• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS DCH Driver for Realtek HDA [DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive]

You sort of helped, but not how you did it, I understand though. With DTS I tell it to force accept any license file, still need a valid file though (DLL edit).

With optical (SPDIF), I changed a variable in the preset to a constant, this enables the license without form factor for multichannel.

Last edited:
You sort of helped, but not how you did it, I understand though. With DTS I tell it to force accept any license file, still need a valid file though (DLL edit).
That is what I wont to add as an Example
more...
Since I managed to trick the encoder, I think that the Dolby Atmos Home Theater is also functional, but I have nowhere to test it.

You will need to learn IDA Pro or x64dbg, I use IDA Pro. I change one piece of code from like r13 to r14, that's it.

Not giving you full info, you can find it if you look.

:)

IDA is powerfull tool...

@Ferather

Try to look in DolbyAccessOEM, older one have dll which one is matched for DA

I think it could be done DolbyAtoms HT through HDMI, I do not have time right now to look for digital config. and I just placed analog config and there show up DA for headphones. Conclusion: you should look at the config. files for HDMI and will work!

Attachments

• Screenshot (11).png
    Screenshot (11).png
    352 KB · Views: 86
I read page 45 and 46 (this one and previous).
Good shit going strong.
I am using DTS Sound Unbound with DTS X HT now. Nice that it's Free. Can any one of you Sp00f1337h4xXx0r it for SPDiF and/or Windlulz 10? Asking for a hungary-ian friend.

And I pray to the great Gaudiod that you archive everything with store.rg-adguard.net - it will be needed. They rely on numbers too much in their version #.

And to all the Atmos nerds, if you run Realtek HDA with APO1 or 2 (dno which one) you can get the old rusty "Dolby Atmos" tab, in the speaker configuration. It's just a tab and an option - "Enable Dolby Atmos".

Can we make a special private group for sharing regkeys and which Realtek/MS versions to apply them on? We all want perfect audio, and not many APOs / or stacking them - will ever deliver that HiFi.

I have successfully restored "analog recordings" - and am gonna try my method on Dark Side of The Moon 1973 (1.91GB - .wv format ((.wav go to hell)).

Coming right up.

Screenshot (48).png

I'm honestly impressed with how realistic sound DA has in Shadow of Tomb Raider (spatial mode), while DTS-X for headphones has fantastic sound in The Division 2 (spatial sound).
Before :
Above in the picture, the left hand is DAOEM, which I mentioned has the corresponding dll for the DA license, in the picture, the right hand is, as you can see, an application that can run DA. you can see the versions in the pictures.

I read page 45 and 46 (this one and previous).
Good shit going strong.
I am using DTS Sound Unbound with DTS X HT now. Nice that it's Free. Can any one of you Sp00f1337h4xXx0r it for SPDiF and/or Windlulz 10? Asking for a hungary-ian friend.

And I pray to the great Gaudiod that you archive everything with store.rg-adguard.net - it will be needed. They rely on numbers too much in their version #.

And to all the Atmos nerds, if you run Realtek HDA with APO1 or 2 (dno which one) you can get the old rusty "Dolby Atmos" tab, in the speaker configuration. It's just a tab and an option - "Enable Dolby Atmos".

Can we make a special private group for sharing regkeys and which Realtek/MS versions to apply them on? We all want perfect audio, and not many APOs / or stacking them - will ever deliver that HiFi.

I have successfully restored "analog recordings" - and am gonna try my method on Dark Side of The Moon 1973 (1.91GB - .wv format ((.wav go to hell)).

Coming right up.
As for sound quality, I personally prefer uncompressed format... as an example in the picture:

Attachments

• Screenshot (45).png
    Screenshot (45).png
    324 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot (52).png
    Screenshot (52).png
    763.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot (53).png
    Screenshot (53).png
    110.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B85M-D3H
Memory 8,00 Go (7,89 Go utilisable
Video Card(s) GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GPU 0 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Keyboard Old Dell keyboard
It does not matter what the application says, it is important that the encoder does not allow the application of the patch for locking. So I told the encoder to look elsewhere for the license..there's a trick. Hope I helped!?
Could you expalin me step by step ? I'm a newby in all of this and I would like to earn some knowlegde ^^

Last edited:
Hey @purplenoice - nice to see ya!
I've played around with a lot of DTS hardware (encoders and decoders) - as well as software. @Ferather is the main coding guy, but I like combining pre-made stuffs. Also finding out bugs which work in my favour. Hehe. I wish for 192kHz DTS. Maybe I did get it working one time.. 96kHz standard as an output format (the ones that show up as formats are all 48kHz - except DTS X HT as 192kHz. Do be aware of that 44.1kHz CD stuff played back in 48kHz mellows the shit out of your soul. Vice versa too I guess. Try routing a chain with "pure" 44.1kHz - and record it (MME - Audacity) and playback as 44.1kHz (Edit option - enable Transport, disable overdub).

Is there a gap? :)

#BillGatesGo2Hell

Does your DTS X HT really work on SPDiF?
I want to ReMaster stuff (HiFi'ing the shit out of everything) with a laptop, on the go, of course.. But if you'd teach me that haxx, I might be able to :)

@ll love,
Sweden

Attachments

• Screenshot (52).png
    Screenshot (52).png
    763.2 KB · Views: 54
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Hey @purplenoice - nice to see ya!
I've played around with a lot of DTS hardware (encoders and decoders) - as well as software. @Ferather is the main coding guy, but I like combining pre-made stuffs. Also finding out bugs which work in my favour. Hehe. I wish for 192kHz DTS. Maybe I did get it working one time.. 96kHz standard as an output format (the ones that show up as formats are all 48kHz - except DTS X HT as 192kHz. Do be aware of that 44.1kHz CD stuff played back in 48kHz mellows the shit out of your soul. Vice versa too I guess. Try routing a chain with "pure" 44.1kHz - and record it (MME - Audacity) and playback as 44.1kHz (Edit option - enable Transport, disable overdub).

Is there a gap? :)

#BillGatesGo2Hell

Does your DTS X HT really work on SPDiF?
I want to ReMaster stuff (HiFi'ing the shit out of everything) with a laptop, on the go, of course.. But if you'd teach me that haxx, I might be able to :)

@ll love,
Sweden
@emanresu How did you activated DTS X HT ? I have my computer hooked to my Samsung Q60T TV via HDMI and the DTS X HT option is grayed out

@emanresu How did you activated DTS X HT ? I have my computer hooked to my Samsung Q60T TV via HDMI and the DTS X HT option is grayed out
Check cable? Must deliver 192.16.8ch
If 'new' / compatible, then I don't know..
Should work. My LG anno 2019 and Onkyo, no problem.

To all of ya: *UPDATED*

Cover your ears (maybe). No plugins used.

1.91GB .wv 1st press 192.24 source.

I'm just trying no "degradation".

This is the result. HAD TO FiX 1 thäng.

SoundCloud has a normalizer..
Download available. N'2'da'joy

https://soundcloud.com/rmstr%2Fpink-floyd-the-dark-side-of-the-moon-1973-lp-19224-rmstr-2022-muscx-beta-19232fpwav
Do give feedback.
Source descripsh in info, haven't heard the original. But my shit is mind-blowing.
/love

Last edited:
Could you expalin me step by step ? I'm a newby in all of this and I would like to earn some knowlegde ^^
Bro, I made this driver as a proof that it can be unlocked, otherwise I do coding for my personal needs, I can say more for fun. I have put pictures above where you can see each fingerprint for each version. DolbyAtmos for gaming does not need to be installed, the official application is unlocked by DolbyAccessOEM.

Nice to see you have Dolby spatial stereo modes on SPDIF (your PM), I am already able to do multichannel Dolby HT over SPDIF via format support.

1662230079895.png After - Atmos.png

@emanresu, DTS X HT is fixed to formfactor HDMI, else you could if the receiver supported it on SPDIF, or bypassed the lock.
Since DTS X HT is build directly into Sound Unbound, modification might not be possible.

Win11 Test.png 1662230487254.png

Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Bro, I made this driver as a proof that it can be unlocked, otherwise I do coding for my personal needs, I can say more for fun. I have put pictures above where you can see each fingerprint for each version. DolbyAtmos for gaming does not need to be installed, the official application is unlocked by DolbyAccessOEM.
Could you at least shae the driver ?

Rule number 2 of NerdClub.
Never dork about the geekery.
If you look at @purplenoice he has DTS X HT on Optical. What is it gonna say? No? Hehe

And nice work Ferry, if I get a laptop with optical I'd come visit you and we can get us to Albert Royal Hall, no problem. Check this.
(It's UPDATED; had to not push all buttons..)

Imagine us both working on CETA version..?
Infinite clout in the cosmic echoes

https://soundcloud.com/rmstr%2Fpink-floyd-the-dark-side-of-the-moon-1973-lp-19224-rmstr-2022-muscx-beta-19232fpwav
and enjoy! :)

PM if you have any ideas on improvement (anyone of you). I can't do more from my end.

Or like 1 or 2 things maybe.

And download it, if you want sans SoundCloud's normalizer.

Tomorrow I'll do CETA, so DELTA will be about teamwork (even more so). Couldn't have done it without your help, F.

It will show if you add the format to SPDIF, but it should spit it out due to form factor restriction, on Win11, if I add DTS-HD to SPDIF, DTS:X HT shows in format select, but does not enable.

DTS restriction, in effect.

====

Most manufacturers don't properly support SPDIF, they are always retro with it, 2 channel rubbish. Some manufactures do support a later standard.

The ES9028C2M supports up to 15 channels using a newer SPDIF consumer standard.

SPDIF.png

Last edited:
It will show if you add the format to SPDIF, but it should spit it out due to form factor restriction, on Win11, if I add DTS-HD to SPDIF, DTS:X HT shows in format select, but does not enable.

DTS restriction, in effect.
True..You can add any format you want but they dont work without encoder

Human hearing cannot hear a frequency higher than 48Khz. These are supersonic frequencies that can often be found on studio masters. You can do a test, remove everything below 48Khz and leave the Frequency over and start playback... you won't hear anything! But when the frequency is complete, it sounds completely realistic and natural, of course in an uncompressed format, especially analog sounds incredible. I prefer SACD studio masters that go up to a frequency of 768Khz, of course it's not the full frequency, there's still room for samples, but it's an amazing natural sound. ;)

That's good stereo, I guess, but to get 6 x 768 you will need a device that can do 4,608 total samples, not something HDA can do with ~37mbps bitrate limit.
You could build SPDIF to go up to 125mbps (TOSLink max), but you will still need to get around HDA, which both HDMI and SPDIF are using.

P-HDA.png

That's good stereo, I guess, but to get 6 x 768 you will need a device that can do 4,608 total samples, not something HDA can do with ~37mbps bitrate limit.
You could build SPDIF to go up to 125mbps (TOSLink max), but you will still need to get around HDA, which both HDMI and SPDIF are using.

View attachment 260555
Grab your headphone I recomend something like foobar without any enhancer and listen/enjoy Studio Mastr by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Hoffman_(audio_engineer)

Link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vxYUS5I6maLQyIfaZCVIseiwGdER04kZ/view?usp=sharing

Noted.

----

If I use my HDMI to TOSLink converter (HDMI 2.0b), I can select and use DTS:X HT, because the computer and software are running on HDMI, and HDMI EDID.
However my Logitech Z906 can not decode, so all I get is noise, the same as when I bitstream DTS:X via Potplayer + Realtek TOSLink.

I can also output up to 8 channels via the converter TOSLink, but again only 2 channels or 2 channels + noise received.

If I had an optical receiver that can do 8 channel PCM and DTS:X, all would work as normal.

Last edited:
Noted.

----

If I use my HDMI to TOSLink converter (HDMI 2.0b), I can select and use DTS:X HT, because the computer and software are running on HDMI, and HDMI EDID.
However my Logitech Z906 can not decode, so all I get is noise, the same as when I bitstream DTS:X via Potplayer + Realtek TOSLink.

I can also output up to 8 channels via the converter TOSLink, but again only 2 channels or 2 channels + noise received.

If I had an optical receiver that can do 8 channel PCM and DTS:X, all would work as normal.
"However my Logitech Z906 can not decode, so all I get is noise, the same as when I bitstream DTS:X via Potplayer + Realtek TOSLink."
Did you look in bitstream info how many channels he pass trough?

Edit:

...if the info is an error or the format is unknown, try to set the bitstream to be pulled into PCM if DTS-X cannot pass and look at what is written in the bitstream info, with how many channels PCM passed, so if it says 8 channels of PCM, you know what this means.

Last edited:
@purplenoice - 48kHz is 2ch x 24kHz.
We almost dolphin in hearing,
but I ain't no bat.
I've made millions in Sample Rate (stupid 4.4Gb 32fp limit.. - 64bit, when?).
(One plugin me and @Jimmy9303 got to a few billions - couldn't even display all the numbers lol).
Then also one time a live ASIO in working rate 8 million.
Also I unlocked full spectrum DTS/Dolby (mixture?). One time. This is something I am going to pursue. The whole goodiebag I shall snatch. Love Creative.

Oh I also made CETA (source Spotify - VHQ, no limiter). This is the best ReMaster of already Mastered tracks there ever was?
Am I missing something?
Of course in CD 44.1 16 .wav for your rhythmic earies.

https://soundcloud.com/rmstr%2Fhazard-radio-mix-1h-rmstr-2022-muscx-ceta-4416wav-dl
I will dedicate a whole PC partition to this, disable EVERYTHING unnecessary.

Stupid DPC latency shared between information / audio / video.

Also, disable Windows Media Player in Add/Remove Programs (it will improve audio, source: Thai)

Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Could someone find Dolby Access 3.10.26.0 for me ? I have been looking for around two hours without finding it. Even with AdGuard I can only find version 3.14.10.0

I searched on Google, Brave, Bing...

Thanks !

When was it released around? And why?
Can check stash, haven't cared much about Dolby Access. It is super important that we archive each and every version and pile that shit together. I can provide unlimited storage with direct DL. Interesters?