• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Influencing YouTube Tech Journalists' Product-Placements, Alleges Whistleblower

Space Lynx

Astronaut
It is on LTT Wanshow now. Oh man the humiliation.

Yes, this is a really sad day for me. I love GN, and I love TPU. I don't agree with this article though, life is too short for this damn nonsense. I have long butted heads with a lot of topics created by the author of this topic here on TPU, and I just hope this is a lesson TPU can learn from and grow as a community from, and I want him to stay senior writer, as long as he improves and stays clear of this nonsense. I don't want drama, I don't think any of us do, we love being here on TPU, and I really love the objectivity that Steve offers in his videos on GN. If we do not have clear evidence that is irrefutable we don't bother. It should really be that simple folks, lets move on, we are not Buzzfeed, the fact Steve called Buzzfeed better writers than here was a bit too much for me. Let's just move on.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory Team Group Dark Pro 8Pack Edition 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 FE
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB + Seagate HDD workhorse
Display(s) Samsung 50" QN94A Neo QLED
Case Antec 1200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
Look it could be worse, we could have ads pretending to be legit reviews!

Oh wait.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
This lazy "writer" needs released of his service and this article, even in it's "corrected" form needs to be deleted.
You should be fucking ashamed.

Nice. Ruin someones way of living and providing for their family because they made a single mistake, yes if the writer repeated this behavior then perhaps I would agree. He has issued an apology, we all make mistakes, we live in a chaotic world, stop your victim shaming and shouting nonsense. I don't even like this writer, but I don't want him gone either, he is a part of this community, and if he can turn this into a learning experience and not make the same mistake then he has grown as a person, and so to will the people he influences in the future.

If all you want is negativity then that is all you will get everywhere in life. Positive energy spreads the same as negative does. I really wish Steve would maybe just have a sit down with Wizz and this author and have a chat in person someday, this was a mistake, it has been fixed, but there should be some healing imo. We are an amazing community here, and so is the community at GN. Fighting should not be our thing right now, we are not like the rest of the world, we are people of logic and reason, if that fails within these communities, then Steve is correct in that humanity is doomed. I understand why it fails in other communities, but not ours. We are educated, we dislike eachother, debate each other, but we still move on to talk another day and enjoy our community 99% of the time, that makes us unique.

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
Yes, this is a really sad day for me. I love GN, and I love TPU. I don't agree with this article though, life is too short for this damn nonsense. I have long butted heads with a lot of topics created by the author of this topic here on TPU, and I just hope this is a lesson TPU can learn from and grow as a community from, and I want him to stay senior writer, as long as he improves and stays clear of this nonsense. I don't want drama, I don't think any of us do, we love being here on TPU, and I really love the objectivity that Steve offers in his videos on GN. If we do not have clear evidence that is irrefutable we don't bother. It should really be that simple folks, lets move on, we are not Buzzfeed, the fact Steve called Buzzfeed better writers than here was a bit too much for me. Let's just move on.

No. You cannot do your WORK horribly and think there will be no consequences.

You do bad things you get punished. Simple as that. I am with @OneMoar

Heads should be rolling.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Processor Core i9-9900k
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax ETS-T50 Black CPU cooler
Memory 32GB (2x16) Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 4070 Ti Super OC 16GB
Storage 1x 1TB MX500 (OS); 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 2TB MX500; 1x 1TB BX500 SSD; 1x 6TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) Infievo 27" 165Hz @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-1000 Gold
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)

Heads should be rolling.
Since when do consequences HAVE to go straight to firing? How do you know there are no consequences? This is W1zzard’s business that he runs, and he is under no obligation, just like any employer to divulge what disciplinary action he takes, if any.

Last edited:

Space Lynx

Astronaut

Heads should be rolling.

yes, he did bad work, he probably will be punished, that is between him and W1zz. but this is his first major mistake. he should not be fired over a single mistake that was minor non-sense, perhaps he just wasn't even thinking clearly, maybe he even has sleep apnea and just his head was foggy. he deserves due process and dialogue, but that is between him, w1zz and Steve. if they wish to update us that is up to them, I personally don't need an update.

if he makes a mistake again of this nature then yes, I will agree with you. why did you ignore that part of what I wrote?

System Name Polar Claw
Processor Intel Core i7 6950X 3.0@4.2GHz
Motherboard MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition (socket 2011v3), BIOS N.A2
Cooling Phanteks PH TC-14PE Black CPU Cooler
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 Kingston HyperX Savage 2666 @2400MHz CL13-15-15-39-2T 1.35v.
Video Card(s) MSI RTX GeForce 2080Ti Duke OCV1 11GB & Inno3D GeForce RTX 2080Ti Gaming OC X3 11GB NVlink-SLi
Storage SSD: Intel 120GB, Kingston 240GB, Kingston 64GB. HDD: Samsung 640GB, Seagate 750GB
Display(s) Acer XF270HUA 27" TFT IPS, 2560x1440@144Hz 4ms
Case Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White case
Audio Device(s) Onboard 7.1
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 1500w PSU
Mouse Logitech G9x mouse
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X6 keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit
Benchmark Scores 3Dmark Port Royal 1.1 Score 18'120 https://www.3dmark.com/pr/164030
In the real working world, when you mess up big time and it wrongly ends up hurting some one elses business and reputation, then there are severe consequences. Yes people have been let go from their positions with this kind of caliber mess up.

If you know you are going to cover a very sensitive subject that has the likes of a rumor and not confirmed, then you approach the topic from all angles objectively and in neutral language.

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
yes, he did bad work, he probably will be punished, that is between him and W1zz. but this is his first major mistake. he should not be fired over a single mistake that was minor non-sense, perhaps he just wasn't even thinking clearly, maybe he even has sleep apnea and just his head was foggy. he deserves due process and dialogue, but that is between him, w1zz and Steve. if they wish to update us that is up to them, I personally don't need an update.

if he makes a mistake again of this nature then yes, I will agree with you. why did you ignore that part of what I wrote?

Look up his posting "news" He has been posting either pure BS clicky baity articles or political BS clicky baity artciles FOR A F**KING WHILE

In case you forgot, the famous "CTS Lab" Hit job on AMD's "security issues

Ya know, when member posts something "bad" they got banned for a while. How about we at least do that to the editors?

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 9950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage Intel 905p Optane 960GB boot, +2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11 Enterprise IoT 2024
This lazy "writer" needs released of his service and this article, even in it's "corrected" form needs to be deleted.
You should be fucking ashamed.

u mad bro?

Not going touch that as it might upset R-T-B :p.

I kill you! I rewarded!

(This is a vermintide 2 reference. I generally don't get that excited).

Ya know, when member posts something "bad" they got banned for a while.

What website does this happen on?

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
LOL, people are acting like this actually matters in the grand scheme of life. Good Lord people, turn down the drama 10 notches.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Processor Core i9-9900k
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax ETS-T50 Black CPU cooler
Storage 1x 1TB MX500 (OS); 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 2TB MX500; 1x 1TB BX500 SSD; 1x 6TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
LOL, people are acting like this actually matters in the grand scheme of life. Good Lord people, turn down the drama 10 notches.
This needs a 5 thumbs up button! No one here died today, nor were any animals harmed or anyone lost their job, spouse, or best friend because of what happened. I still have my health too.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 9950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage Intel 905p Optane 960GB boot, +2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11 Enterprise IoT 2024
He has been posting either pure BS clicky baity articles or political BS clicky baity artciles FOR A F**KING WHILE

You know, I want to hate this. I so wanted to. But I realized rather quickly that's just what web journalists do.

You sink or swim. I was a lead frog. Fortunately I am good at other things. Don't be made at bta, he did not write the new rulebook.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Processor Core i9-9900k
lol btarunr defending his article in the comments is so laughable. Can't believe he's still on the staff. LOL
Did you read the whole thing, or cherrypick? Apparently we are on different forums.

I read it, its still laughable, the article took a swipe at major tech youtubers from a Reddit post... That's like taking news from the Onion and saying SEE THE EARTH IS FLAT !!! Come on this is right up there with Alex Jones. The Youtubers just got TON's more content making a mockery of this. Hell Linus dedicated a large chunk of the wan show to just laughing at it. Its a whole Verge builds a PC debacle again. THEY* failed to check sources before hand. No Research was actually done and the post was FIRST posted as if fact and scrubbed 11 min because it was an assumption.

Last edited:

Space Lynx

Astronaut
In the real working world, when you mess up big time and it wrongly ends up hurting some one elses business and reputation, then there are severe consequences. Yes people have been let go from their positions with this kind of caliber mess up.

If you know you are going to cover a very sensitive subject that has the likes of a rumor and not confirmed, then you approach the topic from all angles objectively and in neutral language.

The main problem here is that he used a bad source, he deserves to have dialogue and due process still.

Also, this is old world talk you speak of, lot of companies I have worked at have not been this way (oddly enough in the backwaters of Indiana, Republican stronghold land), a lot of people are only wanting to help each other grow together. I had a co-worker get fired recently due to his drug habit, but the CEO called him up personally to offer to put him through rehab. Look, I am not comparing that situation to this. I am simply saying if all you want is negativity, that is all you will get.

I also think there is an opportunity here for us as a community to grow together. A chance for a lot of positivism, possibly even hugs. Reach out to Steve, for a Skype session with W1zz, btar and Steve, all 3 together, and leave it up to GN if they decide to publish that on their YT channel.

Now you are talking about increasing business for both sides, cause all of us are sick of this hate and negativity. You telling me we can't sit down and figure it out, we have to resort to yelling? This is not a repeated behavior, btar has never used Reddit as a source before this moment in history that I am aware, that is a mistake yes, we should not be doing that nonsense here, but it was simply that a mistake that has been corrected.

I was almost banned once myself, but @W1zzard messaged me personally, and had a talk with me, and I assured him that level of mistake I made would not happen again, and it has not, I have not had anymore temporary bans since that chat with him. I was initially banned for 6 months by a mod who I offended, and I wasn't even doing it on purpose, I was genuinely curious about is possible motherboards and other PC equipment cause cancer if fans are blowing over them constantly and we are all breathing this in every day for several hours a day, it was absolute nonsense, but what worried was the proposition 55 California stickers that were on these PCB's when we build our computers, etc... it wasn't until later, when someone explained it better to me that in fact, California has these stickers on everything basically, and even in California the stickers are widely considered a joke. I was simply trying to put two curious ideas together in my head, which turned out to be wrong when I had more facts (has more to do with touching them maybe then not washing your hands and then eating possible lead contaminants), but during that process of figuring it all out I offended someone and I am deeply sorry for that, but I should not be banned. I have had a lot of wonderful conversations with people here since that time, I have not made a mistake again. I would have liked the chance to sit down with the mod I offended over that and just have a Skype chat briefly so he can see I am human and I really meant no ill will and that perhaps I worded something wrong or posted it in the wrong forum (but we could go through it together logically step by step together and see where I went wrong so I could apologize, etc), which in retrospect I did post that kind of thought in the wrong forum, it did not belong there. That was a mistake, I moved on and learned from it, and now I am trying to share that same positive energy here, that we don't have to just jump down each others throats. Of course if another article hurts someones business, then of course you have to progressively move up the ladder of punishment phases. Firing on a one time offense though for using a bad source, with no other probationary type periods or oversight that we know of beforehand, seems foolish imo.

btar deserves the same thing here imo, because the only facts we have are this: he used a bad source from a site that should never even be used as a source, but also we use WWCFTECH as source sometimes and we all know how often they get it wrong... so I mean, I can understand where he might have had blurred lines, it was an ill moment of judgement I will agree with all of you on that. I'm still not sure I would agree with a full firing. I worked in government before, and there is a process to this type of thing, not a shout culture.

Look up his posting "news" He has been posting either pure BS clicky baity articles or political BS clicky baity artciles FOR A F**KING WHILE

In case you forgot, the famous "CTS Lab" Hit job on AMD's "security issues

Ya know, when member posts something "bad" they got banned for a while. How about we at least do that to the editors?

I understand exactly what you mean. I have had issues with a lot of his articles too, but if he has free reign to post as he pleases is that his fault? I think perhaps there needs to be maybe a probationary period of oversight until the behavior is corrected over a 3 month period? Rather than take someones livelihood away? If he was never disciplined for that article you just linked, how was he ever to learn he did a bad thing? I really think we just need more oversight, doesn't have to be from w1zz, I know he is a genius coder and a busy man, but even maybe just a little solution like for an article to be approved for posting, 3 mods have to give it 3 green check-marks, and it can be whoever is online at the time, a very simple program.

Look I have no business with this matter either way. I just think we can do better than shout culture, if TPU becomes shout culture without due process or even allowing someone else to defend themselves through discourse it's not going to be good for anyone.

Agreed, but I think this is something happening in our culture not just here, where we do not allow due process to take place anymore. W1zz, Steve, and btar still have some more talking to do I think. This can be a positive situation, not a negative one, it is all about reaching out and trying to be creative in how we do that as a community. It's not so much about drama as it is about we are adults, logical people, maybe Steven can ask btar on Skype what his thought process was at the time, in the moment, when writing that article. Maybe it can unfold into a long conversation that ends up being very healthy and positive for everyone in involved.

lol btarunr defending his article in the comments is so laughable. Can't believe he's still on the staff. LOL

You don't know what is happening behind the scenes, it is not a matter of our concern anyway. Whatever w1zz decides I will support, because I respect his judgement and leadership.

I read it, its still laughable, the article took a swipe at major tech youtubers from a Reddit post... That's like taking news from the Onion and saying SEE THE EARTH IS FLAT !!! Come on this is right up there with Alex Jones. The Youtubers just got TON's more content making a mockery of this. Hell Linus dedicated a large chunk of the wan show to just laughing at it. Its a whole Verge builds a debacle again. You failed to check sources before hand. No Research was actually done and the post was FIRST posted as if fact and scrubbed 11 min because it was an assumption.

Right, and maybe he has had a very very busy day, Steve has said he contacted him and W1zz in that video on GN. He probably also has very high emotions right now, anxiety, etc and is not thinking clearly. I know when I made mistakes at my previous employer and had to have a sit down with my boss I felt that way and couldn't think straight. Maybe give it a day to breathe and see if anything comes of it? Then do all the laughing you want. You have a very shallow experience of human experiences in life if you think this one topic and mistake defines an entire being.

edit: I am leaving this thread, because I can't do the negative energy anymore. I do hope something good comes of it all, I hope it all works out for everyone involved one way or the other. take care folks. I have nothing left to say, so I will go.

Last edited:
System Name FATTYDOVE-R-SPEC
Processor Intel i9 10980XE
Motherboard EVGA X299 Dark
Cooling Water (1x 240mm, 1x 280mm, 1x 420mm + 2x Mo-Ra 360 external radiator)
Memory 64GB DDR4
Video Card(s) RTX 2080 Super / RTX 3090
Storage Crucial MX500
Display(s) 24", 1440p, freesync, 144hz
Case Open Benchtable (OBT)
Audio Device(s) beyerdynamic MMX 300
Power Supply EVGA Supernova T2 1600W
Mouse OG steelseries Sensei
Keyboard steelseries 6Gv2
Software Windows 10
Wow this thing blew up big time. I don´t think this witchhunt in the comments is doing any good and I believe in these past 9 pages everything constructive that could be said has been said. Maybe it would be best to lock this down for now, but then someone will scream censorship and it all starts again.

I don´t agree with the article either, but the hate that suddenly arises towards the author is way out of proportion. He will have to deal with his mistake and his article raised questions which have and or will be dealt with.
So I don´t see why there has to be so much personal stuff and 'backseat CEOs' trying to hit on bta.

Relax guys, the adults are already sorting this out.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Wow this thing blew up big time. I don´t think this witchhunt in the comments is doing any good and I believe in these past 9 pages everything constructive that could be said has been said. Maybe it would be best to lock this down for now, but then someone will scream censorship and it all starts again.

I don´t agree with the article either, but the hate that suddenly arises towards the author is way out of proportion. He will have to deal with his mistake and his article raised questions which have and or will be dealt with.
So I don´t see why there has to be so much personal stuff and 'backseat CEOs' trying to hit on bta.

Relax guys, the adults are already sorting this out.

Agreed 100%. I almost wrote that in my edit that a mod might want to consider locking it, but I felt it was not my business. I don't think majority of us will scream censorship if they lock it, it's just a few loud mouths is all, I think we are all smart enough in this particular community to ignore them by now, again, which is what makes our community unique. Or I hope so at least lol. cheers mate

System Name Toaster
Processor AMD 940 BE @ 1.20v
Motherboard M3A79-T
Cooling Sunbeam Core contact
Memory Corair CM2X2048
Video Card(s) Saphire 3870 stock
Case NZXT LEXA-NP
Audio Device(s) Xfi
Power Supply SILVERSTONE ST56ZF
We all get momentary lapses in judgement from time to time. Although I can tell the mess this has stirred up for the enthusiast community and content creators; I can't discredit the great contributions W1zzard and TPU has give us all over the years. Live and learn.

$hilling suspicions and flame wars seem to never change. They're the unfortunate constant I've seen for ages.

Right, and maybe he has had a very very busy day, Steve has said he contacted him and W1zz in that video on GN. He probably also has very high emotions right now, anxiety, etc and is not thinking clearly. I know when I made mistakes at my previous employer and had to have a sit down with my boss I felt that way and couldn't think straight. Maybe give it a day to breathe and see if anything comes of it? Then do all the laughing you want. You have a very shallow experience of human experiences in life if you think this one topic and mistake defines an entire being.

Shallow? No harsh, yes. Did he make a mistake? Yes. But its a mistake that should NOT have been made, You come to Tech Power Up for there views, honest reporting and another source to make your decision on major purchases. I trust in the TechPowerUp Crew to do there due diligence. That's what there here for. This is Why his title is Editor, yes i'm going to be hard when someone with that type of power and community status makes a mistake. You think its about one post. No This is about the credibility of reporting on an entire site. A Major player in the tech industry someone we need to keep honest. Yes its a screw up. Yes its maybe once in a blue moon sure. But the implications this has on the company as a whole is other story.

System Name My Rig
Processor AMD 3950X
Motherboard X570 TUFF GAMING PLUS
Cooling EKWB Custom Loop, Lian Li 011 G1 distroplate/DDC 3.1 combo
Memory 4x16GB Corsair DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) MSI Seahawk 2080 Ti EKWB block
Storage 2TB Auros NVMe Drive
Display(s) Asus P27UQ
Case Lian Li 011-Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) JBL 30X
Power Supply Seasonic Titanium 1000W
Mouse Razer Lancehead
Keyboard Razer Widow Maker Keyboard
Software Window's 10 Pro
The sad thing about this is there are two irresponsible parties here;

1. TPU for posting something that just flatly wasn't validated, or confirmed in anyway. It happens, in the rush to be first to market with something, but what's more important? Being first or accurate?
2. Information consumers, who take that headline and do not vet information at all. I saw this article, and kind of chuckled because GN is like the one you-tuber I know that actively goes headlong out of it's way to be unbiased as possible.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard ASRock B550M PRO4
Cooling DeepCool AK620
Memory Kingston FURY™ Beast DDR4 3200MT/s DDR4 8 GB x 2 CL16-18-18
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 5700 XT 8GB
Storage SAMSUNG 850 PRO 256 GB
Display(s) HP Compaq LA2306x
Case N/A
Audio Device(s) GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS E1
Power Supply DeepCool PM750D 750W Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Cougar Minos X2
Keyboard Corsair K70 MX RED
Software Windows 11 22H2
No.
Steve from Gamer Nexus is biased.
He never corrects his mistake. He never clarified his mistake about 110°C Junction temperature. And to him only good case, fan and coolers are NZXT and Corsair.
Edit: Why so many Gamers Nexus defense force here???

When you compair Junction temperature of one GPU to egde temperature of another GPU, it is wrong. He never clarified his mistake about it.
And if you don't know what is the difference Junction temperature and egde/gpu temperature than it useless to talk about it.

He didnt clarified nothing. AMD did say junction/hotspot temperature when mentioning 110°C is fine.
Here is a written article : https://www.techpowerup.com/258228/...nd-within-spec-amd-on-rx-5700-series-thermals
And don't forget GN did singed Nvidia NDA.

These are the kind of lies that are being spread here to tarnish someone who puts his own time, money and effort into tech journalism. When I confronted this user and asked to provide proof as to where Steve made the mistake of "compairing" Junction temperature against Edge Temperature, I wasn't given a link or an ounce of proof whatsoever. Because for a fact, I know that he didn't do such a thing therefore the accusation can not be proven.

Not only that, but there are plenty of members here who don't have an ounce of respect for TechTubers or they're simply oblivious to them and their integrity for the work they do and seem to have this blind faith on written press and has this firm belief that TechTubers aren't knowledgeable and are simply paid shills.

Whether you love AMD, intel or nvidia, you shouldn't go out of your way to conjure up lies just to defend the brand or manufacturer you cherish. Having a preference is fine, but when you allow that preference to masquerade the truth to the point it could potentially mislead others, that's when you're wrong.

At the end of the day, competition benefits the consumers and I urge everyone to stop this brand/manufacturer hating.

Processor AMD R5 3600
Motherboard ASUS X370 Prime Pro
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3000Mhz C15 @ 3600Mhz C16
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6 FE
Storage 4x 1TB SSD
Display(s) Benq XL2411Z 144Hz + Asus VS24H
Case Corsair 270R
Audio Device(s) Yamaha AG03 + Rode Procaster
Power Supply Corsair AX 650W 90+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight
Keyboard KBD67 Lite R3 (Gazzew Boba U4 + AKKO Midnight)
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
What a garbage "article" and what a disappointment TPU has become, time to remove this bookmark.

System Name No Name
Processor i7 980 @ 4.2ghz
Motherboard GA-X99M-GAMING
Video Card(s) MSU Gaming X 1070
Audio Device(s) X7 Creative LE
Mouse Razer Naga
Keyboard K95 Corsair RGB Blue
man this article is as bad as The Verge's PC building video... very disappointing...