• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Resident Evil 8 Village Benchmark Test & Performance

System Name Da Bisst
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard GigabyteB550 AORUS PRO
Cooling 2x280mm + 1x120 radiators, 4xArctic P14 PWM, 2xNoctua P12, TechN CPU, Alphacool Eisblock Auror GPU
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB 32 GB DDR4 3800 MHz C16 tuned
Video Card(s) AMD PowerColor 6800XT
Storage Samsung 970 Evo Plus 512GB
Display(s) BenQ EX3501R
Case SilentiumPC Signum SG7V EVO TG ARGB
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply ChiefTec Proton Series 1000W (BDF-1000C)
Mouse Mionix Castor
Yeah I don't buy 1000usd GPU just to play with 3Dmark :roll: ,I buy high end GPU to play the latest games with the highest visual fidelity at playable framerate :D.

Who knows, some people just might change their mind about RT when AMD is more capable than they are now, I guess enjoying next gen graphics is a luxury atm.
You could have an argument if your 3090 would not be totally useless in RT without upscaling, so don't boast about your fancy Nvidia cashgrab, its as inadequate for RT as almost any other GPU today, or maybe a sub 20 FPS with all RT on in Cyberpunk is good for you :laugh:

Please don't be a fanboy, be objective, we are still a couple of generations away from true RT capable cards, todays Gpu's are a RT showcase still, barely capable of any true RT, and the fact that DLSS exists should tell you exactly that.

And who bought a 1000 usd GPU? I paid MSRP for mine :D And talking about playing 3Dmark, I challenge you to beat my Firestrike bench with your at least 3 times more expensive card and well talk about what was a good money expenditure :cool:

D

Deleted member 190774

That just show how wrong your perception of RT Reflections are when you think the only surfaces that should have reflection are puddles and mirrors.
That image show that all surfaces in CP2077 reflect sun light, which is impossible with Screen Space Reflections because the sun is behind the character. CP2077 have a day/night cycle that cast different shades on all surfaces, adding immersion and realism to the game.
Furthermore SSR in CP2077 is very noisy looking while RT Reflections are very smooth. But I guess you will have to wait a few more years to experience the full RT experience of CP2077 :roll:
I think this demonstrates how wrong you are - and I'll tell you why.

You have provided two CP2077 static screenshots, without providing us with any data on where the non-obvious light-sources are. You've had the benefit of playing the game whereas I haven't. The data is already in your brain, and you can extrapolate more easily the image with RT ON. This is something YOU haven't taken into account.

To me, either one could be RT, and either one could be the developers' rasterized lighting. I don't have enough data to tell me which is which. It's NOT obvious.

You're also wrong, because I'm a software developer and I do think RT is the obvious way forward in games - it's just not that great yet. I also think that because you think that $1000 is a lot of money, you're compensating for something else...

BTW. I spent $2600 on a 6900XT Liquid Devil I expect to throw away when the next generation of cards arrive and I just gave away an $800 card to someone I haven't even met face-to-face.

System Name Lenovo ThinkCentre
Processor AMD 5650GE
Motherboard Lenovo
Memory 32 GB DDR4
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Mouse Lenovo
Keyboard Lenovo
Software W11 Pro 64 bit
BTW. I spent $2600 on a 6900XT Liquid Devil I expect to throw away when the next generation of cards arrive and I just gave away an $800 card to someone I haven't even met face-to-face.
I'm available for adoption, just sayin. :laugh:

D

Deleted member 190774

I'm available for adoption, just sayin. :laugh:
If there weren't so many dickheads around, I'd probably be inclined to give away more of my retired stuff. Unlike most people I don't buy based on resale value for my old gear.

We can blame peoples' general attitudes for the lack of generosity in this case :D

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) 48" LG OLED C4
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Audio Device(s) KEF LSX II LT speakers + KEF KC62 Subwoofer
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Death Adder v3
Keyboard Razor Huntsman V3 Pro TKL
Software win11
I think this demonstrates how wrong you are - and I'll tell you why.

You have provided two CP2077 static screenshots, without providing us with any data on where the non-obvious light-sources are. You've had the benefit of playing the game whereas I haven't. The data is already in your brain, and you can extrapolate more easily the image with RT ON. This is something YOU haven't taken into account.

To me, either one could be RT, and either one could be the developers' rasterized lighting. I don't have enough data to tell me which is which. It's NOT obvious.

You're also wrong, because I'm a software developer and I do think RT is the obvious way forward in games - it's just not that great yet. I also think that because you think that $1000 is a lot of money, you're compensating for something else...

So you spend 2600usd to play old games at super high fps then, well whatever float your boat :roll: .
And you are boasting about the amount of money you are just throwing away, are you compensating for something?

I guess I have the benefit of playing the latest RT game on my gorgeous 4K OLED TV so I could see the the stark difference that RT can make on the scene, not just on puddles and mirrors like someone think.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 190774

So you spend 2600usd ... well whatever float your boat then :roll: .
Could it be that you're finally getting it?

I do have Control. That's not old - and it's not that great either.

You're also making my point beautifully, you're constantly trying to antagonize...

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) 48" LG OLED C4
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Audio Device(s) KEF LSX II LT speakers + KEF KC62 Subwoofer
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Death Adder v3
Keyboard Razor Huntsman V3 Pro TKL
Software win11
Could it be that you're finally getting it?

I do have Control. That's not old - and it's not that great either.

You're also making my point beautifully, you're constantly trying to antagonize...

Whatever float your boat doesn't mean that you can post false ideas on forum and expect other members not to correct you though :roll: .

If you haven't tried RT yet, it's best that you keep your opinion to yourselve and listen to the professionals like DF.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 190774

Whatever float your boat doesn't mean that you can post false ideas on forum and expect other members not to correct you though :roll: .

If you haven't tried RT yet, it's best that you keep your opinion to yourselve and listen to the professionals like DF.
There's definitely no hope for you - the problem is you don't even realize it; of course I've tried it...

Now off you toddle, I'm not coming back to this thread.

las

System Name Meh
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E Tomahawk
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit
Memory 32GB G.Skill @ 6000/CL30
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX 4090 Phantom / Undervolt + OC
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 2TB + WD SN850X 1TB + 64TB NAS/Server
Display(s) 27" 1440p IPS @ 360 Hz + 32" 4K/UHD QD-OLED @ 240 Hz + 77" 4K/UHD QD-OLED @ 144 Hz VRR
Case Fractal Design North XL
Audio Device(s) FiiO DAC
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x / Native 12VHPWR
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight + Razer Deathadder V3 Pro
Keyboard Corsair K60 Pro / MX Low Profile Speed
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
So you still have not answer the question of how the 6700XT charts is of any relevance to some one considering a 6900XT vs 3080ti.
It is not in the performance tier as Navi 21 or GA102 and neither is the 3070.
You can shit on the 6700XT as much as you want to, it is of no relevance of what you original post or the user you were quoting wants.

As for rumors, there are always new hardware coming at some point, you will just be waiting forever and ever.
More importantly rumors are just that, rumors.

Why would anyone buy those cards now for 2-3 times the MSRP, is what I'm saying, my 3080 is close to 1 year old at this point. 4000 series is 1 year away tops, buying a 3080 Ti now would be foolish when 4070 is going to smack it for 1/3 the price or even 1/6 if people are going to pay 3000 dollars/euro for a 3080 Ti :laugh: :laugh:

So glad I paid 700 dollars for my 3080 on release.

AMD is already talking about RNDA3 and TSMC 5nm is ready soon, obviously 7900XT is not far away. You will see in 6 months or so.

Last edited:
System Name THU
Processor Intel Core i5-13600KF
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z790-P D4
Cooling SilentiumPC Fortis 3 v2 + Arctic Cooling MX-2
Memory Crucial Ballistix 2x16 GB DDR4-3600 CL16 (dual rank)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Ventus 3X OC 12 GB GDDR6X (2610/21000 @ 0.91 V)
Storage Lexar NM790 2 TB + Corsair MP510 960 GB + PNY XLR8 CS3030 500 GB + Toshiba E300 3 TB
Display(s) LG OLED C8 55" + ASUS VP229Q
Case Fractal Design Define R6
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V381 + Monitor Audio Bronze 6 + Bronze FX | FiiO E10K-TC + Sony MDR-7506
Power Supply Corsair RM650
Mouse Logitech M705 Marathon
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 10 Home
Benchmark Scores Benchmarks in 2024?
What if someone really needs an upgrade? Should they wait one more year for a new generation? And you really think it will be easily available? If they implement hardware anti-mining protection, then maybe.

I got my 3080 at a normal price only because I was able to pre-order on day 1. But I had to wait 3.5 months to actually get the card (I literally got it on December 24). People who pre-ordered on day 2 still do not have their cards and probably never will, because now it literally makes no sense to fulfill those orders when you can sell those cards at 3x the price.

If they can afford it, they can buy it at whatever price they want.