• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

My new mod win10 driver x64 only will not use Creative APO to chain SFX/MFX/EFX, only chain UI

Add a UI to disable Sound Blaster

I don't have Dolby UWP DAX3API x86 files, I cannot mod x86 realtek driver

Dolby Atmos / Dolby Atmos Sound System / Dolby Audio Apps UI are same

Also, you can change Dolby/DTS App Preset from different OEM

View attachment 98865
You couldn't crack Dolby uwp?

Can anyone advise how to make dax2 only or (dts only) driver mod?
I tried editing hdxrt4.inf from whql driver and all messed up.

I noticed this
Dolby Atmos Api > Updatedax3db > Dolby Atmos App = also delete DAX3.sdf file from C:/Program Files/Common Files/Dolby/DAX3 folder
Recopy n place DAX3.sdf file in that folder make Atmos app working again but “tuning data is missing” still appear :(
Still no luck for Atmos?

When i try to edit DAX3.sdf file, the following happens.
I think it will need a bruteforce for the pass. Does anyone know the password for DAX3.sdf? :D

I had success open Dolby Atmos Windows App before, but now Dolby Atmos don't open
.NET Runtime Error on event log

Image 1.png

System Name Custom Build
Processor Intel core i3 6100 at 3.7 GHZ
Motherboard Asus H110M-E
Cooling Intel Stock Cooler
Memory 8 GB Kingston DDR4 2133Mhz
Video Card(s) Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050
Storage 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm
Display(s) Acer S220 HQL 21.5”
Case Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 3.1
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC 887
Power Supply Thermaltake Lite Power 500W
Mouse Cooler Master Devastator II Mouse
Keyboard Cooler Master Devastator II Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores NA
I had success open Dolby Atmos Windows App before, but now Dolby Atmos don't open
.NET Runtime Error on event log

View attachment 98883
Strange! It didn't happens on me. Where did u copy DAX3.sdf file from? OEM driver folder?
Or in case try this one
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsodMT_CwFZbmhV3SNX1vAAroGA4

When i place it in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dolby\DAX3 folder , it automatically generate profile files ( .xml ) ...etc..
Which windows version ur on? My vesion is

Attachments

• Capture 1.PNG
    Capture 1.PNG
    41.1 KB · Views: 899
  • Capture 2.PNG
    Capture 2.PNG
    17 KB · Views: 495
@alanfox2000 Disable Driver Signature Verification
bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

Does it require?

by edit:

Ok, I already know everything.

Last edited:
System Name Custom Build
Motherboard Asus H110M-E
Benchmark Scores NA

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver WHQL

Mod Driver Version: 6.0.1.8403

For Windows 10 x64 Only, work with:

- Dolby Audio / Dolby Atmos / Dolby Atmos Sound System ( UWP App / Desktop App)
- DTS Audio
- Sound BlasterX 720°

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/u4dx5cfh1dmaich/20180328_realtek_hda_8403_WIN10_64.exe
Nice!
Does UWP version have “tuning data” problem?
By the way, It looks like “Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater” program in Universal App format. Right?
Also, did u manage to fix .NET Runtime problem? :D

System Name Custom Build
Motherboard Asus H110M-E
Benchmark Scores NA
Work perfect for me (Realtek 889).
Great! So “tuning data is missing” appears nomore. :) I’ll try it tomorrow. How is it different from desktop Atmos? Audio quality?

Last edited:

dGVjaHBvd2VydXA

I'm on a GE62 msi laptop with an ALC892 and nahimic. The laptop needs nahimic and an msi version of the realtek drivers in order to switch the dual 3.5mm/spdif port to spdif output I believe, the realtek HD audio manger doesn't work on this laptop

I got Dolby Digital Live (5.1 Surround Sound) working using the realtek.hd.sound.driver-patch.exe patch on the drivers provided by msi, but I am getting stereo or 3.1 in a lot of games. I tried the xaudio2 patches, one problem is I have 10 xaudio2 dlls, and the patches I can find all seem to only have/patch 8 dlls.

With the patches CSGO is fixed and working in 5.1, but CSsource and Company of Heroes 1 & 2 are still not working.
Battlefront 2015 and Mario Kart Double Dash are working in 5.1 (not sure if they needed the patches or not)

Does anyone know of a modern patch for the xaudio2 .dlls? Also is there any extra software I should try running? When I run the test under Default Format I only hear a tone out of the left and right speaker and then the test ends, is that the normal behaviour? I'm also looking for something to upmix stereo to 5.1 so I don't have to switch off DDL when I want to upmix stereo music

Last edited:
System Name Custom Build
Motherboard Asus H110M-E
Benchmark Scores NA
I get error code : -0001 when install realtek mod driver .

how to fix it?
Did u install it in windows testmode?

System Name Custom Build
Motherboard Asus H110M-E
Benchmark Scores NA
yes. I did

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON
Try install through device manager.
Anyway what’s the command say? “The command completed successfully “ appears in cmd?
Can i get a screenshot of errors when u install through device manager

Last edited:
Try install through device manager.
Anyway what’s the command say? “The command completed successfully “ appears in cmd?
Can i get a screenshot of errors when u install through device manager

how to install through device manger?

System Name Custom Build
Motherboard Asus H110M-E
Benchmark Scores NA
how to install through device manger?
Oops. Problem is , i don’t have computer access right now. I’m typing from a phone. So I can’t give screenshots of the process. Search previous posts or....
Win icon(Start button) > right click > select device manager.
Search audio and game controllers > realtek audio device or hd audio device > double click > go to driver tab > uninstall ( if u have installed a driver before) (also select the Delete driver software checkbox) > Restart.
Open device manager again and go to audio device > driver tab > update driver > select Browse my computer for...etc > Let’s me pick....etc > click Have Disk and browse to the folder of driver software u downloaded ( Win64 folder and find the .inf file. (Usually hdxrt.inf or hdxrt4.inf....etc)
Click ok and install. Sorry for the messy reply

@byu1 Does ur windows desktop background have watermarks at the lower right corner which says ur windows is in Test Mode? Just to be sure.

Oops. Problem is , i don’t have computer access right now. I’m typing from a phone. So I can’t give screenshots of the process. Search previous posts or....
Win icon(Start button) > right click > select device manager.
Search audio and game controllers > realtek audio device or hd audio device > double click > go to driver tab > uninstall ( if u have installed a driver before) (also select the Delete driver software checkbox) > Restart.
Open device manager again and go to audio device > driver tab > update driver > select Browse my computer for...etc > Let’s me pick....etc > click Have Disk and browse to the folder of driver software u downloaded ( Win64 folder and find the .inf file. (Usually hdxrt.inf or hdxrt4.inf....etc)
Click ok and install. Sorry for the messy reply

@byu1 Does ur windows desktop background have watermarks at the lower right corner which says ur windows is in Test Mode? Just to be sure.

yes. the right corner show test code.

Now install through device manager successful, no error. the new problem is when choose Dolby UWP APP, choose DAXUISnG, DAXUISnG_2.1.218.0_x64_Test, I followed the direction in readme, but dolby audio installed failed. Also the in windows sound, there is no change, no dolby tabs. default format still all 2 channels, no multi formats.

I have installed the mod and installed Dolby Atmos sound system uwp and the problem is regardless of what preset you choose, you can't hear the difference.

Install through setup.exe error -> install through Device Manager

No Dolby tabs on playback devices ( you install inf for Dolby UWP App) -> it is normal

Dolby App no sound effect / Dolby App show driver problem -> after install driver, reboot. Open Dolby App, make sure DolbyDAXAPI is running. Click the ON/OFF button on Dolby App to check Dolby sound effect

2.png

You should use one Dolby UWP App only, and you should use the correct preset.
Folder under Dolby UWP APP:

DAXUIDolbyAudio : Dolby Audio App Install Folder
DAXUIMainstream: Dolby Atmos App Install Folder
DAXUISnG: Dolby Atmos Sound System App Install Folder

Dolby UWP App install problem -> Copy App install folder to C:\ drive (e.g. C:\DAXUIMainstream) , run Add-AppDevPackage.ps1 with powershell to install

The driver already auto install Dolby Atmos Sound System IdeaCentre AIO 950 preset file to C:\Windows\System32\dolbyaposvc\Default.xml
Not necessary to change the preset file if you want install Dolby Atmos Sound System UWP app

No sound effect:
Make sure you do not check disable sound enhancement on Sound Blaster Tab. If it is checked, it will not only disable Sound BlasterX 720° sound effect, and also Dolby UWP App, DTS Audio sound effect.

3.png

DTS Audio No Sound Effect:

Open FX Configurator, select speakers & click apply ( registy take admin right )

Click "Open Regedit"

make sure the reg key {7a8b74c8-fa66-4460-8542-d6119c59e9d4},2 value is C:\ProgramData\SRS Labs\APO\slconfig.xml

Delete {7A8B74C8-FA66-4460-8542-D6119C59E9D4},99 reg key

open Windows Services (services.msc), right click DTS APO Service & select restart

if DTS APO Service don`t start, reinstall DTS Audio software & check the reg key again

Last edited:

arman258

What is the procedure to install this on Lenovo Y720? The latest version in Lenovo site is 6.0.1.8216.

What is the procedure to install this on Lenovo Y720? The latest version in Lenovo site is 6.0.1.8216.
Download the driver file, unzip it, the install guide is on readme.txt

==================================================================================

Adding ViPER4Windows to Modded Realtek High Definition Audio Driver WHQL 6.0.1.8403 Win10 x64 without Virtual Audio Cable

Tool: FX Configurator
Viper4Windows x64 Setup (with auto reg fix):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6zz8oyfqm49z91l/ViPER4Windows64.exe

Great Preset by anarki999
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ds843v633qk3ijk/ViPER4Windows_Presets.exe

1. Install Viper4Windows x64 Setup from above line
2. Open Viper4Windows Configurator as admin, Tick Modded Realtek High Definition Audio to install
3. Open Viper4Windows Configurator agian, untick Modded Realtek High Definition Audio to uninstall
4. Open FX Configurator, select Modded Realtek High Definition Audio, click apply, then open regedit.
5. Click FxProperties Registry key, Edit registry value {D04E05A6-594B-4fb6-A80D-01AF5EED7D1D},15, add data {DA2FB532-3014-4B93-AD05-21B2C620F9C2} & Reboot.

Image 2.png

Last edited:
System Name Custom Build
Motherboard Asus H110M-E
Benchmark Scores NA
Ok! tested and here's my story

Driver installation - Ok

UWP apps installation - Ok (for those who can't install UWP apps, enable developer mode in windows settings > update and security > for developers)

Desktop apps installation - Ok but...... * Dolby Atmos desktop app is completely broken, it won't open anymore whatever u do. (click updatedax3.db or skip updatedax.db, neither will work, even copy n place dax3.sdf in "C:/Program Files/Common Files/Dolby/DAX3" folder ;which works in earlier driver version doesn't work in this driver version)

Audio quality - No :D
Why? For me i use a desktop PC with 2.1 speaker system and all the profiles included in this driver (Dolby presets) are tuned for internal speakers such as laptop build in speakers.
So they all will sound like very small speakers, no bass, loud mid , cracking high etc....o_O even worse when u not disable creative sound blaster enhancement.
For those people who use stereo speaker, 2.1 , 5.1 , 7.1 , digital reveiver....etc just disable all enhancements. It will sounds better i think :p

@alanfox2000 i can disable sound blaster enhancement in both driver installation mode (UWP and Desktop) and makes Dolby only active. But in Desktop mode, i have to try many times. Sometimes disabling sound blaster enhancement disables all enhancement but sometimes not. Anyway, why both dolby audio and dolby atmos are present in speaker properties? also surround visualization is so broken to listen in Dolby Audio App (Dolby Atmos is broken hence i can't test it)...
By the way, Great Job @alanfox2000 Thanks for the driver. :):respect:

Tested with headphones too. Headphones will sound better than external speakers i think but not for the high amp headphones. It still lack booming bass and make high amp heaphones like cheap earphones......... :D Just test urself and listen the difference

@byu1 @Jayce Yes! me too. At first, i hear no difference. But if u disable effect and enable it again may sometimes hear some difference (power button on and off). Sometimes u have to stop DolbyDAXApi Service and start it again. But i'm sure if u replace default profiles (C:\Windows\System32\dolbyaposvc) with included profiles of ur choice , WILL MAKE THE BIG DIFFERENCE! Also u may not like it :) just try it urself guys :D

PS: if u have SKU problem with UWP apps, edit the default.xml file in C:\Windows\System32\dolbyaposvc with a notepad. (Default driver installion is for Dolby Atmos Sound System App so u will have this problem when u've installed different App) Search for the word "SnG" (Ctrl+F will save ur time) and change it to "Mainstream" for Dolby Atmos ( "DolbyAudio" for Dolby Audio ) and save.
Can't save? allow full control of dolbyaposvc folder via the security tab...

Have a good time :D

Attachments

• Capture 1.PNG
    Capture 1.PNG
    394.4 KB · Views: 933
  • Capture 2.PNG
    Capture 2.PNG
    26.4 KB · Views: 894
  • Capture 3.png
    Capture 3.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 969
  • Capture 4.PNG
    Capture 4.PNG
    240.1 KB · Views: 986
Last edited:
Ok! tested and here's my story

Driver installation - Ok

UWP apps installation - Ok (for those who can't install UWP apps, enable developer mode in windows settings > update and security > for developers)

Desktop apps installation - Ok but...... * Dolby Atmos desktop app is completely broken, it won't open anymore whatever u do. (click updatedax3.db or skip updatedax.db, neither will work, even copy n place dax3.sdf in "C:/Program Files/Common Files/Dolby/DAX3" folder ;which works in earlier driver version doesn't work in this driver version)

Audio quality - No :D
Why? For me i use a desktop PC with 2.1 speaker system and all the profiles included in this driver (Dolby presets) are tuned for internal speakers such as laptop build in speakers.
So they all will sound like very small speakers, no bass, loud mid , cracking high etc....o_O even worse when u not disable creative sound blaster enhancement.
For those people who use stereo speaker, 2.1 , 5.1 , 7.1 , digital reveiver....etc just disable all enhancements. It will sounds better i think :p

Did you talking about cracking sound using INF for "Dolby Desktop App\HDXMB3H.inf" or the default HDXMB3H.inf UWP one?

I have not tested the desktop version inf, since the dolby desktop app don't start.

I have tested disable sound enhancement on Sound Blaster Tab , will also DTS Audio sound effect.

I am using Dolby Atmos Sound system UWP App, no cracking sound. Make be you can change another Dolby Atmos Sound system preset,

PS: if u have SKU problem with UWP apps, edit the default.xml file in C:\Windows\System32\dolbyaposvc with a notepad. (Default driver installion is for Dolby Atmos Sound System App so u will have this problem when u've installed different App) Search for the word "SnG" (Ctrl+F will save ur time) and change it to "Mainstream" for Dolby Atmos ( "DolbyAudio" for Dolby Audio ) and save.
Can't save? allow full control of dolbyaposvc folder via the security tab...

Have a good time :D
If you want Dolby Audio App, just copy the unzip "Dolby UWP APP Preset.rar" that I have given and you will see different preset file for different app , there is a readme.txt, pls read.

Last edited:
System Name Custom Build
Motherboard Asus H110M-E
Benchmark Scores NA
Did you talking about cracking sound using INF for "Dolby Desktop App\HDXMB3H.inf" or the default HDXMB3H.inf UWP one?

I have not tested the desktop version inf, since the dolby desktop app don't start.

I have tested disable sound enhancement on Sound Blaster Tab , will also DTS Audio sound effect.

I am using Dolby Atmos Sound system UWP App, no cracking sound. Make be you can change another Dolby Atmos Sound system preset,

If you want Dolby Audio App, just copy the unzip "Dolby UWP APP Preset.rar" that I have given and you will see different preset for file different app , there is a readme.txt, pls read.

The cracking sound comes from both default HDXMB3H.inf and "Dolby Desktop App\HDXMB3H.inf" if i enable sound blaster enhancement also there is a slight delay in all sounds. If i disable sound blaster enhancement the cracking sound and delay both gone, but with Dolby i hear small speaker sounds through my 2.1 speakers (wrong crossover frequency i think)
May be my audio codec isn't compatible with this driver i think. (see my spec) :D

Sorry i forget about the DTS. :D But Dolby will be still active in default HDXMB3H.inf one and Desktop one is variable. Sometimes disable all, sometimes leave others active.:)

Yes. i've changed many different profiles for the appopriate UWP app as the readme.txt says. Renamed, replaced the default one as it needed. It's complicated. Some profiles will work, some won't (so many) Even i checked inside .inf files and comfirm there is right text for the right App. Also i stop DolbyDAXApi service and start agian to reload new profiles, install .inf when needed. The UWP is still showing SKU error.
So i edited default installed "default.xml" file and change the text for right app and it always work. Strange? :kookoo:

Oh! as for the desktop one, having double Dolby (Atmos and Audio) sounds way too much echoessss.......... reverbbbbbbb.....

IdeaCentre AIO 910 Look like this, LCD internal speakers

Tested IdeaCentre AIO 950 preset sound not louder then kepler preset

I have update the driver install IdeaCentre AIO 950 preset (Dolby Atmos Sound System) by default.

Last edited: