• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2

haidofont

Hi Alan,
I got problems. the first time I installed this, it actually worked, except for the DTS. So I used the DriverStoreExplorer, followed the instructions, and remove everything related. Nextly, I went to Add or Remove to uninstall those DTS:X, Dolby, and AAF DCH and then restarted. After that, I tried to re-install the packet many times but It still did not download the DTS:X and Dolby, it only downloaded the Soundblaster connect 2. Can you help me?

Last edited:
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN MEDIAFIRE
HD AUDIO DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9316.1
USB AUDIO DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9600.2311
MORE DETAILS IN 1st PAGE

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

RECOMMENDATION: Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "Alan Finotty", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD) and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

@Tigger
Hello Alan Thanks for the new drivers, but i am still having problems, i test all of your driver in my Realtek ALC887 and the last work with "Stereo Mix" and "Mic in" 48000hz 24bits is you version "9231" in the last one i do not have these improvements and Sound Blaster Connect 2 say "you audio device cannot be detected please check your connection"

Maybe this help you to fix my problem :(

Propriedades do dispositivo
Descrição do dispositivo Realtek ALC887
Descrição do dispositivo (Windows) AAF DCH Optimus Sound Internal
Tipo de dispositivo Audio
Tipo de Bus HDAUDIO
Identificador do dispositivo 10EC-0887
ID do Sub-sistema 1458-A182
Revisão 1003
ID do Hardware HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_1458A182&REV_1003

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 521
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 391
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 325
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 335
  • sb.jpg
    sb.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 395

a_alchemist

I am so glad and sad at the same time, glad I found this forum and the geeks here, sad because I upgraded to z690 yesterday, which after research I found that the "decoding" light on the z906 wouldn't lit coz of this ALC-4080 USB based thing. I am not much of a technical geek, have had been using a Maximus VII ranger since 2015, worked like a charm over SPDIF.

No matter whatever I did, I cannot work the current one out, it's too bad. Had I known this thing in advance I could've opted for something else.

Staying tuned with fingers crossed for an update on this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 24505

MORE DETAILS IN 1st PAGE

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

RECOMMENDATION: Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "Alan Finotty", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD) and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

@Tigger

Thank you.

Mostly using my USB Cambridge Audio DAC now, but I will give this a try.

aytokpatop

I am so glad and sad at the same time, glad I found this forum and the geeks here, sad because I upgraded to z690 yesterday, which after research I found that the "decoding" light on the z906 wouldn't lit coz of this ALC-4080 USB based thing. I am not much of a technical geek, have had been using a Maximus VII ranger since 2015, worked like a charm over SPDIF. No matter whatever I do, it didn't work.

Staying tuned with fingers crossed for an update on this.
The drivers worked in your motherboard?

Net7

Anyone have any idea why installing this driver would make the audio device up and VANISH (completely)
Default Microsoft driver was in and working fine, install this and POOF, vanished from device manager (says not connected when unhidden)

Uninstalled yet still a ghost.

Latitude 5521 laptop (totally fresh windows install 21H2)

(for what its worth as I cannot find my OG account here, I do IT for a living and family/friends etc, this is just the first time its pulled a total Houdini from device manager on me)

Last edited:
I have an ASUS z690-E Gaming with an ALC4080. After loading this latest driver in analog mode it would trigger dolby and dts mode on my old sony receiver, but I just got crackling sounds. This crackling was the same as it was with the Asus Armoury Crate driver 6.3.9600.2307.

In analog stereo I got this error "Failed to play test tone".
In the configure sound panel I could select 5.1 (my speaker configuration), but when I hit "test" it said "the format is not supported by this interface".

In digital stereo I could hear the test tones.
In digital stereo there was no "configure" button in the old "sound" control panel.

Last edited:

Net7

Anyone have any idea why installing this driver would make the audio device up and VANISH (completely)
Default Microsoft driver was in and working fine, install this and POOF, vanished from device manager (says not connected when unhidden)

Uninstalled yet still a ghost.

Latitude 5521 laptop (totally fresh windows install 21H2)

(for what its worth as I cannot find my OG account here, I do IT for a living and family/friends etc, this is just the first time its pulled a total Houdini from device manager on me)
Totally not even this package, some funky stuff with Intel drivers that did NOT appear until after the restart that Realtek did, took manually installing all 30 drivers to figure it out (it was the last one on the list), FFS.

@AAF Optimus Nahimic can't be launched error How can I fix this error? is pretty annoying can't use Nahimic enhancements my chip is ALC1200 i'm using the version AAF9279

Attachments

• imagen_2022-03-22_161317.png
    imagen_2022-03-22_161317.png
    85.9 KB · Views: 216
  • imagen_2022-03-22_163730.png
    imagen_2022-03-22_163730.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:

a_alchemist

I have an ASUS z690-E Gaming with an ALC4080. After loading this latest driver in analog mode it would trigger dolby and dts mode on my old sony receiver, but I just got crackling sounds. This crackling was the same as it was with the Asus Armoury Crate driver 6.3.9600.2307.

In analog stereo I got this error "Failed to play test tone".
In the configure sound panel I could select 5.1 (my speaker configuration), but when I hit "test" it said "the format is not supported by this interface".

In digital stereo I could hear the test tones.
In digital stereo there was no "configure" button in the old "sound" control panel.
Yep I tried out today and got the exact same results as you. MSI MAG Torpedo Z690 ALC4080.

YodaSkate

@AAF Optimus I've gotten Dolby Digital Live to work via SPDIF, etc. Is there anything that can be done with Dolby Digital Live output via NVIDIA HDMI?

Hello Alan Thanks for the new drivers, but i am still having problems, i test all of your driver in my Realtek ALC887 and the last work with "Stereo Mix" and "Mic in" 48000hz 24bits is you version "9231" in the last one i do not have these improvements and Sound Blaster Connect 2 say "you audio device cannot be detected please check your connection"

Maybe this help you to fix my problem :(

Propriedades do dispositivo
Descrição do dispositivo Realtek ALC887
Descrição do dispositivo (Windows) AAF DCH Optimus Sound Internal
Tipo de dispositivo Audio
Tipo de Bus HDAUDIO
Identificador do dispositivo 10EC-0887
ID do Sub-sistema 1458-A182
Revisão 1003
ID do Hardware HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_1458A182&REV_1003
Mee Too, not work =/

1648063352289.png

Hey AAF, thank you for you Modded Realtek Drivers. But unfortunately, it doesn't work with games that uses Anti-Cheats like Valorant.

NisteR

Hi. Is It neccesary to buy DTS Headphone:X in microsoft store for use It? It cost 20 €/$

Can i use DTS Headphone:X without buy it with that?

thanks.

All of UWP apps are force closed, but decoder works flawlessly in Windows 11. Unlike Windows 10 that can uses all of UWP apps.

Well Alan, I've recently switched to a Sharkoon Gaming DAC Pro S and disabled onboard Realtek audio, it was good using all these drivers, you made it really easy to keep my Realtek driver up to date. Cheers!

MORE DETAILS IN 1st PAGE

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!
this version not work for me and the previous version seem to work but i cant change DTS movie and music the slider in Realtek console seemed to be doing nothing.
also the patched Realtek APO option is missing for me
my hardware IDS:
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_10438691&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_10438691

help me anyone
screen shot attached.
Screenshot 2022-03-21 103755.png
Screenshot 2022-03-21 103858.png

Last edited:

smvz

@AAF Optimus I've gotten Dolby Digital Live to work via SPDIF, etc. Is there anything that can be done with Dolby Digital Live output via NVIDIA HDMI?

As I am not using any spdif solution myself I can not respond to SGZ12 response that begs you to share your knowledge, but want to share that I managed surround via my pc-receiver-tv setup via hdmi.
What seemed to do it for me is to leave the Windows audio config set to stereo but also having enabled Dolby Digital.

Surround samples play fine on my 5.0 setup and fancy formats get processed as DD+, to be played on the receiver as 'direct' or digital/surround modes.
Foremost I get surround when using GeforceNow finally.

Thanks a bunch to AAF and many others being a part of such :)