• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Modified driver for X-Fi Titanium series sound cards XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0019

My gosh, i didnt dig so deep to use this utility, i heard that people use it for GPU mostly.
So to see what happened with IRQ i need to uninstall drivers fully and install them without switching off PC. What i should see exactly? I will attach screens.

Also maybe i missed something about decoding understandings.
I have default ALC4080 , MPC player with passthu sound mode, ALC4080 optical out connected directly to Amazon echo studio optical IN. Playing 5.1 video file - everything works and pure signal without volume control transfered to my speaker as expected. I dont need to switch anything on off to work.
Player AC3 5.1 -> Toslink out -> Toslink in -Echo studio Speaker 5.1 OK

Now i am trying to do the same with XFi titanium - and the only thing i heard FL FR LS RS - no center no sub, however no volume control and no DSP works - means that sound passing thru. My question - so why its doesnt work by default fully? The option DD and DTS in XFi drivers - what is it?
Player AC3 5.1 -> [Something prevent passthru until DD option chosen] -> Toslink out -> Toslink In - Echo studio Speaker 5.1 Not OK

I totally confused. Because if i watch movies DD and DTS - i should always switch these options to have sound? So ALC4080 working with DD DTS on hardware level and Titanium like with software crutch?

I remember enthusiastic people who unlocked DTS and DD options too on Realtek, because my ALC4080 also has only 2 channels options with SPDIF. But why its works correctly with pass-through and Titanium works strange and need to enable DD manually for pass through AC3 5.1?

Might try enabling bass redirect or Play Stereo Mix in the audio console
No this is all about downsampled 5.1 signal for stereo systems and transfer via toslink as stereo. I wanna just pass through AC3 without processing to my speaker

I wanna just pass through AC3 without processing to my speaker
Through DTS interactive there is also no center and sub? After searching for information on the Internet, I realized that the card works in a multi-channel with AC3 only through DDL\DTS and devices that are equipped with decoders of these standards. For example, receivers, it is unlikely that a smart speaker has these decoders.

I understand that its hard to believe but this speaker actually supports 5.1 DD via Toslink. However DTS not - i hear only hiss digital noise - means that passthru actually works.
I think i got the difference between these options. And what i can say - that ALC4080 and XFI must pass through AC3 without any issues. The extra option DD and DTS only for games which cant send pass through signal to SPDIF, and driver takes this sound 5.1 and help to transfer via toslink. Again - video player with pss through enabled filter doesnt need normally these options. However we see that titanium not able to pass thru normally center and sub. By the way - with default windows hd driver from windows update - its also lack of these channels , moreover as i said there are some digital distortions happens which disappear after installing your driver.

For further experiment i will try to test same with soundbar with optical IN and which supports all known formats include dts.

Again - video player with pss through enabled filter doesnt need normally these options. However we see that titanium not able to pass thru normally center and sub. By the way - with default windows hd driver from windows update - its also lack of these channels , moreover as i said there are some digital distortions happens which disappear after installing your driver.
Maybe try driver 2.17.008? There was a theory above that 2.40 does not behave correctly with the SB0880 card via SPDIF

okay i will. But can anybody confirm that default pass thru 5.1 via toslink not working correctly like in my case? Do you have XFi Ti? DD and DTS must be turned off , use VLC with audio passthru enabled , 5.1 ac3 test video. It should not play center and sub

There is also driver version 2.40.0008. Fixed lack of sound in Win10\Win11, fixed autosaving of settings after reboot, EAX works correctly in old games.

There is also driver version 2.40.0008. Fixed lack of sound in Win10\Win11, fixed autosaving of settings after reboot, EAX works correctly in old games.
can you fix the Daniel driver settings not saving ? then everything work there

@Antes533 i didnt get should i use 2.40_19 Mod archive or official?
Also you didnt explain what i should see with MSI Mod Utility V3 ?
2.40.0008 where is it?

Where i can see all available archives?

Do you have also automatic creative cleanup utility cuz i tired to wipe everything manually - i think i have a mess now in my PC:laugh:

Here is my IRQ for X-Fi - there is no any acceleration - all default.

UPD! : Well guys i found issue of BSODs for my MSI Z590 gaming carbon and X-Fi Titanium.
Despite of Fastboot and MSI Fastboot disabled there is a one more "FAST" option -
MEMORY FAST BOOT ENABLED = BSOD every boot from PC S5 (OFF) mode.
Auto-Enabled-Disabled-No training-Slow training.
I set up DISABLED - and BSOD gone. You can also set up No Training to speedup boot cause this also initiate RAM every boot too.

UPD2: And yes - its also doesnt like XMP memory overclocked profiles - also BSOD - so i disabled it for test too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_10.jpg
    Screenshot_10.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Version 2.40.0008 has not been released to the public yet. The reason I chose this version is that it is the latest version without an error in the ha20k22.sys code (I don't have the source code for this block, so it is impossible to fix anything there). The error is that starting with version 2.40.0011, the creative broke buffering in OpenAL. Therefore, in version 2.40.0008, I only had to fix the loss of sound and autosave... the driver now works as it should 100%. As for Daniel's driver, all my settings are saved perfectly, but it is absolutely not suitable for my card... because this is a driver for the gigabyte assassin g1 motherboard and the functionality is very limited.

Version 2.40.0008 has not been released to the public yet. The reason I chose this version is that it is the latest version without an error in the ha20k22.sys code (I don't have the source code for this block, so it is impossible to fix anything there). The error is that starting with version 2.40.0011, the creative broke buffering in OpenAL. Therefore, in version 2.40.0008, I only had to fix the loss of sound and autosave... the driver now works as it should 100%. As for Daniel's driver, all my settings are saved perfectly, but it is absolutely not suitable for my card... because this is a driver for the gigabyte assassin g1 motherboard and the functionality is very limited.
we need a fix for SPDIF.
@clawhamer you can take the Daniel files of the SPDIF fix and replace it with the modified driver 2.40.008 this should fix the SPDIF and just use this

Well guys, after some success starts i got bsod again, i stopped fighting and will try SB Z model instead.

RetroPC

Hi, I have one X-Fi Titanium Fatality and I have downloaded the version "2.17.0008C" to test, but when I run the setup nothing happens... I am using windows 10 22H2 fresh install without any update (no antivirus, defender and automatic updates disabled).
------------------------------------
EDIT:
Right now I'm using the drivers "XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0019_Oficial driver pack" and at the moment they work well, although I haven't tested them thoroughly yet, I remember that the official drivers had problems with OpenAL games, for example in Mass Effect it gradually lost sound channels and had BSOD, saludos!

Last edited:
Hi, recently i was able to get my hands on the creative X-Fi Titantium SB0880. Currently, im running windows 10. i was wondering what drivers i could install to get the sound card working as ive heard several opinions on its support by the devs.. Can someone help me out?
Thanks

RetroPC

Hi, recently i was able to get my hands on the creative X-Fi Titantium SB0880. Currently, im running windows 10. i was wondering what drivers i could install to get the sound card working as ive heard several opinions on its support by the devs.. Can someone help me out?
Thanks

Try these drivers first:
Updated the components of all creative software, fixed a bug when switching the reference frequency in audio creation mode. I re-uploaded the package with the official driver.

It seems that the best version for titanium cards is 2.17.0008C but it does not install on my PC for some reason... saludos!

Last edited:
When I run the setup nothing happens... I am using windows 10 22H2 fresh install without any update (no antivirus, defender and automatic updates disabled).
Try it now, the driver has been re-uploaded. Also, before installing, disable digital signature verification... perhaps by cutting out the defender you have disrupted the display of the warning pop-up window.

Last edited:

RetroPC

Try it now, the driver has been re-uploaded. Also, before installing, disable digital signature verification... perhaps by cutting out the defender you have disrupted the display of the warning pop-up window.
Thanks! I have re-downloaded the new driver, I disabled the "Disable driver signature enforcement” and it doesn't work either, I double click on setup.exe and nothing happens... maybe the executable is not compatible with the Windows version? saludos!

Thanks! I have re-downloaded the new driver, I disabled the "Disable driver signature enforcement” and it doesn't work either, I double click on setup.exe and nothing happens... maybe the executable is not compatible with the Windows version? saludos!
I just installed it myself without any problems. Try installing directly from the Driverswin10 folder.
I have Win10\22H2 and Win11\23H2 on board... installed on both systems without problems.

Last edited:

RetroPC

I just installed it myself without any problems. Try installing directly from the Driverswin10 folder.
I have Win10\22H2 and Win11\23H2 on board... installed on both systems without problems.
I can't install any executable that's inside the folders, it's strange because it hasn't happened to me before with any driver.... Windows simply refuses to run it.

My PC Specs:
Core i7 4770K
MSI Z87 GD65
16GB RAM DDR3 2133MHz
Geforce GTX 1070
Win10 22H2 "Vanilla" (Legacy Mode | No updates) [DefenderControl v2.1 & WindowsUpdateBlocker v1.8] (to disable Windows Defender and Windows Updates)

Last edited: