• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

unverifed 3060ti vbios

yassa

Hello , I bought rtx 3060ti elite rev 2.0 LHR from amazon and the seller was amazon also and the card is working great but its overheating alot and i really mean alot also sometimes stutters happen not alot on fps games but in fortnite or any story games it stutters and its overheating in like assasin creed valhalla in medium setting 1080p hd it goes up to 83 Celsius which is maximum so i undervolted and its 70 or 75 c but i recently searched about the card bios and i didn't find my bios verifed also didn't find any verifed bios for rtx 3060ti the elite version rev 2.0 so i can't even find a verifed bios for my gpu to flash it so i want to ask is the bios the problem for over heat and sometimes stutter? , thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_125.png
    Screenshot_125.png
    311.2 KB · Views: 47
System Name Ryzen5900X
Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Memory 4x G.Skill F4-3600C17D-8GTZ
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Midnight Black
Hello , I bought rtx 3060ti elite rev 2.0 LHR from amazon and the seller was amazon also and the card is working great but its overheating alot and i really mean alot also sometimes stutters happen not alot on fps games but in fortnite or any story games it stutters and its overheating in like assasin creed valhalla in medium setting 1080p hd it goes up to 83 Celsius which is maximum so i undervolted and its 70 or 75 c but i recently searched about the card bios and i didn't find my bios verifed also didn't find any verifed bios for rtx 3060ti the elite version rev 2.0 so i can't even find a verifed bios for my gpu to flash it so i want to ask is the bios the problem for over heat and sometimes stutter? , thanks for your help.
Your card is running hot and is throttling. If it is overheating, it would shutdown. Is the fan running at max speed?
When did you buy the card from Amazon? Was it sold as new? If it is sold as new, you should return it.

Gigabyte released a firmware upgrade for your card not so long ago:

yassa

I undervolted for throttling i said that in the thread to see if the bios is the reason but the card didn't shutdown at all not even once and fans run at max speed when its above 75 or 80 i bought card from amazon 2 years ago and it was sold as new and i didn't update the gpu firmware for maybe like 8 or 9 months

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
I undervolted for throttling i said that in the thread to see if the bios is the reason but the card didn't shutdown at all not even once and fans run at max speed when its above 75 or 80 i bought card from amazon 2 years ago and it was sold as new and i didn't update the gpu firmware for maybe like 8 or 9 months
If it is less than 2 years old, send it for RMA. Otherwise you need to replace the paste and thermal pads.

yassa

If it is less than 2 years old, send it for RMA. Otherwise you need to replace the paste and thermal pads.
i updated the firmware now and the stuttering looks to be fixed idk how but still gpu over heat and i looked at amazon account i can't return it now so i think i would stick with the undervolt also i play fps games like valorant ,cs2 and sometimes fortnite and gpu is always at 60 c or low in valorant cs2 sometimes go to 70 or 73 doesn't go higher than this fortnite didn't play it for a while so don't know now but now the problem is my bios really modded or not i can't find any verifed bios for rtx 3060ti elite rev 2.0

and c
and pls can you send me a video or tell me how to replace the paste and thermal pads and what is best paste for my gpu?

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
i updated the firmware now and the stuttering looks to be fixed idk how but still gpu over heat and i looked at amazon account i can't return it now so i think i would stick with the undervolt also i play fps games like valorant ,cs2 and sometimes fortnite and gpu is always at 60 c or low in valorant cs2 sometimes go to 70 or 73 doesn't go higher than this fortnite didn't play it for a while so don't know now but now the problem is my bios really modded or not i can't find any verifed bios for rtx 3060ti elite rev 2.0
Gigabyte provides 3 years of warranty on the card:

1725921034642.png

and c

and pls can you send me a video or tell me how to replace the paste and thermal pads and what is best paste for my gpu?
When you have such kind of questions, its beter to contact Gigabyte and send it directly to them for warranty.

Ruru

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling Arctic Freezer 50, GPU with custom loop
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF OC 10GB
Storage A pack of SSDs totaling 3.2TB + 3TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" 4K120 IPS + 32" 4K60 IPS + 24" 1080p144
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless / Corsair HS35
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 + Asus TUF P1 mousepad
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis
and c

Not your exact card but anyway

And do that at your own risk. Personally I rarely change the thermal pads though, I just clean them.

yassa

Gigabyte provides 3 years of warranty on the card:

View attachment 362706

When you have such kind of questions, its beter to contact Gigabyte and send it directly to them for warranty.
so my bios is really modded? thats the only thing i want to know btw i didn't change the paste since i got the card or cleaned thermal pads i will clean them and see if there any changes and i can't return the card because if i wanted my country will make me pay alot for Vat because i don't have any store for gigabyte in my country so i can't return the card now i will clean that thermal pads and see if there any changes and btw the assasin creed valhalla and i think most of games that card overheat they are cracked is that maybe the reason also first when i bought pc card was stable 50 or 55 at forza horizon (its cracked) and that was in winter now its goes to 70 is that because i didn't clean the card or is it because i am in summer ? but valhalla goes to 70 in winter also is it because its cracked?

o
Not your exact card but anyway

And do that at your own risk. Personally I rarely change the thermal pads though, I just clean them.
i think i would stick with cleaning thermal pads i am not expert in pc so i don't want to take risk if something happened to this card i can't return it because i will pay alot of money for Vat and i have alot of something that needs money now so i can't spend alot now for the pc

the most important thing now is that is my bios really modded because thats what really worries me

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
so my bios is really modded?
Where did I mention your bios is modded? It is likely a thermal paste issue.

Some other possible issues:
  • High case temperature. Is there enough airflow in the case?
  • Dust on the graphics card heatsink. Is the heatsink on the graphics card dust free?

yassa

Where did I mention your bios is modded? It is likely a thermal paste issue.

Some other possible issues:
  • High case temperature. Is there enough airflow in the case?
  • Dust on the graphics card heatsink. Is the heatsink on the graphics card dust free?
there is enough airflow in the case i think i have antec df700 flux my cpu temperature is very good doesn't go more than 55 , i cleaned my pc 3 weeks ago but didn't clean anything in graphic card so i think now i need to clean my thermal pads and heatsink and change paste + i thought my bios was modded because someone told me if my bios is modded my gpu would overheat alot

yassa

i wanted to ask another question which is better cooler master cryofuze or MX-4

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
i wanted to ask another question which is better cooler master cryofuze or MX-4

Its one degrees difference. I would buy the cheaper one.

yassa

Its one degrees difference. I would buy the cheaper one.
hey after i repasted my gpu yesterday i have changed only little piece of thermal pad because only little piece was needed to change its alot better now but still after alot of time running benchmark it goes to 81 or 83 in like after 15 mins before repasting it was going to 88 or 87 immediately when opening furmark or after 5 mins but stil in assasin creed valhalla when running at the highest preset with unlimited frame it goes to 81 so should i undervolt? i can play valhalla at 90 locked frame and high preset not the very high preset so should i undervolt or no?

If you don't loose performance, yes, undervolt a bit - better for the card to run cooler.

yassa

If you don't loose performance, yes, undervolt a bit - better for the card to run cooler.
i found another solution which is put 60 fps limit on story games to play on highest settings i think thats good also

yassa

hello again i found out that my gpu is sagging so can this be the reason of high temps?