• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HighPoint Rocket 1608A 8-Slot M.2 Gen 5

I suppose if you were editing 8K or larger this would fit a workstation very well. Not seeing much use for it outside that since random performance isn't scaling. Is there any CPU overhead?
you would still be scouring fleabay for 2tb 960 pros, a gen5 tlc/qlc that runs out of slc cache in 30s then drops down to sata speeds is no good for video editing

Not quite pertinent, but I think it's interesting how it's the second adaptor of this kind that included "Rocket" in its name, or those of relevant products.

Considering how few of these are actually coming to the market, it's quite a...poverty of words for things that go fast. :p
I still have an old "hardware" 8-channel SATA 2 (yes 300Mbit) "RocketRAID" card. Have a look at their list of discontinued products, "Rocket" from memory is their largest product brand name/word, and one of the reasons why I am so surprised that this product is so damned expensive is because HighPoint has never been a high-end brand, but they certainly do continue to try.

Last edited: