• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AAF Optimus DCH Audio Modded Driver for Windows 10/11 - For ALL HDAUDIO Enumerator Chips

beansoup

@AAF Optimus Sorry to bother you Alan, I did post this in the Realtek thread but haven't received answers yet. I tried the Universal mod and it works but audio is weak and there are distortion problems in call (apparently Razer's old dolby driver looks like it has more power/clarity compared to the Universal mod or maybe is my fault not configuring it properly).

I would love to have the Realtek mod working to test it out, can you check my Hardware IDs on the linked post above?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reuploading File...Done!

• Dolby Atmos For Gaming replaced by Dolby Atmos Speaker System For Gaming
  • Dolby Atmos Speaker System For Gaming: presets updated (More details by clicking on the app's "About" button)
  • Dolby Digital files updated
  • Dolby Digital INF updated
  • Dolby Atmos Speaker System For Gaming, updated and customized presets and Dolby Digital files and partial information: Special Thanks to @AudiophiIe
1651635676505.png

Hi Alan! Thanks again for your response and hardwork! :D I finally figured out whats the problem. It seems without the realtek control panel it cannot detect that i have headphones plugged in, only read them as speakers. With this previous version of your mod (which have the realtek drivers also) i could finally make it work with the headphones profile. The difference is AMAZING! How can i do this with your new version? It seems you have realtek and modded HRTF like Dolby in diferent packages. This is a version for realtek, not the ones using the new Universal Generic HD.

Renato84

Hi from Florianópolis. I have an Asus Z690 board with a "Realtek ALC897 / 887" runnning Win11. Can I use your drivers to enable Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect (Interactive?) to output a 5.1 configuration in real-time via SPDIF to my receiver, like I do with my PS4 on the same receiver?

System Name Ghost Spectre Asus ROG Z390F Gaming
Processor Intel Core i3 9100F
Motherboard ASUS ROG Z390 F Gaming
Cooling Corsair LL120 RGB LED PWM Fan's
Memory 32GB 3200er CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB
Video Card(s) Geforce GTX ****
Storage Seagate Barracuda and Sandisk SSD combinated RAID 0 Striping
Display(s) Two Samsung Displays (1 Digital Tv and 1 older Analog 2ms gaming Monitor) + Smart Tv
Case Rare Oldschool NZXT LED Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) Creative IRoar Rock with Subwoofer & Logitech Z906
Mouse Hyrican RGB Set
Keyboard Hyrican RGB Set
Software Ghost Spectre's Modded Windows 11 & much more stuff
Benchmark Scores Not tested yet
Hi from Florianópolis. I have an Asus Z690 board with a "Realtek ALC897 / 887" runnning Win11. Can I use your drivers to enable Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect (Interactive?) to output a 5.1 configuration in real-time via SPDIF to my receiver, like I do with my PS4 on the same receiver?
yes

@AAF Optimus Sorry to bother you Alan, I did post this in the Realtek thread but haven't received answers yet. I tried the Universal mod and it works but audio is weak and there are distortion problems in call (apparently Razer's old dolby driver looks like it has more power/clarity compared to the Universal mod or maybe is my fault not configuring it properly).

I would love to have the Realtek mod working to test it out, can you check my Hardware IDs on the linked post above?

Thanks!
Hi mate! In fact, the universal mod its configured by default for speakers and not headphones it seems. I have distortion in DTS and Dolby with the universal mod but with an older version based in realtek drivers, i have perfect sound and clarity using both. I got lucky and didnt delete them because i cant seem to find any working link to download them again. @AAF Optimus could you provide a version with realtek drivers again? Or at least the last one you did before changing to universal. The universal have distortion in the audio compared to realtek ones. Or at least figure out what is the problem in the universal pack that sounds so different. Thanks again for your great work! Currently enjoying the DTS version in the realtek ones. I spend about 2 weeks testing before i could realize the differences in this versions.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Wait, this is meant to enable DD/DTS encoding on all generic sound card drivers?

I'm impressed

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
Wait, this is meant to enable DD/DTS encoding on all generic sound card drivers?
Even in HDMI outputs, but for now, in this package I only have Dolby Digital.

I'm impressed
Reuploading File...Done!

• A-Volute files updated to version 4.8.1.0
  • Dolby files updated to version 3.30304.345.0
  • Dolby Atmos Speaker System For Gaming: Headphone Default Presets XML Files fixed. (With the Headphone plugged into the P2 port, open the Dolby app, click on the headphone icon in the upper right corner and you will see that the presets are now present) (XML Files provided by @AudiophiIe)
  • DTS:X Ultra enhancement fixed.
  • Minor and important changes and bugfixes in installer program.

DTS:X Ultra

DTS X Ultra.jpg

DTS Sound Unbound

DTS SU.jpg

ATTENTION: Don't forget to check for residues of previous packages using DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark) or other equivalent app, before installing this package.
Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "AAF Optimus", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Last edited:
System Name Dell G3-3590-A30P
Processor Core i7-9750H
Memory 8gb
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti Max-Q
Storage Ssd 128gb + Hd 1Tb
Display(s) 15
Software Windows 10
Hi, I would like your help if possible.
I have a Dell G3 3590 that is connected to my Samsung Ru7100 tv via an hdmi cable, I bought the Dolby Access application but I can't configure it on the television.
A TV support Dolby Atmos, in the setting where it says Dolby Atmos for home theater does not appear the option to select in the windows audio settings, only Dolby Atmos for headphones or Windows Sonic appears.
How do I enable this home theater option to configure the tv? I read on the official Dolby website that when installing the app this driver should be installed, but I reinstalled the app and it didn't work.

Attachments

• dolby 2.jpg
    dolby 2.jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 228
  • dolby.png
    dolby.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 228

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
The installer has a tickbox for dolby digital DEcoding, not ENcoding. Typo?

AAF Optimus

Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
The installer has a tickbox for dolby digital DEcoding, not ENcoding. Typo?
Yes. I was unsure about the correct names, but it provides 5.1 for the digital audio endpoints.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Yes. I was unsure about the correct names, but it provides 5.1 for the digital audio endpoints.
If its turning other audio into dolgy digital/DTS for a sound system to decode, it should be labelled encode in that tickbox

(We already have decoding, via software)

DTS:X Ultra is working fine now, thanks.
If i select DTS Ultra in the Spatial Audio settings nothing is changed even switching between modes, but if i choose "deactivated" there, and just open the app and use it, it works.

Last edited:
Display(s) Two Samsung Displays (1 Digital Tv and 1 older Analog 2ms gaming Monitor) + Smart Tv
Mouse Hyrican RGB Set
Keyboard Hyrican RGB Set
Hi mate! In fact, the universal mod its configured by default for speakers and not headphones it seems. I have distortion in DTS and Dolby with the universal mod but with an older version based in realtek drivers, i have perfect sound and clarity using both. I got lucky and didnt delete them because i cant seem to find any working link to download them again. @AAF Optimus could you provide a version with realtek drivers again? Or at least the last one you did before changing to universal. The universal have distortion in the audio compared to realtek ones. Or at least figure out what is the problem in the universal pack that sounds so different. Thanks again for your great work! Currently enjoying the DTS version in the realtek ones. I spend about 2 weeks testing before i could realize the differences in this versions.
@gabsvm
Realtek DCH Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Including Realtek USB Audio Devices | TechPowerUp Forums
What about this?
Note;
If you want to use any files from the Universal driver package in the Realtek package, you can also simply pack them into the respective assigned directory after installing the Realtek driver.
Note2;
If you want to add files from the Realtek package to the installed universal package, this is also possible except for the file "rtkhdaud.dat", this should never exist in a mod package without "Realtek Audio Driver", otherwise you will definitely get a "bluescreen"

Last edited:
in my opinion this version works better for me than the version based on realtek drivers
my microphone sounds louder and picks up more sound. on realtek sometimes I get some crackling when i speak,I try to fix but no lucky
sometimes I miss the realtek panel to switch between headphones and speakers, is there something similar that I can use?

AAF Optimus

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
in my opinion this version works better for me than the version based on realtek drivers
Dude, I think the same way. Because each manufacturer imposes its operating policy on Realtek chips, it is often difficult to handle it for perfect operation, or even a specific feature requested by a user, often, not being able to be activated because of these limitations.

Dude, I think the same way. Because each manufacturer imposes its operating policy on Realtek chips, it is often difficult to handle it for perfect operation, or even a specific feature requested by a user, often, not being able to be activated because of these limitations.
Hi Alan me again, is there any way to activate "Stereo Mix" because I don't see it or maybe I need install a virtual cable ?

Attachments

• stereomix.jpg
    stereomix.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 138
my microphone sounds louder and picks up more sound. on realtek sometimes I get some crackling when i speak,I try to fix but no lucky
sometimes I miss the realtek panel to switch between headphones and speakers, is there something similar that I can use?
I agree with you but with other reason:
For me the DTS:X Ultra and Dolby Atmos for Gaming for Realtek doesn't apply any effects by switching modes(DTS Ultra), or the app doesn't even open (Atmos for gaming), but with this other driver based on Microsoft Generic driver both apps and everything else works perfectly fine!

Dillusional

Hello, it seems like dolby atmos and dts x ultra are not working for me, first time installing it i did get a dolby atmos app but it didnt detect my headphones so i uninstalled it and aaf to try and reinstall it but now theres no dolby atmos app even after reinstalling, i have tried reinstalling multiple times to no available

@gabsvm
Realtek DCH Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Including Realtek USB Audio Devices | TechPowerUp Forums
What about this?
Note;
If you want to use any files from the Universal driver package in the Realtek package, you can also simply pack them into the respective assigned directory after installing the Realtek driver.
Note2;
If you want to add files from the Realtek package to the installed universal package, this is also possible except for the file "rtkhdaud.dat", this should never exist in a mod package without "Realtek Audio Driver", otherwise you will definitely get a "bluescreen"
Hi friends! In fact i was wrong, sorry for the misleading info in my previous posts.. The universal HD mod in fact works better for everything, i notice the only problem was the dolby atmos app not detecting headphones or not having the headphones profiles. But DTS and other apps works flawless compared to the realtek ones. All games now are using DTS Headphone X. With realtek ones was a hit or miss with various games, even in the latest version published at the moment, Have to test this new one Universal HD with the headphones profiles fixed yet. Already got installed installed Nahimic and DTS Sound Unbound. Nahimic blew my mind, to my ears the effects are very good and didnt distort the original audio in any way in games and movies. But this HD version only have stereo on my realtek chip. The realtek one let me configure 5.1, so i cannot use Nahimic to get a TRUE surround effect in the games that dont support to choose the channel configuration. There is any way to get the 5.1 capabilities with the HD universal version? The latest one have the option? Really want to try out Nahimic this way. But so far, GREAT work Alan! Is a have money right now to donate i would do it gladly. I assure you will do in the future, very happy with this mods :D Leaving the version i have installed right now. BTW, a little off topic. I was testing a realtek mod version for Creative X-Fi MB3. Really good software. i like it a lot with its effects putting windows into 5.1 and using SBX surround. Only have a couple of problems. They are not whql signed (this dont botter me much, im not playing anything with anticheat right now) and i have i kind of left/right unbalance in my headphones using that mod, after a while my left ear felt numb and uncomfortable, like that side have more volume or more pronounce effects than the other side. This doesn't happen using this universal mod with DTS or Dolby. I wonder if the culprit are the modded realtek drivers used in that case. If anyone know something about it or need the github link from the mod i will kindly share it. The sbx mod in the @AAF Optimus do not let me put 5.1 and do surround in my headphones like the X-Fi MB3 mod, is a shame. I supposed the app is very limited regarding this.

Attachments

• 1653081529047.png
    1653081529047.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 115

AAF Optimus

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Hi friends! In fact i was wrong, sorry for the misleading info in my previous posts.. The universal HD mod in fact works better for everything, i notice the only problem was the dolby atmos app not detecting headphones or not having the headphones profiles. But DTS and other apps works flawless compared to the realtek ones. All games now are using DTS Headphone X. With realtek ones was a hit or miss with various games, even in the latest version published at the moment, Have to test this new one Universal HD with the headphones profiles fixed yet. Already got installed installed Nahimic and DTS Sound Unbound. Nahimic blew my mind, to my ears the effects are very good and didnt distort the original audio in any way in games and movies. But this HD version only have stereo on my realtek chip. The realtek one let me configure 5.1, so i cannot use Nahimic to get a TRUE surround effect in the games that dont support to choose the channel configuration. There is any way to get the 5.1 capabilities with the HD universal version? The latest one have the option? Really want to try out Nahimic this way. But so far, GREAT work Alan! Is a have money right now to donate i would do it gladly. I assure you will do in the future, very happy with this mods :D Leaving the version i have installed right now. BTW, a little off topic. I was testing a realtek mod version for Creative X-Fi MB3. Really good software. i like it a lot with its effects putting windows into 5.1 and using SBX surround. Only have a couple of problems. They are not whql signed (this dont botter me much, im not playing anything with anticheat right now) and i have i kind of left/right unbalance in my headphones using that mod, after a while my left ear felt numb and uncomfortable, like that side have more volume or more pronounce effects than the other side. This doesn't happen using this universal mod with DTS or Dolby. I wonder if the culprit are the modded realtek drivers used in that case. If anyone know something about it or need the github link from the mod i will kindly share it. The sbx mod in the @AAF Optimus do not let me put 5.1 and do surround in my headphones like the X-Fi MB3 mod, is a shame. I supposed the app is very limited regarding this.
If you are looking for the 5.1 configuration for Speakers, you need to go to the sound icon in the system tray, click on Sounds > Playback, select the Speaker device and click Configure.

At least until I can integrate some tool that streamlines the process.

If you are looking for the 5.1 configuration for Speakers, you need to go to the sound icon in the system tray, click on Sounds > Playback, select the Speaker device and click Configure.

At least until I can integrate some tool that streamlines the process.
I know where to change it. Without the realtek drivers, it only shows stereo, thats what i was talking about. I think i solved the problem i mention with the X-fi MB3. I found a old thread with your shared folder of mods. @alanfox2000, i suppose its you too. I installed the desktop version of Realtek drivers from a MB5 mod you have there, a chinese version it seems from the setup language. Them installed the X-Fi MB3 i was using and the problem with the unbalanced audio channels seems to be fixed. My chip is ALC662, very old. I suppose dont work very well with the UWP realtek drivers? Playing some old Max Payne 2 activating EAX with Alchemy, all seems to work fine :D There is any way to make this work with your whql driver from current packs @AAF Optimus ?
1653087413555.png

Alan unfortunately I had to go back to the realtek mod to recover "Stereo Mix" :(

AAF Optimus

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Reuploading File...Done!

• Endpoint Device Names changed.
  • All XML Files signed.
  • Bugfixes in Installer Program.

Mouse Hyrican RGB Set
Keyboard Hyrican RGB Set
Well done Alan ;):love:

Thanks Alan, so glad I came to check for a new version before In stalling the one I had. Will get back here with results (previous seemed to have worked when I had AMD BUS still installed).