• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

@Màthair
How did you get this mod in DTS tab?
It is in win 7 or win 10?
Can you send a link of your driver?
I would really appreciate it :)

This is the Driver, was published and shared by @dododo , but i did some fixes on the HDXRT4.inf, because don`t display/execute the realtek sound manager, the person who create the driver.... ufff, well, did some BIG mistakes. And i add some files/Libraries (.dll) to fix it, and now execute the realtek audio manager. To me this is very important, why i ned to configure the realtek manager........ If after i install the Sound BlasterX 720 don`t work in the moment to execute it. Well, i fiz that incovenences/problems in the HDXRT4.inf my friend.

Here`s the link to the driver that shared @dododo :

http://www.mediafire.com/file/m6g2279rton3tfs/RealtekHD-mod_atmos_dts_sbx720.zip

And here`s the HDXRT4.inf i create to fix these problems:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/v85n4oruyms1jx4/HDXRT4.7z

Just, eliminate the HDXRT4.inf into the subfolder WIN64, and copa&paste into the subfolder this i created. Execute the seup.exe in test mode, and install it.

That`s all.

Processor Intel Core i7 7700K
Motherboard ASUS Z270G-GAMING
Cooling CRYORIG M9i
Memory Corsair 4GBx2
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX GTX1060 6GB
Storage WD NVMe 512GB + WD HDD 1TB
Display(s) EIZO EV2451
Case CoolerMaster Silencio 352
Audio Device(s) Realtek S1220A + Sound Blaser AE-5
Power Supply CoolerMaster V750
Mouse Razer Naga Chrome
Keyboard Realforce 91UBK
Software Windows 10 Pro
I was able to create a new Mod:cool:
It is based on HDXRT.inf of Realtek WHQL (6.0.1.8363).
1 First select the software you want to work with Creative. Please put that DLL in WIN64.
2 If you use DTS X please put software before the driver!
(Jack detection FIX)

3 Select the driver you want to use.
Would you like Creative Only or Creative + Sub?
For DAX 3, we will issue an error so we recommend DAX 2.

4 Install the Realtek driver.
5 Please enjoy surround.

I will continue reading as I have written detailed information in the txt file.
Test environment: Windows 10 ALC 1220 (I do not have Win 7, Sorry)
Supported chip: ALC2xx - 12xx

Supported software:
ASIO support: Yes
Main: X-FI MB 5 or Cinema 3 or X 720
Sub: DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS
DOLBY AUDIO (DAX 2) or DOLBY ATOMS (DAX 3)
DTS X (Default ver or ASUS ver)
Realtek Mod Suite.jpg

Attachments

• Sound Property FIX.jpg
    Sound Property FIX.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 3,679
Last edited:
Guys, anybody has doblby atmos working without message "tuning data is missing"?

@alanfox2000
@Màthair
"Install Instruction:
1. Uninstall any realtek audio driver from control panel and make sure the devices manager show the audio devices is High Definition Audio Device from Microsoft
2. Run Audio Driver Registry Clean.reg
3 Copy HDXRT4.inf to WIN64 (DAX2 folder for Dolby Audio, DAX3 folder for Dolby Atmos) You cannot install both!
4. Install though device manager (https://goo.gl/E8P8Kr)
5. run Restart Audio Services.bat
6. Install Audio Enhancer (You cannot have BOTH Sound BlasterX 720° and SRS Premium Sound ! If you have installed Sound BlasterX 720°, please disable SRS Premium Sound from the realtek control panel and speakers property)"

How to install this mod?
Because when i installed from the device manager then PC crashed :(
Any help?

Last edited:
I was able to create a new Mod:cool:
It is based on HDXRT.inf of Realtek WHQL (6.0.1.8363).
1 First select the software you want to work with Creative. Please put that DLL in WIN64.
2 If you use DTS X please put software before the driver!
(Jack detection FIX)

3 Select the driver you want to use.
Would you like Creative Only or Creative + Sub?
For DAX 3, we will issue an error so we recommend DAX 2.

4 Install the Realtek driver.
5 Please enjoy surround.

I will continue reading as I have written detailed information in the txt file.
Test environment: Windows 10 ALC 1220 (I do not have Win 7, Sorry)
Supported chip: ALC2xx - 12xx

Supported software:
ASIO support: Yes
Main: X-FI MB 5 or Cinema 3 or X 720
Sub: DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS
DOLBY AUDIO (DAX 2) or DOLBY ATOMS (DAX 3)
DTS X (Default ver or ASUS ver)
View attachment 97585

I used your file and follow the instruction to install soundblaster 720 only. But I always get "Your audio device cannot be detected. Please check your connection" on sound blaster connect. What should I do?

Last edited:
@alanfox2000
@Màthair
"Install Instruction:
1. Uninstall any realtek audio driver from control panel and make sure the devices manager show the audio devices is High Definition Audio Device from Microsoft
3 Copy HDXRT4.inf to WIN64 (DAX2 folder for Dolby Audio, DAX3 folder for Dolby Atmos) You cannot install both!
6. Install Audio Enhancer (You cannot have BOTH Sound BlasterX 720° and SRS Premium Sound ! If you have installed Sound BlasterX 720°, please disable SRS Premium Sound from the realtek control panel and speakers property)"

How to install this mod?
Because when i installed from the device manager then PC crashed :(
Any help?

Then install it entering in test mode, execute setup.exe and accept "install this driver anyway", restart......... And when return to windows configure the realtek audio manager and install the software added into the driver realtek. After this install the crack of SBX 720, once done this, install tehe setup of 720 Console. Restart again, and enjoy @Jimmy9303. Ah yeah, remenber return to normal mode of windows again.

Cooling CRYORIG M9i
Memory Corsair 4GBx2
Display(s) EIZO EV2451
Mouse Razer Naga Chrome
Keyboard Realforce 91UBK
Software Windows 10 Pro
Last edited:
Cooling CRYORIG M9i
Memory Corsair 4GBx2
Display(s) EIZO EV2451
Mouse Razer Naga Chrome
Keyboard Realforce 91UBK
Software Windows 10 Pro
Still got error on creative software even after copying the kga files to ProgramData\Creative.

ProgramData \ Creative \ SoftwareLock should be in KGA file.
I think that it will work.

It depends on the sound chip. Most are supported, only 1 of the few is not possible, in the file it just support the kga a few chip-audio only
Yeah, but I got the same sound chip as him (ALC1220). So the chip shouldn't be the problem I guess.

Audio Enhancer Collection : https://pastebin.com/5K4rqWxc
View attachment 97555

Realtek 6.0.1.8366 & 6.0.1.8302 driver mod x64
Original by http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_17b2ea0820102xad0.html
Download: https://pastebin.com/44NhNEGd

Supported OS
Windows 10 x64
Windows 8.1 x64 (non tested, dolby atmos is for Winodows 10 only ,DO NOT install the atmos app & api)

Integrate with
1. Sound BlasterX 720° (Require installed Creative Alchemy & Creative Connection Service)
2. SRS Premium Sound
3. Dolby Audio
4. Dolby Atmos
5. DTS Studio Sound
6. Audio by Harman

Install Instruction:
6. Install Audio Enhancer (You cannot have BOTH Sound BlasterX 720° and SRS Premium Sound ! If you have installed Sound BlasterX 720°, please disable SRS Premium Sound from the realtek control panel and speakers property)

Viper4Windows + FX Enhancer + 8366 mod, without modify the modded driver, do not conflict with other FX, working on Windows 10 Version 1709
View attachment 97557
This is not working on Realtek ALC269, there is no sound at all, but the audio enhancers are connected. Please fix it, i desperately want to try Audio by Harman and DTS Studio Sound on my old Asus N43SM. The only Mod that working on my laptop is from Màthair, SBConnect 720 mod. Thx in advance.

This is not working on Realtek ALC269, there is no sound at all, but the audio enhancers are connected. Please fix it, i desperately want to try Audio by Harman and DTS Studio Sound on my old Asus N43SM. The only Mod that working on my laptop is from Màthair, SBConnect 720 mod. Thx in advance.

Have you try
set the correct audio output devices in Realtek HDA manager and

img5.png

set the Realtek HDA as default devices and

img6.png

add your hardware ID in your HDXRT4.inf?
img7.png

Also folks, the SRS, it works (able to turn on) only with 2.0 config, isnt there possibility to run on 5.1 (7.1)?

Have you try

View attachment 97672

View attachment 97673

View attachment 97674
Thx for reply. In chinesse? :) Yes i have put my hardware id before i installed the realtek driver. Ok, i'll try again, this time with change the realtek setting.

Have you try

View attachment 97672

View attachment 97673

View attachment 97674
It's still not working bro, and realtek control in control panel is crash, but all audio enhancer are connected to the driver, weird..

Last edited:
I tried out the sound blaster cinema 3, mb5 and x720 mods you guys posted. And so far to me the best sounding mod is just Dolby Atmos. If someone can update the the driver for Dolby Atmos that would be great.

I tried out the sound blaster cinema 3, mb5 and x720 mods you guys posted. And so far to me the best sounding mod is just Dolby Atmos. If someone can update the the driver for Dolby Atmos that would be great.
Guys ignore this post, I just reinstalled the mod with sound blaster x720 and Dolby Atmos. The sound is much clearer and better.

Last edited:
System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition
Atmos is not about sound clarity is about multi channel positioning, you who have all this mixture of all known and unknown standards crossed and installed all over and have NETFLIX , open the APP , Select Altered Carbon then INFO and post screen shot here . I wonder what I will see ?

Without modded realtek driver&disable driver signature, testing:D
testing.png

If someone interest the problem in "missing tuning data", tuning data can be found in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dolby\DAX3"

Dandaivin

hey quick question why is the downloaded zip empty from the link to the onedrive given.

Cablecutter

Hi all,

I have an issue to my windows 10 HTPC / Radeon rx 560 HDMI audio out to a Denon x2300w. Using the stock windows audio drivers I can't get more than 2.0 stereo. Surround sound content just results in silence when passed as bitstream.

It was suggested that I try this Dolby driver, but I see that it has not been updated in a while. I am curious if the user's here think this is a worthwhile solution.

Best,
Rob