• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cyberpunk 2077 Update Adds AMD FSR 3 and Frame Generation for PC Players

System Name Nebulon B
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-4800
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Game is closing in at 30 million sales, most sales were made way after launch. Game was meh on launch. Today, it's in my top 10 of all time. Easily beating any other open world game.
I wouldn't go that far, but it's certainly not a bad game. It's one of those that you have to let come to you instead of you trying to force something out of.

It's the small details that make it good, imo. The ridiculous posters and billboards (sex ads), the heavily populated, but still lifeless city, the ease of making acquaintances, but the difficulty of forming meaningful relationships, the massive, but still meaningless gap between rich and poor, etc. It's uncanny how much it has in common with modern city life. Kind of reminds me of the movie Idiocracy, just in a less humorous way.

GTA is a joke compared to Cyberpunk, maybe GTA 6 can match it, however I doubt it, considering how simple GTA is, with no builds or anything.

GTA 6 with talent points and builds - just way more advanced gameplay? Yes please, but they will probably scare the casuals away...
To be honest, I've never felt the appeal of GTA. "Thug life" isn't something I find aspirational to play in a game with, and blowing up random stolen cars and killing civilians for no reason aren't my cup of tea, either.

System Name 3 desktop systems: Gaming / Internet / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5 5500 / Ryzen 5 4600G / FX 6300 (12 years latter got to see how bad Bulldozer is)
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (1) / MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (2) / Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Cooling Νoctua U12S / Segotep T4 / Snowman M-T6
Memory 16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS 3600 / 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3200 / 16GB Kingston 2400MHz (DDR3)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6600 + GT 710 (PhysX)/ Vega 7 integrated / Radeon RX 580
Storage NVMes, ONLY NVMes/ NVMes, SATA Storage / NVMe boot(Clover), SATA storage
Display(s) Philips 43PUS8857/12 UHD TV (120Hz, HDR, FreeSync Premium) ---- 19'' HP monitor + BlitzWolf BW-V5
Case Sharkoon Rebel 12 / CoolerMaster Elite 361 / Xigmatek Midguard
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Chieftec 850W / Silver Power 400W / Sharkoon 650W
Mouse CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / CoolerMaster Devastator / Logitech
Keyboard CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / CoolerMaster Devastator / Logitech
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10&Windows 11 / Windows 10
The reality is many probably don't even optimize their game once, the way it works is developers send their code to AMD/Nvidia ahead of release and they either do something at the compiler/driver level so it emits more efficient code or they outright replace the shaders with faster equivalent versions. That's how you get those "game ready" drivers, now you reach a more conspiratorial level of the matter because this work is not done by the developer so it's not a mater of laziness but rather willingness to share early builds of the game with GPU vendors, do they share it with all of them and if not, why ?
If this is the case, why all that outrage for 2 games that weren't having DLSS at day 1 or didn't perform as expected, meaning Radeon cards running slow? Anyway, I guess not just any developer but every game is a unique case. For that last question we should ask Intel about Starfield.

Then people with crappy TVs should pay less for movies as well? AMD is cheaper for a reason, worse optimization is part of why its cheaper. Worse features as well. If AMD were on par or even better than Nvidia, they would not have to undercut Nvidia. It is as simple as that. However even with lower prices, AMD is not selling well in the GPU segment.
Movies in SDR should cost less than movies in HDR and movies in FullHD should cost less compared to movies in 4K format. Yes, it should be like this especially for movies that advertise their CGI.

The rest of your post is exactly the mentality that driven us to an almost monopoly in GPUs, where people will avoid buying a faster AMD model that is also cheaper and go for the Nvidia model that is slower and more expensive, so they can get features that they will never need or their card isn't capable of really supporting.

las

System Name Meh
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E Tomahawk
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit
Memory 32GB G.Skill @ 6000/CL30
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX 4090 Phantom / Undervolt + OC
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 2TB + WD SN850X 1TB + 64TB NAS/Server
Display(s) 27" 1440p IPS @ 360 Hz + 32" 4K/UHD QD-OLED @ 240 Hz + 77" 4K/UHD QD-OLED @ 144 Hz VRR
Case Fractal Design North XL
Audio Device(s) FiiO DAC
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x / Native 12VHPWR
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight + Razer Deathadder V3 Pro
Keyboard Corsair K60 Pro / MX Low Profile Speed
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
If this is the case, why all that outrage for 2 games that weren't having DLSS at day 1 or didn't perform as expected, meaning Radeon cards running slow? Anyway, I guess not just any developer but every game is a unique case. For that last question we should ask Intel about Starfield.

Movies in SDR should cost less than movies in HDR and movies in FullHD should cost less compared to movies in 4K format. Yes, it should be like this especially for movies that advertise their CGI.
The rest of your post is exactly the mentality that driven us to an almost monopoly in GPUs, where people will avoid buying a faster AMD model that is also cheaper and go for the Nvidia model that is slower and more expensive, so they can get features that they will never need or their card isn't capable of really supporting.
Except AMD is not faster and has worse features by far + uses more power in both gaming, for multi monitor usage and during video playback and has lower resell value to top it off. That is the reason AMD is not selling many GPUs. You save nothing. You just get worse features (RT, PT, Upscaling, Frame Gen - Everything is worse on the AMD side) + more issues and spends more money to power it, then loose more when you actually sell it again, if you can find a buyer, because demand is low.

More and more games even started to include RT elements, like Avatar for example, which funny enough was AMD sponsored but ran much worse than Nvidia because of forced RT elements, with 3070 beating 6800 16GB even in 4K/UHD native, on ultra settings.

If you look at Steam HW Survey, the most popular AMD cards are many years old. The first 2 models mentioned are iGPUs and then RX580 has sub 1% marketshare, which is the most popular AMD dGPU. A mid-end card sold for 200 dollars 6-7 years ago - It was a 1:1 rebrand of RX 480 that launched in 2016 just with higher clocks...

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 5 5500 / Ryzen 5 4600G / FX 6300 (12 years latter got to see how bad Bulldozer is)
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (1) / MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (2) / Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Memory 16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS 3600 / 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3200 / 16GB Kingston 2400MHz (DDR3)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6600 + GT 710 (PhysX)/ Vega 7 integrated / Radeon RX 580
Storage NVMes, ONLY NVMes/ NVMes, SATA Storage / NVMe boot(Clover), SATA storage
Display(s) Philips 43PUS8857/12 UHD TV (120Hz, HDR, FreeSync Premium) ---- 19'' HP monitor + BlitzWolf BW-V5
Audio Device(s) onboard

las

System Name Meh
Processor 7800X3D
Display(s) 27" 1440p IPS @ 360 Hz + 32" 4K/UHD QD-OLED @ 240 Hz + 77" 4K/UHD QD-OLED @ 144 Hz VRR
Audio Device(s) FiiO DAC
Processor Intel i9-11900K
Motherboard TUF GAMING B560M-PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P w/ 2x NF-A12x25
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB [4x8GB 3600MHz DDR4 CL16]
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming 16G OC
Storage GAMMIX S70 Blade 1TB & SanDisk 3D 1TB
Display(s) AOC AG275QXN
Case Fractal Design Pop Air TG
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 750W
Mouse Logitech G102
Keyboard Gigabyte Force K7
VR HMD -
Software Windows 10 22H2
Benchmark Scores Cinebench 2024 Multi-core: 865
You just get worse features (RT, PT, Upscaling, Frame Gen - Everything is worse on the AMD side)

Honestly, upscaling and frame generation should not be treated as an upside since there should be no need to use them in the first place. The raw power should be there.

las

System Name Meh
Processor 7800X3D
Audio Device(s) FiiO DAC
Honestly, upscaling and frame generation should not be treated as an upside since there should be no need to use them in the first place. The raw power should be there.
You know nothing. DLAA is part of DLSS and improves on native every single time.

DLSS beats native in many aspects and boost performance by 75% on average too -> https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/outriders-dlss-performance

Upscaling is slowly but surely replacing TAA and any other in-game AA solution.

Frame Gen is magic when it works, AMDs solution don't. Just like DLSS beats FSR with absolute ease. AMDs FSR and Frame Gen have way more issues, jitter, artifacts, especially when moving. Go read TPU's 50+ comparisons, DLSS is declared the winner in all of them. Besides, RTX features are supported in more than 600 titles now. AMD struggle with implementation and FSR is fragmented as hell. With DLSS you can easily replace the dll file to use the newest version.

You might not care, but 9 out of 10 PC gamers do, which is why AMD soon drops below 10% dGPU marketshare:

If AMD continues what they are doing now, they will be leaving the gaming PC GPU market in a few years, or "compete" in low-end only.

You save nothing buying an AMD GPU in the end. Lets hope RDNA4 can make AMD regain some marketshare, or they will soon be fighting with Intel about low-end market only, because AMD officially left high-end GPU market now and Nvidia dominates in both low and mid-end too.

Last edited:
System Name Nebulon B
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
You know nothing. DLAA is part of DLSS and improves on native every single time.

DLSS beats native in many aspects and boost performance by 75% on average too -> https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/outriders-dlss-performance

Upscaling is slowly but surely replacing TAA and any other in-game AA solution.

Frame Gen is magic when it works, AMDs solution don't. Just like DLSS beats FSR with absolute ease.

You might not care, but 9 out of 10 PC gamers do, which is why AMD soon drops below 10% dGPU marketshare:

I haven't seen a single case when an upscaled image looked better than native. DLAA is an entirely different matter.

When does frame gen work, honestly? At high base FPS, you don't need it, and at low base FPS, it doesn't work.

Audio Device(s) onboard
Except AMD is not faster and has worse features by far + uses more power in both gaming, for multi monitor usage and during video playback and has lower resell value to top it off. That is the reason AMD is not selling many GPUs. You save nothing. You just get worse features (RT, PT, Upscaling, Frame Gen - Everything is worse on the AMD side) + more issues and spends more money to power it, then loose more when you actually sell it again, if you can find a buyer, because demand is low.
Blah blah blah. I don't try to be rude here, I am just bored reading the same poem again and again and again. Not just from you. For many years now.
In any case I edited my previous post where I gave you a link to Amazon and Avengers Endgame. DVD costs less than FullHD that costs less than 4K. So, yeah, thanks for that TV example. It was perfect.
More and more games even started to include RT elements, like Avatar for example, which funny enough was AMD sponsored but ran much worse than Nvidia because of forced RT elements.
Nvidia sponsored game where Radeon cards underperform. Conclusion: Radeon cards are crap.
AMD sponsored game where Radeon cards perform rather well. Conclusion: AMD payed devs to sabotage Nvidia cards.
AMD sponsored game where Nvidia cards perform rather well. Conclusion: "hahaha, Nvidia cards win on an AMD sponsored game"

I mean, there is NO WAY for you to not end up in a conclusion favoring the Nvidia narrative.

If you look at Steam HW Survey, the most popular AMD cards are many years old. The first 2 models mentioned are iGPUs and then RX580 has sub 1% marketshare, which is the most popular AMD dGPU. A mid-end card sold for 200 dollars 6 years ago, or 5 years but it was a 1:1 rebrand of RX 480 that launched in 2016...
Look my previous post about mentality that drives us to a monopoly in the GPU market, if we are not already there.

Like Immortals of Aveum? AMD sponsored game. So gooood.
I guess in your world only two games exist. Immortals of Aveum and CP2077.

las

System Name Meh
Processor 7800X3D
Audio Device(s) FiiO DAC
Blah blah blah. I don't try to be rude here, I am just bored reading the same poem again and again and again. Not just from you. For many years now.
In any case I edited my previous post where I gave you a link to Amazon and Avengers Endgame. DVD costs less than FullHD that costs less than 4K. So, yeah, thanks for that TV example. It was perfect.

Nvidia sponsored game where Radeon cards underperform. Conclusion: Radeon cards are crap.
AMD sponsored game where Radeon cards perform rather well. Conclusion: AMD payed devs to sabotage Nvidia cards.
AMD sponsored game where Nvidia cards perform rather well. Conclusion: "hahaha, Nvidia cards win on an AMD sponsored game"

I mean, there is NO WAY for you to not end up in a conclusion favoring the Nvidia narrative.

Look my previous post about mentality that drives us to a monopoly in the GPU market, if we are not already there.

I guess in your world only two games exist. Immortals of Aveum and CP2077.
Its just reality. Accept it, instead of denying it. AMD is doing worse than ever in the dGPU segment:

Audio Device(s) onboard
Display(s) AOC AG275QXN
Mouse Logitech G102
VR HMD -
Software Windows 10 22H2
Regarding native AA, upscaling and frame generation @AusWolf has written what I was about to say, so I won't repeat it.

As far as "9 out of 10 PC gamers" goes, lot's of them are people who buy pre-builts and couldn't care less. Strangely enough, in queries on various tech channels (Hardware Unboxed or Daniel Owen among others) the split is closer to 30/70.

las

System Name Meh
Processor 7800X3D
Audio Device(s) FiiO DAC
I haven't seen a single case when an upscaled image looked better than native. DLAA is an entirely different matter.

When does frame gen work, honestly? At high base FPS, you don't need it, and at low base FPS, it doesn't work.

I have. Many times. Why? Because DLSS has built in AA and sharpening.

AMD users simply can't fathom this, because FSR is not improving on native and pretty much only works "well" for 4K/UHD.

Regarding native AA, upscaling and frame generation @AusWolf has written what I was about to say, so I won't repeat it.

As far as "9 out of 10 PC gamers" go, lot's of them are people who buy pre-builts and couldn't care less. Strangely enough, in queries on various tech channels (Hardware Unboxed or Daniel Owen among others) the split is closer to 30/70.
Keep dreaming.

Even on Steam HW Survey its like 90/10 in favor of Nvidia and thats including iGPUs from AMD.

Go watch your AMD fanboy channels instead of looking at reality, could not care less really. Everyone knows AMD GPUs are doing terrible.

Audio Device(s) onboard
As far as "9 out of 10 PC gamers" go, lot's of them are people who buy pre-builts and couldn't care less. Strangely enough, in queries on various tech channels (Hardware Unboxed or Daniel Owen among others) the split is closer to 30/70.
It's closer to the opposite, like 9 out of 10 don't really care much about framerates and extra visuals. Just to play the game. As you said, people with pre builds, where a system with a GT 1030 is advertised as gaming, or people on Intel integrated graphics, or people with anything lower than a 3060/6650 will just go and play the game. People with consoles, people with handhelds, people running laptops. They are a much much wider audience than those reading GPU reviews.

Display(s) AOC AG275QXN
Mouse Logitech G102
VR HMD -
Software Windows 10 22H2
I'm not a fanboy at all, I really don't care what card others use and if they're happy or not. I would gladly buy a 4070 instead of my 6800 XT for energy efficiency, but in the end it's much more expensive, slower and has less VRAM. I'll swallow a slightly higher electricity bill.
If you're so excited about FG - what is the NVIDIA equivalent for AFMF and what is the FG solution for a 2,000 USD 3090 Ti?

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar b650m wifi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 30CL6000
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Lian Li A3 mATX White
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W11 IoT Enterprise LTSC
I wouldn't go that far, but it's certainly not a bad game. It's one of those that you have to let come to you instead of you trying to force something out of.

It's the small details that make it good, imo. The ridiculous posters and billboards (sex ads), the heavily populated, but still lifeless city, the ease of making acquaintances, but the difficulty of forming meaningful relationships, the massive, but still meaningless gap between rich and poor, etc. It's uncanny how much it has in common with modern city life. Kind of reminds me of the movie Idiocracy, just in a less humorous way.

To be honest, I've never felt the appeal of GTA. "Thug life" isn't something I find aspirational to play in a game with, and blowing up random stolen cars and killing civilians for no reason aren't my cup of tea, either.
I think its really that part of the immersion that, and I agree fully, is done so well that makes me expect and want more of it. Visually, its immersive AF. If it had more options for interaction with the world though, that would have added a lot to those immersive qualities and would make it more than a walking simulator with some action here and there. It kinda irks me that so much time and energy was invested in making such a world and then doing so little with it in terms of gameplay.

I've taken it all in, a good 200 odd hours of it in various versions of the game, I've finished the game several times and the expansion too.

Implementing FSR FG properly can't be that hard if a modder can do it. I have Uniscaler and in all games I used it on (CP2077, Witcher 3, Robocop, Callisto Protocol, AlanWake2) it worked perfectly. With smooth frametimes, with VRR working. I don't think studios don't have talented devs so I must assume other reasons why it's not properly implemented.
I have 7900XTX, didn't went for 4080 as it was 200$ more, I don't feel like im missing features, just too bad that RDNA4 won't be high end as I will have to go with nvidia.

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
what is the NVIDIA equivalent for AFMF and what is the FG solution for a 2,000 USD 3090 Ti
You want Nvidia to just give out features for free instead of milking their almost fanatical user base, ha. Don't think so.

System Name Nebulon B
Software Windows 10 Pro
I think its really that part of the immersion that, and I agree fully, is done so well that makes me expect and want more of it. Visually, its immersive AF. If it had more options for interaction with the world though, that would have added a lot to those immersive qualities and would make it more than a walking simulator with some action here and there. It kinda irks me that so much time and energy was invested in making such a world and then doing so little with it in terms of gameplay.

I've taken it all in, a good 200 odd hours of it in various versions of the game, I've finished the game several times and the expansion too.
Fair point. A walking simulator with some action here and there suits my play style perfectly. It's great that we all enjoy different things differently. :)