• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
This, its a little bit what GTA also has. Yes, stuff can fly in weird directions, who cares :D
GTA would be the other game I'd mention when it comes to that style of emergence. Though more earlier editions than later. Later games still have a lot of sandbox elements, but in terms of missions/controls/general interactions, a lot more is higher complexity than it used to be and thus more predetermined. They've added so much polish with the world and animations... and so much they want you to specifically see/do in every mission that the experience can become rather sneakily linear for long stretches of play. You start to get locked into how they want you to experience things... this is where all of the open-world games out there bug me. So obsessed with hype. They show you the thing. You buy it. You do the thing. This is not emergent gameplay. It's a linear story game with an overworld and some modules. Every feature and extra complexity takes up more space in the sandbox. There is a balancing act, but with the things publishers want to market to players, there is no room for the game and player behavior to really breathe outside of specified confines.

I've never really been sure what Bethesda wanted its players to experience. I think as a whole, Bethesda itself doesn't know, either. And that's what made the games good. They added a bunch of different sources of potential outcomes... all of this random stuff that can happen in random places, but never went and did the final polishing and directing, so the behavior actually is highly variable. So many random things can just line-up. As much as Bethesda NEEDS to step it up majorly in the polishing department, I think all of their contemporaries need to think a little more about what it actually means to let the player steer the experience. I don't think they understand that it's not simply about providing set choices and paths for the player to then discern, with cues leading in. Bethesda has actually never been great at that. Sometimes it's about giving them no path. It's about the overall sense of predictability. When the choices and outcomes available are too curated, you lose the sense of mystery in all of the action. You always know what and how the game decides for you. However, nobody EVER knows what and how a *Bethesda* game decides for you. It's such a ridiculous thing to say, but their basic, sloppy-ass games feel more alive than a lot of the big open-worlds coming out now. And I think a lot of it really is just down to the fact that they do leave you a bigger sandbox. The game is okay with you breaking it, if you are. ;) You can actually try to defy the game, and there's a good chance you'll succeed. You don't always even know when it's throwing you a curve ball, when it's curving on itself, or you are curving it, but that's part of what makes it feel more like a living thing with a personality.

I think the first studio to figure out what I'm getting at revolutionizes the genre again. Right now, they're kinda headed in the opposite direction, on this truncating path to further refining all of the things we all already know always happen in every open-world game. I dunno. It'll be interesting to see what becomes of Starfield. I don't have the highest of hopes but we shall see.

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 9950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage Intel 905p Optane 960GB boot, +2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11 Enterprise IoT 2024
Timberborn. I am now partial to beavers. They seem more fit for the earth than humans...

System Name Merc v8| Project DRS
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D|5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX|B550 AORUS ELITE
Cooling Noctua NH-D15|Arctic LFII-360
Memory 2x 16GB-6000|2x16GB-3600
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4070 Ti SUPER|RTX 3070 Ventus
Storage Solidigm P44 1TB & 2TB, Crucial MX500 2TB|2x1TB SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU|LG 34GP950G
Case Caselabs Mercury S8|Phanteks G500A
Audio Device(s) Schiit Magni & Modi, Edifier S351DB|DT 770 PRO headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex PX-850|Prime TX-750
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Epomaker F75|Logitech K400
Software W11Pro
Arma 3

War is hell

Instructions were in Spanish...

System Name Kick
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-8700k CPU @ 3.20GHz
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WI-FI AC)
Cooling 240 closed
Memory 32 GB Hyperx 2600
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2080 TI
Storage Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB ST2000DM006-2DM164 1863.01 GB
Display(s) Acer Predator 34 '' 43” Acer UM.ME0AA.001 ET430K 43" LED LCD Monitor
Audio Device(s) Razer Surround Audio Controller Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Power Supply 850 p2 evga
Mouse Razer Naga
Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
Software Windows Home 10
Playing SGW sniper ghost warrior,contracts 2.If you like fast action . this is it baby, good graphics.
I give it around 80.

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
My usual starting position in Grid Autosport :D
grid-autosport.jpg

Ruru

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling Custom loop
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF OC 10GB
Storage 256+240+128+480+2x1TB SSDs + 3TB HDDs
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 + Asus TUF P1 mousepad
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis
Still working on FF X-2. The grandpa was way easier than I thought, beat him at first try.

1652144935177.png

System Name Work Computer | Unfinished Computer
Processor Core i7-6700 | Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Dell Q170 | Gigabyte Aorus Elite Wi-Fi
Cooling A fan? | Truly Custom Loop
Memory 4x4GB Crucial 2133 C17 | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600 C26
Video Card(s) Dell Radeon R7 450 | RTX 2080 Ti FE
Storage Crucial BX500 2TB | TBD
Display(s) 3x LG QHD 32" GSM5B96 | TBD
Case Dell | Heavily Modified Phanteks P400
Power Supply Dell TFX Non-standard | EVGA BQ 650W
Mouse Monster No-Name $7 Gaming Mouse| TBD
1652150003282.png

PUBG Mobile emulated on PC. Still haven't found a Battle Royale to compete. Only just found out that PUBG PC is free, have yet to try it.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling be quiet dark rock pro 3
Memory GSKill Aegis 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon RX 7800 XT Hellhound 16GB GDDR6 256-bit
Storage Seagate Barracuda SATA-II 1TB , HyperX Savage 240GB SATA 3
Display(s) Benq EX2780Q
Case Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900
Audio Device(s) Sound BlasterX G6
Power Supply Seasonic prime TX-650
Mouse Marvo Scorpion G981
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Elite - Yellow Switch
Software Windows 10 Pro
20220510170121_1.jpg

The nicest person in Elden Ring is this turtle. Calm and soothing voice ready to tell you everything.
They do have a thing about turtles in this game.

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 3
Software Win 11 Pro x64
Enjoying my latest "toy" purchase, my wheel rig. But just doing nice chill driving. I was playing ATS but I've now moved back to ETS 2, started fresh and just purchased my first truck and the disappointing paint option that is pretty obvious...
ETSV.jpg

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Software Windows 10 Pro
This ghoul dunked so hard he got stuck to the ceiling. Dude was probably a menace on the court of this trailer park, back when people lived in it! The impulse was so strong, it was the last remaining part of his mind to tower over the utter mind-annahilation of feralization. Even as a feral ghoul, the man never forgot his footwork. This game is deep man, check it out! :laugh:
Fallout4 2022-05-12 00-09-16.jpg

What a magnificent moment to have frozen in time, to be observed as one observes a statue. It really is such a graceful pose - what poise and fitness this fine ghoul has! Is that "Swan Lake" I hear?

He's... uninteractable. Technically speaking, he does not exist. I can't even grab him in the console. "Ghouls: The Ballet" is just a glitch in the matrix. And honestly, it's probably my fault that a couple of them behave like this at this location. But if that's the case, I am only that much more proud to see it. I would have to concede that my modding work is done, as I can do no better.

I do now wonder how feasible it would be to have radiant spawns of ghouls performing ballet scenes before attacking, however... I must contemplate this for many long nights. Imagine - as the fog of the radstorm swoops in to obscure all but an arm's-length view, you begin to hear the faint cries of several ghouls off in the distance, inching closer with each cry. It is becoming hard to count how many there may be, and echoes obscure the exact position and dimensions of the mob. This could be bad. All that you see is a chaotic impression of a sea of tree silhouettes, vanishing quickly into the fog through the narrow radius of your headlamp's dim beam. Intermittent flashes of radioactive cloud-to-cloud lightning bring the reality of this ghastly arena closer to the foreground of your mind with each unholy thunderclap of rolling toxicity. And wait, is that... ...the theme for The Nutcracker?

I dunno... maybe there's like... a lab somewhere that produced a bunch of funny drugs for crowd control, that are now in the environment. This is Fallout. You already have Hallucigen in this very game, a facility where they developed a bunch of 'non-lethal' tools for just that. Why can't people in this game believe that there are dancing ghouls out there when actually they are regular ghouls who want your limbs, and you are just high on dumdum gas that's been swept up in the same weather patterns carrying fallout from The Glowing Sea across the whole Commonwealth of Boston? Can we pass by travelers swearing by their recent encounters? Maybe there's a guy who spawns at one of the many overworld radiant spawns for NPCs, and he tells different stories of them. You hear whispers about them in towns. Maybe what those people don't understand (but you can learn,) is that there's a region downwind that's just fucked by stupid gas, once stored in a grossly incompetent manner by a shitty arms contractor from prewar times - trying like everyone else in the lore to quickly win bids to make the most money on the war. I think I have all I need. This practically canon now. I think they must have meant for me to piece this together. I just invented a whole unique biome for the worldspace based on ghouls doing ballet. Worldspaces need a variety of biomes with depth in their distinguishing characteristics to really have staying power as worlds in anyone's minds. At least put it in a terminal, Bethesda. You're welcome. I'm doing the real work here :rolleyes: ;)

Everything I say about this game inevitably turns into a full critique lol

This premise is totally absurd, but I feel like the way I propose integrating it would actually work better than it sounds like it should. I just wish they had more things on that level of world-tethering. Part of what makes the games cool is that they actually don't hold your hand THAT much. There are super-simple paths to go through all of the big stuff - it's all laid out for you. But there is also nothing stopping you from ignoring all of that. But at the same time, there's not a lot like what I described up there - stuff incentivizing you in any particular direction, down on that ground level of exploration. I've seen a few posters touch on something like this being what stopped them from getting into the game from the start - the got bored meandering in different directions. I think it's somewhere in the whole 'uncovering' aspect of exploration. It's about the why of what you find yourself wanting to do with that freedom. That's the difference between hollow world experience and not for me.

What I'm trying to say is that good, convincing world elements in these games are more about buildup and integration than necessarily the theming consistency. At least IMO. I think this is where Bethesda most fucks up Fallout, to be totally honest. They min-max it, with most of the weight on the latter. It's that simple in the end. From the beginning it has been a world with room to make any number of things interesting, and I think Bethesda agrees with that. But they only get on a superficial level. It's something *like* the original ideas for approaching the delivery of things, without ever embodying the spirit of it fully. They get so caught up with making it look and feel like a Fallout game that their worlds end up lacking the gut biomes that would make that more of a playable reality. The originals were so good on integrating world elements with the subplots and different NPCs... and there was so little to guide any of it. Now, that makes it inaccessible, but somehow it was possible for people to get into those worlds by including those aspects. So much work goes into dressing these things up like Fallout games. They're thorough in their portrayal of everything, down to minutia. Part of this I think is just because it lets them recycle a lot of assets from game to game. But another part of it, to me, is this obsession with the aesthetic of their Fallout brand. It's not enough!

Cyberpunk suffered for the same reason. Look at the world. It's INCREDIBLE to look at. You know it took a lot of work to make it so intricately authentic everywhere you go and everywhere you look. And yet, a common complaint was not feeling a connection to the world... it felt dead, empty. Plenty of things to do in it, when you really lay it all out. But there's nothing really to uncover behind this masterpiece of a sci-fi cityscape. You tour the obvious attractions but exploring the world is not exactly an ever-evolving experience. I mean, yeah man, it is "Cyberpunk" to the max but what's that ultimately worth in XP when you're left with less story and game to tie into it all?

Last edited:
This ghoul dunked so hard he got stuck to the ceiling. Dude was probably a menace on the court of this trailer park, back when people lived in it! The impulse was so strong, it was the last remaining part of his mind to tower over the utter mind-annahilation of feralization. Even as a feral ghoul, the man never forgot his footwork. This game is deep man, check it out! :laugh:
View attachment 247116
What a magnificent moment to have frozen in time, to be observed as one observes a statue. It really is such a graceful pose - what poise and fitness this fine ghoul has! Is that "Swan Lake" I hear?

He's... uninteractable. Technically speaking, he does not exist. I can't even grab him in the console. "Ghouls: The Ballet" is just a glitch in the matrix. And honestly, it's probably my fault that a couple of them behave like this at this location. But if that's the case, I am only that much more proud to see it. I would have to concede that my modding work is done, as I can do no better.

I do now wonder how feasible it would be to have radiant spawns of ghouls performing ballet scenes before attacking, however... I must contemplate this for many long nights. Imagine - as the fog of the radstorm swoops in to obscure all but an arm's-length view, you begin to hear the faint cries of several ghouls off in the distance, inching closer with each cry. It is becoming hard to count how many there may be, and echoes obscure the exact position and dimensions of the mob. This could be bad. All that you see is a chaotic impression of a sea of tree silhouettes, vanishing quickly into the fog through the narrow radius of your headlamp's dim beam. Intermittent flashes of radioactive cloud-to-cloud lightning bring the reality of this ghastly arena closer to the foreground of your mind with each unholy thunderclap of rolling toxicity. And wait, is that... ...the theme for The Nutcracker?

I dunno... maybe there's like... a lab somewhere that produced a bunch of funny drugs for crowd control, that are now in the environment. This is Fallout. You already have Hallucigen in this very game, a facility where they developed a bunch of 'non-lethal' tools for just that. Why can't people in this game believe that there are dancing ghouls out there when actually they are regular ghouls who want your limbs, and you are just high on dumdum gas that's been swept up in the same weather patterns carrying fallout from The Glowing Sea across the whole Commonwealth of Boston? Can we pass by travelers swearing by their recent encounters? Maybe there's a guy who spawns at one of the many overworld radiant spawns for NPCs, and he tells different stories of them. You hear whispers about them in towns. Maybe what those people don't understand (but you can learn,) is that there's a region downwind that's just fucked by stupid gas, once stored in a grossly incompetent manner by a shitty arms contractor from prewar times - trying like everyone else in the lore to quickly win bids to make the most money on the war. I think I have all I need. This practically canon now. I think they must have meant for me to piece this together. I just invented a whole unique biome for the worldspace based on ghouls doing ballet. Worldspaces need a variety of biomes with depth in their distinguishing characteristics to really have staying power as worlds in anyone's minds. At least put it in a terminal, Bethesda. You're welcome. I'm doing the real work here :rolleyes: ;)

Everything I say about this game inevitably turns into a full critique lol

This premise is totally absurd, but I feel like the way I propose integrating it would actually work better than it sounds like it should. I just wish they had more things on that level of world-tethering. Part of what makes the games cool is that they actually don't hold your hand THAT much. There are super-simple paths to go through all of the big stuff - it's all laid out for you. But there is also nothing stopping you from ignoring all of that. But at the same time, there's not a lot like what I described up there - stuff incentivizing you in any particular direction, down on that ground level of exploration. I've seen a few posters touch on something like this being what stopped them from getting into the game from the start - the got bored meandering in different directions. I think it's somewhere in the whole 'uncovering' aspect of exploration. It's about the why of what you find yourself wanting to do with that freedom. That's the difference between hollow world experience and not for me.

What I'm trying to say is that good, convincing world elements in these games are more about buildup and integration than necessarily the theming consistency. At least IMO. I think this is where Bethesda most fucks up Fallout, to be totally honest. They min-max it, with most of the weight on the latter. It's that simple in the end. From the beginning it has been a world with room to make any number of things interesting, and I think Bethesda agrees with that. But they only get on a superficial level. It's something *like* the original ideas for approaching the delivery of things, without ever embodying the spirit of it fully. They get so caught up with making it look and feel like a Fallout game that their worlds end up lacking the gut biomes that would make that more of a playable reality. The originals were so good on integrating world elements with the subplots and different NPCs... and there was so little to guide any of it. Now, that makes it inaccessible, but somehow it was possible for people to get into those worlds by including those aspects. So much work goes into dressing these things up like Fallout games. They're thorough in their portrayal of everything, down to minutia. Part of this I think is just because it lets them recycle a lot of assets from game to game. But another part of it, to me, is this obsession with the aesthetic of their Fallout brand. It's not enough!

Cyberpunk suffered for the same reason. Look at the world. It's INCREDIBLE to look at. You know it took a lot of work to make it so intricately authentic everywhere you go and everywhere you look. And yet, a common complaint was not feeling a connection to the world... it felt dead, empty. Plenty of things to do in it, when you really lay it all out. But there's nothing really to uncover behind this masterpiece of a sci-fi cityscape. You tour the obvious attractions but exploring the world is not exactly an ever-evolving experience. I mean, yeah man, it is "Cyberpunk" to the max but what's that ultimately worth in XP when you're left with less story and game to tie into it all?
is that at jamaica plain or close to fort hagen? looks familiar lol

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Case NZXT H710
Software Windows 10 Pro
is that at jamaica plain or close to fort hagen? looks familiar lol
Hahaha, no, actually :laugh: The ghouls at the plain are a lil goofy for me as well, but this is Fiddler's Green Trailer Estates. I was getting ready to get Winlock and Barnes for Big Mac and it was on the way.

Hahaha, no, actually :laugh: The ghouls at the plain are a lil goofy for me as well, but this is Fiddler's Green Trailer Estates. I was getting ready to get Winlock and Barnes for Big Mac and it was on the way.
ah yes, very close to fort hagen lol

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Case NZXT H710
Software Windows 10 Pro
ah yes, very close to fort hagen lol
Hah, I guess it is fairly close. I was still stuck on JP. I try to avoid that place unless I'm going in, because more than once I've somehow managed to make every ghoul in there charge me after alerting one or two from the road next to it. *shudders* God forbid a deathclaw spawns in the spot by the intersection leading up when you're headed south. I've only had it happen once... and I managed to get all of the gunners and mutants from that dump at the end of that intersecting road working me over from afar while I was dancing with this friggin deathclaw and simultaneously realizing all of the ghouls from JP are also awake. Little red dots everywhere. Never again. Next time I want an experience like that, I can just jump into the pit of Dunwich Borers. At least then I can have a cool knife that I will never use.

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R7 5800X3D
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Frozen Edge 360, 3x TL-B12 V2, 2x TL-B12 V1
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) JBL Bar 700
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1000, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
Right now I have BeamNG, Crysis, CP77, FC5, FH 5, GTA V, and RDR2 installed. I usually play Forza for a half hour or so an evening, and dabble with the other ones on the weekend. Really glad I got my new GPU, I was playing on a 980 Classified.. it was "ok" but I kinda knew what I was missing :D

But honestly.. I play Mario Kart on my phone the most lol.. My PC is downstairs, and I have to spend time with the family upstairs..

Hah, I guess it is fairly close. I was still stuck on JP. I try to avoid that place unless I'm going in, because more than once I've somehow managed to make every ghoul in there charge me after alerting one or two from the road next to it. *shudders* God forbid a deathclaw spawns in the spot by the intersection leading up when you're headed south. I've only had it happen once... and I managed to get all of the gunners and mutants from that dump at the end of that intersecting road working me over from afar while I was dancing with this friggin deathclaw and simultaneously realizing all of the ghouls from JP are also awake. Little red dots everywhere. Never again. Next time I want an experience like that, I can just jump into the pit of Dunwich Borers. At least then I can have a cool knife that I will never use.
I have my X-01 fully upgraded, tytanium plates and for weight, gaus rifle, guardians sniper, high power shotgun, 556, double shot laser rifle, etc, no worries going in, I just mow them down LOL :D

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Case NZXT H710
Software Windows 10 Pro
I have my X-01 fully upgraded, tytanium plates and for weight, gaus rifle, guardians sniper, high power shotgun, 556, double shot laser rifle, etc, no worries going in, I just mow them down LOL :D
Ahhh, I see how you roll lol. TBH I have seldom used power armor and in over 2000 hours logged in this game, I gotta concede... it's fully out of spite for them handing it to you right away. I said "Nuh uh, I'm gonna suffer on hard with my shitty pipe guns and sciencey gimp suit."

Honestly I think I just find myself out there too early. I'll generally be makin that trek ~level 11 to get the luck and agility bobbleheads out by spectacle island. Just as soon as I have the Overseer's Guardian and a few perks. I'm not farming legendaries yet. But I actually don't farm them at all, it's modded to spawn more legendary foes sooner. And then every steamer trunk has one as well. Why use tedious exploits in a fully moddable single-player, yanno?

So I'll play with all kinds of legendaries across a playthrough. Often, the placed ones are boring by comparison. My favorite is when the game blesses me with a never ending double barrel. There is a narrow range of lower-mid levels where you can get that to spawn.

All of the guns are buffed on damage, enemies are tough. It's all quick kill/quick death. I've got AWKCR/AE so I can ham-out on my armor rating pretty easily, but I just use it to do what I want with aesthetic. Though even with higher armor than would normally be possible, you can easily be crushed in my game. This was my answer to the creeping bullet sponge thing. I did the power fantasy thing for years, especially with Skyrim... so many ways to manhandle the crap out of everything. But now I kinda like more tension. I can't even survive and really fight while actively taking damage because of the screen blur. Can't charge in with lots of enemies. Gotta be kitted just right and use your weapons well. I blame a few hundred hours of Metro Exodus, with several ranger hardcore runs. I've never been scared to fight anything in Fallout 4, but with it set up this way, I do feel that tension sometimes. Bigger rewards for bigger challenges. Lotsa legendaries to grab and use, but you're gonna need em.

System Name purplekaycee
Processor Core i7 6700
Motherboard Msi z270 titanium
Cooling Cooler Master hyper 212 EVO
Memory 16gb (2x8gb) corsair LPX vengeance
Video Card(s) Gigabyte gtx 1080ti
Storage 1tb Samsung SSD, 4tb Seagate HDD, 8tb Seagate HDD
Display(s) Dell 23" ST 2310 60hz 1080p monitor
Case Cooler Master H500M
Audio Device(s) Astro A40 headphone
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX 850. 850W
Mouse Regular mouse
Keyboard Regular keyboard
Software Windows 10 64 bit
God of war.

Attachments

• 15416417_vlcsnap00121_jpegd37b891970951e27748bdb60a6b78ae5.jpeg
    15416417_vlcsnap00121_jpegd37b891970951e27748bdb60a6b78ae5.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 15416454_vlcsnap00138_jpeg3451876bcd172c51c6c89e7b66621ec9.jpeg
    15416454_vlcsnap00138_jpeg3451876bcd172c51c6c89e7b66621ec9.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 15416460_vlcsnap00167_jpeg4ac1a0abfe0c497b54cd721f4c219b01.jpeg
    15416460_vlcsnap00167_jpeg4ac1a0abfe0c497b54cd721f4c219b01.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 15416947_vlcsnap00210_jpega80bc016887c72910d34aa91629e61ee.jpeg
    15416947_vlcsnap00210_jpega80bc016887c72910d34aa91629e61ee.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 15416976_vlcsnap00240_jpeg76272add1cd17a77f6687b32688700d1.jpeg
    15416976_vlcsnap00240_jpeg76272add1cd17a77f6687b32688700d1.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 15416983_vlcsnap00245_jpega53111fe14981faa29878b6d69f26536.jpeg
    15416983_vlcsnap00245_jpega53111fe14981faa29878b6d69f26536.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 15416983_vlcsnap00245_jpega53111fe14981faa29878b6d69f26536.jpeg
    15416983_vlcsnap00245_jpega53111fe14981faa29878b6d69f26536.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 15416460_vlcsnap00167_jpeg4ac1a0abfe0c497b54cd721f4c219b01.jpeg
    15416460_vlcsnap00167_jpeg4ac1a0abfe0c497b54cd721f4c219b01.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 38
System Name Shizuka
Processor Intel Core i5 10400F
Motherboard Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
Cooling Scythe Choten
Memory 2x8GB G.Skill Aegis 2666 MHz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Red Dragon V2 RX 580 8GB ~100 watts in Wattman
Storage 512GB WD Blue + 256GB WD Green + 4TH Toshiba X300
Display(s) BenQ BL2420PT
Case Cooler Master Silencio S400
Audio Device(s) Topping D10 + AIWA NSX-V70
Power Supply Chieftec A90 550W (GDP-550C)
Mouse Steel Series Rival 100
Keyboard Hama SL 570
Software Windows 10 Enterprise
GTA San Andreas Definitive. It really got slammed at release, but the longer I play it, the more I realize how much better than og it is. So many little things got fixed in it.

r9

System Name Primary|Secondary|Poweredge r410|Dell XPS|SteamDeck
Processor i7 11700k|i7 9700k|2 x E5620 |i5 5500U|Zen 2 4c/8t
Memory 32GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|32GB ECC DDR3|8GB DDR4|16GB LPDDR5
Video Card(s) RX 7800xt|RX 6700xt |On-Board|On-Board|8 RDNA 2 CUs
Storage 2TB m.2|512GB SSD+1TB SSD|2x256GBSSD 2x2TBGB|256GB sata|512GB nvme
Display(s) 50" 4k TV | Dell 27" |22" |3.3"|7"
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+ | Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 Pro|Windows 10 Pro|Windows 10 Home| Server 2012 r2|Windows 10 Pro
Ahhh, I see how you roll lol. TBH I have seldom used power armor and in over 2000 hours logged in this game, I gotta concede... it's fully out of spite for them handing it to you right away. I said "Nuh uh, I'm gonna suffer on hard with my shitty pipe guns and sciencey gimp suit."

Honestly I think I just find myself out there too early. I'll generally be makin that trek ~level 11 to get the luck and agility bobbleheads out by spectacle island. Just as soon as I have the Overseer's Guardian and a few perks. I'm not farming legendaries yet. But I actually don't farm them at all, it's modded to spawn more legendary foes sooner. And then every steamer trunk has one as well. Why use tedious exploits in a fully moddable single-player, yanno?

So I'll play with all kinds of legendaries across a playthrough. Often, the placed ones are boring by comparison. My favorite is when the game blesses me with a never ending double barrel. There is a narrow range of lower-mid levels where you can get that to spawn.

All of the guns are buffed on damage, enemies are tough. It's all quick kill/quick death. I've got AWKCR/AE so I can ham-out on my armor rating pretty easily, but I just use it to do what I want with aesthetic. Though even with higher armor than would normally be possible, you can easily be crushed in my game. This was my answer to the creeping bullet sponge thing. I did the power fantasy thing for years, especially with Skyrim... so many ways to manhandle the crap out of everything. But now I kinda like more tension. I can't even survive and really fight while actively taking damage because of the screen blur. Can't charge in with lots of enemies. Gotta be kitted just right and use your weapons well. I blame a few hundred hours of Metro Exodus, with several ranger hardcore runs. I've never been scared to fight anything in Fallout 4, but with it set up this way, I do feel that tension sometimes. Bigger rewards for bigger challenges. Lotsa legendaries to grab and use, but you're gonna need em.
I don´t have any mods on my game, just all the DLCs, and I don´t cheat either, I just take stuff as it comes, I´m level 87, some weapons I leave behind if they are not interesting to me, I´ll do the survivor later, I want to play fallout 3 too, but right now I got no dineros lol, have lots of fun :)

System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 EX Gamer White OC
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) MSi MAG341CQ
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G110
Im glad i've put some investment into gun/armor mod + science :)

Gun Modding is fun and currently this is my fav weapon, can easily immobilize mobs
FO4 rifle.jpg

System Name Warranty Void Mk.IV
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asus X470-I Strix
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC12LS + 2x Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 140mm / Silverstone 120mm Slim
Memory Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600MHz 2x8GB CL16 - Tightened Sub-timings
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra
Storage WD SN550 / MX300 / MX500
Display(s) AOC CU34G2 / LG 29UM69G-B - Auxilary
Case CM NR200P
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC 1220+SupremeFX
Power Supply Silverstone SX650-G 650W
Mouse Logitech G302/G303 SE/G502/G203 / MMO: Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard CM Masterkeys Pro M / Asus Sagaris GK100
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 - LTSB
Have you heard of the award-winning MMORPG, Final Fantasy XIV, that includes a free trial up to Level 60 and it's first expansion "Heavensward"? In which you play as "John Final Fantasy" or the Warrior of Light and mess up some dudes that wear creepy robes...

Yeah, I renewed my sub again after taking my third break since the pandemic, it's been a long road, but I've started an alternate character or two and gone through the main story up to the last expansion 4 times without buying a story skip, just to see how fast I can speedrun it. It is crazy. The game is mechanically unsound in a few areas, especially textures and balance issues in current PVP, other than a few minor annoyances. It is a damn good time and totally worth the play time, not even counting the subscription. Anyway, here's a few err... "gposes" I did to remind myself of the memories I made over the few years I've been playing.

The game literally kept me away from playing anything else in my Steam library. If you spend logging in each day as a ritual, even despite work or school, you've been called out. You're addicted. :D

Attachments

• 2022-05-08_22-12-32-106_Fairy Reality - CU.png
    2022-05-08_22-12-32-106_Fairy Reality - CU.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 48
  • 2022-05-08_22-17-19-360_Fairy Reality - CU.png
    2022-05-08_22-17-19-360_Fairy Reality - CU.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 40
  • ffxiv_27052021_182342_158Enc.png
    ffxiv_27052021_182342_158Enc.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 68
  • ffxiv_29102021_095112_669.png
    ffxiv_29102021_095112_669.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 46
  • 2021-11-20_02-03-28-707_Fairy Iconic - Gameplay.png
    2021-11-20_02-03-28-707_Fairy Iconic - Gameplay.png
    7.4 MB · Views: 48
  • 2021-11-20_05-58-11-595_Fairy Iconic - Gameplay.png
    2021-11-20_05-58-11-595_Fairy Iconic - Gameplay.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 42
  • 2022-01-01_01-15-44-183_Fairy Persephone.png
    2022-01-01_01-15-44-183_Fairy Persephone.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 48
  • 2022-01-01_01-34-55-230_Fairy Reality - CU.png
    2022-01-01_01-34-55-230_Fairy Reality - CU.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 43
  • ffxiv_20102021_085519_537.png
    ffxiv_20102021_085519_537.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 42
  • 2021-11-07_01-34-20-361_Fairy Royality - Cu.png
    2021-11-07_01-34-20-361_Fairy Royality - Cu.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 49
  • ffxiv_04112021_081637_907.png
    ffxiv_04112021_081637_907.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 41
  • ffxiv_27102021_144609_996.png
    ffxiv_27102021_144609_996.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
  • ffxiv_21102021_182204_088.png
    ffxiv_21102021_182204_088.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 39
  • 2022-01-23_00-43-47-248_Fairy Gentle Goth - Gamepaly.png
    2022-01-23_00-43-47-248_Fairy Gentle Goth - Gamepaly.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 40
  • 2022-04-08_09-06-21-071_Fairy Age of Titania.png
    2022-04-08_09-06-21-071_Fairy Age of Titania.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 41
  • 2022-04-21_14-56-50-193_Fairy Persephone - Gameplay.png
    2022-04-21_14-56-50-193_Fairy Persephone - Gameplay.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 42
  • 2022-04-22_07-15-01-732_Fairy Persephone - Gameplay.png
    2022-04-22_07-15-01-732_Fairy Persephone - Gameplay.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 41
  • 2022-04-29_03-38-23-917_Fairy Reality.png
    2022-04-29_03-38-23-917_Fairy Reality.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 39
  • 2022-05-03_10-54-46-264_Fairy Reality - CU.png
    2022-05-03_10-54-46-264_Fairy Reality - CU.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 34
  • 2022-05-03_09-20-20-963_Fairy Mad World - Custom.png
    2022-05-03_09-20-20-963_Fairy Mad World - Custom.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 40
  • 2022-05-03_09-20-30-743_Fairy Mad World - Custom.png
    2022-05-03_09-20-30-743_Fairy Mad World - Custom.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 33
  • 2022-05-03_12-39-10-039_Fairy Reality - CU.png
    2022-05-03_12-39-10-039_Fairy Reality - CU.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 37
Im glad i've put some investment into gun/armor mod + science :)

Gun Modding is fun and currently this is my fav weapon, can easily immobilize mobs
View attachment 247553
I don´t have an especific favorite, but 3 of my favorites, explosive gaus rifle and the penetrating one that ignores 30% of armor and energy strengt, the explosive single barrel shotgun, they hit hard man! :D

Ruru

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling Custom loop
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF OC 10GB
Storage 256+240+128+480+2x1TB SSDs + 3TB HDDs
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 + Asus TUF P1 mousepad
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis
Played some FF VII Remake as I still haven't played it much yet, just played the Sector 5 reactor part. It's a shitty port, I must say. Normally runs with stable 60fps but I had totally random weird slowdowns (and it's installed on a SSD).