• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Water Cooled Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Project Build

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 360 A-RGB // X12 Phanteks D30-120 D-RGB Fans
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series (AMD Expo) DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL30
Video Card(s) ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme AIRO
Storage Samsung Pro 980 2TB NVMe (OS and Games) // WD Black 10TB HDD (Storage)
Display(s) SAMSUNG 34-Inch SJ55W Ultrawide Gaming Monitor (LS34J550WQNXZA) – 75Hz Refresh WQHD Computer Monitor
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1200, 1200W 80+ Gold, ATX 3.0
Software Windows 11 Pro
Hello all,
So decided to abandon my earlier project as that was pretty much already done and I had a new case coming in that had more water cooling potential such as a distro plate, etc. So this is where this project currently sits.

The PC is running with my old setup from the H7 Flow case. However, I'm going to drastically change some things. I have an ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero motherboard arriving hopefully early next week which helps me tremendously because my current CH VI board does not have 3-pin A-RGB headers, so I have to add more cables and stuff by using the Deep Cool RGB converters. So that alone should help me clean up the wiring just a tad.

Now, for the components, I want to get the following and I'm looking for suggestions, so please let me know what you think and/or suggest.

I need:
-Front or side distro plate for the case, can't find any in stock anywhere, only for regular Dynamic case (Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO)
-CPU water block
-Radiator (Looking to mount a 360mm up top)
-Fluid
-Hard Tubing (never bought, so any that you guys recommend?)
-Any tools for doing hard tubing (already have a heat gun)

Parts Enroute:
-ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard

But just to get some pictures going, this is how the build sits now with the AIO, this is how it'll stay until I take it apart again once I have all the custom water cooling parts. I did use some black tape to cover off the side of the motherboard tray for now as I am eventually going to add fans there, but for now, since I'm not using it figured I'd block it off and put some cables behind it. Yes, it's ghetto, but it's only temporary till the build is finished. :)

20220825_194423.jpg

20220825_201706.jpg

20220825_214328.jpg

20220826_183824.jpg

20220826_185823.jpg

Last edited:
System Name Not a thread ripper but pretty good.
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi (revision 1.06, BIOS/UEFI version P5.50)
Cooling EK-Quantum Velocity, EK-Quantum Reflection PC-O11, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX360
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 ECC Unbuffered Memory (4 sticks, 128GB, 18ASF4G72AZ-3G2F1)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 & EK-Quantum Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT & Backplate
Storage Samsung 2TB 980 PRO 2TB Gen4x4 NVMe, 2 x Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus Gen3x4 NVMe, AMD Radeon RAMDisk
Display(s) 2 x 4K LG 27UL600-W (and HUANUO Dual Monitor Mount)
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Black (original model)
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Logitech M575
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2
Software Windows 10 Professional (64bit)
Benchmark Scores Typical for non-overclocked CPU.
Hello all,
So decided to abandon my earlier project as that was pretty much already done and I had a new case coming in that had more water cooling potential such as a distro plate, etc. So this is where this project currently sits.

The PC is running with my old setup from the H7 Flow case. However, I'm going to drastically change some things. I have an ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero motherboard arriving hopefully early next week which helps me tremendously because my current CH VI board does not have 3-pin A-RGB headers, so I have to add more cables and stuff by using the Deep Cool RGB converters. So that alone should help me clean up the wiring just a tad.

Now, for the components, I want to get the following and I'm looking for suggestions, so please let me know what you think and/or suggest.

I need:
-Front or side distro plate for the case, can't find any in stock anywhere, only for regular Dynamic case (Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO)
-CPU water block
-Fluid
-Hard Tubing (never bought, so any that you guys recommend?)
-Any tools for doing hard tubing (already have a heat gun)

But just to get some pictures going, this is how the build sits now with the AIO, this is how it'll stay until I take it apart again once I have all the custom water cooling parts. I did use some black tape to cover off the side of the motherboard tray for now as I am eventually going to add fans there, but for now, since I'm not using it figured I'd block it off and put some cables behind it. Yes, it's ghetto, but it's only temporary till the build is finished. :)

I'm not a water block guru but EK's older water block is still on sale. I'm using it currently and have no complaints.
1661566716355.png

This person in the link below seems to make distroplate for Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO in both single and dual D5 designs. Seems quite interesting. I almost got one for my original 011D but I didn't want to give up my front glass but his designs seem to be a bit better than EK's in terms of placement of ports and pump.

Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series (AMD Expo) DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL30
Display(s) SAMSUNG 34-Inch SJ55W Ultrawide Gaming Monitor (LS34J550WQNXZA) – 75Hz Refresh WQHD Computer Monitor
Case Phanteks NV7
Software Windows 11 Pro
I'm not a water block guru but EK's older water block is still on sale. I'm using it currently and have no complaints.
View attachment 259538

This person in the link below seems to make distroplate for Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO in both single and dual D5 designs. Seems quite interesting. I almost got one for my original 011D but I didn't want to give up my front glass but his designs seem to be a bit better than EK's in terms of placement of ports and pump.
As far as the water block that is a sweet deal. Was looking at some monoblocks for my board. Not sure if monoblocks are worth it or not over a traditional CPU water block. Any input on that?

As far as the reservoir, just a few minutes ago I ordered a Bykski (did I get that right?). Only one I could find in stock and comes with a pump, albeit a DDC one. But the reviews I did find, as long as the pump doesn't run hot don't tend to give issues usually. I've owned plenty of DDC pumps in the past and have had no issues either. But thanks for the link, this is definitely something I'll keep in mind if for some reason I'm not happy with the purchase. EK is out of stock and it costs an arm and a leg anyways :(

Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Cooling EK-Quantum Velocity, EK-Quantum Reflection PC-O11, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX360
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 ECC Unbuffered Memory (4 sticks, 128GB, 18ASF4G72AZ-3G2F1)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 & EK-Quantum Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT & Backplate
Storage Samsung 2TB 980 PRO 2TB Gen4x4 NVMe, 2 x Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus Gen3x4 NVMe, AMD Radeon RAMDisk
Mouse Logitech M575
As far as the water block that is a sweet deal. Was looking at some monoblocks for my board. Not sure if monoblocks are worth it or not over a traditional CPU water block. Any input on that?
If your VRM heat output and heatsinks are good I wouldn't bother with a monoblock unless you really like the aesthetic especially with the RGB. I did it specifically with my ASRock Master SLI/ac for better VRM heat management (plus it was on sale 50% off at the time) but that board had crap VRM's. Since it's a larger mass it soaks up more heat but it was a bit of a pain to get on and off when I needed to do a CPU swap or clean the block. One thing I didn't like was the monoblock didn't have full IHS (you should check for this) coverage on my CPU which I think would have helped a little bit but otherwise it just worked fine. The velocity has full coverage on the IHS and I have no complaints although it's not the breadwinner of water blocks as far as I know but if you get it on sale that's a win against more expensive blocks in my opinion. The shipping cost however might be PITA so I would shop around and don't spend an obscene amount on a block if you don't have to.
As far as the reservoir, just a few minutes ago I ordered a Bykski (did I get that right?). Only one I could find in stock and comes with a pump, albeit a DDC one. But the reviews I did find, as long as the pump doesn't run hot don't tend to give issues usually.
Can you provide a link for what you got?
I've owned plenty of DDC pumps in the past and have had no issues either. But thanks for the link, this is definitely something I'll keep in mind if for some reason I'm not happy with the purchase. EK is out of stock and it costs an arm and a leg anyways :(
Yea If I had to do-over I would have liked to try https://www.radikult-custom.com/ offerings. The EK design is mediocre, more expensive, and I think they could have done a much better job to not loose some configuration options with the original 011D case and their distroplate. I'm not sure if the same applies for the EVO EK distroplate but the EVO also seems to resolve some of the issues with the 011D too.

(sorry for all the edits)

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Mouse Logitech M575
I need:
Depending on the distroplate it might favor a bottom rad (a dual rad hookup top and bottom) so that is something you might consider when planning your tubing routes.
I use EK Cryofuel that seems to work well enough and change it once a year. It supposedly has a 2yr shelf life so I always keep a spare and get a new one when swapping fluid so I always have 1 spare. I've seen some people complain about it. I had 1 bad mix once (some kind of debris) but fixed it by running it through a coffee filter so I just always be sure to double check the fluid now before I refill.

Case Phanteks NV7
Software Windows 11 Pro
If your VRM heat output and heatsinks are good I wouldn't bother with a monoblock unless you really like the aesthetic especially with the RGB. I did it specifically with my ASRock Master SLI/ac for better VRM heat management (plus it was on sale 50% off at the time) but that board had crap VRM's. Since it's a larger mass it soaks up more heat but it was a bit of a pain to get on and off when I needed to do a CPU swap or clean the block. One thing I didn't like was the monoblock didn't have full IHS (you should check for this) coverage on my CPU which I think would have helped a little bit but otherwise it just worked fine. The velocity has full coverage on the IHS and I have no complaints although it's not the breadwinner of water blocks as far as I know but if you get it on sale that's a win against more expensive blocks in my opinion. The shipping cost however might be PITA so I would shop around and don't spend an obscene amount on a block if you don't have to.
My current board doesn't need the extra cooling, the new board I have en route shouldn't either as it's pretty much an improved version of my board and a newer chipset. So I think I'll be fine there. I'll definitely look now into that block that's on sale and see if I find it at the same price where the shipping won't kill me. Monoblock was just something I saw and caught my eye but didn't think I'd need it to be honest and I have plenty RGB already, don't want more hehehe.
Can you provide a link for what you got?
Well, I had bought this but for some reason got canceled cause they couldn't charge my card? I checked my bank and everything was fine, so I took the opportunity and purchased one from the link you sent me from Radikult :). He's close to me so shipping was not expensive and should be relatively quick. Worked out.

This is the original one I had bought:
Yea If I had to do-over I would have liked to try https://www.radikult-custom.com/ offerings. The EK design is mediocre, more expensive, and I think they could have done a much better job to not loose some configuration options with the original 011D case and their distroplate. I'm not sure if the same applies for the EVO EK distroplate but the EVO also seems to resolve some of the issues with the 011D too.
I did see a video from Radikult and it's impressive what he's done. I'm excited to receive mine, hopefully later next week. I'll update here so you can check it out as well :)

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
You don't need or really want a monoblock, especially an EK one given how it's designed. Performance suffers vs individual block, and the vrms on x570 don't get that hot, and you don't have an msi board so all good.

Case Phanteks NV7
Software Windows 11 Pro
You don't need or really want a monoblock, especially an EK one given how it's designed. Performance suffers vs individual block, and the vrms on x570 don't get that hot, and you don't have an msi board so all good.
Figured as much, like I said it just caught my eye. But thank you both for the feedback :)

System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple proprietary M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple proprietary M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary onboard 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
Software macOS Sonoma 14.5 (with latest patches)
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12 Pro. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
I recently took up custom cooling, so my experience is limited to 2-3 builds however I'll offer a few comments. I have two current PCs with custom cooling and the primary one is listed in my System Specs, a Lian Li O11D Mini.

First, I don't have any experience with distribution plates or hard tubing.

I've only used CPU waterblocks from Alphacool and they work fine.

Basically any 360mm radiator will cool a Zen 3 CPU.

Originally, I was cooling my 5900X with an XSPC TX360 (ultraslim, 20.5 mm thick) radiator, plenty of cooling capacity. I reconfigured the components a bit; by vertically mounting my graphics card, I had to lose the top radiator. A rather ordinary side-mounted PrimoChill 240mm EximoSM Ultra radiator (40mm thick) -- repurposed from a previous build -- is still plenty for the Ryzen 9 despite losing 120mm of radiator length and a fan.

In fact, I successfully cooled a 5600X with a PrimoChill 120mm radiator in my decommissioned build.

The Alphacool NexXos ST30 radiator (360mm long, 30mm thick) works fine for cooling my 3080Ti.

The only fluid I've used is distilled water with a few drops of biocide.

Case Phanteks NV7
Software Windows 11 Pro
I recently took up custom cooling, so my experience is limited to 2-3 builds however I'll offer a few comments. I have two current PCs with custom cooling and the primary one is listed in my System Specs, a Lian Li O11D Mini.

First, I don't have any experience with distribution plates or hard tubing.

I've only used CPU waterblocks from Alphacool and they work fine.

Basically any 360mm radiator will cool a Zen 3 CPU.

Originally, I was cooling my 5900X with an XSPC TX360 (ultraslim, 20.5 mm thick) radiator, plenty of cooling capacity. I reconfigured the components a bit; by vertically mounting my graphics card, I had to lose the top radiator. A rather ordinary side-mounted PrimoChill 240mm EximoSM Ultra radiator (40mm thick) -- repurposed from a previous build -- is still plenty for the Ryzen 9 despite losing 120mm of radiator length and a fan.

In fact, I successfully cooled a 5600X with a PrimoChill 120mm radiator in my decommissioned build.

The Alphacool NexXos ST30 radiator (360mm long, 30mm thick) works fine for cooling my 3080Ti.

The only fluid I've used is distilled water with a few drops of biocide.
Thank you for the feedback. Not worried about cooling performance much as I know mostly anything will cool it properly. But I do want it to be future proof if later I add in the GPU to the mix. So in that case I rather a 360mm rad or something along those lines.

For the block was just asking cause I haven't done a custom loop in a while and I know a shit block can make a break a loop as it has happened to me before with an old TT loop I had.

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
Once I see someone going for a distro plate all I can say is try not to use to many 90 degree fittings
The more you use the more noisy you pump will be.
So don't get lazy and use 90's bend your tubing instead your pump will love you for it and allow you to run it full blast and never hear a peep out of it :cool:

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Keyboard G710+x3
Hard pipe I don't bother with seeing it makes simple tasks more difficult
Example just changing thermal paste it a major pain.

So I would suggest adding some quick disconnects between water blocks.

Keyboard G710+x3
Mono block if you do use one make sure to prep the back of the case so you can get to all the mounting screws without total disassembly.

dgianstefani

TPU Proofreader
Staff member
System Name Silent
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D @ 5.15ghz BCLK OC, TG AM5 High Performance Heatspreader
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I, chipset fans removed
Cooling Optimus Block, HWLABS Copper 240/40 + 240/30, D5/Res, 4x Noctua A12x25, 2x A4x10, Mayhems Ultra Pure
Memory 32 GB Dominator Platinum 6150 MT 26-36-36-48, 56.6ns AIDA, 2050 FCLK, 160 ns tRFC, active cooled
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition, Conductonaut Extreme, 18 W/mK MinusPad Extreme, Corsair XG7 Waterblock
Storage Intel Optane DC P1600X 118 GB, Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB
Display(s) 32" 240 Hz 1440p Samsung G7, 31.5" 165 Hz 1440p LG NanoIPS Ultragear, MX900 dual gas VESA mount
Case Sliger SM570 CNC Aluminium 13-Litre, 3D printed feet, custom front panel pump/res combo
Audio Device(s) Audeze Maxwell Ultraviolet, Razer Nommo Pro
Power Supply SF750 Plat, full transparent custom cables, Sentinel Pro 1500 Online Double Conversion UPS w/Noctua
Mouse Razer Viper Pro V2 8 KHz Mercury White w/Tiger Ice Skates & Pulsar Supergrip tape
Keyboard Wooting 60HE+ module, TOFU Redux Burgundy w/brass weight, Prismcaps White, Jellykey, lubed/modded
Software Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 19044.4046
Benchmark Scores Legendary
Depending on the distroplate it might favor a bottom rad (a dual rad hookup top and bottom) so that is something you might consider when planning your tubing routes.

I use EK Cryofuel that seems to work well enough and change it once a year. It supposedly has a 2yr shelf life so I always keep a spare and get a new one when swapping fluid so I always have 1 spare. I've seen some people complain about it. I had 1 bad mix once (some kind of debris) but fixed it by running it through a coffee filter so I just always be sure to double check the fluid now before I refill.
Try mayhems XTR, never needs changing, maybe run it through a paper coffee filter after the first year to remove any gunk from the rest of the loop. Two years now and still good as new for me.

Case Phanteks NV7
Software Windows 11 Pro
Hard pipe I don't bother with seeing it makes simple tasks more difficult
Example just changing thermal paste it a major pain.

So I would suggest adding some quick disconnects between water blocks.
What pipe/tubing do you suggest running?

Case Phanteks NV7
Software Windows 11 Pro
Mono block if you do use one make sure to prep the back of the case so you can get to all the mounting screws without total disassembly.
Probably won't be but thanks for the heads up. Thank you for all the info by the way.

Case Phanteks NV7
Software Windows 11 Pro
Try mayhems XTR, never needs changing, maybe run it through a paper coffee filter after the first year to remove any gunk from the rest of the loop. Two years now and still good as new for me.
Thank you for the suggestion, will look into it when the time comes :rockout:

I'm using the XL case version with 2x 360mm rads in top/bottom, with CPU and GPU cooled, I'm using EK black tubing.

Case Phanteks NV7
Software Windows 11 Pro
I'm using the XL case version with 2x 360mm rads in top/bottom, with CPU and GPU cooled, I'm using EK black tubing.
Can you post pics of the setup? Would like to check it out.

Keyboard G710+x3
Case Phanteks NV7
Software Windows 11 Pro
Case Phanteks NV7
Software Windows 11 Pro
Keyboard G710+x3

dgianstefani

TPU Proofreader
Staff member
System Name Silent
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D @ 5.15ghz BCLK OC, TG AM5 High Performance Heatspreader
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I, chipset fans removed
Cooling Optimus Block, HWLABS Copper 240/40 + 240/30, D5/Res, 4x Noctua A12x25, 2x A4x10, Mayhems Ultra Pure
Memory 32 GB Dominator Platinum 6150 MT 26-36-36-48, 56.6ns AIDA, 2050 FCLK, 160 ns tRFC, active cooled
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition, Conductonaut Extreme, 18 W/mK MinusPad Extreme, Corsair XG7 Waterblock
Storage Intel Optane DC P1600X 118 GB, Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB
Display(s) 32" 240 Hz 1440p Samsung G7, 31.5" 165 Hz 1440p LG NanoIPS Ultragear, MX900 dual gas VESA mount
Case Sliger SM570 CNC Aluminium 13-Litre, 3D printed feet, custom front panel pump/res combo
Audio Device(s) Audeze Maxwell Ultraviolet, Razer Nommo Pro
Power Supply SF750 Plat, full transparent custom cables, Sentinel Pro 1500 Online Double Conversion UPS w/Noctua
Mouse Razer Viper Pro V2 8 KHz Mercury White w/Tiger Ice Skates & Pulsar Supergrip tape
Keyboard Wooting 60HE+ module, TOFU Redux Burgundy w/brass weight, Prismcaps White, Jellykey, lubed/modded
Software Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 19044.4046
Benchmark Scores Legendary
Hi,
Best water blocks are local as well
Optimus Advanced Water Cooling
Oooo they're spicy all right, I have one

However in testing TechN Germany was apparently ever so slightly better performance wise. I suspect they might not be as nice aesthetically or pure build quality though.

Went with Optimus when I built my current system as Brexit was making imports from Germany into UK very difficult.