• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Vendor-specific issues are the worst

System Name The Sparing-No-Expense Build
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Wifi II
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black
Memory 32GB: 2x16GB Patriot Viper Steel 3600MHz C18
Video Card(s) NVIDIA RTX 3060Ti Founder's Edition
Storage 500GB 970 Evo Plus NVMe, 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) AOC C24G1 144Hz 24" 1080p Monitor
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO White
Power Supply Seasonic X-650 Gold PSU (SS-650KM3)
Software Windows 11 Home 64-bit
I don't know if this is the correct forum for this post (Hardware/System Builder's Advice just didn't seem appropriate as it's not strictly hardware and/or system; mods feel free to move to another forum as appropriate) but here I go anyways.

This is the second time a vendor-specific issue has caused me to pull half my hair out.

First, I've been dealing with unexplained crashes in a new AMD AM4-based system that has an Asus motherboard in it plus a Ryzen 5 5600X.
After a month of running okay, it just froze solid in the middle of games without even spitting out a bluescreen.
Troubleshooting went from changing out the RAM which happened to be a non-QVL non-kit, system corruptions leading to multiple OS reinstalls, multiple memtests to no avail, CPU checking software, etc etc.
The problem turned out to be (most likely) PBO Fmax Enhancer - an Asus-specific feature that is not even supposed to be used on 5000 series processors, because they would misbehave!
I was on the verge of throwing out my $350 motherboard and getting a similarly-priced AsRock one - which definitely would have fixed the (non-AsRock) issue, leading me to junk a perfectly working board!

Second one is when I tried to install Grub on my new Windows 10 laptop running Intel Optane (this was back in 2019 when Intel was peddling Optane to gullible layman Intel loyalists). Try hard as I might, I just couldn't load the bootloader! It just went straight to Windows!

A couple hundred lost hair later, I realized that Intel had TWO copies of the EFI - one on the Optane drive and one on the hard drive, and all I had done was replace the C: drive one with the bootloader, which was getting BYPASSED BECAUSE THE OPTANE ONE WAS THE ONE GETTING LOADED UNLESS YOU JUST WENT OUT AND DISABLED OPTANE ENTIRELY! AAAAAAAARGH!

System Name DLSS / YOLO-PC
Processor i5-12400F / 10600KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B760M DS3H / Z490 Vision D
Cooling Laminar RM1 / Gammaxx 400
Memory 32 GB DDR4-3200 / 16 GB DDR4-3333
Video Card(s) RX 6700 XT / R9 380 2 GB
Storage A couple SSDs, m.2 NVMe included / 240 GB CX1 + 1 TB WD HDD
Display(s) Compit HA2704 / MSi G2712
Case Matrexx 55 / Junkyard special
Audio Device(s) Want loud, use headphones. Want quiet, use satellites.
Power Supply Thermaltake 1000 W / Corsair CX650M / DQ550ST [backup]
Mouse Don't disturb, cheese eating in progress...
Keyboard Makes some noise. Probably onto something.
VR HMD I live in real reality and don't need a virtual one.
Software Windows 10 and 11
I also had a little bit of wombo combos with ASUS. Two of their LGA1155 motherboards failed to update their BIOS (with two USB sticks, they considered the new firmware invalid; with one stick, they pretended to flash it; with the last stick I tried, they didn't even see the file). All I wanted is to be able to make my 3770K working properly (OC didn't work; power management didn't work). One of these mobos is P8P67, don't remember another's name.

Other brands had silly misbehaviours as well but not so ridiculous and game breaking.

Like, why? Why don't you test your wares before selling them? Most vendors seem extremely allergic to doing so. Especially the game developers...

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name White DJ in Detroit
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Asus motherboard also had over voltage protection thing that ... I never knew if it worked or not, because I can't physically monitor voltages 24/7, but it did trigger seemingly randomly.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Like, why? Why don't you test your wares before selling them? Most vendors seem extremely allergic to doing so.
Because management wants to SELL MOAR STUFF and QA wastes time...

I'd be seriously skeptical of going for Asus boards in the future. The era of them "just working" like my good old Z97-A :love: is sadly over...

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
Asus motherboard also had over voltage protection thing
I believe you are thinking of their "Anti-Surge" feature. This feature is "in theory" supposed to protect the motherboard (and mounted components) from excessive surges from the power supply. Well, fine but why would there be excessive surges coming from a power supply? Yes, power supplies can fail catastrophically, and take out everything connected to them, but that is a very VERY rare event. Even no-name generic PSUs are pretty good at quickly terminating output in the event of such a failure.

IMO, the ASUS Anti-Surge feature causes more problems than it is worth. I don't understand why it is still around.

It should be noted that virtually all motherboards, even budget ones, have pretty robust regulation circuitry which includes components that are designed to protect themselves from surges. Plus, PSUs are specifically designed to isolate the output voltages from incoming surges and spikes. And if the computer is powered through a decent surge and spike protector, or better yet, a “good” UPS with AVR, this feature just become even more redundant, at best.

I think we need to understand that typically when a motherboard maker comes up with a new good idea, the other major makers soon follow suit. ASUS motherboards with ASUS Anti-Surge have been around at least since 2011 yet Gigabyte, ASRock, MSI and the other major manufacturers have not implemented their own versions of that feature. You have to wonder, or at least I do, why? It can't be a patent infringement thing because it is easy to create slightly different versions of a feature that does the same thing without violating or infringing on patented designs. So, to me, there can just be no other reason; the competing motherboard makers don't see the feature as needed. And I certainly agree.

If the ASUS Anti-surge feature proved itself to be worthy suggesting anti-surge protection at the motherboard level was needed, consumers and the IT tech sites would be demanding other motherboard makers implement it too. But that is not happening.

So, I recommend you disable that feature and see what happens. If you see no difference, then fine, enable it again.

But I will note, there are many reports in the forums where the ASUS Anti-Surge feature shut down a computer and reported an excessive surge. Yet no other evidence of surges existed and disabling the feature resulted in the computer working fine thereafter.

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R7 5800X3D
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Frozen Edge 360, 3x TL-B12 V2, 2x TL-B12 V1
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) JBL Bar 700
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1000, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
IMO, the ASUS Anti-Surge feature causes more problems than it is worth. I don't understand why it is still around
I think its an Intel thing. It was on my last Asus Z77 board, but in none of my ROG AM4 boards.

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
I think its an Intel thing.
Nah! The ASUS Anti-Surge feature is on ASUS AMD boards too, and has created problems for those folks as well. I was able to google and find several. I will say this - just looking through the ASUS website, there does not seem to be as many current models with the feature. Maybe ASUS got the message! :)

Over here, right where you least expect me to be !
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Well, practically every mobo maker (and all other parts too) has or has had certain models/versions/features that have or have had certain issues from time to time, AsSus included....

I've used just about every brand of computer component out there in the past 15 yrs or so, and this has been my experience... sh*t happens, be it from lack of testing, sloppy/non-existent QA/QC, a bad batch of components, damage in transit, or any number of other potential causes :D

And yea, crashes are probably the most frustrating & hard to pinpoint of them all, but it's not the end of the world, so keep on keeping on & be happy :)

System Name I don't name my rig
Processor 14700K
Motherboard Asus TUF Z790
Cooling Air/water/DryIce
Memory DDR5 G.Skill Z5 RGB 6000mhz C36
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Super
Storage 980 Pro
Display(s) Some LED 1080P TV
Case Open bench
Audio Device(s) Some Old Sherwood stereo and old cabinet speakers
Power Supply Corsair 1050w HX series
Mouse Razor Mamba Tournament Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910
VR HMD Quest 2
Software Windows
Benchmark Scores Max Freq 13700K 6.7ghz DryIce Max Freq 14700K 7.0ghz DryIce Max all time Freq FX-8300 7685mhz LN2
Asus motherboard also had over voltage protection thing that ... I never knew if it worked or not, because I can't physically monitor voltages 24/7, but it did trigger seemingly randomly.

The infamous "USB over current detected, shutting down in 15 seconds" ......

This usually happened because of an open fuse or other possible issue on the circuit that would cause an open.

In some cases I remember the resolve was not actually on the board in others it was the board.

Since 99.8% of motherboard users cannot diagnose and repair these circuits, the boards went to the trash. Anything thats broken can be repaired.

Back in the day, DFI lan-party boards where known for 4 LEDs of death. I've had several simply give up the ghost for no apparent reason other than I was overclocking. RTC chip probably the culprit if I where to gamble a guess.

There was a very specific way to clear cmos on these boards if the regular way didn't work. I cannot recall all the steps, but it involved holding the insert key or something or other.

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
sh*t happens, be it from lack of testing, sloppy/non-existent QA/QC, a bad batch of components, damage in transit, or any number of other potential causes :D
Very true. And until Man can create perfection 100% of the time, sh*t will always happen.

But that is different from a "feature" that has been around for years that consistently demonstrated problems and/or where the buying public just didn't accept it (and often, where the manufacturer refused to admit it).

Don't get me wrong. ASUS is certainly one of my preferred brands. Bonehead is right - every company has had their Edsels.

System Name Main PC
Processor 13700k
Motherboard Asrock Z690 Steel Legend D4 - Bios 13.02
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 Gig 3200CL14
Video Card(s) 4080 RTX SUPER FE 16G
Storage 1TB 980 PRO, 2TB SN850X, 2TB DC P4600, 1TB 860 EVO, 2x 3TB WD Red, 2x 4TB WD Red
Display(s) LG 27GL850
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster AE-9
Power Supply Antec HCG 750 Gold
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC
I believe you are thinking of their "Anti-Surge" feature. This feature is "in theory" supposed to protect the motherboard (and mounted components) from excessive surges from the power supply. Well, fine but why would there be excessive surges coming from a power supply? Yes, power supplies can fail catastrophically, and take out everything connected to them, but that is a very VERY rare event. Even no-name generic PSUs are pretty good at quickly terminating output in the event of such a failure.

IMO, the ASUS Anti-Surge feature causes more problems than it is worth. I don't understand why it is still around.

It should be noted that virtually all motherboards, even budget ones, have pretty robust regulation circuitry which includes components that are designed to protect themselves from surges. Plus, PSUs are specifically designed to isolate the output voltages from incoming surges and spikes. And if the computer is powered through a decent surge and spike protector, or better yet, a “good” UPS with AVR, this feature just become even more redundant, at best.

I think we need to understand that typically when a motherboard maker comes up with a new good idea, the other major makers soon follow suit. ASUS motherboards with ASUS Anti-Surge have been around at least since 2011 yet Gigabyte, ASRock, MSI and the other major manufacturers have not implemented their own versions of that feature. You have to wonder, or at least I do, why? It can't be a patent infringement thing because it is easy to create slightly different versions of a feature that does the same thing without violating or infringing on patented designs. So, to me, there can just be no other reason; the competing motherboard makers don't see the feature as needed. And I certainly agree.

If the ASUS Anti-surge feature proved itself to be worthy suggesting anti-surge protection at the motherboard level was needed, consumers and the IT tech sites would be demanding other motherboard makers implement it too. But that is not happening.

So, I recommend you disable that feature and see what happens. If you see no difference, then fine, enable it again.

But I will note, there are many reports in the forums where the ASUS Anti-Surge feature shut down a computer and reported an excessive surge. Yet no other evidence of surges existed and disabling the feature resulted in the computer working fine thereafter.
I am always wary of vendor specific features now.

On my board is a few ASRock specific options, one related to some kind of special optimised ram profile, and another related to the CPU, I ignored both of them. There was a 3rd one also related to ram timings, out of curiosity I tested it, and there was no adjustments to ram timings at all in Windows.

Not a fan of MCE either, something Intel doesnt support and CPU's are out of spec with it on. I see it different to voltage and clock speed adjustments as some bios has it on by default, and I feel it needs a big warning when enabling it.

Last edited:
Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
On my board is a few ASRock specific options
Me too - especially if they require me to download some vendor specific (read: proprietary) software (other than basic drivers) to make it work or to enable those features.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
If the ASUS Anti-surge feature proved itself to be worthy suggesting anti-surge protection at the motherboard level was needed, consumers and the IT tech sites would be demanding other motherboard makers implement it too
I don't know if this fits the bill, but my new AM4 motherboard has a USB-C front-panel port. Once I plugged in a faulty USB-A-to-C dongle on it to connect my mouse to, and it disabled the port, and Windows popped up a "device is drawing more power than the port can supply" message. Obviously this must have been due to a short in the dongle.
Motherboards these days are pretty good overall already. Once I splashed water on my phone and Android disabled the USB port saying there was liquid or debris in the port, and that the port was disabled until the issue resolved. I blew some hot air on it for a few minutes and the port was automatically unblocked by the OS. Pretty impressive.

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
and Windows popped up a "device is drawing more power than the port can supply" message.
Are you sure it was a "Microsoft Windows" error message? I don't see how the OS would know unless the HW told it so.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
Okay. I've heard of such errors, just never seen one myself.

I agree, s single USB device should not exceed the capability of the port. A port should be able to support a hard drive, which to me, would be the most demanding device that didn't need its own power supply. So unless you were using a port powered hub with multiple devices connected to the hub, then I agree, it must have been a faulty dongle - assuming the port still works fine otherwise.

Edit comment: fixed a type and added a clarification - b_b

Last edited:
System Name KLM
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard B-650E-E Strix
Cooling Arctic Cooling III 280
Memory 16x2 Fury Renegade 6000-32
Video Card(s) 4070-ti PNY
Storage 500+512+8+8+2+1+1+2+256+8+512+2
Display(s) VA 32" 4K@60 - OLED 27" 2K@240
Case 4000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Edifier 1280Ts
Power Supply Shift 1000
Mouse 502 Hero
Keyboard K68
Software EMDB
Benchmark Scores 0>1000
ASUS :

Extreme Engine Digi+
- 5K Black Metallic Capacitors
ASUS Q-Design
- M.2 Q-Latch
- PCIe Slot Q-Release
- Q-DIMM
- Q-LED (CPU [red], DRAM [yellow], VGA
[white], Boot Device [yellow green])
- Q-Slot
ASUS Thermal Solution
- M.2 heatsinks
- M.2 heatsink backplate
- VRM heatsink design
ASUS EZ DIY
- BIOS FlashBack™ button
- BIOS FlashBack™ LED
- Clear CMOS button
- ProCool
- Pre-mounted I/O shield
- SafeSlot
- SafeDIMM
Aura Sync
- Aura RGB header
- Addressable Gen 2 headers

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
it must have been a faulty dongle - assuming the port still works fine otherwise.
Yup, I'm using another dongle in the same port with no issues.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
First, I've been dealing with unexplained crashes in a new AMD AM4-based system that has an Asus motherboard in it plus a Ryzen 5 5600X.
After a month of running okay, it just froze solid in the middle of games without even spitting out a bluescreen.
Troubleshooting went from changing out the RAM which happened to be a non-QVL non-kit, system corruptions leading to multiple OS reinstalls, multiple memtests to no avail, CPU checking software, etc etc.
The problem turned out to be (most likely) PBO Fmax Enhancer - an Asus-specific feature that is not even supposed to be used on 5000 series processors, because they would misbehave!
I was on the verge of throwing out my $350 motherboard and getting a similarly-priced AsRock one - which definitely would have fixed the (non-AsRock) issue, leading me to junk a perfectly working board!
An update to this: crashes happened regardless of PBO Fmax Enhancer. If processors are misbehaving because of it, the symptoms must be different than what I experienced.

The real cause of my issue turned out to be a bad WiFi/Bluetooth card (my motherboard is a WiFi variant) which started to fail more and more often and was causing system crashes/corruption as a result. I'm not using it now, and the system has not frozen once in 3 days of continuous use.

I still absolutely blame Asus for this though. Maybe I got a lemon, but they should have been using more reputable manufacturers' products from the get-go.

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃X570 Impact
Cooling NH-U12A + T30┃AXP120-x67
Memory 64GB 6400CL32┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Case Caselabs S3┃Lazer3D HT5
An update to this: crashes happened regardless of PBO Fmax Enhancer. If processors are misbehaving because of it, the symptoms must be different than what I experienced.

The real cause of my issue turned out to be a bad WiFi/Bluetooth card which started to fail more and more often and was causing system crashes/corruption as a result. I'm not using it now, and the system has not frozen once in 3 days of continuous use.

I still absolutely blame Asus for this though. Maybe I got a lemon, but they should have been using more reputable manufacturers' products from the get-go.

Fmax enhancer the Asus "feature" has never worked for me on past few CPUs. Pretty much insta-crashes under load. It has negligible value anyway for whatever one might want to do with PBO, whether it's all-out OC or undervolting. It's not like it magically unlocks Fmax headroom beyond +200 either, so as far as I'm concerned it's pretty much worthless.

Intel AX200/201/210 have generally been solid on all boards AMD/Intel, but Asus put in a new MediaTek card in your board (which is a "new" AM4 product). It might necessitate taking the VRM shroud off to access but you might still be able to replace it with an AX200. These days the M.2 wifi card is usually encased in a metal box in the rear I/O, but there might be screws to open the box.

I think it's the same AMD/MediaTek collab RZ60x card that replaced AX200 in all AM5 boards, as well as some Rembrandt/Phoenix APU laptops. Basically, it wasn't to improve performance, it was because AMD wants to be seen having control over all aspects of its platform. Honestly, it's a travesty. It sucks, and has been proven to suck in countless laptop reviews. I can live with mine in the Zephyrus as I don't use my laptop often, but even so it's frustratingly slow to connect after sleep.

As to vendor specific issues, I was bit by Gigabyte recently, seems many if not all of their AM4 ITX (at the very least) boards are incapable of pushing the 75W spec through their x16 slot to power a RTX A2000. Dunno if it'll ever get enough traction to be brought to Gigabyte's attention.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Asus put in a new MediaTek card in your board (which is a "new" AM4 product). It might necessitate taking the VRM shroud off to access but you might still be able to replace it with an AX200. These days the M.2 wifi card is usually encased in a metal box in the rear I/O, but there might be screws to open the box.

I think it's the same AMD/MediaTek collab RZ60x card that replaced AX200
Right in one on both. It's a rebranded MT7921 card - RZ608. I have ordered an AX210 to replace it.
The shroud has screws, but it requires taking the motherboard out of the case.
but even so it's frustratingly slow to connect after sleep.
I could live with it if it were limited to that, but taking down the whole system? That card is going straight to the bin.

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃X570 Impact
Cooling NH-U12A + T30┃AXP120-x67
Memory 64GB 6400CL32┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Case Caselabs S3┃Lazer3D HT5
Right in one on both. It's a rebranded MT7921 card - RZ608. I have ordered an AX210 to replace it.
The shroud has screws, but it requires taking the motherboard out of the case.

I could live with it if it were limited to that, but taking down the whole system? That card is going straight to the bin.

Actually I'm not sure I would go for a AX210 at this point (even though it is the direct contemporary to the 6E RZ608), since Intel's BE200 is now out and seems to be a straightforward swap for most AX210 systems

The other issues with RZ608 seem to be platform dependent but the slow reconnection is a universal issue with it. Once it gets connected it tends to hold the connection fine, but this whole AMD/MediaTek venture has been forever soured in my mind

For RZ608 did you use Asus drivers or windows update fetched ones?

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
I tried the ones on Mediatek's site, but they had issues so I tried one version older and that worked fine, apart from the freezes.

The drivers are not the issue - the card itself failed to the point the drivers can't even be installed anymore.

Lian Yu/Starling City/Star City (multi-timelines)
System Name The NEW Foundry
Processor Intel Core i9 13900K
Motherboard Asus TUF Z790 Plus D4 WiFi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer III 360mm (using Noctua 120mm AF12 Chromax fans)
Memory 128GB (4x32GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3600 (18-22-22-42)
Video Card(s) Nvidia GeForce RTX3080ti 12GB + Intel UHD770
Storage Samsung 980Pro 1TB (Boot) / Samsung 980Pro 2TB / Samsung 980 1TB / 860EVO 512GB / Crucial T700 2TB
Display(s) Samsung Neo G9 49" UltraWide 5120x1440@240Hz + Samsung 28" 3840x2160@60Hz
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance-C (2 x 140mm + 6 x 120mm Noctua Chromax fans)
Audio Device(s) Logitech Pro X 2 Headset + Edifier R1580MB
Power Supply EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold Fully Modular
Mouse Logitech G903 "Lightspeed" Wireless
Keyboard Logitech G915TKL + AttackShark X85 ‘Hall Effect”
Software MS Windows 11 Professional X64
Nah! The ASUS Anti-Surge feature is on ASUS AMD boards too, and has created problems for those folks as well. I was able to google and find several. I will say this - just looking through the ASUS website, there does not seem to be as many current models with the feature. Maybe ASUS got the message! :)
Cannot remember seeing it on my old ROG Maximus X Hero Z370 board either, nor the TUF Sabertooth Z87 board that just retired after 10yrs 24/7/365 on-time. Been a long time since even looked at full features though of those boards so if was present, I never realised or needed it obviously.

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
so if was present, I never realised or needed it obviously.
Pretty sure it is enabled by default. However, for most users, and I will assume for you too, your PSU didn't throw off any excessive surges that triggered the feature (no surprise with a quality EVGA - my preferred brand too! :)). But even basic/generic PSUs should be more stable with decent, regulated output in compliance with the ATX Form Factor requirements and be able to suppress and isolate excessive transits sufficiently enough for most motherboard regulator devices to deal with easily. This is even more so if the computer is running through a decent UPS with AVR or even a decent and properly functioning surge and spike protector.

So, if yours never triggered (which is typical) you likely didn't and never would be aware of it. I guess that's a good thing but it begs the question. If not needed, do we really need it? And, as is apparently and frequently the case, if it throws off false positives that cause problems and unnecessarily alarm unsuspecting users, do we even want it?

All I can say for certain is that I am personally aware of several ASUS board owners who received an ASUS anti-surge warning message, yet everything tested just fine. They disabled the feature and their computers continued to give them years of quality service.

I will say, if you get such an error, don't just ignore it. Test your PSU, swap in a spare if you have access to one and test your wall outlet to ensure it is properly wired AND grounded to Earth ground. If all checks good, then you might consider disabling the feature.