• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need Help Finding: Coinmine RX 580 2048sp (8gb) stockbios

izy

Which Bios do you think I should try next as the best bet
If you go to my post i think you should take them in the order and try them one by one even the rx570 and rx580 till hopefully u find a working one.

Last edited:
If you go to my post i think you should take them in the order and try them one by one even the rx570 and rx580 till hopefully u find a working one.
ok

The Vurrion one says P/N mismatch

And the AMD one says VBIOS Image not found

izy

ok

The Vurrion one says P/N mismatch

And the AMD one says VBIOS Image not found
Have you tried all of them?

They are all with H5GC8H24AJR and not H5GC8H24MJR memory as you said that was showing on your memory chips (i cant read the memory version from your pics). I see in your GPU-Z pic from the first post that your current bios has H5GC8H24MJR memory , is there any way you read the memory version from the chips wrong and they are H5GC8H24MJR ?
Did you try to flash them with the CMD version of atiflash (like you did when you unbricked) ?

It's definitly AJR, but I did it using the GUI mode

Also I know the pic is trash but it definetly has an A not M
real_esrgan2_Screenshot__38_.png

izy

It's definitly AJR, but I did it using the GUI mode

Also I know the pic is trash but it definetly has an A not MView attachment 258425

Did you get any vbios working? i suggest to try the rx 570 vbios if not.
That could be an A but i cant tell what are the last 2 letters, the next looks like a J but i cant tell and the 3rd looks more like an 8 than a G.
Its weird if you tested all those vbios files and none worked, maybe we got the wrong chip number?
Edit: Looking better at the pic it seems that the only memory that could be is the H5GC8H24AJR , i dont know:) ( was trying to compare it with this https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attachments/whatsapp-image-2021-06-22-at-12-07-03-pm-jpeg.204989/ )

Last edited:
ok ill try 570 rn

I got another P/N mismatch

I won't promise, but please save your current BIOS into a file and upload it here.
I will take a look at it and i will try to revert it to a "normal" BIOS not mining.
I'm sure it would be a lot of work but impero could you try? because all the bios's have either given an error or bricked my card

Attachments

• stockbios.rom
    256 KB · Views: 47

izy

Which one worked to flash maybe i can find something similar that works? Did you use the CMD way (i think there is a force flash there)?

Ok try this one:

Last edited:
no I haven't do you know what the P/N mismatch error means? Because I'm worried that if I force-flash something with an error it'll brick my card.

and the only one that successfully flashed was the MAXSUN bios but it bricked my card anyway.

izy

would that nerf my gpu to only 4 gb
I guess so but at least it could work , anyway i found something that has same id , same memory and 8 GB.

One is 570 and the other is 580, did you try any of them? If not you should try them both.

Last edited:
ill try them

the AFOX one had a P/N mismatch

the Palit one is working

OMG the Palit one worked!!!!

but when I play any video games weird pixelated stuff starts showing, and then the game crashes

I think the Palit one has made it worse

I'm gonna put it back in stock

yeah the Palit nerfed my card to 4gb

I don't think that it's worth flashing my card if it has to go down to 4gb

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: izy

izy

ill try them

the AFOX one had a P/N mismatch

the Palit one is working

OMG the Palit one worked!!!!

but when I play any video games weird pixelated stuff starts showing, and then the game crashes

I think the Palit one has made it worse

I'm gonna put it back in stock

yeah the Palit nerfed my card to 4gb

I don't think that it's worth flashing my card if it has to go down to 4gb
Yeah , so its a rx 570, ill try to see if i can find any rx 570 with 8 gb and your memory, i think you should try to force flash (if its possible) the other bios with 8 GB rx 580 / 570.

Ok , what i could find is this , it has MJR memory but timings are pretty the same so it should work. (your current bios is reporting MJR anyway, its not the MAXUN bios that bricked your card before , this is rx 570 version ). I hope this will do the job.

Last edited:
Lets see

I got a P/N mismatch from the maxsun 570

i guess ill try to force flash hopefully this ends ok

the MAXSUN 570 bios bricked it but I repaired

ill try to force flash the 580 now

AFOX force flash bricked it also :(

izy

I had my money on the AFOX, there arent many H5GC8H24AJR with same Subsystem Id. as yours. I tried to open your stock bios that you uploaded but no editing program that i have can open it.

lemme try to send it again

here, I hope this one works.

it might be because it's a custom bios by a random company called coinmine, but idk

Attachments

• biosname.rom
    256 KB · Views: 39

izy

Yep , it doesnt seem to work , i could had changed memory straps to match your vram specs if it worked. Too bad that the Palit bios its not 8G,, is that the only BIOS that worked (i dont think i can change the capacity) ?

izy

Sadly i was curios if i can edit the Palit vbios and it doesnt work , something strange with you video card model (or with some vbios) :) the only thing i can think now is just that you have to try guessing what it could work then flash it and hope you get lucky (unless someone else here knows something that i dont and can help you). If you find something with 8G that works but its just a bit unstable and can be edited we can change the memory straps and try to make it more stable but we need an working bios.

ok :)

I found one imma try it

After going through 5 different bios I FOUND ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's still make wierd pixelated shapes though any way you guys have to fix?

Attachments

• Yeston.rom
    256 KB · Views: 62

izy

Try this see if its working, i just did some random timings see if it works for you to flash and maybe it will be stable, ill have do another one later.
Edit: Can you try to underclock your vram (with msi afterburner) see if its stable ( the bios you found or this one if its not )

Attachments

• newrom.rom
    256 KB · Views: 63

izy

I can mod your original bios , i found a software that can do that , not sure what timings i can for, maybe ill make you 2 versions and you will check them out, the rom ive uploaded has some random timings so it may have worse gaming performance but if it works and its stable you can just use that , i dont think its a big difference.

with underclock i'm getting the pixly things when doing a pc benchmark

I can mod your original bios , i found a software that can do that , not sure what timings i can for, maybe ill make you 2 versions and you will check them out, the rom ive uploaded has some random timings so it may have worse gaming performance but if it works and its stable you can just use that , i dont think its a big difference.
Oh wow that would be great!!