• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Announces Q3-FY24 Results; Earns 5 Times More Revenue from AI Chips than Gaming GPUs

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Gaming and professional graphics will move into data center as internet connection latency and bandwidth improves. Fabbing and assembling discrete graphics cards will become a waste of resources when all computing can become distributed and client devices become dumb terminals.

In that vast sea of big data, gaming will be one of many services offered albeit a very minor one in comparison.

Monitors will become VR/AR glasses. Input devices will just be your hands. A simple handheld device in your pocket will make the connection.
In a decade, maybe. But this is now, and right now consumers are still quite happily paying for NVIDIA's GPUs. While Big Green could put all its eggs into the data centre market, there really is zero reason for it to do so. NVIDIA may be greedy, but they aren't greedy enough to throw away their massive investment into the consumer space just to chase the AI bubble that is ultimately going to pop.

It's the same way that Apple is just a phone and fart app company and nothing more.
The iPhone may be their headline product but the Mac line is and always will be a money-spinner.

System Name 3 desktop systems: Gaming / Internet / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5 5500 / Ryzen 5 4600G / FX 6300 (12 years latter got to see how bad Bulldozer is)
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (1) / MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (2) / Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Cooling Νoctua U12S / Segotep T4 / Snowman M-T6
Memory 16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS 3600 / 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3200 / 16GB Kingston 2400MHz (DDR3)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6600 + GT 710 (PhysX)/ Vega 7 integrated / Radeon RX 580
Storage NVMes, ONLY NVMes/ NVMes, SATA Storage / NVMe boot(Clover), SATA storage
Display(s) Philips 43PUS8857/12 UHD TV (120Hz, HDR, FreeSync Premium) ---- 19'' HP monitor + BlitzWolf BW-V5
Case Sharkoon Rebel 12 / CoolerMaster Elite 361 / Xigmatek Midguard
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Chieftec 850W / Silver Power 400W / Sharkoon 650W
Mouse CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / CoolerMaster Devastator / Logitech
Keyboard CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / CoolerMaster Devastator / Logitech
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10&Windows 11 / Windows 10
Those gross margins sure are gross.
I think they are just understated. I know that Nvidia is in the stock market and they can't lie, but I doubt those are real. When in mining period Nvidia was selling graphics cards at twice their price(I doubt they where sticking at MSRP when selling directly to mining farms) and was reporting 3-5 extra points than usual, now they are selling AI equipment and they only gone up a few more points in the profit margin?
Doubt it. I believe it is triple digit.

But this is now, and right now consumers are still quite happily paying for NVIDIA's GPUs. While Big Green could put all its eggs into the data centre market, there really is zero reason for it to do so. NVIDIA may be greedy, but they aren't greedy enough to throw away their massive investment into the consumer space just to chase the AI bubble that is ultimately going to pop.

Sure, but it doesn't mean Nvidia really has to offer anything inviting to gamers for now. As it happened during the cryptomadness.

There are buyers, but let's not pretend gamers are buying RTX 4090 a year and a half after it's release for 10 - 20% over MSRP!

The iPhone may be their headline product but the Mac line is and always will be a money-spinner.
Their biggest money spinner is services - Appstore/subscriptions & of course the Apple ecosystem. Same goes with Nvidia & CUDA, though it's arguable if they would be extracting same amount of profits in 10 years time, unlike the inherent advantage with all things Mac!

The NVIDIA haters are out in force as usual. Why is it so difficult for y'all to accept that a wildly successful and profitable company is wildly successful and profitable because it has product that the market wants to buy? Why do you have to invent ludicrous allegations of illegal behaviour?
Hate is a strong word, I see rational arguments from those who criticize Nvidia. Do you have the courage to back your opinions with financial stakes? Do you genuinely believe Nvidia is a trillion-dollar company?

I bet anyone that Nvidia will fall below Intel and AMD in market value within the next year, they are just easily replaceable in the main markets they operate in. :p

System Name Firelance.
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Sure, but it doesn't mean Nvidia really has to offer anything inviting to gamers for now.
The fact that gamers are buying NVIDIA cards trivially demonstrates this is false.

Their biggest money spinner is services
Yes, that is more correct than what I said.

Hate is a strong word, I see rational arguments from those who criticize Nvidia.
Show me these alleged rational arguments, because all I see are completely unsubstantiated conspiracy theories that these reported figures are only possible if NVIDIA is lying or breaking the law in some way.

Do you have the courage to back your opinions with financial stakes? Do you genuinely believe Nvidia is a trillion-dollar company?
It doesn't matter what I believe, all that matters is the evidence. And there has been zero evidence provided that NVIDIA is not the wildly profitable company it claims to be.

I bet anyone that Nvidia will fall below Intel and AMD in market value within the next year, they are just easily replaceable in the main markets they operate in.
So easily replaceable that they are continuing to gain market share over their competitors, in the markets that they operate in.

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) 48" LG OLED C4
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Audio Device(s) KEF LSX II LT speakers + KEF KC62 Subwoofer
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Death Adder v3
Keyboard Razor Huntsman V3 Pro TKL
Software win11
It'll happen. Companies are pushing it prematurely, but it'll happen eventually.

They are different markets, it's like a guy can have a PC, a laptop, a Steam Deck and a Geforce Now subscription all at the same time, having one does not exclude one from owning others.

The only possibility of Nvidia stop selling gaming GPU is when PC gaming died out, which honestly will not be happening any time soon.

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
I'm surprised anyone is surprised. Wtf do yall think 70% profit margin and a captive market looks like? I caught part of the earnings call and it was hilarious. Jensen proclaiming that making these cards is so damn hard, every aspect, hell even the shipping is hard work. Pulling back though and we can see that this market will shrink with AMD moving with better spec'd cards and the major players moving to custom chips. One wonders how long this gravy train will run for?

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
In a decade, maybe. But this is now, and right now consumers are still quite happily paying for NVIDIA's GPUs. While Big Green could put all its eggs into the data centre market, there really is zero reason for it to do so. NVIDIA may be greedy, but they aren't greedy enough to throw away their massive investment into the consumer space just to chase the AI bubble that is ultimately going to pop.

Plus where else would they. Beta test hardware and software on millions of consumer GPU.
Consumers paid for and beta tested Nvidia's AI hardware for years giving it the resources to develop this reality.

They're not giving that up.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
I can't wait until the AI investment reaps such rewards that I can enquire about whether or not I'll actually enjoy a new game, and after a quick discussion with a faceless digital intelligence, I'll know now to buy it. Jensen better watch out, his cards might just deter us all from buying new games.

Clearly, tongue-in-cheek. But sort of relevant.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
Let me see a 4090 where I live costs minimum $2300 ($2600 with tax). Then you could get a 7900XT for $1200. Nvidia will sell 20 in a day and AMD would have to sell 50 to make the same amount. That would need common sense though. That 81% is probably relegated to USA and Australia because the best thing Nvidia is good at is marketing. They are so good that the day they announced the 4090 it was the death of the 3090 in the narrative, but the 3090TI was good at that too. Now the US is fearful of the Chinese using 4090s for Machine Learning of Drones and Nvidia ramps up production while making more money than is right, to be so desultory in their hubris that EVGA left them and the people said oh well. Even the new 12vHPWR that is still burning GPUs cannot change the narrative but I will continue hearing about how evil AMD is for not putting DLSS in Starfield. It doesn't matter though because AMD also has complete control of the handheld space and when the Pheonix APUs launch on desktop you can say goodbye to 1030,1060,1660,3050,4050 and also 570,580 cards from AMD but that will impact Nvdia's bottom line in no way.

System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple proprietary M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple proprietary M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary onboard 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
Software macOS Sonoma 14.5 (with latest patches)
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12 Pro. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
I bet anyone that Nvidia will fall below Intel and AMD in market value within the next year, they are just easily replaceable in the main markets they operate in. :p
Highly unlikely.

Market cap
NVDA $1.22T
AMD $200B
INTC $185B

Nvidia would have to lose about 85% of its value to drop below AMD if the latter stayed even. However if NVDA dropped that much it would drag down the entire semiconductor sector as well as make a major dent in broad market indexes like the S&P 500, Nasdaq Composite and NASDAQ-100.

Nvidia does not function in a vacuum.

As for putting my money where my mouth is, I have indirect positions in all three via a variety of index funds.

AI isn’t going away, I will make money regardless who has market dominance a year from now.

Remember that revenues equals shipped products and paid services. Nvidia’s inbox is stacked with purchase orders, probably enough to keep TSMC busy for two, three years.

This isn’t Joe Gamer standing in front of a store shelf at Microcenter debating whether or not to buy a GeForce 4070.

Companies budget for these purchases in advance.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard asus ROG Strix B-350I Gaming
Cooling Deepcool LS520 SE
Memory crucial ballistix 32Gb DDR4
Video Card(s) RTX 3070 FE
Storage WD sn550 1To/WD ssd sata 1To /WD black sn750 1To/Seagate 2To/WD book 4 To back-up
Display(s) LG GL850
Case Dan A4 H2O
Audio Device(s) sennheiser HD58X
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse MX master 3
Keyboard Master Key Mx
Software win 11 pro
Gaming and professional graphics will move into data center as internet connection latency and bandwidth improves. Fabbing and assembling discrete graphics cards will become a waste of resources when all computing can become distributed and client devices become dumb terminals.

In that vast sea of big data, gaming will be one of many services offered albeit a very minor one in comparison.

Monitors will become VR/AR glasses. Input devices will just be your hands. A simple handheld device in your pocket will make the connection.
I think that the hybrid approach will keep being a thing until 100% of earth surface will have a perfect internet coverage with strong fall backs in case something goes wrong. Ending up with a potato computer whenever something goes south, or when you need to work in a remote area is going to be a big liability.

It's a bit like Toyota explaining that even if the west want to go full electric, there's a lot of places where it's just not going to work. You need alternative technologies to cover the weakness of the other one

System Name Firelance.
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Plus where else would they. Beta test hardware and software on millions of consumer GPU.
Consumers paid for and beta tested Nvidia's AI hardware for years giving it the resources to develop this reality.

They're not giving that up.
"Beta test" what is this stupid shit? How are any of NVIDIA's products "beta"?

Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
What.

Tensor cores, useful Eventually, occasionally.

Raytracing core's useful Eventually and occasionally

Dlss all upto version blah blah blah

Many other things time's IMHO.

So yeah as an owner/Beta tester yes.

Last edited:
Game revenue is pretty boring. $2.8B. It has been higher in the past. Used to always be their #1 segment. That datacenter is popping. 80% of their Q3 and projected to be 75% of their Q4. Nvidia can basically just not care about gaming anymore in terms of cost. They can sell their cards for whatever they want and don't need to drop prices. If they don't sell they will gladly shift that production over to the datacenter and make hundreds of thousands of dollars more per wafer. Then their top end cards, they don't even need to sell them. They can just paper launch them and then not allocate any chips for gaming.

In one regards it is really exciting, but then in another it is kinda scary. We will get Blackwell, but it could be limited and expensive. AMD is skimping out on RDNA4. AMD is going to focus on their CPUs and I'd imagine put their GPU resources behind CDNA. ATM, gaming isn't the juggernaut in terms of revenue that it used to be and it obviously isn't where the money is. So I can see options being reduced (everyone), prices going up (Nvidia), and development slowing down (AMD).

Maybe if GPU cores go chiplet it won't be too bad.

Highly unlikely.

Market cap
NVDA $1.22T
AMD $200B
INTC $185B

Nvidia would have to lose about 85% of its value to drop below AMD if the latter stayed even. However if NVDA dropped that much it would drag down the entire semiconductor sector as well as make a major dent in broad market indexes like the S&P 500, Nasdaq Composite and NASDAQ-100.

Nvidia does not function in a vacuum.

As for putting my money where my mouth is, I have indirect positions in all three via a variety of index funds.

AI isn’t going away, I will make money regardless who has market dominance a year from now.

Remember that revenues equals shipped products and paid services. Nvidia’s inbox is stacked with purchase orders, probably enough to keep TSMC busy for two, three years.

This isn’t Joe Gamer standing in front of a store shelf at Microcenter debating whether or not to buy a GeForce 4070.

Companies budget for these purchases in advance.
I am of the opinion that Nvidia is not worth 1 trillion dollars and is likely to fall significantly below its current valuation.

I choose not to engage in the seemingly endless debate of Nvidia vs AMD vs Intel. My conviction in my perspective led me to exit at $500. If you genuinely believe in the positive prospects, consider purchasing the stock at this price point. Opinion is subjective, reality is not, and it eventually imposes itself by subjugating individual opinions.

The future will show who was right. Good luck!

System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple proprietary M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple proprietary M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary onboard 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
Software macOS Sonoma 14.5 (with latest patches)
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12 Pro. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
I am of the opinion that Nvidia is not worth 1 trillion dollars and is likely to fall significantly below its current valuation.

I choose not to engage in the seemingly endless debate of Nvidia vs AMD vs Intel. My conviction in my perspective led me to exit at $500. If you genuinely believe in the positive prospects, consider purchasing the stock at this price point. Opinion is subjective, reality is not, and it eventually imposes itself by subjugating individual opinions.

The future will show who was right. Good luck!

Okay, you torched your own ass and you can't admit it.

First of all, I addressed your statement that NVDA would drop below AMD and INTC in valuation within a year. I showed market cap and you won't accept raw numbers. That's fine. But this is ON YOU.

Second, yes, you chose to engage in the endless debate of Nvidia vs. everyone else via your previous post. You mentioned no exit at $500.

And guess what? Unless your dollars are fully invested in something that returns better than NVDA, well, you lose. I know. I bailed out of NFLX after owning it for 18 months and it climbed through the stratosphere. Sure, I made money but not the same amount if I kept it.

We all have to sleep though. If you can't handle the suspense, just say so. No one can blame you for bailing out to get enough shut eye. But don't misconstrue it with making more money.

Third, even if NVDA doesn't have the same price acceleration in the next twelve months as it has in the previous 12, it's still more than losing 85% of market cap value, isn't it?

My money is that that in 12 months NVDA's market cap will still be higher than that of AMD or INTC.

You proposed something else and I might just bookmark this discussion just to revisit it in a year to see where we stand. Let me know if you'd like me to ping this thread a year from now.

Good try trying to cover your sorry ass on what you posted. Since I included your post, you can't back out. Everyone reading this thread will understand what sort of odds you are up against.

Feel free to respond to this, you will only dig a deeper grave for yourself. Remember: you are on the record for proposing that NVDA will have a lower market capitalization on November 22, 2024 than AMD. Technically, you stated that NVDA would be lower than both AMD and INTC. But let's just start with AMD. We get plenty of garbage chat here at TPU but this one is worth highlighting just due to its complete ludicrousness.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

wolf

Better Than Native
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
It's a funny and I agree fairly ridiculous sentiment, not that I don't see how they arrived at it, but it's still silly.

If we were going to take that route and follow that logic, I'd argue that FSR 1/2/3 and Antilag+, perhaps others - they're beta features the users are testing, just on a smaller scale because they lack the vision to foresee (most of) these prospective innovations. Consumers paid for and beta tested AMD's reactionary hardware and software solutions for years giving AMD the resources to just barely stay in the PC space. Seen a fair few Radeon's sold, or purchases delayed, on hopium that they can match Nvidia's hardware and features, so Nvidia's features can't be all that bad if AMD aspires to meet or exceed them.

Consumers rarely can tell or steer the market in how to innovate, they want more, faster, better, but largely of known quantities. A 5090 that has 48GB and is twice as fast in every metric to a 4090? sounds great right? (price excluded for point making purpose), A monitor that's higher res and faster refresh, awesome! But average Joe would be hard pressed to predict or ask for the newer features and capability GPU's have come out with over the years. RT, Upscaling, Mesh Shading, Tessellation, and so on.

System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4
Cooling Noctua D15S chromax black/MX6
Memory TEAM GROUP 32GB DDR4 4000C16 B die
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Trio X 10GB
Storage M.2 drives-Crucial P5 500GB 4x4/WD SN850X 4TB 4x4/WD SN850X 2TB 4x4
Display(s) Dell s3422dwg 34" 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Topping D10s DAC/PCamp TC 1680 AMP/MS M10 Speakers/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 80% gold
Mouse Logitech G604 wireless
Keyboard Logitech G413 carbon
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Who cares
Good luck to them all, we are just the mice running around the maze while they drop tidbits in there for us. Don't complain when you have a 4090 in your PC

System Name Firelance.
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
What.

Tensor cores, useful Eventually, occasionally.

Raytracing core's useful Eventually and occasionally

Dlss all upto version blah blah blah

Many other things time's IMHO.

So yeah as an owner/Beta tester yes.
Every single one of the features you mentioned is used by gamers, improves or enhances gameplay for those gamers, and are constantly being improved at no cost to purchasers of the associated hardware. "Beta" doesn't mean "feature that you personally have an irrational hatred for".

The fact of the matter is that these features are the very example of "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade". NVIDIA chose to dedicate more die space on its GPUs to ML- and RT-accelerating hardware because they didn't want to have to endure the cost and complexity of producing different GPUs for consumer and professional workloads. This hardware took away from raster hardware, which created a problem that their consumer products might no longer be able to compete on sheer performance. Instead of sitting back and hoping that wouldn't bite them, NVIDIA came up with feature solutions to leverage that hardware to add value for consumers. And they've been so successful in that regard, that those features have become the industry standard such that every single one of their competitors now has their own version of said features. That's not because those competitors slavishly copy whatever NVIDIA does, it's because consumers now expect those features as standard.

Basically, NVIDIA invented an entire new category of consumer graphic features entirely because they wanted to save money, and they've utilised those features so successfully that they've increased their market leadership. That's the very opposite of "beta", that's "astounding success", and your irrational hatred doesn't change that; it just makes you look ridiculous.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - NVIDIA's self-proclaimed moniker of "World Leader in Visual Computing Technologies" is incredibly pompous but entirely justified. They lead, they succeed, and others follow.

Okay, you torched your own ass and you can't admit it.

First of all, I addressed your statement that NVDA would drop below AMD and INTC in valuation within a year. I showed market cap and you won't accept raw numbers. That's fine. But this is ON YOU.

Second, yes, you chose to engage in the endless debate of Nvidia vs. everyone else via your previous post. You mentioned no exit at $500.

And guess what? Unless your dollars are fully invested in something that returns better than NVDA, well, you lose. I know. I bailed out of NFLX after owning it for 18 months and it climbed through the stratosphere. Sure, I made money but not the same amount if I kept it.

We all have to sleep though. If you can't handle the suspense, just say so. No one can blame you for bailing out to get enough shut eye. But don't misconstrue it with making more money.

Third, even if NVDA doesn't have the same price acceleration in the next twelve months as it has in the previous 12, it's still more than losing 85% of market cap value, isn't it?

My money is that that in 12 months NVDA's market cap will still be higher than that of AMD or INTC.

You proposed something else and I might just bookmark this discussion just to revisit it in a year to see where we stand. Let me know if you'd like me to ping this thread a year from now.

Good try trying to cover your sorry ass on what you posted. Since I included your post, you can't back out. Everyone reading this thread will understand what sort of odds you are up against.

Feel free to respond to this, you will only dig a deeper grave for yourself. Remember: you are on the record for proposing that NVDA will have a lower market capitalization on November 22, 2024 than AMD. Technically, you stated that NVDA would be lower than both AMD and INTC. But let's just start with AMD. We get plenty of garbage chat here at TPU but this one is worth highlighting just due to its complete ludicrousness.

Best of luck.
So much excitement coming from someone ready to lose money. Unlike you, I have all the serenity in the world.

Nvidia does not necessarily need to lose so much market value to fall below Intel and AMD, they just need to both grow while Nvidia continually weakens with the rise of competition and battles to make AI cheaper.

Furthermore, I just don't invest in what I don't believe in, It doesn't matter if banks or analysts say otherwise. If I lose or win, it will be by following what makes sense to me. GG.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
I would really like to see gaming units sold not just the revenue part. Strictly for comparison. You may have the same number of units sold but if you jack up the price per unit, obviously your revenue will increase. I wonder, how these stats look like.

Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Every single one of the features you mentioned is used by gamers, improves or enhances gameplay for those gamers, and are constantly being improved at no cost to purchasers of the associated hardware. "Beta" doesn't mean "feature that you personally have an irrational hatred for".

The fact of the matter is that these features are the very example of "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade". NVIDIA chose to dedicate more die space on its GPUs to ML- and RT-accelerating hardware because they didn't want to have to endure the cost and complexity of producing different GPUs for consumer and professional workloads. This hardware took away from raster hardware, which created a problem that their consumer products might no longer be able to compete on sheer performance. Instead of sitting back and hoping that wouldn't bite them, NVIDIA came up with feature solutions to leverage that hardware to add value for consumers. And they've been so successful in that regard, that those features have become the industry standard such that every single one of their competitors now has their own version of said features. That's not because those competitors slavishly copy whatever NVIDIA does, it's because consumers now expect those features as standard.

Basically, NVIDIA invented an entire new category of consumer graphic features entirely because they wanted to save money, and they've utilised those features so successfully that they've increased their market leadership. That's the very opposite of "beta", that's "astounding success", and your irrational hatred doesn't change that; it just makes you look ridiculous.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - NVIDIA's self-proclaimed moniker of "World Leader in Visual Computing Technologies" is incredibly pompous but entirely justified. They lead, they succeed, and others follow.
I owned a 2060 since the beginning.

Who do you think you are trolling.

Nvidia trolled me .

I sat through months of no use of features because f all used them, BeTA.

I also tested most iterations of dlss because they can't make one right first time and guess what none are at iterative one because we beta tested them found issues for Nvidia.

I'm sorry this insults your master but deal with it.