• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Core Ultra Arrow Lake Preview

My biggest take away from the whole slide deck: Intel used the word ‘PAR’ almost as much as ‘AI’.

I guess Intel’s marketing department has a few golf fans.

Edit: Also I’m enjoying reading everyone’s interpretation of that crazy slide from impossible linear performance increases with power to the same performance at each power level to provide bonus winter heat. Lol!

This slide looks good:

View attachment 366967

Intel more energy efficient than AMD? Honestly hard to believe.

Speaking about energy savings, I wonder why they did not post the values for each of these games:

View attachment 366968
Especially considering that AMD hits a ceiling at about 150W or so and barely scales above it. Furthermore, at lower power levels the scale should be getting close to vertical.
It's quite well known that Intel scales a lot further with power, but the slides seem to imply that the 14900K and 9950X have a similar power/performance curve which is just wrong.

System Name His & Hers
Processor R7 5800X/ R7 7950X3D Stock
Motherboard X670E Aorus Pro X/ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
Cooling Corsair h150 elite/ Corsair h115i Platinum
Memory Trident Z5 Neo 6000/ 32 GB 3200 CL14 @3800 CL16 Team T Force Nighthawk
Video Card(s) Evga FTW 3 Ultra 3080ti/ Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090
Storage lots of SSD.
Display(s) A whole bunch OLED, VA, IPS.....
Case 011 Dynamic XL/ Phanteks Evolv X
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro + gaming Dac/ Corsair sp 2500/ Logitech G560/Samsung Q990B
Power Supply Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 1000w/850w
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed/ Logitech G Pro Hero.
Keyboard Logitech - G915 LIGHTSPEED / Logitech G Pro
Which? And what are you targeting?

Pretty much all of them can be currently in parts. Although part of it is targeting 1440p 120+

But most recently the First Decendent can be pretty cpu limited in parts.

There are also older games like the Witcher 3 NG that crawl to 50-60fps in parts I'd love to see that improved.

I hit cpu limits in FF16 in parts as well.

1440p UW btw just for reference.

So almost everything I'm currently playing.

But honestly stuff not moving forward is dissappointing regardless and having essentially the same cpu gaming performance for the last few years and on top of that waiting another 18-24 months for a meaningful uplift sucks assuming it even comes.

I'm confused why people are ok with no progress though.

Processor Core i7-12700
Motherboard MSI B660 MAG Mortar
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 CL16 @ 3466 MT/s
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800
Storage Too many to list, lol
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Too many to list, lol
Keyboard Keychron low profile
Software Fedora, Mint
But I don't even know what it means. Three equal height bars with different numbers above them compared to an ON PAR baseline. WTF!
AMD's first party benchmark claims for Zen 5 = impossible to replicate
Intel's first party benchmark claims for Arrow Lake = impossible to understand

Can't wait to see the next stage in this emerging competition

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar b650m wifi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 30CL6000
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Lian Li A3 mATX White
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W11 IoT Enterprise LTSC
Pretty much all of them can be currently in parts. Although part of it is targeting 1440p 120+

Fair enough, and interesting, though yeah, it was already known the 4090 was pretty much a tie with all the best CPUs at its time already in terms of relative perf in gaming, I remember it necking even the review results.

As for being confused; I don't think people are ok with no progress, I think people just don't need much of it. Let's face it, even your use case still speaks of framerates way higher than the bottom line required for 'playable'. Witcher 3 NG... which does some of its graphics on the CPU if I'm correct... is a pretty edge case thing. Isn't the First Descendant online?

Also, I think people have been getting one reality check after another wrt 'performance increases'. Most notably with the latest Intel fiasco; every time we see excessive power figures causing trouble; so if then the architectural bounds aren't explored further, what progress is there to make? We're seeing Intel struggle. We're seeing AMD struggle. Apparently there's not much fruit left, and a lot has been picked in the last decade, too. Nothing's gonna keep giving forever.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Interesting how tables have turned. When Ryzen launched, it had better MT performance and worse gaming performance.

Also, no word on platform longetivy. Guess Arrow Lake's customers will be throwing their MB away after 1 or best case 2 generations.

Next.
Hey, if you believe the marketing lies, this current Intel socket has lasted THREE generations!
Just don't look too closely at the differences between 13th and 14th gen in case you become all cynical like I am ;)

System Name Planet Espresso
Processor 13700KF @ 5.4GHZ UV - 220W cap
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit EVO
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2TB WD SN850, 4TB WD SN850X
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case Jonsbo Z20
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard 65% HE Keyboard
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
Which? And what are you targeting?
100fps in Cyberpunk at 4K DLSS (no FG) im dropping to 60% gpu usage and full saturation on P cores, some on e - 70% CPU usage.

Same thing in remnant 2 - 90FPS mins, 120ish fps avg, and a bunch of other - single player titles. - BG3 is another one, but high fps in that one matters much less.

Basically at 80 FPS CPU bound the game feels kind of bad.

Kind of a waste to have a 4K 240Hz monitor and be running at 100FPS with gpu sitting at 60% at 4k.

System Name His & Hers
Storage lots of SSD.
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro + gaming Dac/ Corsair sp 2500/ Logitech G560/Samsung Q990B
Fair enough, and interesting, though yeah, it was already known the 4090 was pretty much a tie with all the best CPUs at its time already in terms of relative perf in gaming, I remember it necking even the review results.

As for being confused; I don't think people are ok with no progress, I think people just don't need much of it. Let's face it, even your use case still speaks of framerates way higher than the bottom line required for 'playable'. Witcher 3 NG... which does some of its graphics on the CPU if I'm correct... is a pretty edge case thing. Isn't the First Descendant online?

Also, I think people have been getting one reality check after another wrt 'performance increases'. Most notably with the latest Intel fiasco; every time we see excessive power figures causing trouble; so if then the architectural bounds aren't explored further, what progress is there to make? We're seeing Intel struggle. We're seeing AMD struggle. Apparently there's not much fruit left, and a lot has been picked in the last decade, too. Nothing's gonna keep giving forever.

I'm still concerned with the lack of progress we were getting decent gains from Zen+ all the way up to zen 4 on the gaming side mostly double digits and even Alderlake was a nice bump over skylake++++++/Rocketlake and now we got Zen5% and ARL negative 5%.....

Even if not everyone can take advantage of it more is still better and while i wasn't thinking this would be worlds better 10-15% would have been nice. It's never good when somthing new comes out and it can't even beat it's competition 7800X3D and it's predecessor 14900k/13900k at gaming....

I mean like with everything we have to wait for reviews but it isn't looking good for anyone that was hoping for somthing better than what we've had for a while now.

100fps in Cyberpunk at 4K DLSS (no FG) im dropping to 60% gpu usage and full saturation on P cores, some on e - 70% CPU usage.

Same thing in remnant 2 - 90FPS mins, 120ish fps avg, and a bunch of other - single player titles. - BG3 is another one, but high fps in that one matters much less.

Kind of a waste to have a 4K 240Hz monitor and be running at 100FPS with gpu sitting at 60% at 4k.

So much for a gaming monster #rip gaming performance.

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar b650m wifi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 30CL6000
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Lian Li A3 mATX White
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W11 IoT Enterprise LTSC

You're well above 60 FPS. High refresh was always a hard target, this isn't going to ever change. Games aren't optimized around it. This was true in 2000, in 2010, and in 2024.

240hz monitors... yeah. The industry has placed some nice carrots to chase for us gamers, eh. Nobody selling a monitor is promising you 240 FPS though. Commerce and its funny tricks :) Reflect on your situation now, you've been diving head first into top end hardware and the target to reach is always moving further away from you. And for what? Minute differences.

You cannot escape the mainstream performance targets. When it moves forward, we move forward. Everything else is wishful thinking. Its an economical impact on the gaming performance 'market', kind of. After all, if all games run at 60 fps just fine, less optimization is needed so that budget is spent elsewhere or pocketed altogether. Consoles don't run that 240 FPS target though, and neither does the overwhelming majority of gaming systems. It makes zero business sense to optimize for it; so what does hardware do for you there? It tries to brute force it. GL with that.

Last edited:
Case Jonsbo Z20
Audio Device(s) Yes
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard 65% HE Keyboard
Software Windows 11
240hz monitors... yeah. The industry has placed some nice carrots to chase for us gamers, eh. Nobody selling a monitor is promising you 240 FPS though. Commerce and its funny tricks :) Reflect on your situation now, you've been diving head first into top end hardware and the target to reach is always moving further away from you. And for what? Minute differences.
Yeah but the dive makes me unreasonably happy, and as do those moments when you hit that 200FPS+ average in a game at 4k and it's awesome.

The point is, CPU is holding back GPU much more than during the 3xxx series, where you had the 5800x and 10900K then the 12 series and 5800x3d. By contrast 2024 CPUS are kind of meh. GPUs have been gaining 40%+ per generation while with the exception of x3d on CPU we're sitting at +15-20% last gen, and now +5% or in Intel's case -1%.

When the 5 series comes out, the gap between high end GPU and high end CPU is going to be even bigger, no wonder nvidia is going to sandbag the 5080.

System Name His & Hers
Storage lots of SSD.
You're well above 60 FPS. High refresh was always a hard target, this isn't going to ever change. Games aren't optimized around it. This was true in 2000, in 2010, and in 2024.

You cannot escape the mainstream performance targets. When it moves forward, we move forward. Everything else is wishful thinking. Its an economical impact on the gaming performance 'market', kind of. After all, if all games run at 60 fps just fine, less optimization is needed so that budget is spent elsewhere or pocketed altogether. Consoles don't run that FPS though, and neither does the overwhelming majority of gaming systems.

I care less about the actual perfomance numbers regardless of if that mean 60-120-240 etc and more that each generation brings a meaningful uplift especially when real generations are now 2 years ish apart now we are in a scenario where it could be nearly a half decade before we get a meaningful gaming uplift over Zen4X3D and Raptorlake which still sucks regardless of who can or can't take advantage of it.

Yeah but the dive makes me unreasonably happy, and as do those moments when you hit that 200FPS+ average in a game at 4k and it's awesome.

The point is, CPU is holding back GPU much more than during the 3xxx series, where you had the 5800x and 10900K then the 12 series and 5800x3d. By contrast 2024 CPUS are, well, kind of meh. GPUs have been gaining 40%+ per generation while with the exception of x3d we're sitting at +20% last gen, and now +3%.

When the 5 series comes out it's probably going to be even worse.

I agree a lack of progress is the most concerning what numbers they actual hit not so much.

Processor Core i7-12700
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q
Software Fedora, Mint

I agree with your overall point, as well as @oxrufiioxo 's. I don't game much these days, but when I do the games tend towards CPU bottlenecks, strategy and so forth.

The Cyberpunk numbers seem off, though. You have a faster CPU than I do, and a much faster GPU. And you're running much faster memory. If I remove GPU bottlenecks, my FPS is usually well in excess of 100. A number of benchmarks appear to agree. Could this be another one of those fabled scheduling issues? I don't use Windows anymore, but Process Lasso seems very helpful to people who do.

I care less about the actual perfomance numbers regardless of if that mean 60-120-240 etc and more than each generation brings a meaningful uplift especially when real generations are now 2 years ish apart now we are in a scenario where it could be nearly a have decade before we get a meaningful gaming uplift over Zen4X3D and Raptorlake which still sucks regardless of who can or can't take advantage of it.
Yeah, it's disappointing in principle when tech stagnates. It's also disappointing in the long term. I don't actually care about whether Zen 5 or Arrow Lake is a worthwhile upgrade for me, today, but stagnation today usually means less in the way of worthwhile upgrades years down the line, to say nothing of value-for-money.

theodoraw

Bad naming, the gaming performance is the same with previous gen, nobody cares about this power consumption, gamers care about FPS, that's all that matters, hope AMD will focus on that.
Probably this new generation was also affected by that Vmin issue, patched it and cut performance, intel, no thank you!

Case Jonsbo Z20
Audio Device(s) Yes
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard 65% HE Keyboard
Software Windows 11
I agree with your overall point, as well as @oxrufiioxo 's. I don't game much these days, but when I do the games tend towards CPU bottlenecks, strategy and so forth.

The Cyberpunk numbers seem off, though. You have a faster CPU than I do, and a much faster GPU. And you're running much faster memory. If I remove GPU bottlenecks, my FPS is usually well in excess of 100. A number of benchmarks appear to agree. Could this be another one of those fabled scheduling issues? I don't use Windows anymore, but Process Lasso seems very helpful to people who do.
Im cherry picking the zones with alot of pedestrians (as you run around the game theres 3-4 of them) so this is in worst case, also I have my crowd density set to high, which is primarily what causes it.

My 1% lows in those zones are in the high 80's with averages in the 100s (nvidia performance monitor), when i walk away from that zone it goes to 168FPS avg and 130FPS min. I've just did a clean install of 24H2 so I don't think it's a scheduling issue. But if i ran like a average benchmark it would look better than that -- but your gaming experience is tied to the worst case scenario usually.

System Name His & Hers
Storage lots of SSD.

I haven't observed what he has as well but I've hit limits at 1440p uw in parts.

I think most of us are talking about the worse parts of games not the most performant areas. It's all about a more consistent experience moving those 0.1% and 1% lows up to the point that I don't even care about averages anymore it's all about the 1% lows to me.

People fixate too much on averages and I guess are ok with random drops in framerate due to cpu performance... I am not and try to eliminate it as much as possible. Maybe I'm just more sensitive to frametimes than most.

And just to be clear any statement I make are based on my own usecase alone everyone has to look at the numbers for themselves and decide how they feel about them... People love Zen5% good for them and I'm sure people like what they see here. I for one don't belong to either of those camps.

System Name Can it run Warhammer 3?
Processor 7800X3D @ 5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Enermax Liqmax III 360mm
Memory Teamgroup DDR5 CL30 6000Mhz 32GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 4090
Storage Silicon Power XS70, Corsair T700
Display(s) BenQ EX2710Q, BenQEX270M
Case NZXT H7 Flow
Audio Device(s) AudioTechnica M50xBT
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex III 850W
Thanks for the write-up W1zz.
Can you even get a good canned bench for SM2 and CS2? I mean... its all about assets on screen and in game logic. And isn't CS2 still a big pile of doodoo?
Yes CS2 is still doodoo lol. They added DLSS and it doesn't do much at all. It's still fun for an occasional playthrough.

I'd think you could make a standardized benchmark for both those. For CS2 you could just have a premade world save file that you load each time and benchmark off that. Hopefully a fairly busy world as the performance really starts chugging over 100k population.

Space Marine 2 might be harder. What about going to the same spot in an operation?

I'm sure W1zz will figure it out, and even if SM2 and CS2 aren't included we'll still have a clear picture of how the processors compare in games.

Here's a review test request: Please run the Ultra 5 at 65W so we can get a better feel for how it compares to the appropriate AMD parts as well as how a future non-K part will do.

Processor Core i7-12700
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q
Software Fedora, Mint
I haven't observed what he has as well but I've hit limits at 1440p uw in parts.

I think most of us are talking about the worse parts of games not the most performant areas. It's all about a more consistent experience moving those 0.1% and 1% lows up to the point that I don't even care about averages anymore it's all about the 1% lows to me.

People fixate too much on averages and I guess are ok with random drops in framerate due to cpu performance... I am not and try to eliminate it as much as possible. Maybe I'm just more sensitive to frametimes than most.

And just to be clear any statement I make are based on my own usecase alone everyone has to look at the numbers for themselves and decide how they feel about them... People love Zen5% good for them and I'm sure people like what they see here. I for one don't belong to either of those camps.
Absolutely agree. I locked the game to 80 fps for that very reason when I played it. Great experience, buttery smooth. I think my 0.1% lows were at like 76. But I also have a middling GPU and a 1440p monitor. Sure, real world performance won't match review benchmarks, but phanbuey's reporting an enormous disparity. The reviews I linked were from a guy who doesn't use canned benchmarks; he isn't cherry picking performant areas--he may not find the absolute worst-case scenario, but if he records a 1% low of 188 FPS on a 13700k, I'd expect drops below 100 to be exceedingly rare.

But this is off-topic. It just felt like phanbuey's specific problem might be fixable without a CPU upgrade.

Interesting how tables have turned. When Ryzen launched, it had better MT performance and worse gaming performance.

Also, no word on platform longetivy. Guess Arrow Lake's customers will be throwing their MB away after 1 or best case 2 generations.

Next.

Actually they didn't have worse gaming performance, it was neutral almost across the board while having higher MT performance and better efficiency. The hypocrisy is real when it comes to Intel fans.

It’ll be a one and done platform if I had to guess. Rumor mill seems to point at that too.

System Name Main PC
Processor I5 12400F
Motherboard MAG B660M MORTAR WIFI
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S
Memory Corsair Vengenance LPX 2x8 GB DDR4 3000 MHZ C16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2060 KO
Storage WD SN550 500GB M.2-2280 (Main drive)/ Crucial MX500 500 GB 2.5" SSD/ SanDisk Ultra 2 TB 2.5" SSD
Display(s) Main: AOC C24G1 24.0" 1920 x 1080 144 Hz 1ms, 2nd: AOC 24B2XH 23.8" 1920 x 1080 75 Hz
Case Fractal Design Pop Air
Audio Device(s) Razer Kraken 7.1
Power Supply Be quiet System Power 9 500 CM 500 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Corsair strafe (Cherry MX Silent)
Software Windows 10
Welp I guess Arrow Lake is going to be like Zen 5 with them focusing on efficiency, although to be fair Intel specially needs to improve their multi-threaded efficiency since they have been getting dropkicked in that area by AMD. Still going to wait for reviews anyways but to be honest I am not expecting anything special. Waiting patiently for the 9000X3D chips now to see if they're bring back good gaming improvements, otherwise for this gen both Intel and AMD are mediocre to be honest.

I was hoping they would at least mention something about Bartlett Lake since I am curious to see if they're going to try to backport the Lion Cove cores back into LGA1700.
Actually they didn't have worse gaming performance, it was neutral almost across the board while having higher MT performance and better efficiency. The hypocrisy is real when it comes to Intel fans.

I’ll be a one and done platform if I had to guess. Rumor mill seems to point at that too.
People were mostly angry due to the misleading marketing overhyping Zen 5 performance gains that were false, yea but sure AMD good Intel bad. Being a diehard fanboy for any company in general is cringe, quit it please.

System Name Jedi Survivor Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus TUF B650M Plus Wifi
Cooling ThermalRight CPU Cooler
Memory G.Skill 32GB DDR5-5600 CL28
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 10GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 990 Pro SSD
Display(s) MSI 32" 4K OLED 240hz Monitor
Case Asus Prime AP201
Power Supply FSP 1000W Platinum PSU
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Asus Mechanical Keyboard
The worst year for CPUs in 10 years? 9800X3D save us from this misery.

Intel managed to do Rocket Lake all over again. 4 x P core laptops and regressions in performance all over again.

Welcome to 11th gen.

Welp I guess Arrow Lake is going to be like Zen 5 with them focusing on efficiency, although to be fair Intel specially needs to improve their multi-threaded efficiency since they have been getting dropkicked in that area by AMD. Still going to wait for reviews anyways but to be honest I am not expecting anything special. Waiting patiently for the 9000X3D chips now to see if they're bring back good gaming improvements, otherwise for this gen both Intel and AMD are mediocre to be honest.

I was hoping they would at least mention something about Bartlett Lake since I am curious to see if they're going to try to backport the Lion Cove cores back into LGA1700.

People were mostly angry due to the misleading marketing overhyping Zen 5 performance gains that were false, yea but sure AMD good Intel bad. Being a diehard fanboy for any company in general is cringe, quit it please.

AMD had +2 percent game performance and Intel has -5. Really. Bad year. Nobody is being a fanboy except you here.

System Name ❶ Oooh (2024) ❷ Aaaah (2021) ❸ Ahemm (2017)
Processor ❶ 5800X3D ❷ i7-9700K ❸ i7-7700K
Motherboard ❶ X570-F ❷ Z390-E ❸ Z270-E
Cooling ❶ ALFIII 360 ❷ X62 + X72 (GPU mod) ❸ X62
Memory ❶ 32-3600/16 ❷ 32-3200/16 ❸ 16-3200/16
Video Card(s) ❶ 3080 X Trio ❷ 2080TI (AIOmod) ❸ 1080TI
Storage ❶ NVME/SSD/HDD ❷ <SAME ❸ SSD/HDD
Display(s) ❶ 1440/165/IPS ❷ 1440/144/IPS ❸ 1080/144/IPS
Case ❶ BQ Silent 601 ❷ Cors 465X ❸ Frac Mesh C
Audio Device(s) ❶ HyperX C2 ❷ HyperX C2 ❸ Logi G432
Power Supply ❶ HX1200 Plat ❷ RM750X ❸ EVGA 650W G2
Mouse ❶ Logi G Pro ❷ Razer Bas V3 ❸ Logi G502
Keyboard ❶ Logi G915 TKL ❷ Anne P2 ❸ Logi G610
Software ❶ Win 11 ❷ 10 ❸ 10
Benchmark Scores I have wrestled bandwidths, Tussled with voltages, Handcuffed Overclocks, Thrown Gigahertz in Jail

If they're content with no progress, they've completely lost their sense of direction.

Even if we're GPU limited nowadays, that's no excuse to slack off. If anything, it’s the perfect time to future-proof for all the wild and CPU-hungry mechanics coming our way. Tech should keep moving forward with faster and more efficient CPUs, giving devs the tools to create better, richer and more complex games. Who knows, maybe we’ll finally get those insane game mechanics or next-level physics that just weren’t possible before.... you know more ways to break stuff and make it look real/etc

The 9800X3D sounds GRRREAT but can't be the answer because it's way too expensive and most gamers won’t go for it. We need 'progress' across the board with better gaming CPUs at all price points. That'll drive improvements with developers having the incentive to push those untouched heavier boundaries.

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
I cannot wait for this. Give me that Asrock OCF, 265K, And teamgroup xtreem 48gb ddr5 8200.

Looks like socket still has similar questionable design choise as seen previously.
Really disappointing Intel didn't even completely fix the socket bending issue despite changing the socket.

It’ll be a one and done platform if I had to guess. Rumor mill seems to point at that too.
If there's only going to be one gen for Z890 then thats pretty bad, especially given how expensive boards are, I know Intel fans love to dismiss socket longevity but not even a CPU refresh is really bad.

Me quit it? Sorry I pointed out the massive double standards people generally have on TPU when it comes to Intel. I don’t care to promote or fall on the sword for any company. The only “cringe” thing is the obvious stark difference between general trending comments between the two releases.