• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dying Light 2 discussion thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 24505
  • Start date

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
System Name Tower of Power / Delliverance
Processor i7 14700K / i9-14900K
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 / Z690
Cooling CM MasterLiquid ML360 Mirror ARGB Close-Loop AIO / Air
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 / DDR5 2x 16gb
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti / GeForce RTX 4080
Storage 4x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2, 2x Crucial 1TB SSD / NVM3 PC801 SK hynix 1TB
Display(s) Samsung 32" Odyssy G5 Gaming 144hz 1440p, 2x LG HDR 32" 60hz 4k / 2x LG HDR 32" 60hz 4k
Case Phantek "400A" / Dell XPS 8960
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC4080 / Sound Blaster X1
Power Supply Corsair RM Series RM750 / 750w
Mouse Glorious Gaming Model D Wireless / Glorious Gaming Model O 2 Wireless
Keyboard Glorious GMMK with box-white switches / Keychron K6 pro with blue swithes
VR HMD Quest 3 (128gb) + Rift S + HTC Vive + DK1
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 / Windows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Yes
Well, I got past the ending. What a grind.

If you want the good ending:

So, when you get to deal with Hakon
Don't kill hakon. If you let him live, then at the end, he can save Lawan. If you kill Hakon, Lawan will sacrifice herself to save the city. Or you save her and let everybody else die.
I want to click it! haha but I won't.. haha

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) 48" LG OLED C4
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Audio Device(s) KEF LSX II LT speakers + KEF KC62 Subwoofer
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Death Adder v3
Keyboard Razor Huntsman V3 Pro TKL
Software win11
Well, I got past the ending. What a grind.

If you want the good ending:

So, when you get to deal with Hakon
Don't kill hakon. If you let him live, then at the end, he can save Lawan. If you kill Hakon, Lawan will sacrifice herself to save the city. Or you save her and let everybody else die.

Just finished the game and yeah the boss fight is stupid AF, the constant black outs are also annoying AF too. It looks like the script was written by a 5-year-old.

Quite weird that I had more fun doing the grindings in-game (farming zombies) compare to the storyline, that's how poor the story is.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard AsRock X670E Phantom Gaming Lightning
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Display(s) LG OLED55G2PUA
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified
Audio Device(s) Digital out to high end dac and amps.
Power Supply EVGA GQ 1000W
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Rift S, Quest 2, Quest 3
Software Windows 10 Pro
I've got around 55 hours into this game so far, mostly just exploring, collecting loot, and killing zombies. I will say that so far I think DL1 was way better. DL2 is much better with mods than it is without, which is how we are playing it now.

System Name TheReactor / HTPC
Processor AMD 7800x3d 5050Mhz / Intel 10700kf (5.1ghz All Core)
Motherboard ASrock x670e Taichi / ROG Strix z490-e gaming
Cooling HeatKiller VI CPU/GPU Block -2xBlackIce GTX 360 Radiators - Swiftech MCP655 Pump
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz DDR5 / 32GB G.Skill 3400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3090ti / Nvidia 2080ti
Storage Crucial T700 2TB Gen 5 / Samsung Evo 2Tb
Display(s) Acer Predator xb271hu - 2560x1440 @144hz
Case Corsiar 550
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Antec Quattro 1000W
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair Gaming k70
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
I've got around 55 hours into this game so far, mostly just exploring, collecting loot, and killing zombies. I will say that so far I think DL1 was way better. DL2 is much better with mods than it is without, which is how we are playing it now.
What mods? I haven't seen anything on Nexus that is game changing other than skins? Or you talking about some Hex Editing? I can't do that because once that door is open I can't stop and it ruins the game for me.

Last edited:
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Mouse Logitech G600
Software Windows 10 Pro
@ZenZimZaliben I'm using some mods that make changes to things such as providing more experience, increasing max stacks, and increasing durability. I hate how we can only half-ass repair weapons by using mods. I much prefer the way DL1 did it. I found a mod that allows repairs with scrap metal too. All of this and more are on Nexus.

Things that make the game more playable to me. I think this game is fun but it just doesn't compare to DL1 IMO. They made some pretty lame design choices. Mods help bring the game back to a playable state for me and a couple of my friends.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Does coop still work with the mods?
My gang is replaying dead island + riptide, with DL1 next up - it's like every sequel in, they take away half the fun :/

System Name TheReactor / HTPC
Processor AMD 7800x3d 5050Mhz / Intel 10700kf (5.1ghz All Core)
Motherboard ASrock x670e Taichi / ROG Strix z490-e gaming
Cooling HeatKiller VI CPU/GPU Block -2xBlackIce GTX 360 Radiators - Swiftech MCP655 Pump
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz DDR5 / 32GB G.Skill 3400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3090ti / Nvidia 2080ti
Storage Crucial T700 2TB Gen 5 / Samsung Evo 2Tb
Display(s) Acer Predator xb271hu - 2560x1440 @144hz
Case Corsiar 550
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Antec Quattro 1000W
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair Gaming k70
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
@ZenZimZaliben I'm using some mods that make changes to things such as providing more experience, increasing max stacks, and increasing durability. I hate how we can only half-ass repair weapons by using mods. I much prefer the way DL1 did it. I found a mod that allows repairs with scrap metal too. All of this and more are on Nexus.

Things that make the game more playable to me. I think this game is fun but it just doesn't compare to DL1 IMO. They made some pretty lame design choices. Mods help bring the game back to a playable state for me and a couple of my friends.
I agree about DL1 vs DL2. At first I thought it was more about how new, exciting and original the DL1 was but now after playing 30+ hours I think DL2 is just much, much easier (I play on hardest difficulty) and no where near as frightening. I have had very few jump "OMG" moments. Nearly the only way to find Volatiles is during a LVL3+ chase or in the later levels doing water towers, power stations, metro during the day. Otherwise you never see them. There isn't that dread of falling off the roof or leaving the black light.

The skill tree is also really lame IMO, especially the Melee tree. Tedious for the sake of being tedious.

Like why aren't the Volatiles out wandering around at night looking for humans to eat? They hide all day and then disappear at night. Where did they go?

Another thing that bothers me is that Aiden is a complete wuss during cut scenes, but like 5 minutes prior I killed 50 Infected, 1 goon, 2 spitters and 3 volatiles and then took out an entire gang of armed thugs without taking damage in like 5 minutes. But now during cut scene I get beat up by some 90lb girl or hit from behind by some scraggly bazaar hobo. I have almost Spider Sense but some hobo working for the Bazaar is able to KO me in 1 hit. LOL.

It is still a fun game and I enjoyed exploring it. I hope the DLC's really add the Nightmare back into the game.

cekk

Got this bug after finishing the last mission. Waltz's Health bar is stuck on my screen and Waltz spawned in front of me everytime I login and go outside safezones.

cekk

Now the PKs are attacking Waltz outside the Missy. How can I report this bug? Everytime I login he's outside the safezone.

Mouse Logitech G600
Software Windows 10 Pro
I beat this game two weeks ago. The end was buggy as all hell but we eventually made it through. We are now playing through DL1 again and it's just so much better. The only thing DL2 has over DL1 IMO is the parkouring is more fluid. Still, we did enjoy our play though of DL2 for the most part.

D

Deleted member 24505

I beat this game two weeks ago. The end was buggy as all hell but we eventually made it through. We are now playing through DL1 again and it's just so much better. The only thing DL2 has over DL1 IMO is the parkouring is more fluid. Still, we did enjoy our play though of DL2 for the most part.

I think DL1 is a better game. Seems more to do, the areas are better imo. I really enjoy/ed DL1

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / Ryzen 5600X3D
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming
Cooling Corsair H100i / bequiet! Pure Rock Slim 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 16GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / lots
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF & S3222DGM 32"
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
My brother and I loved Dying Light - 200+ hours and multiple play throughs on hard, nightmare and nightmare n+ difficulties. The only thing we hated about Dying Light; the QTEs. Those can take a leap off a tall building and into a dumpster fire.

My brother hasn't really done much on reading up on reviews for DL2, but I've had my doubts about the game based on criticism given to it and some of the more harsher reviews. My brother has been stoked to get DL2 for us and he gifted me a copy on Steam last weekend. He wants to play it in the next week or two, after we finish Wasteland 3.

Much like Dying Light, you need to get into the game a little bit before co-op is unlocked. I put in just over 2 hours (maybe closer to 2.5 hours) into Dying Light 2 and all I can say is that it plays like crap. The combat feels watered down and the parkour aspect of the game feels like I'm on the moon when it comes to jumping. The rope and bar swinging feels choppy and the stupid stamina bar for climbing is a joke.

One of the best things in Dying Light was working on scaling buildings and finding a way up and around areas....now I try to climb up a building and I can't. I fall due to lack of stamina....now you have to find another route like a well placed ramp up that gets you up to a low level roof.

I watched some end play video feeds and all I see are guys jumping from high points and using their gliders to get around the city. Then the magical acceleration when you do a drop kick while using the glider....watching bad guys not respond to the player swooping in and kicking the shit out of one of their comrades, they just stand there for a few seconds and get their skull smashed in from the player without even acknowledging him being there.

I hear that weapon throwing has been removed from the game - I loved throwing my weapons at zombies and hulks, then running up and trying to take the weapon back.
I found out that Sprinting is an unlockable skill.....no wonder my sprint button wasn't doing anything for me.

Combat against humans is bland. They swing, I block just right and they're stunned/off balance and I can easily hit them or vault off and magically fly at a second target with the vault kick.

Actual kicking at zombies feels weak. They barely move when I kick them. They come rushing up and I kick, but they don't react much, same with combat. I hit them, but it's like I'm using a pool noodle.

The awesome and entertaining ragdoll effects have been really toned down. Kicking a zombie from a ledge and the body just kind of drops and it doesn't flop/spin/rotate like in DL.

I haven't been able to get used to the Princess Peach floating jumps the game gives you. You can jump 20+ feet across a straight gap, but you can't climb up more than 10ft without getting exhausted and falling to the ground.

I'm willing to play through the game and see how it turns out as time progresses, but I'm really let down that it seems like a massive step backwards in gameplay compared to the first DL.

I also don't understand the whole idea of having to unlock parkour skills for Aiden. He's a pilgrim, he's been out and about on his own for a while, shouldn't he be an expert at parkour? Same with combat? How the hell did he survive for so long with basic skills in parkour and combat? It doesn't make much sense. I can understand in DL with Crane and him not being skilled with parkour and needed to level up the skill tree in it, he's never really done it before and he's learning as you go. Aiden has been running for years from zombies.....wtf?

Anyone else disappointed with DL2? I know I'm only in the game just past the intro, but so far it's been a huge letdown. I was so looking forward to the fast paced DL was and having them improve upon it, not make a slow, floaty feeling second game that's been gutted.

Last edited:

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
My brother and I loved Dying Light - 200+ hours and multiple play throughs on hard, nightmare and nightmare n+ difficulties. The only thing we hated about Dying Light; the QTEs. Those can take a leap off a tall building and into a dumpster fire.

My brother hasn't really done much on reading up on reviews for DL2, but I've had my doubts about the game based on criticism given to it and some of the more harsher reviews. My brother has been stoked to get DL2 for us and he gifted me a copy on Steam last weekend. He wants to play it in the next week or two, after we finish Wasteland 3.

Much like Dying Light, you need to get into the game a little bit before co-op is unlocked. I put in just over 2 hours (maybe closer to 2.5 hours) into Dying Light 2 and all I can say is that it plays like crap. The combat feels watered down and the parkour aspect of the game feels like I'm on the moon when it comes to jumping. The rope and bar swinging feels choppy and the stupid stamina bar for climbing is a joke.

One of the best things in Dying Light was working on scaling buildings and finding a way up and around areas....now I try to climb up a building and I can't. I fall due to lack of stamina....now you have to find another route like a well placed ramp up that gets you up to a low level roof.

I watched some end play video feeds and all I see are guys jumping from high points and using their gliders to get around the city. Then the magical acceleration when you do a drop kick while using the glider....watching bad guys not respond to the player swooping in and kicking the shit out of one of their comrades, they just stand there for a few seconds and get their skull smashed in from the player without even acknowledging him being there.

I hear that weapon throwing has been removed from the game - I loved throwing my weapons at zombies and hulks, then running up and trying to take the weapon back.
I found out that Sprinting is an unlockable skill.....no wonder my sprint button wasn't doing anything for me.

Combat against humans is bland. They swing, I block just right and they're stunned/off balance and I can easily hit them or vault off and magically fly at a second target with the vault kick.

Actual kicking at zombies feels weak. They barely move when I kick them. They come rushing up and I kick, but they don't react much, same with combat. I hit them, but it's like I'm using a pool noodle.

The awesome and entertaining ragdoll effects have been really toned down. Kicking a zombie from a ledge and the body just kind of drops and it doesn't flop/spin/rotate like in DL.

I haven't been able to get used to the Princess Toadstool floating jumps the game gives you. You can jump 20+ feet across a straight gap, but you can't climb up more than 10ft without getting exhausted and falling to the ground.

I'm willing to play through the game and see how it turns out as time progresses, but I'm really let down that it seems like a massive step backwards in gameplay compared to the first DL.

I also don't understand the whole idea of having to unlock parkour skills for Aiden. He's a pilgrim, he's been out and about on his own for a while, shouldn't he be an expert at parkour? Same with combat? How the hell did he survive for so long with basic skills in parkour and combat? It doesn't make much sense. I can understand in DL with Crane and him not being skilled with parkour and needed to level up the skill tree in it, he's never really done it before and he's learning as you go. Aiden has been running for years from zombies.....wtf?

Anyone else disappointed with DL2? I know I'm only in the game just past the intro, but so far it's been a huge letdown. I was so looking forward to the fast paced DL was and having them improve upon it, not make a slow, floaty feeling second game that's been gutted.

I enjoyed it. A lot.

It's difficult to improve on DL so I never went into this with high expectations, just tempered hopes. I was frustrated at first with the climbing stamina but on my 2nd playthrough I made sure to spend as much Inhibitor juice on that and not health. As for unclimables and progression - the game needs a start point from which to improve your performance. If you had everything straight away it'd be less interesting, at least to me. And the starting 'weak' mechanic is a plot-device used by almost all RPG style games. You progress, you improve.

But, it's just a game and I enjoyed it.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
As someone half way through DL1 with my coop buddies... gah i hope it's not as annoying as you make it sound.
Even DL1 had flaws, like needing 12 hours of gameplay to unlock the grappling hook -.-'

hopefully, 2 gets some updates or convenient mods to remove the irritations

D

Deleted member 24505

I really liked DL1 a lot, 2 not so much, it doesn't have the same feel as 1.

Mouse Logitech G502
As someone half way through DL1 with my coop buddies... gah i hope it's not as annoying as you make it sound.
Even DL1 had flaws, like needing 12 hours of gameplay to unlock the grappling hook -.-'

hopefully, 2 gets some updates or convenient mods to remove the irritations

I didn't read much into it before I got a copy (I did glance over a couple of reviews and they seemed to show the game was okay to decent), but after playing the intro and feeling like a slow, floaty version (having just come from playing some DL1 the weekend before I played DL2) of DL1, it felt really off. Almost like I was trying to run through knee-high water and when I jumped I felt like I was floating and gauging the distances for landing felt awkward.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting it to be an exact take off of DL1, but I did expect it to be very similar and then improving the parkour. Maybe I expected too much?

There are a few things that really, really irritate me, though, and I'm only about 3 hours into the game
1) the visual indicators that come up on the edge of your screen when a zombie or bad guy is approaching you from your sides or back
a) the visual indicators turn red for every zombie that's after you during a chase
2) chases - if you've played GTA3 and you know how you can build up your wanted rating (higher the rating, the more cops come after you)....this is the same thing. The higher the chase level, the more zombies are after you and you have just a ton of red indicator lights dancing around the edge of your screen.
(there is no current way to disable these indicators in the game options. You can remove them (delete them) from the game itself if you can find the files that need to be removed)
3) The stamina bar for parkour/climbing, I hate it. That was one of the best things about DL1, you could climb and go and trying to escape the hordes of zombies you sometimes have after you. I hear climbing is much less of a thing in DL2 and it's more about running and trying to use other methods to keep on top of the buildings.

I'm hoping I can find enough enjoyment in the game to play through the main mission, but what I've experienced so far for me is just a sad sequel that can't hold a torch to the first game.

My advise, if you haven't read much up on the game or went through any reviews of it yet, don't. Try to experience the game yourself without feeling like you're already being let down before you even start it. But you will notice certain aspects that have been removed from DL2 that you could do in DL1.

There are mods out there that can fix a few things, such as allowing you to repair weapons (yep, you can't repair weapons in DL2). If you add a weapon mod to a weapon, it will automatically repair the weapon, but you cannot repair them like in DL1.

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar b650m wifi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 30CL6000
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Lian Li A3 mATX White
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W11 IoT Enterprise LTSC
I really liked DL1 a lot, 2 not so much, it doesn't have the same feel as 1.

I reckon pre orders sure didnt help Techland to put as much talent and creativity into 2 as they did into 1... ;)

But everyone who did pre order lost that consumer voice right away. They are the blind crowd that covers a baseline of sales. But the crowd that waits it out and decides 'this is budget bin material' certainly does voice its concerns. They voted with their wallet, after all implicitly saying 'we wait and see what you deliver and it better be good'...

Net result of pre order: lost consumer power. Eventual degradation of content quality. Paying maximum price. Getting all the early adopter problems and subsequent patching. But hey, at least you got it first :)

So 'why not' pre order?! Thats why not. You are paying off a risk factor for developers which inspires management to start defining the development game which in every single case means the content goes down in quality so they can save pennies.

Im watching this unfold in my day to day job as much as online. Business is filthy and people have no idea what monsters they create.

Last edited:

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
I didn't read much into it before I got a copy (I did glance over a couple of reviews and they seemed to show the game was okay to decent), but after playing the intro and feeling like a slow, floaty version (having just come from playing some DL1 the weekend before I played DL2) of DL1, it felt really off. Almost like I was trying to run through knee-high water and when I jumped I felt like I was floating and gauging the distances for landing felt awkward.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting it to be an exact take off of DL1, but I did expect it to be very similar and then improving the parkour. Maybe I expected too much?

There are a few things that really, really irritate me, though, and I'm only about 3 hours into the game
1) the visual indicators that come up on the edge of your screen when a zombie or bad guy is approaching you from your sides or back
a) the visual indicators turn red for every zombie that's after you during a chase
2) chases - if you've played GTA3 and you know how you can build up your wanted rating (higher the rating, the more cops come after you)....this is the same thing. The higher the chase level, the more zombies are after you and you have just a ton of red indicator lights dancing around the edge of your screen.
(there is no current way to disable these indicators in the game options. You can remove them (delete them) from the game itself if you can find the files that need to be removed)
3) The stamina bar for parkour/climbing, I hate it. That was one of the best things about DL1, you could climb and go and trying to escape the hordes of zombies you sometimes have after you. I hear climbing is much less of a thing in DL2 and it's more about running and trying to use other methods to keep on top of the buildings.

I'm hoping I can find enough enjoyment in the game to play through the main mission, but what I've experienced so far for me is just a sad sequel that can't hold a torch to the first game.

My advise, if you haven't read much up on the game or went through any reviews of it yet, don't. Try to experience the game yourself without feeling like you're already being let down before you even start it. But you will notice certain aspects that have been removed from DL2 that you could do in DL1.

There are mods out there that can fix a few things, such as allowing you to repair weapons (yep, you can't repair weapons in DL2). If you add a weapon mod to a weapon, it will automatically repair the weapon, but you cannot repair them like in DL1.
Gah, the fact that weapon repairs were limited is annoying our group already

funnily enough we had a hacker join in (accidentally set to public) who gifted us a bunch of cheated items that made the game a lot more fun, letting us cheese our way through grindy sections

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
I think they're adding 'New Game +'.

Mouse Logitech G502
Gah, the fact that weapon repairs were limited is annoying our group already

funnily enough we had a hacker join in (accidentally set to public) who gifted us a bunch of cheated items that made the game a lot more fun, letting us cheese our way through grindy sections

I swear I quoted you back on 4/10/22 in this thread about your co-op experience. Now that I'm back in the thread my response isn't here.....anyway:

How was the co-op experience? I hear a lot of disconnects and a lot of desyncs and bugs make co-op a problem for many people; such issues as people not being able to upgrade their paraglider and UV flashlight, unable to progress missions and so on.

Last edited:

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Well... trying to play this now.

Constant disconnects and players going out of sync, seeing and doing different things before they get booted from the game.
Internet/connections are rock solid and work for every other title, anyone got fixes or workarounds?

~2 hours of a tutorial before coop even unlocks makes it hard to fight steam for a refund, too

Yeah my gaming group just requested refunds, so i guess that's it for me.
The devs have a sticky saying they're working super hard on the coop bugs... posted in feb. Still not fixed at all, we cant manage 15 minutes without someone going out of sync or dropping.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 24505

Not tried COOP, but from my reading, it is not the best is it.

After DL1 being so good (imo) they should have tried harder on this and at least kept the jumpy stuff the same even if the storyline was different. The jumpy stuff and weapon stuff in DL! was imo very enjoyable, but somewhat ruined in this.

Kind of a waste of £50

Mouse Logitech G502
Well... trying to play this now.

Constant disconnects and players going out of sync, seeing and doing different things before they get booted from the game.
Internet/connections are rock solid and work for every other title, anyone got fixes or workarounds?

~2 hours of a tutorial before coop even unlocks makes it hard to fight steam for a refund, too

Yeah my gaming group just requested refunds, so i guess that's it for me.
The devs have a sticky saying they're working super hard on the coop bugs... posted in feb. Still not fixed at all, we cant manage 15 minutes without someone going out of sync or dropping.

That's the same boat my brother and I are in. Took just over 2 hours to do the intro and when we tried coop for a brief moment before patch 1.3 (putting us both at around 2.5 hours of game time), we had sync issues. We figured we'd just hold out since we probably couldn't get a refund and it appears that coop is still pretty shitty with sync issues or still not being able to connect.

Honestly, I don't really have high hopes for this game over the DL1.

I hear coop still hasn't been fixed to allow people that join a host to be able to upgrade their paraglider.
I don't like how the combat feels and how floaty the parkour feels.
I've watched late game combat and the constant use of the paraglider is off putting and how slow the bad guys (not zombies) respond to you dropping in on them from the paraglider is pathetic. The first bad guy gets kicked down, the other two standing there just stand there long enough for you to land, take a few steps towards them and attack one of them before you get any kind of reaction from them.
I've watched how you use updrafts magically coming out of vents to launch up with paraglider.....I'm not a fan of it (I haven't even used it, but I don't think it's a good fit for a form of constant use.....the game was "designed" for "better parkour", yet you're out floating around on a paraglider and not doing parkour. Also, where does it go after you land? Are you just dragging it behind you on the ground?)

I'm just kind of anxiously awaiting to be able to play it coop, but at the same time, the into and gameplay videos haven't impressed me so I'm kind of reluctant to continue to even play the game.

Come on Techland, get your head out of your ass and fix the bugs and broken coop already.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
The three of us got our refuds, my brother had to apply twice stating that multiplayer was broken (rather than whatever he rambled about the first time)
It feels so sketchy to force THAT much gameplay before MP even unlocks, like its a method to reduce returns intentionally.

If we weren't in discord we'd never have had any idea how bad it was
Host: where are you
Player 1: here
Host: where?
Player 2: above you hurry up, i cant open the door
Host: ... door?
*Follows their marker, finds them doing a CS:GO running in place up against a solid wall*

Timed it at 3 minutes after we noticed the desync before he dropped out in-game, if this was with randoms or relying on the in game voice chat you'd just think your coop buddy had mental health problems