• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i5-12600KF 'stock power limits/-115mV undervolt+contact frame'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/@950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
I like how in Horizon Zero Dawn, you can just make a wrong turn from the low-level watchers... little raptor things, and around the hillside you always pass will be GIANT DINOSAUR ROBOTS waiting to wreck your low-level life. If you went a different way at the fork a few hundred steps back, that thing would be seeing you right at that same moment. I like how the game will take you just barely past these places during the main quest. You get used to wandering around in the embrace during the whole proving arc and a little after. There are a few tough monsters but with sound strategy, you can net a good bit of stuff very easily. So I meander along the paths, loop around nearby alt paths, drifting into packs of monsters as I pass and then exploring around where they are. You can sweep the whole area like this - knock out all of the quests, round up materials, even buy a weapon or two and upgrade a lot of carry slots.

And then you leave the embrace and you try to do that and get eaten by something that considers you a snack in the sense that you or I might consider one lone gummy bear a snack: so, barely. And the thing is... you can yolo the random high-level challenges dotted across the world beyond the gates. It's not about stats in this game - you aren't going to magically take many more hits or deal much more damage 10 levels later. Sure, maybe you get the right armor with some mods on it, or a weapon with better capabilities. But you can get those things any time. You'll just have lower HP and fewer perks to back you up. You can still win by sizing up the enemy's behavior and weak points, and then use whatever situational means you have to gain the upper hand. The fights are generally lock and key. Certain keys are kept from you until you progress, but there are different ways of 'picking' the locks when you don't have the exact right tool. Use distance and rolls, use evasion to isolate enemies and then use whatever you can use to reduce attack or defense. Approach quietly and roll them through traps. Hell, if you can, place them around the outskirts of the arena as places to retreat to. When you stop to heal after evading a melee attack, they're gonna be ready to jump and you to roll. Hence placing traps where you want to be retreating. Use the blast sling to pull off chunks of hp and armor while moving, exposing weak areas to set up an elemental as well as cause knockback to buy the time. Good for keeping mob enemies back, too. All sorts of little tricks, depending on the enemy and what is around it.

Obviously, that is still tense and burns tons of supplies if you aren't careful. But it's really gratifying when you drop a level 27 behemoth of a monster at level 17. All because you found yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time. I swear, the map markers encourage this intentionally. They're always at least somewhat off from where the markers suggest they will be.

That stuff is all timing and planning, and being opportunistic with your kit and ways of using it. You have temporary invincibility in your dodges. The trade off is that you can get in and out of situations with enemies that can one-shot you. Many enemies can one or two shot you as it is. Aloy's strength is in the ways she knows to turn a situation around. All of this stuff is supposed to be impossible, but Aloy is different, being one of few people in the world actually being forced to comb through the reality of her world alone, without primitive religious dogma (or deep politics and history) dominating her entire understanding of the whole situation - to actually have to look at the world on a fundamental level and try to really figure things out. To her these things aren't monsters, not a curse - they're machines. If humans could make them, she could figure them out. That's what you're doing in the combat.

If you grind a bit and then move on to Meridian, you can pretty easily get some invaluable shadow weapons. The shadow sharpshooter and hunting bows can easily be gotten a little while before going there, even. The hunting bow is great for the beefed-up arrows only it gives you. They don't seem like much but the balanced tear and ballistic damage with handling makes it the AR of fighting animal-like people-eater robots. Those arrows are way cheaper to make than sharpshooter arrows (the wire is a killer to farm - you never get enough back for the kills,) and you get way faster firing with better handling. Takes down groups of watchers before anything can happen past all-eyes-on-you - quick shots to the eyes as they approach. Stack 3 arrows and focus on headshots for sniping. They're quicker and easier to put on specific parts of bosses, too. The handling is just so much better, and the arrows are ready twice as fast. Just make sure the circle closes before focusing. The ropecaster is really helpful, as it pins weaker monsters in one shot and most others in two shots less than the plain one. The shadow war bow gives you corruption arrows, versatile - turn larger monsters on the mobs and pick them off while they weaken the big one. Or get a good condition on the big one to accelerate the damage you'll do when you go for the weak parts. The tripcaster's fire traps devastate a few large enemies with tanks tucked below their bellies, doing big damage and making them vulnerable to flat damage. The explosion might kill nearby enemies.

This stuff is way more important than the outfits. You can get all of it by around level 20. Save the rest of the chips for making ammo and expanding carry capacity. Hunt lots of animals for the parts and meat to make the upgrades. I just grabbed some of the cheaper weapons for strategic purposes, and unlocking ammo capacity upgrading. I got a mid stealth outfit equipped with a rare stealth + melee mod and a mid melee outfit buffed with a rare melee mod, for when I expect to get charged. Everything else is generally manageable till then.

I think it's worth doing this way. At level 20ish I can really go anywhere and I haven't even unlocked half of the map. I can focus on getting outfits that make different situations easier as I go. Start gathering overrides from the cauldrons. Bots who fight for you are great lead-ins. They can do some wicked damage when they are suicidally set on attacking. It actually makes them more likely to win against their own kind.

That mid melee outfit I have gives you two or three extra hits with ~38 defense on it. Saves on the healing pouch and pulls you through those tense final moments spearing a boss. Pairs well with the spear knockdown and low health damage perk. It's one of the few games where I use the 'gravely injured' condition... Paper Mario being the other, oddly enough. It works well in this game for similar reasons to that. Health is in such short supply constantly so you generally aren't tanking hit anyway. Operating at low health is both common and viable as a temporary buff. The armor spares you from death by ramming from a smaller enemy in that vital 10-15 seconds when you're do-or-die with a big guy. I didn't believe until I got the perk and it just started saving me. If you can score a knockdown after getting wailed and nab the easy boosted crit, a large-ish enemy can go from half-health to pile immediately. Being able to quickly stop the attacks of the big monster makes it all so much easier and ultimately saves healing that would've been lost if you had to evade and drag out the fight. Many more chances to need healing and die.

Stealth gear is self-explanatory. Buffed-up, it lets you get close and stealth kill more alert herds. More easily pick them off with arrows, too.

I am pretty much free to save/farm for the heavy elemental armor now. It completely changes the tides of fights with big enemies that blast ranged elemental attacks. The damage they take out of those fights isn't trivial. Each blast can easily kill normally, but you'll take well over half a dozen with strong armor. Being that they're generally countable on one or under very special circumstances, two hands, you can think of a hit as a turn. Each extra turn you have buys you a move you can do, which may indeed be the move that defines the skirmish.

Everything about this game is little strategic things. You learn the importance of different things by playing. It's like a dance where you dress certain ways for certain dances, which come with different moves and effects for different stages and partners. It's hard to really do it mindlessly, no matter how good you are. It has that same zing that Control has, where you have to be flowing across these different combat strategies, making on the fly decisions that depend entirely on your ability to use your tools of perception and form a fairly exact set of tasks that pull it all together. The tasks in the set can vary, so long as you can see the scope of the situation/nature of what you're dealing with and curate/sequence a set of moves that fit. You don't get that free RPG hit as you play, where the same thing just gets better damage, or you have a better defensive option... or some basic status-inflicting thing. You instead get different things, and learn to grow your damage and capitalize on tougher battles more easily, with your character never getting much stronger outside of swapping niche defense options and putting some upgrades on weapons. I like the balance they have between RPG adventure and action adventure because it allows for interesting problems and solutions to appear.

It's a bit a like a typical boss fight, but more dynamic and free-form. There are ways both simple and elaborate, but no 'supposed to' about it. That's the whole game, really. You can always just keep a flow of doing stuff going across different loops that you organically fall in and out of. It's still divided up nicely but everything is rather decentralized.

I've finished HZD a few months ago and I kinda felt the same about the game tho I used a pretty simplistic approach like I usually do.

If I recall then I only used the Hunter 'short' bow mainly to set things on fire quickly, Sharpshot 'shadow' bow cause of the lovely Tearblast arrows + sometimes the Tripcaster for blast damage and rarely the sling for various elemental attacks.
On the armor side I mostly used the the best looking ones for my preference, regardless of the stats until I got the late game armor with the regenerating shield.

Granted I did not play on the harder difficulties but on normal I could get away with that playstyle for the most part and this way it was just about the right challenge for me. 'I don't find overly punishing hard difficulties fun in any game really'

And yea that early game feeling when you follow the main quest tracker and have to pass by those high level big monsters were kinda scary in a way that it made me think okay better keep my distance fom that thing. :laugh:
Ofc I still managed to pull some problematic fights accidentally where I ended up winning but just barely and it used up a big chunk of my resources.
I think my most hated enemy type was that burrowing rockbreaker, ugh had to fight like 2 at a time once and that was a pain to deal with since I wasn't exactly the right level yet.

It was a fun game and a good looker/eye candy too, kept me busy for a while and I did most of the ingame things except the training zone missions.
I also liked the story and tried to read/listen to everything I found since I was curious what happened with the world.
Too bad I wont be able to play Forbidden West anytime soon since I don't own a console nor plan to so until its not on PC I'm not playing it.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling be quiet dark rock pro 3
Memory GSKill Aegis 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon RX 7800 XT Hellhound 16GB GDDR6 256-bit
Storage Seagate Barracuda SATA-II 1TB , HyperX Savage 240GB SATA 3
Display(s) Benq EX2780Q
Case Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900
Audio Device(s) Sound BlasterX G6
Power Supply Seasonic prime TX-650
Mouse Marvo Scorpion G981
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Elite - Yellow Switch
Software Windows 10 Pro
1.jpg

Happy Holidays!

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Free, wait, wut? Has it changed as last time I tried logging in it said that I don't have an active subscription. Yeah, I paid for one month but I didn't play at all as I have hella lot of games which I need to play :laugh:

free trial for ffxiv has its own separate client and download, its currently/temporarily shut off, because the servers are overwhelmed.

lot of people love Endwalker it turns out.

just finished Guardian of The Galaxy, the game deserves the 8/10 rating it has got, could be 9/10 if the gameplay is more challenging.

Love that RT Reflection is well implemented in the game

I will get this when its the 15-20 dollar range. it surprises me it has a overwhelming pos rating on steam. very rare for any game, let alone a Disney franchise based on a movie.

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) 48" LG OLED C4
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Audio Device(s) KEF LSX II LT speakers + KEF KC62 Subwoofer
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Death Adder v3
Keyboard Razor Huntsman V3 Pro TKL
Software win11
I will get this when its the 15-20 dollar range. it surprises me it has a overwhelming pos rating on steam. very rare for any game, let alone a Disney franchise based on a movie.

Yeah, gamers have united and made their voice heard, we don't want the bullcrap "gaming as a service" that these gaming companies are pushing.
I bought GoTG at full price too, hopefully the game made enough money for SquareEnix to reconsider "gaming as a service" :D

System Name Apex Raptor: Silverback
Processor Intel i9 13900KS Allcore @ 5.8
Motherboard z790 Apex
Cooling LT720 360mm + Phanteks T30
Memory 32GB @8200MT/s CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090
Storage 990 PRO 4TB
Display(s) Neo G8 / C1 65"
Case Antec Performance 1
Audio Device(s) DT 1990 Pro / Motu M2
Power Supply Prime Ultra Titanium 1000w
Mouse Scimitar Pro
Keyboard K95 Platinum
I too am playing Guardians atm - for anyone into character driven story games + comedy, it's top tier. The game looks good too. DLSS has some noticable problems with HDR lights whenever there is camera movement, they flare up and go back to normal when it stops. Looks rather jarring.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Bought Hitman 2 & 3 on promo. Finished Hitman 1 today (I sorta dropped it mid way half a year ago or so when it was free on EGS), now I'm replaying it again in Hitman 2 (bought the GOTY DLC on promo, which adds campaign from 1 and DLC missions - plus 2 has proper DX12 engine).

System Name Merc v8| Project DRS
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D|5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX|B550 AORUS ELITE
Cooling Noctua NH-D15|Arctic LFII-360
Memory 2x 16GB-6000|2x16GB-3600
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4070 Ti SUPER|RTX 3070 Ventus
Storage Solidigm P44 1TB & 2TB, Crucial MX500 2TB|2x1TB SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU|LG 34GP950G
Case Caselabs Mercury S8|Phanteks G500A
Audio Device(s) Schiit Magni & Modi, Edifier S351DB|DT 770 PRO headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex PX-850|Prime TX-750
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Epomaker F75|Logitech K400
Software W11Pro
I am so desperate for the full release version of Baldur's Gate 3! I played the Early Release when it first came out last year and did everything and explored everywhere in the limited space but have since refused to go back for fear of ruining the full playthrough. Also, the updates tend to kill progress in the Early Release version.
Yep, I've experienced some weird stuff too. I can't see any health potions anymore, and somehow half my inventory disappeared. :mad:
Also the game is brutal, you gotta save a LOT.

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
Yet another stab at Watch Dogs Legion and while the hacking puzzles are not too bad, the voice acting and script leave a lot to be desired.
The Londoners in general sound like total morons and the F word is thrown about every other word. Hey, we all use it, but ffs, not like that and all the bloody time.
They've also really cheaped out on the graphics and it's nowhere near the quality of WD 2, which was a brilliant game in all respects.
Rant over...

Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Software Windows 10 Pro
Giving Shadow of the Tomb Raider a second run, already played it like 3 years ago 'damn time sure flies' on my RX 570 but since I played both 2013 and Rise 2 times it was about time to re visit Shadow while I still have time for it.
At least now I can pretty much max it out with no RT ofc but definitely better than how I played the last time.

Shadow1.jpg
Shadow2.jpg

I also finished House of Ashes before starting TR, surprisingly only 1 person died but the rest was close too especially at the end.
What a weird creepy game but nothing new from that serie, can't wait for their next episode. :D

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
My rig was oh way out of date for a long time so playing RDR2 for the first time and trying to get most challenges done as Arthur Morgan. Followed some guides to do Horseman 9 as him in chapter 3

first attempt fell off the horse in Tall Trees

second attempt nailed by a train I thought I could beat across the big bridge

third attempt successful but failed to get outta dodge in time and was killed trying to cross back to safety.

Might give the buggy trick a try for Herbalist 9 when it comes up.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
well I am bored of magic the gathering, haven't played it in over a month.

I have beat Endwalker, and maxed out my gear on both my Paladin and Summoner with ilev 570/580 mixes, I don't really care about raiding, I did a few raids, but like always its just not for me. i mean, there is really no reason for me to keep playing Endwalker, its 10/10, but I am done with it. not sure what I want to play next.

I think maybe a 2 week break from games, as I am currently reading Tolstoy's War and Peace. then thanks to @WhiteNoise I will start up God of War on steam when it comes out jan 14th. hopefully my gtx 1070 can handle it. i think it will be fine since I am 1080p only.

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar b650m wifi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 30CL6000
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Lian Li A3 mATX White
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W11 IoT Enterprise LTSC
well I am bored of magic the gathering, haven't played it in over a month.

I have beat Endwalker, and maxed out my gear on both my Paladin and Summoner with ilev 570/580 mixes, I don't really care about raiding, I did a few raids, but like always its just not for me. i mean, there is really no reason for me to keep playing Endwalker, its 10/10, but I am done with it. not sure what I want to play next.

I think maybe a 2 week break from games, as I am currently reading Tolstoy's War and Peace. then thanks to @WhiteNoise I will start up God of War on steam when it comes out jan 14th. hopefully my gtx 1070 can handle it. i think it will be fine since I am 1080p only.

Alchemy is the nail in MTGA's coffin. A secondary Standard rotation online only?! Its gullible idiot territory. They can now introduce all the bad things f2p is known for. And how the F would it be good to collect yet another rotating format's cards?!

Good reason to play paper :) I have uninstalled the whole thing.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Alchemy is the nail in MTGA's coffin. A secondary Standard rotation online only?! Its gullible idiot territory. They can now introduce all the bad things f2p is known for. And how the F would it be good to collect yet another rotating format's cards?!

Good reason to play paper :) I have uninstalled the whole thing.

I actually haven't played once since Alchemy rolled out... the UI feels weird now when selecting new match and I just find it all overwhelming at this point. Wizards made a huge mistake with Alchemy... their greed knows no bounds... its clear they are just capitalizing on the e-sports market now. A sad day for such a great game.

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar b650m wifi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 30CL6000
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Lian Li A3 mATX White
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W11 IoT Enterprise LTSC
I actually haven't played once since Alchemy rolled out... the UI feels weird now when selecting new match and I just find it all overwhelming at this point. Wizards made a huge mistake with Alchemy... their greed knows no bounds... its clear they are just capitalizing on the e-sports market now. A sad day for such a great game.

E sports?! For MTGA? Lol. They've literally reduced it to a F2P, time-gated, constant value sink. At least before Alchemy they had the advantage that it wasn't worse than paper Standard. But now, it really is. Its a whole separate world now that no longer matches MTG. It literally immediately killed all appetite for me to keep playing, its no longer the same game (and they're already printing legacy/vintage level land cards and place online-only mechanics on top :ohwell: )

And look at that absolutely atrocious card style. 2001 wants its graphics back

'Gaming in 2021:'
1640855948506.png

What we had:
1640855974714.png

o_O

System Name Blackbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF B550-Plus WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 G.Skill FlareX 3200Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3060 Ti Gaming Z
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB + WD SN550 1TB + Samsung 860 QVO 1TB
Display(s) LG 27GP850-B
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W
Mouse Logitech G305
Keyboard MasterKeys Pro S White (MX Brown)
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores It plays games.
Finished Nier Automata last weekend. It was entertaining but it ended sooner than what I was expecting. Didn't get to do that many side quests. You're supposed to play at least 3 playthroughs to experience all the story it seems, but I'm going to play some other stuff before I go back.

Also started and finished Kena: Bridge of Spirits this week. Had a great time exploring it, absolutely gorgeous game. Combat difficulty was a surprise, I expected it to be a lot more chill.

I was planning on playing Final Fantasy XV next, but I just realized you can't remap the controller buttons, you only get to choose between 3 presets, and they're all shit. Who wants B for attack, seriously. Shoulder button for dodge? I don't even feel like playing it anymore. Fucking Square Enix and their shit FF ports. /rant

I guess I'm playing Mass Effect Andromeda next.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Finished Nier Automata last weekend. It was entertaining but it ended sooner than what I was expecting. Didn't get to do that many side quests. You're supposed to play at least 3 playthroughs to experience all the story it seems, but I'm going to play some other stuff before I go back.

Also started and finished Kena: Bridge of Spirits this week. Had a great time exploring it, absolutely gorgeous game. Combat difficulty was a surprise, I expected it to be a lot more chill.

I was planning on playing Final Fantasy XV next, but I just realized you can't remap the controller buttons, you only get to choose between 3 presets, and they're all shit. Who wants B for attack, seriously. Shoulder button for dodge? I don't even feel like playing it anymore. Fucking Square Enix and their shit FF ports. /rant

just to let you know, you never actually finished the game most likely. Nier Automata is one of those tricky games like Doki Doki Literature Club, where when you think the game has ended it really hasn't, you just needed to click somewhere to keep going. its like a 100+ hour game for the full story, not just multiple endings, like the basic base story is 100+ hours.

andromeda is good choice, well done!

System Name Blackbox
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Display(s) LG 27GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G305
Software Windows 10
just to let you know, you never actually finished the game most likely. Nier Automata is one of those tricky games like Doki Doki Literature Club, where when you think the game has ended it really hasn't, you just needed to click somewhere to keep going. its like a 100+ hour game for the full story, not just multiple endings, like the basic base story is 100+ hours.

andromeda is good choice, well done!
I got to the end with 2B and then the game restarted with 9S. I didn’t really feel like playing the whole thing again right away, but I looked it up and it seems you’re supposed to play the game with 2B, 9S and the deserter to get the whole story. Is that correct?

I don't even feel like playing it anymore.
Then don't. Play the Classics in their remade form. The Steam versions of Final Fantasy 1 through 5(Please note 6 has been delayed until Feb2022) are very well done. The Epic version FF7 is very well done as well. Plenty of classic goodness to be had!

Last edited:
System Name Blackbox
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Display(s) LG 27GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G305
Software Windows 10
Then don't. Play the Classics in their remade form. The Steam versions of Final Fantasy 1 through 6 are very well done. The Epic version FF7 is very well done as well. Plenty of classic goodness to be had!
My long term plan is to own and play all of the FF games. Got 3 of them already. :laugh:
1640955688904.png

I've also tried playing VII twice, but never really got into it to make it to the end. I played most (I think) of VIII until I got stuck and also finished XIII on PS3.

Good to know the 1-6 remakes are good, they definitely on the list (pending sale) and eventually I'll try XV again, I guess I just had a short fuse yesterday.

For now I'm going with ME: Andromeda.

Software Windows 10 Pro

Kena is a really pretty game indeed and definitely not just a kid's game like someone told me when I was playing it.
Some boss fights took me multiple tries especially the last one but it was well worth it and personally its my game of the year.

ME: Andromeda is also totally playable ever since they rolled out a certain update/patch.
After that I barely ran into bugs or only minor ones, took me around 90+ hours to finish the game if I recall correctly. 'thats with every side mission done that had a quest tracker + some exploring ofc'

If I can have a suggestion then you might want to install shut up SAM mod, its a small mod that ahem shuts up SAM about every mining spot and radiation/cold zone when you get close to those.
That can be a bit annoying after a while. :D

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) 48" LG OLED C4
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Audio Device(s) KEF LSX II LT speakers + KEF KC62 Subwoofer
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Death Adder v3
Keyboard Razor Huntsman V3 Pro TKL
Software win11
Playing Deathloop, 5h in and I still don't know how this game is so highly rated, it does look pretty though.

My long term plan is to own and play all of the FF games.
From FF10 on, I lost all interest in the Final Fantasy series. IMHO, it's just a bunch of popularized tripe. They have no soul, no character and little depth. FF9 was the last FF to be worth the time. FF8 can be easily skipped...

Processor 5800X3D -30 CO
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling DeepCool Assassin III
Memory 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V @ 3800 CL14
Video Card(s) ASRock MBA 7900XTX
Storage 1TB WD SN850X + 1TB ADATA SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell S2721QS 4K60
Case Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced USB 3.0
Audio Device(s) Audiotrak Prodigy Cube Black (JRC MUSES 8820D) + CAL (recabled)
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750
Mouse Logitech Cordless Desktop Wave
Keyboard Logitech Cordless Desktop Wave
Software Windows 10 Pro
Ended the year with a bang! ;) Click the images and wait:

title.gifending.gif

This remake came out 31 years ago. It's amazing what the artist created in meager 256 colors with just 320x200 pixels. The resolution is only 3% of 1080p :twitch:

fawn.gif

Last edited:
System Name °( ఠ ͟ʖ ఠ)°
Processor Intel | i7 _ 11700K | @ ~ 5GHz all | cooling ~ Thermal Grizzly CARBONAUT
Motherboard Asus | ROG Strix -- Z 590-E
Cooling Asus | ROG Ryujin 240 2* _Noctua F PPC °3000 | 4+1* _beQuiet_ Silent/Light Wings 3 °2200
Memory G Skill | Trident Z *RGB @ 4000_ | _15-15-15-36_ |
Video Card(s) Asus | ROG Strix -- RTX 3070Ti_ #OC Edition
Storage INTENSO 250GB *1, 500GB*1 | Samsung EVO 860 / 970 EVO plus| WDC WD40 |
Display(s) Alienware | AW3821DW _ 38" {3840*1600} wide - curved
Case be Quiet | DARK BASE PRO 900 --- _rev. 2 --- #Silver
Audio Device(s) Asus | ROG Throne - Qi_7.1 | LOGITECH_G560 Speaker (RGB)
Power Supply be Quiet | DARK Power PRO 12 __ 1200W *titanium
Mouse Razer | NAGA Trinity (19 buttons)
Keyboard Razer | Huntsman V2 analog | Razer Goliathus (RGB) black
VR HMD Razer | Kraken Ultimate HEADSET __7.1 THX ____| DX RACER - Gaming Leather Chair_____ VR?? is odd!
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores See signature URL
Okay so far i have not reached my goal yet being underneath the worlds top 300 priest healers. Had not that plenty of time to push hard. But respectable 1400 :rolleyes:.
This addon is now half over and it is still plenty of time. I will keep going.. :ohwell:

Screenshot 2022-01-01 042750.jpg
Screenshot 2022-01-01 043403.jpg
Screenshot 2022-01-01 042730.jpg

System Name Blackbox
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Display(s) LG 27GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G305
Software Windows 10
From FF10 on, I lost all interest in the Final Fantasy series. IMHO, it's just a bunch of popularized tripe. They have no soul, no character and little depth. FF9 was the last FF to be worth the time. FF8 can be easily skipped...
Fortunately or unfortunately I can't relate. X was my first one, followed by XII and XIII that while not fantastic character/story wise had battle systems that were fun to play with. I've tried a few of the earlier ones like VII and VIII but never finished them because I got distracted by shinier games. Unfortunately I find it hard sometimes to play/watch older stuff because of visual quality.