• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS DCH Driver for Realtek HDA [DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive]

They work on Win11, its just the FX Config that might not run on Win11. You just edit the files replacing {DEVICE-ID} with the one you get from FX Config, the alternative is the screenshot I provided.

Copy that to notepad, the highlighted bit is the GUID.

Also make sure you install C++ with Win11.

====

What device are you trying to add DTS-Realtek to? You may need some extra steps if its not HDA.

====

If you are missing the Realtek startup task (rare), you can simply add it with a .reg file.

Task.png

Attachments

• Start Task.zip
    371 bytes · Views: 19
Last edited:
Post 1 updated slightly, added a note about Windows extract and files, added an image of SPDIF with 6 channel PCM mode and DTS Interactive, full multichannel mode.
I suggest 7-Zip, its free, widely used and supported, you can also right click and run its file manager as admin, and gain access to 'certain' folders.

7zip.png

You can also setup the context and file formats as admin.

----

Additional guide for expanding DTS-Realtek to another device, in most cases if its speaker-headphones it will show in the Realtek app.

If you would like to expand DTS-Realtek to another device, use 'DTS Settings' (Settings and Utility). You may also need the additional registry guide below:
Usage: Edit the relevant .reg file, replacing {DEVICE-ID} with your chosen endpoint in both locations, save, double click, restart.

View attachment 344903

====

Note, when I specify Realtek, you will be looking for DTS DCH instead with this driver pack.

I will use VAC as the endpoint to change (old images), open 'Regedit' and go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Render
Find a Realtek 'HDAUDIO' device on the system (left side in Regedit), it can be any Realtek endpoint that says 'HDAUDIO', I used Realtek [Speakers].

Find and copy the value of [ {b3f8fa53-0004-438e-9003-51a46e139bfc},2 ] from [Speakers], replace the value on the [VAC] device.
Next, change [ {a45c254e-df1c-4efd-8020-67d146a850e0},24 ], to 'HDAUDIO' on the [VAC] device, then restart.

View attachment 344904 View attachment 344905

VAC with the two above changes + DTS Settings (also shows in the Realtek app).

----

In some cases you might need additional permissions to edit the endpoint, use ExecTI to run 'Regedit', then you can edit entries and import .reg files.

DTS note, to change modes when using 'stereo mode', you need the form factor external-internal speakers or headphones.
When no supported form factor is detected, multichannel is as normal, stereo is in default only mode.

When the DTSEnabledInteractive option is set to 1 in the registry, most applications and games work well in 5.1.
However, I can't set the DTS Ultra option as spatial audio, when I try, the box simply reverts to "Off."
In fact, I can't select any spatial audio option.
Several games, like Resident Evil 4 Remake, block the spatial audio option when none is applied to it.
Am I doing something wrong?

No, spatial audio is for stereo only, not multichannel. DTS:X Ultra will display multichannel mode, and in automatic configuration.
You wont be able to select any stereo spatial modes, unless you disable Interactive and set stereo out.

It's correct that Interactive will intervene and switch back to multichannel (6, 5.1).

----

DTS APO4.png

Entry 7 is created by DTS APO4, its optical in multichannel mode.

----

Optical: Spatial APO (DTS) > SFX APO (DTS-Realtek) > MFX APO (DTS-Realtek) > EFX APO (DTS).

Note that [DTS:X Ultra] is an APO system, PCM processor (12+ Ch).

Last edited:
If anyone is interested in DCH and creating their own project with multiple APO's as an option, feel free to use this pack as a reference. I only support DTS.

If you want to create your own certificate and sign files and drivers (*): Driver-File Signing Tools + Discussion
I also have some patching 'Tools' that I can not post here, so PM me.

* Never remove the WHQL certificate from .sys files.

====

I forgot to mention, all files inside the .7z packages are directly timestamped.

----

Attachments

• Signed.png
    Signed.png
    203.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Signed.png
    Signed.png
    162.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
System Name predator helios 300
Processor intel(r) core(tm) i7-7700HQ @ 2.80ghz
Motherboard laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Cooling laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Memory 16gb 2400mhz 2 slots
Video Card(s) nvidia gtx 1060 laptop
Storage internal 237gb hdd internal 931gb hdd external 3tb hdd usb3.0
Display(s) 1 internal laptop 1 hdmi 100hz aoc 27g2g3
Case laptop
Audio Device(s) ultimea posiden d60 (5.1 speakers) hyper cloudx 2 (headphones)
Power Supply laptop
Mouse razer naga trinity v2
Keyboard razer huntsman TKL v2
VR HMD N/A
If anyone is interested in DCH and creating their own project with multiple APO's as an option, feel free to use this pack as a reference. I only support DTS.

If you want to create your own certificate and sign files and drivers (*): Driver-File Signing Tools + Discussion
I also have some patching 'Tools' that I can not post here, so PM me.

* Never remove the WHQL certificate from .sys files.

====

I forgot to mention, all files inside the .7z packages are directly timestamped.

----
kinda cool also kinda scary to share around as anyone could create a certificate to a application that can cause serious harm to a pc

You don't need a certificate to damage someone's computer with software, how many times have you run unsigned apps as admin?
The certificate mostly just shows the user that it has not been tampered with, after signing.

----

An example is: Download Device Cleanup Tool - MajorGeeks (useful)

This .exe is signed by the author, if you right click the .exe you can see its signed, but not valid because the cert is not installed.

When you right click run as admin, you will get a yellow window with no signed author.
I resigned the .exe with my own cert, now its a blue window with 'Ferather'.

Re-Signed.png

An invalid signature is the same as no signature.

----

Attachments

• E-APO.png
    E-APO.png
    179.5 KB · Views: 4
  • E-APO.png
    E-APO.png
    180 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
You don't need a certificate to damage someone's computer with software, how many times have you run unsigned apps as admin?
The certificate mostly just shows the user that it has not been tampered with, after signing.

----

An example is: Download Device Cleanup Tool - MajorGeeks (useful)

This .exe is signed by the author, if you right click the .exe you can see its signed, but not valid because the cert is not installed.

When you right click run as admin, you will get a yellow window with no signed author.
I resigned the .exe with my own cert, now its a blue window with 'Ferather'.

View attachment 358811

An invalid signature is the same as no signature.

----
i think your missing what im saying yes u can do damage without this just as well but if ppl see this it could trick someone into thinking its a untampered application when in fact it is tools like this are not widely available for a reason because if everyone had this every application would be certified safe basically causeing this to no longer be a effective form of security

Its already not an effective form of security if the author has to install a certificate in order for the files to be valid. My point was plenty of authors self sign files, but don't install the public certificate.
I could sign a virus, but that wont stop your AV from scanning the code and flagging it, then take steps to remove it. Signing files wont make the virus work.

The catalogue used in driver installation has to be signed, this is just part of Microsoft system, else it wont install.
You can also disable driver signing enforcement and install an unsigned driver.

Also byte patching an original file, you can only change bits (r15 to r14), not re-write or inject code.

====

Both my packs run in code protected mode, if you install something like Equalizer APO, you need to disable AudioDG protection.
As a side note, the DTS:X Ultra pack is not a driver, it does have a software component, but its not a driver.

====

> Download this pack, then go to VirusTotal, scan the download, the hash will match post 1.

VirusTotal.png

----

Out of curiosity would you prefer the driver was unsigned?

Last edited:
Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
Its already not an effective form of security if the author has to install a certificate in order for the files to be valid. My point was plenty of authors self sign files, but don't install the public certificate.
I could sign a virus, but that wont stop your AV from scanning the code and flagging it, then take steps to remove it. Signing files wont make the virus work.

The catalogue used in driver installation has to be signed, this is just part of Microsoft system, else it wont install.
You can also disable driver signing enforcement and install an unsigned driver.

Also byte patching an original file, you can only change bits (r15 to r14), not re-write or inject code.

====

Both my packs run in code protected mode, if you install something like Equalizer APO, you need to disable AudioDG protection.
As a side note, the DTS:X Ultra pack is not a driver, it does have a software component, but its not a driver.

====

> Download this pack, then go to VirusTotal, scan the download, the hash will match post 1.

View attachment 358836

----

Out of curiosity would you prefer the driver was unsigned?
valid point of veiw and tbh id rather just use offical solutions if i can help it as most drivers are meant for older hardware which im no longer useing at this time its also safer lel as i did have a scare awhile back with a apo driver and windows flagging it as a tampered program however i do have to ask why do u call your solution dts if its really pcm with meta data dts needs dts hd ma as the bace to hold that meta data dolby uses pcm to hold meta data but mainly in vedio games with dolby mat