• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Do you always type in upper case?

MY KEYBOARD'S CAPSLOCK BUTTON NOT WORKING, IT GOT STUCK ON UPPERCASE MODE, & I'AM IN NO MOOD TO REPLACE IT WITH NEW KEYBOARD FOR JUST ONE DEFECTIVE CAPSLOCK BUTTON

Last edited:
Ok works for me dts + Sound blaster Connect UWP BUT I try to change configs dts and sbc and not change sound feels...same sound

arcpl

Let me know if this modded realtek drivers does improve the audio quality and is worth it for my scenerio.
I Have old PC with Asus P8H77-M Pro Motherboard with audio codec Realtek® ALC892
I Also have the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeAudio PCI-E sound card with is so so OLD.

I dont watch movies, nor listen to music with PC so no use of Realtek / Creative sound card.
For that I have TV with hooked up Xiaomi MiBox and from that Im listeing to music, watch movies via Connected Aplifier, have all the standards DTSMaster/True/Atmos etc

On my PC I only play games with Headphones, and use the Creative Sound Card as It performes better in my opinions when possitioning and bass (old creative app have X-Fi CMSS-3D and X-Fi Crystalizer) with the Sonic windows 10 sound feature it sounds not so bad, but Here I see that some of you people have lot of Dolby features equalizers and other stuff that seems to have lot of usefull feature
will it improve if I jump from creative sound card to build-in Realtek with modded software and apps from here topic?

Let me know if this modded realtek drivers does improve the audio quality and is worth it for my scenerio.
I Have old PC with Asus P8H77-M Pro Motherboard with audio codec Realtek® ALC892
I Also have the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeAudio PCI-E sound card with is so so OLD.

I dont watch movies, nor listen to music with PC so no use of Realtek / Creative sound card.
For that I have TV with hooked up Xiaomi MiBox and from that Im listeing to music, watch movies via Connected Aplifier, have all the standards DTSMaster/True/Atmos etc

On my PC I only play games with Headphones, and use the Creative Sound Card as It performes better in my opinions when possitioning and bass (old creative app have X-Fi CMSS-3D and X-Fi Crystalizer) with the Sonic windows 10 sound feature it sounds not so bad, but Here I see that some of you people have lot of Dolby features equalizers and other stuff that seems to have lot of usefull feature
will it improve if I jump from creative sound card to build-in Realtek with modded software and apps from here topic?

Modded audio drivers does improve sound quality with onboard realtek audio chip but it's not that good in delivering clear sound compare to hardware backed audio engines, these audio engines programmed to work with it's own audio chip because of it's compatibility it sound better, but if your willing, try it, you will notice what i'am trying to explain

Ok works for me dts + Sound blaster Connect UWP BUT I try to change configs dts and sbc and not change sound feels...same sound

Because it's Sound Blaster X720 not Sound Blaster Cinema 5, & also it needs new type of kga files to activate audio enhancing functionality

System Name Enslaver :)
Processor Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B650-Plus
Cooling CPU: Noctua NH-D14 with LED fans, Case: 2 front in - 1 rear out
Memory 2x16GB Kingston Fury Beast RGB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 4070Ti OC
Storage Samsung Evo Plus 1TB NVMe , internal WD Red 4TB for storage, WD Book 8TB
Display(s) LG CX OLED 65"
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II Mesh C Performance
Audio Device(s) HDMI audio powering Dolby Digital audio on 5.1 Z960 speaker system
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard ASUS Strix Tactic Pro
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
The onedrive in post 1 has the file no more?

Ariscr

Hi Everyone and thanks for such detailed post. I´m about to make some driver changes based on your recommendations but first would like to review some matters with you:
- I have a MSI 990FX with the Realtek® ALC892 codec. Using Windows10.
- It´s linked through Coaxial SPDIF to a Sony Home theatre amplifier 5.1 dolby digital (ht ddw685) and I´m listening DTS audio for movies mainly using the AC3 codec.
- I understand Realtek ALC892 can handle 7.1 channels, but my receiver only handles 5.1 and have no support for Dolby Atmos.

My questions:
- Should I go for this driver?
- Which would be the benefits I should expect by installing them?
- Is someone with the same motherboard already installed them?

Thanks a lot and looking forward to heard from you.
Ariel

comemierda

How to enable Dolby Atmos for Headphones? I downloaded the Patched RltkAPO for 8447 and I can't get select it.

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed with RGB
Memory Mushkin DDR4 32 GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX580 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung QE43Q60B (TV)/1x Samsung S27B80P/1x Hanns-G FHD
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply Phanteks Revolt Pro Gold 80+ 1000W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech MX5500 Revolution
Software Win 11 Pro x64 v24H2
How to enable Dolby Atmos for Headphones? I downloaded the Patched RltkAPO for 8447 and I can't get select it.
U need to activate the "IN-App-Purchase" of the App "Dolby Access", and so you can setup Dolby Atmos either for your Headphone, or the AV-Receiver. I've done, and it's a very great Feeling

comemierda

U need to activate the "IN-App-Purchase" of the App "Dolby Access", and so you can setup Dolby Atmos either for your Headphone, or the AV-Receiver. I've done, and it's a very great Feeling
Don't have the app, my Windows has the store ripped.

rednic

Hello I have Asus Z170 progaming. Can I activate Sonic Suite R2 with ApoDriver? Which driver do you recommend? Thank you.

ChairmanSaab

To Windows 10 must use this in cmd: (Copy&paste in the cmd, and then press intro, u will see the commands are verified in the window os the cmd), then close it and restart to enter in test mode and NOW u can install the driver Realtek.

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

I`ve installed ur driver, but the realtek sound manager (RtkNGUI64.exe) it does not open/run (yes! is installed and it appears in the taskbar); how i can fix this? (Now i tell u!).

Ur driver needs some files that i`ve added to the inf file, if not NEVER will open the realtek sound manager, here i upload the HDXRT.inf FIXED to install ur driver w/out problems. ZENks for the Driver @dododo .

Ah, another thing people must have in mind: The Files to activate the Sound BlasterX 720, to Windows 10 is necessary to change the files added into the subfolder WIN64 for the version 2.0.0.3 (MABAPO232.DLL&MBAPO264.DLL) if not the console NEVER Work OK; but if u`re installing the driver in a windows 7,8,8.1......... Don`t need to change these files.

Here u can Download the HDXRT4.inf, from my Mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/v85n4oruyms1jx4/HDXRT4.7z

Attentively,

Màthair.

2day i`ve discovered that the new version 2.1.7.0 that has released "Creative" does not have HOAL; with which the EAX does not rise in level and remains at 2.0 (minimum), so for those who have this version installed I recommend you download and install this HOAL that I created for the occasion, so you can put the EAX to 5.0.

Here the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gk8xid6x0sd20li/HOAL.7z

Hey, can you help me with the file? The link you've posted is now private and i can't access it. Realtek GUI doesn't open for me either. I tried restarting and running RtkNGUI64.exe as administrator to no avail!

ChairmanSaab

http://www.mediafire.com/file/v85n4oruyms1jx4/HDXRT4.7z/file

There u have friend, just change the file 4 this, and try 2 install driver again.

I'm getting this error,even though signature certification enforcement is disabled. It refuses to install! I think i'm missing some files, can you link me to driver that you were using with this file? I want one for Dolby atmos, Thanks!

Last edited:
System Name Diogo Silva
Processor Intel Core i5 9º Gen 9600KF Processor
Motherboard Asus TUF B360-Pro Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX3i
Memory 2x8 Kingston HyperX KHX2400C12D4
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX2060 Gaming 6G
Storage WD WDS500G2B0B Blue 3D SATA M.2 500GB + Toshiba HDD 2Tb
Display(s) Samsung Curved Monitor 27 Pol.
Case Cooler Master N300
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC887 with Sound BlasterX 720 to Yamaha RV-X 361 Amplifier
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W 80PLUS Gold
Mouse Asus ROG Pugio II Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
Software Windows 10 Home Single Language (PT-PT) x64

I'm getting this error,even though signature certification enforcement is disabled. It refuses to install! I think i'm missing some files, can you link me to driver that you were using with this file? I want one for Dolby atmos, Thanks!

One or more files are missing.
Put the file HDXRT4 in folder of your older mod driver or download the full driver.

ChairmanSaab

I can't find the files... can you help me?

What files are you looking for? Be clear!

1. Here is the modded Realtek driver with installation instructions.
Click here

2. And here is the Apo driver and sound enhancers with installation instructions.
Click here
Note: You don't need modded realtek driver for this, use your existing or download latest one from here or here. Always check readme.txt file (if given) in the downloaded .zip files for more instructions.
Use this thread for support regarding Apo driver and sound enhancers.

System Name Diogo Silva
Case Cooler Master N300
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC887 with Sound BlasterX 720 to Yamaha RV-X 361 Amplifier
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
Hello guys,
There is a pack of .KGA compatible with all programs of Creative for Realtek Driver Mod? For example, SB 720º, X-FI MB5, X-FI MB3, Cinema 3 and Cinema 2.
When I open any program of Creative that is not SB 720º, I don't want the image error below to appear.
Currently, I have only SB 720º.
If there is, please send me a link to download.
Thanks.
upload_2017-5-1_14-59-6.png

Last edited:

ChairmanSaab

Hello guys,
There is a pack of .KGA compatible with all programs of Creative for Realtek Driver Mod? For example, SB 720º, X-FI MB5, X-FI MB3, Cinema 3 and Cinema 2.
When I open any program of Creative that is not SB 720º, I don't want the image error below to appear.
Currently, I have only SB 720º.
If there is, please send me a link to download.
Thanks.
View attachment 102257
Try to enable this setting in the realktek driver, check the image below. See if it helps!

danishblunt

The older Creative Sound Blaster X720 version cannot identify new version SBX720 driver.
Remove all software related to Creative Sound Blaster X720, download the new version here.
Remember to import registry key REG_CT_Render.reg on FX Configurator.
Make sure C:\Windows\System32\MBAPO264.dll and ‪C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MBAPO232.dll file version is 2.0.0.14

If still don't work, run cmd as admin, type
regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\MBAPO264.dll
regsvr32 ‪C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MBAPO232.dll

-------------------------------------------------------------
Add Nahimic 3 - APO Driver 1.0.4

Nahimic 3 Control Panel is a UWP App
Nahimic 3 Sound Tracker support game list

View attachment 101102View attachment 101103View attachment 101104
I need to know this since I'm a huge fan of Nahimic 2, but would love to upgrade to nahmic 3 on my GT 72, when installing that APO driver, do I then have the possibility to install Nahimic 3??

System Name Diogo Silva
Case Cooler Master N300
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
Try to enable this setting in the realktek driver, check the image below. See if it helps!
Don't work.
Actually, I have Realtek Mod compatible with SB 720º and don't Cinema 2, I wish I had all the programs of Creative working, I don't know if it's possible.
Thank you for your help.
Sorry for my BAD English.
Sem Título.png

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
Don't work.
Actually, I have Realtek Mod compatible with SB 720º and don't Cinema 2, I wish I had all the programs of Creative working, I don't know if it's possible.
Thank you for your help.
Sorry for my BAD English.

no Diogo. not possible for ALL Creative apps to work at the same time and recognize your Realtek audio device!
I know from experience. SBX 720 will recognize Realtek device but SBCinema2 won't work because of "too many KGA" files present in SoftwareLock folder and cause conflicts. I figured this out a few months ago.

Creative SB Cinema apps like SBCinema1, Cinema2 & Cinema3 HATE too many KGA files (and other Creative apps like SBX720)! And hence the "No Supported Audio Device Available" error message when running SB Cinema.

For X-FI MB5 to run have only this KGA file present in SoftwareLock folder (remove other KGA files and other Creative apps)

KGAfileforXFIMB5.png

For SBCinema3 (not Cinema1/2/5 or other version present), have only THIS KGA file present (remove other KGA files and other Creative apps)

KGAfileforSBCinema3.png

For SBCinema2 (not Cinema1/3/5 or other version present), have only THIS KGA file present (remove other KGA files and other Creative apps)

KGAfileforSBCinema2.png

See the pics? I only use ONE Creative software at at time and I stick with it. NO NEED to run/use SBX720 & SBCinema at the same time, which leads to disaster.
People need to learn right away that having all those KGA files stored in SoftwareLock folder will not make older Creative apps like SBCinema and X-FI MB5 recognize Realtek audio device when using newer Realtek audio drivers.

System Name Windows 10: Pro Insider x64
Processor i5-3570
Motherboard MSI P67s-C43 B3
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB DDR3 1333mHz
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Storage 2x Seagate 1TB 6Gbs 1x SSD 128GB
Display(s) LG 23" FLATRON E2355
Case THERMALTAKE CHASER MK-I
Audio Device(s) Receiver Onkyo Tx-NR 757
Power Supply C3 TECH 750W
Mouse THERMALTAKE PHERON
Keyboard A4TECH LED MULTIMEDIA
Open cmd (admin)..and type: REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio /v DisableProtectedAudioDG /t REG_DWORD /d 1

-go to "Advanced Startup Options"1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png
Press F7 to disable "Driver signature enforcement"