• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

unverifed 3060ti vbios

yassa

Hello , I bought rtx 3060ti elite rev 2.0 LHR from amazon and the seller was amazon also and the card is working great but its overheating alot and i really mean alot also sometimes stutters happen not alot on fps games but in fortnite or any story games it stutters and its overheating in like assasin creed valhalla in medium setting 1080p hd it goes up to 83 Celsius which is maximum so i undervolted and its 70 or 75 c but i recently searched about the card bios and i didn't find my bios verifed also didn't find any verifed bios for rtx 3060ti the elite version rev 2.0 so i can't even find a verifed bios for my gpu to flash it so i want to ask is the bios the problem for over heat and sometimes stutter? , thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_125.png
    Screenshot_125.png
    311.2 KB · Views: 10
System Name Ryzen5900X
Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Memory 4x G.Skill F4-3600C17D-8GTZ
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Midnight Black
Hello , I bought rtx 3060ti elite rev 2.0 LHR from amazon and the seller was amazon also and the card is working great but its overheating alot and i really mean alot also sometimes stutters happen not alot on fps games but in fortnite or any story games it stutters and its overheating in like assasin creed valhalla in medium setting 1080p hd it goes up to 83 Celsius which is maximum so i undervolted and its 70 or 75 c but i recently searched about the card bios and i didn't find my bios verifed also didn't find any verifed bios for rtx 3060ti the elite version rev 2.0 so i can't even find a verifed bios for my gpu to flash it so i want to ask is the bios the problem for over heat and sometimes stutter? , thanks for your help.
Your card is running hot and is throttling. If it is overheating, it would shutdown. Is the fan running at max speed?
When did you buy the card from Amazon? Was it sold as new? If it is sold as new, you should return it.

Gigabyte released a firmware upgrade for your card not so long ago:

yassa

I undervolted for throttling i said that in the thread to see if the bios is the reason but the card didn't shutdown at all not even once and fans run at max speed when its above 75 or 80 i bought card from amazon 2 years ago and it was sold as new and i didn't update the gpu firmware for maybe like 8 or 9 months

System Name Ryzen5900X
Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Memory 4x G.Skill F4-3600C17D-8GTZ
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Midnight Black
I undervolted for throttling i said that in the thread to see if the bios is the reason but the card didn't shutdown at all not even once and fans run at max speed when its above 75 or 80 i bought card from amazon 2 years ago and it was sold as new and i didn't update the gpu firmware for maybe like 8 or 9 months
If it is less than 2 years old, send it for RMA. Otherwise you need to replace the paste and thermal pads.