uploaded it for me, i help getting it to work xD

Google about permanently disable drivers signature so you dont need that restart procedure...

Last edited:

Bap

Comunity is this, each one help in the ways they can, u uploaded it for me, i help getting it to work xD

Google about permanently disable drivers signature so you sont need that restart procedure...

No worries, thanks again man, I'm sure I can figure out the rest.

Storage SSd raid 0 array 240gb boot 2Tb HDD raid 5 array. | 1TB NVME m.2, 4TB & 6 TB raid5 array
Keyboard HP SK 2502
Well was able to get windows to boot using your install command Arkanggel10 but still no SLI. Keep in mind I am using Windows 8 pro x64. I do have my computer duel booted but my windows 10 install is barely functional, I do not want to have to switch my OS all the time depending on what games I am playing as my computer is also the house hold media server. I apologize for the large Screen Shot as it is 4k.

Maybe in windows 8 the location of the .sys file is different

If that is the case you need to edit some lines in install file with the correct path

Keyboard HP SK 2502
I would like to correct my previous post. I decided to run the original install command and restart. When I restarted I had the option to SLI.
How I was able to get this was.
1. Copied over the nvlddmkm.sys. (located by finding the folder starting with nv_dispi.inf_amd64 that was changed with the date of the driver install.)
2. Ran the different SLI 1.6 patch.
3. Copied my different SLI 1.6 folder into a new folder in the same root folder.
4. Replaced the install command in differet SLI 1.6 with Arkanngel10's install command.
5. Ran Arkanggel10's install command.
6. Told Pc to restart. If pc has issue that references a memory error hit cancel. Then tell it to restart again. (use task manager to restart explorer if neccessary)
7. Ran the origianl install command that was in my unchanged copy of the Different SLI 1.6 folder.
8. Restarted PC.
9. Enabled SLI.

For some reason I was unable to fix the memory error and get sli though with just the original install command.
(As before sorry about Screen Shot size)

janrfactor2

the cmd script returns a message
that sez that the file cant be accest because it is used in a other proces