• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar b650m wifi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 30CL6000
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Lian Li A3 mATX White
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W11 IoT Enterprise LTSC
OK. Mordheim is awesome. Level 7 warband now, got my Impressive slot and an Ogre, made myself a Lad's Got Talent Marksman who now shoots 4x per turn... (and is missing an eye now, major accuracy penalty, great!.... ) :D The customization and immersion factor is high. I'm definitely going to check the other factions too... Much wow, this is really a hidden gem. If you like turn based strategy a'la Darkest Dungeon this is heaven. Backed up by the Warhammer lore, is already many bonus points, but Mordheim is next level grimdark even in that universe. Can almost taste the Wyrdstone!

At some point tonight, I hope to play FO4 again lol. The last time I wanted to play it, I borked my mod setup playing with full foliage overhauls... screwed the LODs up completely. I see the leaves on trees only until I begin to get close, when the bulk of the leaves disappear. This was a bit before I broke my hand... just didn't have a ton of motivation to tinker with anything.

It's a compound issue... I have problems generating new LODs. I'm running an older version of the game because I don't really want/need to update the mods that will need to update along with the new script engine memory addresses. Lets get another thing straight... the game runs on my C drive... my system nvme, because it is one of the few games that can really benefit from it. Loading times off of an nvme are significantly faster with uncapped frame rates. I had an additional install for mod testing purposes, as well. On my sata SSD is a clean, Steam-managed install. There are better ways to manage it all. I'm considering jumping to MO2. I need to settle in on my base texture pack. I have like, a full gross of dozens of texture mods, all unpacked from their compressed files so I can mix and match, have individual textures overwrite. The idea is that when I have a sufficient base locked in, I can pack all of that into a mega kit... pack it into BA2s resembling the original game ones, with one archive for each DLC and such. Just keep that to simplify other aspects of modding, and preserve it across installs. That's the biggest bitch of modding games extensively. Long-term file management. Even with the tools available, it's a stressful administrative nightmare to change/move certain parts.

Anyway, problem I'm having is, the LOD generating software only deals with that Steam game folder that holds my blnk dummy install. So it won't build LODs off of the meshes, materials, and textures from my foliage, landscape, and building mods. I'm kinda stuck... no tree mods work right. I'm missing a major component of the look and it is jarring how there are backdrops totally vieled in forests and then as you get close, rows forest pop into tall twigs with tiny handfuls of sparse leafy branches. I wanna run all of the fancy stuff with atmospheric weather, full ENB/ReShade with fake-RT in the form of rough path-traced global illumination. It was running killer with a 3060ti to carry it. Post-processing is one place where GPU grunt still matters, outside of maybe having the memory for hi-res textures. The new lighting stuff you can inject into the raster pipeline is sick, but GPU-heavy. A modern GPU has a much easier time. I can still get ~80FPS with brute-forced global illumination. Probably much better if my textures were properly sized and compressed in archives.

What I am doing right now, is copying a copy of my actual modded game folder back to the C drive. To convince Steam to manage that folder, I had to delete my install from it. Steam then installed the latest version onto the C drive. So now, I am waiting for the old game folder with the old version that's compatible with my mods, as well as my injection based mods/shaders and some other random stuff, to overwrite the new install. Steam has been told not to update unless I launch the game from steam or the game launcher. I'll be using F4SE's launcher. Once that's done, I'll re-deploy the 400+ mods I have set up into that shadow-swapped C drive install and finally generate my LODs using the correct source assets.

Everything about this stuff is so clunky, I swear. I'm using xLODGen, which like xEdit (script data table editor,) deals with many different Bethesda games. The way you choose the game is to actually include the right prefix in the filename. So to do FO4, you literally change "xLODGenx64.exe" to "FO4LODGen.exe" and then it will auto-scan for the Fallout 4 game folder, compile all of the relevant ini files and everything. There are actual command prefixes you can start it with to change where it dumps the generated files and such, but I can't figure out if there's a command to force a different game directory. Hence the ghetto teeter-totter move. At least I don't have to use the CK... the clunk really only begins with the fact that it momentarily locks up between doing almost anything and doing almost everything.

EDIT: And with lots of back and forth messing with different setting in the LODGen, gutting archives, messing with plugins... it is finally TIME for PINE.
View attachment 264043

A strange fog seems to have suddenly rolled in...
View attachment 264044View attachment 264045View attachment 264046
Wow man, your using 400+ mods for FO4??? just... WOW! :eek:
Out of interest, how much system ram does that chew up?

System Name Work Computer | Unfinished Computer
Processor Core i7-6700 | Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Dell Q170 | Gigabyte Aorus Elite Wi-Fi
Cooling A fan? | Truly Custom Loop
Memory 4x4GB Crucial 2133 C17 | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600 C26
Video Card(s) Dell Radeon R7 450 | RTX 2080 Ti FE
Storage Crucial BX500 2TB | TBD
Display(s) 3x LG QHD 32" GSM5B96 | TBD
Case Dell | Heavily Modified Phanteks P400
Power Supply Dell TFX Non-standard | EVGA BQ 650W
Mouse Monster No-Name $7 Gaming Mouse| TBD
Terminator Series 800 Model 101. It's in the movies.
Hm. Always just remembered the T-800 part.

Don't remember much from any past T2 though, as I didn't care much for them.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
Wow man, your using 400+ mods for FO4??? just... WOW! :eek:
Out of interest, how much system ram does that chew up?
Tbh, I dont actually know. :oops:I can only say that the game allocates every last bit of my measely 16gb. I probably need more.

Tbh, I dont actually know. :oops:I can only say that the game allocates every last bit of my measely 16gb. I probably need more.
Might be time to get yourself 24GB or 32GB mate. EDIT: I presume you have 2x8GB and have 4 slots on your board. if you add in 2x4GB you get 24GB total and if you add in 2x8GB you get the 32GB. Just in case you wondered where that math was at.

Last edited:
System Name Office
Processor Ryzen 5600G
Motherboard ASUS B450M-A II
Cooling be quiet! Shadow Rock LP
Memory 16GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX 5600 XT
Storage PNY CS1030 250GB, Crucial MX500 2TB
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Fractal Define 7 Compact
Power Supply EVGA 550 G3
Mouse Logitech M705 Marthon
Keyboard Logitech G410
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H2
Squenix is lucky one of my gaming friends is really into FFXIV, or I never would have gotten to the point where I'm actually starting to like the game. I initially bounced off that game hard, but it's actually becoming enjoyable. Stockholm syndrome, maybe? :confused:

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Squenix is lucky one of my gaming friends is really into FFXIV, or I never would have gotten to the point where I'm actually starting to like the game. I initially bounced off that game hard, but it's actually becoming enjoyable. Stockholm syndrome, maybe? :confused:

It's my favorite game of all time. Been playing it since before it was even called a Realm Reborn, and before that I played FFXI mmo on the Playstation 2, which is largely similar to the FFXIV mmo in a lot of ways.

The story is mind blowing in Endwalker especially. So well done.

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
Might give the zombies on Dead island a rest from my machete for a while and gave Shadow Of Mordor a go for the first time considering I got it free, installed it and forgot about it.
It's pretty good and the first LOTTR game I've ever played which has the added attraction of killing Orcs which is always good :) although some of them really take some hammering to bring down.
Middle-earth™ Shadow of Mordor™_2022.10.03-13.06.jpg

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Might give the zombies on Dead island a rest from my machete for a while and gave Shadow Of Mordor a go for the first time considering I got it free, installed it and forgot about it.
It's pretty good and the first LOTTR game I've ever played which has the added attraction of killing Orcs which is always good :) although some of them really take some hammering to bring down.
View attachment 264094

the combat gets really fun in the end, when you are chaning combo attacks on 50+ orcs

I initially bounced off that game hard, but it's actually becoming enjoyable. Stockholm syndrome, maybe? :confused:
Happens to me a lot, which is why I only play 1-2 games at once. Also why I don't like really short games or trials.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Happens to me a lot, which is why I only play 1-2 games at once. Also why I don't like really short games or trials.

I found that keeping a journal helps me stayed focused on one game at a time. I write down the date/personal rating/name of game/book/movie that I just watched, and I keep a journal going, I don't know why, but it helps me stay on track, I used to have ADHD metaphorically when it came to finishing anything, but the journal thing for some reason acted like a rewards based system, like it felt really nice finishing something, so I wrote it down, and then I did it again, and it helps me stay on track.

I found that keeping a journal helps me stayed focused on one game at a time. I write down the date/personal rating/name of game/book/movie that I just watched, and I keep a journal going, I don't know why, but it helps me stay on track, I used to have ADHD metaphorically when it came to finishing anything, but the journal thing for some reason acted like a rewards based system, like it felt really nice finishing something, so I wrote it down, and then I did it again, and it helps me stay on track.
Sounds like we may have the opposite issue ;). I like getting in a groove (hyperfocus) and completing a game before starting a new one. My ADHD just forces me to game instead of being profitable, for the dopamine rush.

An example: I started Bioshock Remastered (never played the original) and the controls sucked, a lot. I played for a long time to get into the groove, but never could. Other games can take me 1-2 hours of play to start enjoying, once they feel natural.

System Name 192.168.1.1~192.168.1.100
Processor AMD Ryzen5 5600G.
Motherboard Gigabyte B550m DS3H.
Cooling AMD Wraith Stealth.
Memory 16GB Crucial DDR4.
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080 OC (Underclocked, underpowered).
Storage Samsung 980 NVME 500GB && Assortment of SSDs.
Display(s) ViewSonic VA2406-MH 75Hz
Case Bitfenix Nova Midi
Audio Device(s) On-Board.
Power Supply SeaSonic CORE GM-650.
Mouse Logitech G300s
Keyboard Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS.
VR HMD A pair of OP spectacles.
Software Ubuntu 24.04 LTS.
Benchmark Scores Me no know English. What bench mean? Bench like one sit on?
Re-re-re-[ad infinitum]-playing Skyrim, although this would be the first time I'm committing to destruction magic and magic in general, at least till I got back to my old habit of sneaking with a soul trap-enchanted bow and cornering the market on enchanted gems. Have to admit, dual casting + impact perk is op! Stun-locking those overgrown lizards is really satisfying (Except that one time when I ran out of magica and potions within biting distance...). And it turns out you can make those buggers crash land!

489830_20220930093225_1.png

Played twenty-something hours on Survival mode, but I turned it off because I'm a compulsive hoarder. Even after 100-ing the already legendary'ed smithing skill, I still can't leave any solid dwemer metal without adding it to [Lydia's] pile. At this point, I've probably stashed enough crafting material to furnish both imperials and stormcloaks twice over! :|
Those IKEA drawers sure are roomy...

On a side note: I'm actually seeing less bugs and crashes running this thing on Proton than I did natively on Windows.

System Name Scan 3XS System
Processor Intel Core i7 11700K
Motherboard ASUS TUF GAMING Z590-PLUS WIFI
Cooling Corsair Hydro H150i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO
Video Card(s) 10GB EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA GAMING
Storage 1TB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus, 2TB Seagate HDD, 240GB Kingston SSD
Display(s) Samsung C32JG5x Curved, 1080p, 1920 x 1080
Case Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB
Audio Device(s) USB Speakers 2.1
Power Supply Corsair RM750x 80PLUS GOLD
Mouse Razer Mouse
Keyboard ROCCAT Horde
Software Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit 23H2

You might like this mod (Dimmer v0.3) drop the exe into C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp and it'll boot with windows and you can adjust the brightness/temperature to your liking. I keep temperature at default and drop brightness to 80% I found it worked well to better calibrate my IPS display. It's not really a mod, but it is a nice tool to better calibrate your display that I'd absolutely recommend trying out to see if you can better calibrate your panel with it. I feel it helped a great deal on mine personally much richer more accurate darker details.

System Name 192.168.1.1~192.168.1.100
Processor AMD Ryzen5 5600G.
Motherboard Gigabyte B550m DS3H.
Cooling AMD Wraith Stealth.
Memory 16GB Crucial DDR4.
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080 OC (Underclocked, underpowered).
Storage Samsung 980 NVME 500GB && Assortment of SSDs.
Display(s) ViewSonic VA2406-MH 75Hz
Case Bitfenix Nova Midi
Audio Device(s) On-Board.
Power Supply SeaSonic CORE GM-650.
Mouse Logitech G300s
Keyboard Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS.
VR HMD A pair of OP spectacles.
Software Ubuntu 24.04 LTS.
Benchmark Scores Me no know English. What bench mean? Bench like one sit on?
System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
You're in for some fun! In case you're interested;
The most premium version you can get and it's 50% off currently..
I know everyone says it a great game and the discount is cool, but my ratio of bought/free games to actually installed and played is scarily unbalanced :kookoo:

Space Lynx

Astronaut
gog's lack of gift cards makes it unusable for me, unfortunately. A sad tale of sanctions and economic backwardness...

Sorry to hear that, still that is pretty cool you live somewhere unique. It's always been a dream of mine to see some of the rainforests, where I am from its just cornfields and wal-marts as far as the eye can see, tis a bit depressing to look at. lol

on-topic: I am playing Retro Bowl on my android phone, its a lot of fun. has a bit of a slow start though as you build up your team.

I know everyone says it a great game and the discount is cool, but my ratio of bought/free games to actually installed and played is scarily unbalanced :kookoo:
Right there with you. However, a good deal is a good deal...

Retro Bowl
Is that the Tecmo SuperBowl Retro game I read about?
EDIT: Yup, it is.

Last edited:
System Name Office
Processor Ryzen 5600G
Motherboard ASUS B450M-A II
Cooling be quiet! Shadow Rock LP
Memory 16GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX 5600 XT
Storage PNY CS1030 250GB, Crucial MX500 2TB
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Fractal Define 7 Compact
Power Supply EVGA 550 G3
Mouse Logitech M705 Marthon
Keyboard Logitech G410
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H2

$25 spent on something one will never use is still money wasted. Better to take a friend out for burritos or something, IMO.

Space Lynx

Astronaut

Is that the Tecmo SuperBowl Retro game I read about?
EDIT: Yup, it is.

it's surprisingly addicting. I play a couple matches before bed every night lol, good way to fully relax. it allows you to re-name all your football players too, I always name them lord of the rings or other fantasy book names, lmao its funny when "Bilbo scores a touchdown" :roll:

System Name Bad Moon Ryzen
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4-F
Cooling Vetroo V5
Memory Crucial Ballistix 32Gb (8gb x 4) 3200 MHz DDR 4
Video Card(s) 6700 XT
Storage Samsung 860 Evo 1Tb, Samsung 860 Evo 500Gb,WD Black 8Tb, WD Blue 2Tb
Display(s) Gigabyte G24F-2 (180Hz Freesync) & 4K Samsung TV
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact w/Dark Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply MSI MPG A850GF (850w)
VR HMD Rift S
Finally got around to playing Control and what a fantastic game it is. Great writing, collectibles that make sense, stunning visuals and interesting gunplay. Quantum break was a big let down for me as Alan Wake and the Max Payne series were both excellent but I think Control has become my new favourite.

Oh and I noticed this gem, found a room with post-it notes literally everywhere (looked like my home office during Covid lockdowns) and went into photo mode, when I zoomed right into Jesse's eye you can actually see the raytraced reflection of the room.

20221005215727_1.jpg

20221005220036_1.jpg

Finally got around to playing Control and what a fantastic game it is. Great writing, collectibles that make sense, stunning visuals and interesting gunplay. Quantum break was a big let down for me as Alan Wake and the Max Payne series were both excellent but I think Control has become my new favourite.

Oh and I noticed this gem, found a room with post-it notes literally everywhere (looked like my home office during Covid lockdowns) and went into photo mode, when I zoomed right into Jesse's eye you can actually see the raytraced reflection of the room.

View attachment 264349

View attachment 264350
Ah yes, the post-it room. Did you read the memo on the wall?

The office's owner dryly remarking that he will be swapping offices as his has become unusable... I can only imagine!

It was free on Luna a couple of months ago, I enjoyed it thoroughly. I will say that game streaming is better than playing on a potato PC, for modern games at least.